'pembo' Rushden, Northants. Sat 31st January

'The Pemberton Centre' H E Bates Way Rushden Northants NN10 9YP on SATURDAY 31st January

Now into our 4th year and we will keep playing the tunes you want to hear and keeping that huge dance floor busy!

Resident DJ's Steve Brown, Jem Brittin and Len Dopson are joined by guest Chris Dalton (Cleethorpes) playing 'Pembo' faves, and everything from the rarest of the rare to well known classics.

Doors 7.30pm - 12.30am (plus a few bonus tunes!) Admission £6 on the door or £5 if ordered in advance. For reservations call Jem on 07905 028003 or e mail js.briton@ntlworld.com .

This has become one of the best attended Soul Nights in the area. Don't take our word for how good it is, just look at our event lookbacks and see what others have to say!

If you are visiting for the 1st time please come and say Hi to me and Jem. See you there, Steve.

Edited by Steve Brown
  • Replies 34
  • Views 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest rushden

Hi Steve, Jem & Len,

Will be over for this one and looking forward to what is a cracking night at the Pembo, plus we want to do a story and photos for the website.

Kev

G'day Steve , Gem & Len , Would love to have been over for one of your nights and will always remember how you helped me with free equipment hire and more importantly your time with the rock foundation re union a few yrs back. I arrive for Prestatyn & leave before easter so it's not to be . Hope to catch up with you all somewhere though , John sweating down under

G'day Steve , Gem & Len , Would love to have been over for one of your nights and will always remember how you helped me with free equipment hire and more importantly your time with the rock foundation re union a few yrs back. I arrive for Prestatyn & leave before easter so it's not to be . Hope to catch up with you all somewhere though , John sweating down under

Great to hear from you mate! We will have to catch up when you're over. Got your PM so will get back to you. Not sure of the Rothwell date but will try to get along.

Keep in touch, Steve.

'The Pemberton Centre' H E Bates Way Rushden Northants NN10 9YP on SATURDAY 31st January

Now into our 4th year and we will keep playing the tunes you want to hear and keeping that huge dance floor busy!

Resident DJ's Steve Brown, Jem Brittin and Len Dopson are joined by guest Chris Dalton (Cleethorpes) playing 'Pembo' faves, and everything from the rarest of the rare to well known classics.

Doors 7.30pm - 12.30am (plus a few bonus tunes!) Admission £6 on the door or £5 if ordered in advance. For reservations call Jem on 07905 028003 or e mail js.briton@ntlworld.com .

This has become one of the best attended Soul Nights in the area. Don't take our word for how good it is, just look at our event lookbacks and see what others have to say!

If you are visiting for the 1st time please come and say Hi to me and Jem. See you there, Steve.

Hi mate , you are a bit early with your signature aint ya ! not had the January one yet :lol:

Hi John hope all is well....will be along to see you at Rothwell A.T.B Jem :thumbsup:

Hi All. The Banbury Crew [namely Tom, Chaz & Tabs + a.n. other ?] will defo be at the Pembo this Sat.

I have my right leg in plaster for 6 weeks; so no dancing for me this time. Never mind, just put me in a corner somewhere {near the Gents !} and feed me fine music and drink. Nuff said.

Really looking forward to seeing all the usual Pembo crowd. Great venue, music, peeps etc. Get yourself to this one - you know it makes sense.

Cheers.................. Tom. Banbury.

Hi Lou be great to see you , hope you can make it ...plus i think we still have some unfinished business to sort out :D

ah yes, with interest it now stands , with all late payment fees ect @

£ 30,000000000,0000000000,00000000000000000000000000000000

but if you get me a drink we can call it quits :lol:

Hi Jem and Steve,

As Tom said at least 3 of us coming over this Saturday.

Popping into Len and Nina's first to see Tabitha.

Now who was she named after :) .

Seems a long time since the last Pembo.

See you all Saturday.

Best

Tabs

Hi All. The Banbury Crew [namely Tom, Chaz & Tabs + a.n. other ?] will defo be at the Pembo this Sat.

I have my right leg in plaster for 6 weeks; so no dancing for me this time. Never mind, just put me in a corner somewhere {near the Gents !} and feed me fine music and drink. Nuff said.

Really looking forward to seeing all the usual Pembo crowd. Great venue, music, peeps etc. Get yourself to this one - you know it makes sense.

Cheers.................. Tom. Banbury.

Hi Jem and Steve,

Now who was she named after biggrin.gif .

See you all Saturday.

Best

Tabs

Even longer for me Tabs, missed the last one and am gonna miss this one too! B*gger!

