Yorkshire's Own Bridlington Weekender June 26th To 28th 2009

Hi all and Happy New Year

just a quick line about the Bridlington Weekender in June. Our second bactch of flyers are now ready for distribution anyone who can get these out and about for us please drop me a PM with your address.

Ticket prices have been held at just £20 each for the whole weekend and are available both from ticket sellers at venues, via our website (below) or directly from the Spa at Bridlington for Credit Card sale -with NO BOOKING FEE PAYABLE.Or PM us if you wish to order tickets directly from us.

Expect more announcements over the next few days and weeks, with over 1,000 tickets now sold it looks like another cracking event is on the cards. Ask anyone who has attended the first two Bridlington events will tell you what a great crowd we have, excellent SOUL people out for a great weekend with great company in a BRILLIANT venue! :huh:

DJs and room details to follow.

We expect another sell-out event this year, so get those tickets ordered and your accomodation booked.

We are also suporting The BLUEBELL WOOD Childrens Hospice Charity again this year and we are hoping to raise even more money this year than the £1,000 from the 2008 event.

More to follow

Rob & Karen

for the

East Coast Soul Collective

We are also in the processs of opening our 4th room at the event due to the numbers attending this years event

Edited by Karen and Rob Wigley
  • Replies 394
  • Views 19k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

just a quick line about the Bridlington Weekender in June. Our second bactch of flyers are now ready for distribution anyone who can get these out and about for us please drop me a PM with your address.

Ticket prices have been held at just £20 each for the whole weekend and are available both from ticket sellers at venues, via our website (below) or directly from the Spa at Bridlington for Credit Card sale -with NO BOOKING FEE PAYABLE.Or PM us if you wish to order tickets directly from us.

Expect more announcements over the next few days and weeks, with over 1,000 tickets now sold it looks like another cracking event is on the cards. Ask anyone who has attended the first two Bridlington events will tell you what a great crowd we have, excellent SOUL people out for a great weekend with great company in a BRILLIANT venue! :D

We expect another sell-out event this year, so get those tickets ordered and your accomodation booked.

We are also suporting The BLUEBELL WOOD Childrens Hospice Charity again this year and we are hoping to raise even more money this year than the £1,000 from the 2008 event.

More to follow

Rob & Karen

for the

We are also in the processs of opening our 4th room at the event due to the numbers attending this years event

What is the subject for my article in t'programme , and when is it required ?

Malc Burton

your subject is why am I (MALC BURTON) such a boring tw*t no more than 3000 words please .anytime within the next millenium :D

Takes one to know one ..........

Malc Burton

Expect more announcements over the next few days and weeks, with over 1,000 tickets now sold it looks like another cracking event is on the cards. Ask anyone who has attended the first two Bridlington events will tell you what a great crowd we have, excellent SOUL people out for a great weekend with great company in a BRILLIANT venue! :ohmy:

More to follow

Rob & Karen

for the

Hi again you two! Hope you are well.

Anyway, after hearing such glowing reports of this weekender we may just sample it for the first time this year. Especially as I`m such a devout Yorkshireman (even though I love living in Chesterfield with the missus) it would be like returning home.... :rolleyes:

Hi again you two! Hope you are well.

Anyway, after hearing such glowing reports of this weekender we may just sample it for the first time this year. Especially as I`m such a devout Yorkshireman (even though I love living in Chesterfield with the missus) it would be like returning home.... :rolleyes:

GOOD STUFF

be great to see you both

when is keiths 60th -I mean 40th ! :ohmy:

Rob & Karen

GOOD STUFF

be great to see you both

when is keiths 60th -I mean 40th ! :rolleyes:

Rob & Karen

21st September 2009-So, as our night falls on the first Saturday of every month we could put it on Sept 5th or Oct 3rd! Confused? We are!

BTW My 50th! April 13th 2010. So therefore: First Saturday in April which is the 3rd. Barrow Hill. You`re one of the DJs....?

Edited by Stuart Bower

We will be confirming line ups for the weekender later on this week, plus a list of where you can buy tickets locally.

Ben I am still holdin 4 tickets for you from just before Xmas, but deleted your PM so lost your user name on here :D PM me again mate :lol:

Will also be looking for Articles for the Weekender magazine please, we try and keep to a Yorkshire theme, but if you have anything to say or write get in touch and we will talk about what we need. The Mag is given away free at the weekender with spare copies sold on for charity- The BlueBell Wood Childrens Hospice so your ramblings will be for a good cause.