Have a great time everyone......i'm sure it will be another stormin night. thumbsup.gif

Hi Jem and Steve,

Now who was she named after :thumbsup: .

See you all Saturday.

Best

Tabs

Be great to see the Banbury Crew again ....your gonna love Tabs Tabs, Shes a little cutie ....takes after Nina obviously :lol: .....Tell Tom We have a special "Pembo" chair laid on for him and i will see if i can get Him a personal waitress :thumbsup:

Edited by Jem Brittin

:thumbup:thumbup.gif

[be great to see the Banbury Crew again ....your gonna love Tabs Tabs, Shes a little cutie ....takes after Nina obviously :D .....Tell Tom We have a special "Pembo" chair laid on for him and i will see if i can get Him a personal waitress :(

Will I have to burp this Tabs as well? - Just don't be sick down my shoulder again!!! :(

Tom - Shame your in a plaster - I'll welcome that as an excuse not to dance to my set though...I've heard a lot worse!!! unsure.giflaugh.gif

See ya'll Sat.

Len.

"""" Tell Tom We have a special "Pembo" chair laid on for him and i will see if i can get Him a personal waitress :thumbsup: """"

Hope this isn't some sort of Commode chair :lol:

Gonna drive me mad not being able to dance, with all them great tunes being played.

Added bonus: going to Len & Nina's first for pre-match refreshments.

See you all Sat. Cheers............... Tom.

"""" Tell Tom We have a special "Pembo" chair laid on for him and i will see if i can get Him a personal waitress :huh:""""

Hope this isn't some sort of Commode chair :)

Gonna drive me mad not being able to dance, with all them great tunes being played.

Added bonus: going to Len & Nina's first for pre-match refreshments.

See you all Sat. Cheers............... Tom.

Was at the 'Pembo' today and have arranged one of the special basketball wheelchairs. They can do 20 spins in 10 seconds so you can sit and dance at the same time! :)

Cheers, Steve.

I see its the Pemberton this Saturday.

I have noticed that the guest DJ is on at an extremely early time again. I have only just got back into the Scene and one of the reasons i go to certain venues, would be not primarily, but effects my choice, is the guest DJ/s. I went to the last Pemberton but due to work commitments i arrived after the guests had been on, which was far too early in the evening. I always was led to believe that a guest DJ would receive top billing. Also i have noticed that the other resident, Len Dopson has been allocated 45 minutes to do a spot as has the guest but the 2 promoters, Jem amd Steve are on the decks for collectively 4 hours. Surely this can not be normal. I also noticed that the 2 promoters invariably have 4 or so hours to DJ at most of the Pembertons. Should the promoters wish to do 4 hours or so then that is their want, it may be because of financial reasons that more than one guest isnt booked. But surely the guest should be on later, also is the guest not slightly annoyed that they have travelled as far as they have to do a spot only to find on arrival that they have got 45 minutes at 9pm. 9pm as we are all aware is a hard spot to carry off as people are generally starting to get warmed up. It surely isnt the guests job to warm the crowd up for the promoters.

I am in no way trying to cause any ill feeling, but i think the line up and timings seem somewhat odd, for an event that is supposedly becoming the best attended event in Northants????

One other point i would like to put across is that at the last Pemberton there were a lot of drunken people barging and pushing on the dance floor. I have never witnessed this at Northern events as the punters are generally there to dance and not get drunk. The flyers also advertise Northern etc... but do not mention wedding Motown.

Dissallusioned

B

XX

I see its the Pemberton this Saturday.

I have noticed that the guest DJ is on at an extremely early time again. I have only just got back into the Scene and one of the reasons i go to certain venues, would be not primarily, but effects my choice, is the guest DJ/s. I went to the last Pemberton but due to work commitments i arrived after the guests had been on, which was far too early in the evening. I always was led to believe that a guest DJ would receive top billing. Also i have noticed that the other resident, Len Dopson has been allocated 45 minutes to do a spot as has the guest but the 2 promoters, Jem amd Steve are on the decks for collectively 4 hours. Surely this can not be normal. I also noticed that the 2 promoters invariably have 4 or so hours to DJ at most of the Pembertons. Should the promoters wish to do 4 hours or so then that is their want, it may be because of financial reasons that more than one guest isnt booked. But surely the guest should be on later, also is the guest not slightly annoyed that they have travelled as far as they have to do a spot only to find on arrival that they have got 45 minutes at 9pm. 9pm as we are all aware is a hard spot to carry off as people are generally starting to get warmed up. It surely isnt the guests job to warm the crowd up for the promoters.