Advertising space is also avaiable in the Mag., anything soul related or otherwise, again all extra money after costs will go to the Hospice. Full pages to one eight page box ads available, ideal for record lists, soul related stuff, venue ads etc etc. Colour and gloss print as well !

Malc Burton -I will be in touch soon

Rob

Edited by Karen and Rob Wigley
Guest yorks old boy

We will be confirming line ups for the weekender later on this week, plus a list of where you can buy tickets locally.

Ben I am still holdin 4 tickets for you from just before Xmas, but deleted your PM so lost your user name on here :lol: PM me again mate :thumbsup:

Will also be looking for Articles for the Weekender magazine please, we try and keep to a Yorkshire theme, but if you have anything to say or write get in touch and we will talk about what we need. The Mag is given away free at the weekender with spare copies sold on for charity- The BlueBell Wood Childrens Hospice so your ramblings will be for a good cause.

Advertising space is also avaiable in the Mag., anything soul related or otherwise, again all extra money after costs will go to the Hospice. Full pages to one eight page box ads available, ideal for record lists, soul related stuff, venue ads etc etc. Colour and gloss print as well !

Malc Burton -I will be in touch soon

Rob

charge a small amount for the mag, put a number on it tell them its a raffle ticket draw no out saves you selling raffle tickets we all know the bluebell wood is a good cause.

For anyone booking rooms although there are a few still remaining opp the venue , there are still Sh#t loads of rooms available elsewhere in the town . TAXIs are cheap as chips some of us stop in the North bay and at 3 in morning a taxi for 4 only costs us 4 quid

Rob

Looking forward to this weekender Rob,

Hotel booked as they phoned us to see if we wanted to stop there again :thumbsup:

as a matter of fact , they were so impressed with "George" that they are letting us bring one of our other dogs with us this year too.

This means i can look through Pat Brady's records ( undisturbed ) in the afternoon sessions while Karen is occupied on the beach with the mutts :lol:

All the best

Steve B

Hotel booked as they phoned us to see if we wanted to stop there again :lol:

as a matter of fact , they were so impressed with "George" that they are letting us bring one of our other dogs with us this year too.

This means i can look through Pat Brady's records ( undisturbed ) in the afternoon sessions while Karen is occupied on the beach with the mutts :huh:

All the best

Steve B

Well must say thats good of them Steve and im looking forward to the weekender too hope to do the full one this year :D:P

Rob

Hotel booked as they phoned us to see if we wanted to stop there again thumbsup.gif

This means i can look through Pat Brady's records ( undisturbed ) in the afternoon sessions while Karen is occupied on the beach with the mutts :P

All the best

Steve B

Two mixup's coming up for the Bridlington Weekender. ( Never mind Yocky's records being in the car)

If you see us out and about will have the Bridlington Weekender tickets on me please feel free to ask if you would like to purchaes some.

Jx

Just more news for those who have tried to book with the Spa in the last few days and got the message SOLD OUT, well we have let them have some more tickets to sell so please try again.

Remember The Spa £20 Million spent on refurbishment ask anyone who went to the first one last year about the place. more details coming very soon on line up but rest asured its going to be a cracker once again ! SUPERB DJs IN 4 ROOMS

Yorkshire's own soul weekender tickets still ONLY £20 for the WHOLE WEEKEND (no gimicks required !!) :rolleyes:

CREDIT CARD HOTLINE 01262 678 258 -NO BOOKING FEE

ECSCSC--By the people, for the people thumbsup.gif

Just more news for those who have tried to book with the Spa in the last few days and got the message SOLD OUT, well we have let them have some more tickets to sell so please try again.