I am in no way trying to cause any ill feeling, but i think the line up and timings seem somewhat odd, for an event that is supposedly becoming the best attended event in Northants????

One other point i would like to put across is that at the last Pemberton there were a lot of drunken people barging and pushing on the dance floor. I have never witnessed this at Northern events as the punters are generally there to dance and not get drunk. The flyers also advertise Northern etc... but do not mention wedding Motown.

Dissallusioned

B

XX

Sorry you are dissallusioned , ref. the points you have made , firstly the times guest djs go on is decided by mutual consent ie some djs prefer to go on early especially if they have travelled some way, some late ,so we do our best to accomodate. Times have changed around a bit this time as we only have one guest dj(we usually have two) and if you read Steves post ref. dj times He does state that the times may vary.

ref. the last pembo you attended ...i assume you mean the Oct.2008 one ,the main guest dj Roger Banks went on between 10.30 and 11.00 for an hour if i remember, ref. drunken people barging about ,its never really been a problem at the pembo but i would urge you if it happens again to let us know there is plenty of security to sort it out, regards "wedding motown" i assume you mean "popular" motown would make no apology for this we have always featured it and will continue to along with all the other stuff we play,

ref. the 45 min dj spots its something we have always done ,we think that it concentrates the djs more, seems to work for us, ref. the length of time the promoters dj, have to say for as long as i can remember i have only done 45 min slots myself in the past, as we dont really count the 7.30 to 8.30 as a slot ie people are arriving getting drinks etc , Steve usually does this time while i cover the door. take the remaining time 4 hours and divide it between 5 djs everyone gets approx 45 mins...all your points are taken on board ....hope you can make this one and have a enjoyable evening smile.gif

Edited by Jem Brittin

Point well made Jem! As the scheduler of DJ times I can tell you that Roger Banks had an hour and finished his spot at 11.30. If Souldiva missed that, was it worth her/him coming for the last hour? To imply that there were loads of drunken people on the dance floor is nonsense. Anyone that attends the Pembo will know that we always have a great group of people, and the behaviour, as with nearly every other soul event that I attend, is impeccable. Is it our Xmas charity night that is being referred to here? as that was not one of our regular soul nights and did feature a lot of commercial Motown. Funny it is never mentioned in Events Lookbacks.

Strangely empty profile Souldiva! Or am I just an old cynic?

Regards, Steve :D .

Guest gordon russell

could it be you've been rumbled :lol: are you there just for the money?.do half of rushdens pub clientele end up there later?.Arthur,bob and co :) .Is the music important?......has souldiva66 hit a nerve?.....see you on the night fellas,looking forward to it thumbsup.gif

could it be you've been rumbled :lol: are you there just for the money?.do half of rushdens pub clientele end up there later?.Arthur,bob and co :) .Is the music important?......has souldiva66 hit a nerve?.....see you on the night fellas,looking forward to it thumbsup.gif

There's only one thing you hate more than a Northamptonshire Soul Night and that's a successful Northamptonshire Soul Night!

How sad. Please stay of my thread, we don't do politics!

could it be you've been rumbled :lol: are you there just for the money?.do half of rushdens pub clientele end up there later?.Arthur,bob and co :D .Is the music important?......has souldiva66 hit a nerve?.....see you on the night fellas,looking forward to it :thumbsup:

Think we have been down this road before ! certainly not going down it again...but here are some simple answers to your questions

1.have we been rumbled...rumbled for what exactly, absoloutley nothing to hide we put on a soul night that does what it says on the tin simple as that ...check previous events lookbacks i would say 99% of people that attend are happy if people are unhappy with some aspect then tell us . we will try and address it

2. In it for the money? you really are having a laugh now!can honestly say that cost of hall ,investment in equipment ie just paid £300 out to have speakers repaired, payment for flyers , djs , adverts means we are lucky to break even and over all ,over a 4 year period i would hazzard a guess we are down ...not complaining just a fact

3.Rushdens pub clientle does not end up there later cos we dont let people in after 10pm , locals do attend and i am pleased they do but most of the ones i know come for the music... I know one thing the Pembo staff always complain that "our lot "dont buy that much drink considering the ammount attending.

4.Souldiva66 hitting a nerve , not at all, just their account of the last pembo didnt match anyone elses and i was just trying to address the issues raised.

finally by all means come along tomorrow night ....if we dont do what we advertise and you are unhappy then you can have your money back and feel free to recount your expierence in events lookbacks on here

a.t.b. Jem thumbsup.gif