! SUPERB DJs IN 4 ROOMS

Yorkshire's own soul weekender tickets still ONLY £20 for the WHOLE WEEKEND (no gimicks required !!) :lol: CREDIT CARD HOTLINE 01262 678 258 -NO BOOKING FEE

ECSCSC--By the people, for the people :thumbup:

New BATCH of Tickets now allocated

Rob

Hi Bridlington Crew

We have always said that we haven't much money but in friendship we are millionairs. I must say that we have been overwhelmed with the kind words support and offers of help. Sometimes it is percieved that promoters make losts of money on venues, unfortunately this isn't always true as we put all ours int the free christmas bash leaving us with big advertisement bills for 2009 as we had already had everything done. One of them was to advertise on the Flyer for Bridlington Weekender and I feel we must share this with everyone after a phone call from them today. All The Bridlington Promoters have agreed to waver the costs of our advert on the back of the flyer in light of what has happened to us at the Empress. These amongst everyone are "Angels" This has helped us beyond believe as you know Yocky and I have just been made redundant and Linda and Jean hasn't worked for quite a while due to illness. We are sure that many of our soul friends are suffering due to job losses, and the credit crunch, we are so very grateful to all you kind people. Thank you from the bottom of our hearts.

Thank you

Yocky , Joy Elnel, Jean, Linda, and Woody

Edited by soulcrew

Hi rob and all the crew ,just to echo wot joy and yocki said thank you a million times its people like you who keep the boat steady and this great scene of ours going in the right direction when others would let it take the other route ,Money the route of all evil .Thanks again . long live people like you and long live the peoples weekender .El Nel xxxxxxx

Hi rob and all the crew ,just to echo wot joy and yocki said thank you a million times its people like you who keep the boat steady and this great scene of ours going in the right direction when others would let it take the other route ,Money the route of all evil .Thanks again . long live people like you and long live the peoples weekender .El Nel xxxxxxx

Many thanks Nel jean Yockster joy Woody Linda

the least we could do

Rob

We are going to try and get a lot more info from Bridlington Tourist Info in the morning.

There are over 7,000 "Beds" in hotels B&Bs in the town ,but stuff around the Spa is filling up.

Most places are no more than a 10 min walk from the Spa, with a few a short Taxi ride away (no more than 1 mile at the most)

Hope to get links up.

Rob & Karen

Great stuff,

watch out for updates this weekend, saw the lads last night and news to come about the opening of our 4th room at the Venue !

Rob & karen thumbsup.gif

Hi Rob and Karen

How are you two? Just to let you know think the "Tarn" is in front of the credit crunch the tickets are flying out. Have had to takes stock and Rob has just dropped me some more off. All good stuff. :lol: Bargin of a weekender. :):D:D

See you soon take care

Jx

Come on then................... who's D.Jing where and when?

:ohmy: Vicki

Have you not seen a flyer :ohmy: my dear

Pat Brady, Carl Fortnum , Mick H , John Vincent , Rob Kaye , Tony Hadfield , Mort , Steve gainey ,Yockie, John Parker ,Martin Cunnie Cuncliffe ,Mik Parry, Brendon, Alex Simms, Kev Thomas, Tats , Sean H ,Night nurse, and many more details to be posted later with where and when by Rob Wig

regards Rob

Have you not seen a flyer :ohmy: my dear

Pat Brady, Carl Fortnum , Mick H , John Vincent , Rob Kaye , Tony Hadfield , Mort , Steve gainey ,Yockie, John Parker ,Martin Cunnie Cuncliffe ,Mik Parry, Brendon, Alex Simms, Kev Thomas, Tats , Sean H ,Night nurse, and many more details to be posted later with where and when by Rob Wig

regards Rob

Bloody hell Wicksy, it's no wonder folks get me & Ian Cunliffe mixed up :ohmy:

Just booked in at the Monarch hotel on the seafront within spitting distance from the Spa.

It's one of those big old grand hotels that you get at the seaside. Think there are a few rooms left & some pretty good discounts if you book on line.

Bloody hell Wicksy, it's no wonder folks get me & Ian Cunliffe mixed up :ohmy:

Just booked in at the Monarch hotel on the seafront within spitting distance from the Spa.

It's one of those big old grand hotels that you get at the seaside. Think there are a few rooms left & some pretty good discounts if you book on line.

well put the bloody telephone number up then

Rob

Guest yorks old boy

Have you not seen a flyer :) my dear

regards Rob

looks like the gangs all here then what a line up :D is sure going to be one big party beer.gif:):D:rolleyes::unsure::)

Guest BrandySistaShirl

any chance of a few hotels rob a few are askin me for um near the venue so i can tell um at east kirkby me old chappie

TEAM TARN ARE BOOKED IN A NICE ONE

IF YOU WANT NUMBER LET ME NO :thumbsup: