Yorkshire's Own Bridlington Weekender June 26th To 28th 2009

Our fourth room will be opperating under the title of "The Hipster Lounge", with a mixture of RnB, Boogaloo and rare soul shakers from the 60s.

With an original Mod feel we expect this room to really do the business.

Situated in the 4th room just off the Balcony, this allows us to increase the capacity of the weekender and add something extra special into the mix.

Remember this will be a Ticket only event as we are selling large numbers of tickets at the moment and expect to reach "Sold out" status well before the actual event at the end of June.

Here are two more playlists from select Jocks

>EDDIE WAINWRIGHT'S TOP 10 FOR THE R&B ROOM AT BRID

its Eddie Wainwright,heres my top ten at the moment, quite difficult to choose actually!

Sidney Barnes-"you'll always be in style"-Red Bird

Erskin Mobley-lucky man-GL

Gwen Davis-my man dont think i know

Ernie Washington-lonesome shack-Chattahoochee

The Jokers-"soul sound"-Sko-field

Vivian Carol-oh yeah yeah yeah-Merben

Wade Flemons-jeanette-Ramsel

Ray Scott and the Scottsmen-"right now"-Decca

Baby Jean-"if you wanna"-Stacy

Jasmin-T-"some other guy"- Tangerine

GAVIN NEEDHAM'S TOP 10 FOR THE R&B ROOM AT BRID

VICTORIA WILLIAMS & J.B. LEDBETTER - SHOW SOME SIGN - VERVE

JOHNNY MAE MATHEWS - TWO SIDED THING - BIG HIT

MARVIN L. SIMS - GET OFF MY BACK - REVUE

BILLIE DAVIS & THE LEROYS - WATCHA' GONNA DO - U.K.COLUMBIA

THE PURPLE HEARTS - OF HOPES DREAMS AND TOMBSTONES - AUS. SUNSHINE

TONI DALY - LIKE THE BIG MAN SAID - U.K. COLUMBIA

JOEY PASTRANA - AFRO AZUL - COTIQUE

L.B. WILSON - DONT - VIVID

JOE THOMAS & BILL ELLIOT - SPEAK YOUR PIECE - SYMBOL

OTIS LEE - HARD ROW TO HOE - QUAINT

Hope thats enough "Custard" for you all laugh.gif

ECSCSC

• Replies 394
  • Views 19.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Just a reminder about this on the thread earlier

Will also be looking for Articles for the Weekender magazine please, we try and keep to a Yorkshire theme, but if you have anything to say or write get in touch and we will talk about what we need.

The Mag is given away free at the weekender with spare copies sold on for charity- The BlueBell Wood Childrens Hospice so your ramblings will be for a good cause.

and

Advertising space is also avaiable in the Mag., anything soul related or otherwise, again all extra money after costs will go to the Hospice. Full pages to one eight page box ads available, ideal for record lists, soul related stuff, venue ads etc etc. Colour and gloss print as well !

get in touch if interseted

Rob

:lol:just a quick shout for anyone who needs more flyers-I've got a massive pile of post to go out in the morning, so if you need any shout up and they will be straight to you.

Ticket sellers-I will be contact everyone who has tickets for sale to check current up dates.

Rob Kay and Austin now have tickets again and will be selling them at Willington soul night on Saturday evening. Other sellers shout up if you are out and about

We will be at Blackpool FC on saturday with tickets as well.

more later

Rob & Karen

for ECSCSC

Guest the dukester

Our fourth room will be opperating under the title of "The Hipster Lounge", with a mixture of RnB, Boogaloo and rare soul shakers from the 60s.

With an original Mod feel we expect this room to really do the business.

Situated in the 4th room just off the Balcony, this allows us to increase the capacity of the weekender and add something extra special into the mix.

Remember this will be a Ticket only event as we are selling large numbers of tickets at the moment and expect to reach "Sold out" status well before the actual event at the end of June.

Here are two more playlists from select Jocks

>EDDIE WAINWRIGHT'S TOP 10 FOR THE R&B ROOM AT BRID

its Eddie Wainwright,heres my top ten at the moment, quite difficult to choose actually!

Sidney Barnes-"you'll always be in style"-Red Bird

Erskin Mobley-lucky man-GL

Gwen Davis-my man dont think i know

Ernie Washington-lonesome shack-Chattahoochee

The Jokers-"soul sound"-Sko-field

Vivian Carol-oh yeah yeah yeah-Merben

Wade Flemons-jeanette-Ramsel

Ray Scott and the Scottsmen-"right now"-Decca

Baby Jean-"if you wanna"-Stacy

Jasmin-T-"some other guy"- Tangerine

GAVIN NEEDHAM'S TOP 10 FOR THE R&B ROOM AT BRID

VICTORIA WILLIAMS & J.B. LEDBETTER - SHOW SOME SIGN - VERVE

JOHNNY MAE MATHEWS - TWO SIDED THING - BIG HIT

MARVIN L. SIMS - GET OFF MY BACK - REVUE

BILLIE DAVIS & THE LEROYS - WATCHA' GONNA DO - U.K.COLUMBIA

THE PURPLE HEARTS - OF HOPES DREAMS AND TOMBSTONES - AUS. SUNSHINE

TONI DALY - LIKE THE BIG MAN SAID - U.K. COLUMBIA

JOEY PASTRANA - AFRO AZUL - COTIQUE

L.B. WILSON - DONT - VIVID

JOE THOMAS & BILL ELLIOT - SPEAK YOUR PIECE - SYMBOL

OTIS LEE - HARD ROW TO HOE - QUAINT

Hope thats enough "Custard" for you all :shades:

ECSCSC

Rob

With having the Hipster room does that mean I cant spin some of the same genre in the main hall :lol:

Hi All

Just to let everyone know we will be at Skegness Barlife this saturday and next Saturday we will be at the Skegness weekender with us we will have Bridlington weekender Tickets. As they are getting down to very few please ask if you would like to purchase them.

Can't wait for this weekender as the venue, music,and DJ's are first class, not fogetting the promoters who are very obliging and supportive to dancers ,stall holders, and music lovers

We are just organising for everyone to go to the Southcliffe pub across the road from the Spa as a meeting point. will update you as and when.

Can we just say a massive thank you to Rob Wicks, Rob Wiggley and Pat Bradey for there support after loosing the Empress and with our recent collection for our dear friends Linda and Dave such kind and generous people.

Well bring it on that's what we say as Team Tarn can't wait.

KTF

Yocky and Jx

Edited by soulcrew

Rob

With having the Hipster room does that mean I cant spin some of the same genre in the main hall :lol:

:DSpeak nicely to them and they will put you on mate ! You play what you like mate as long as everyones dancing and having a good time :D Which seems to be the case in the previous two years you have been a DJ at bridlington :ohmy:

Rob

Hi Karen & Rob,

Looking forward to this one and now with another room what more could you ask for, thread now completed in the website let me know if you want any more info in.

Kev

We'll be getting on to it later, had a couple of late days at work an me head is spinning :lol:

Yes with the 4th room now added we think it adds enough variation to a near perfect weekender.

Lots of talk of the The Rare/ underplayed Room once agin with some excellent guest and residents lined up :lol:

more later

Rob & karen

Hi All

Just to let everyone know we will be at Skegness Barlife this saturday and next Saturday we will be at the Skegness weekender with us we will have Bridlington weekender Tickets. As they are getting down to very few please ask if you would like to purchase them.

Can't wait for this weekender as the venue, music,and DJ's are first class, not fogetting the promoters who are very obliging and supportive to dancers ,stall holders, and music lovers

Very Kind words indeed-we will be announcing the Sunday theme very soon :D

We are just organising for everyone to go to the Southcliffe pub across the road from the Spa as a meeting point. will update you as and when.

Can we just say a massive thank you to Rob Wicks, Rob Wiggley and Pat Bradey for there support after loosing the Empress and with our recent collection for our dear friends Linda and Dave such kind and generous people.

Well bring it on that's what we say as Team Tarn can't wait.

KTF

Yocky and Jx

Some more news on the Rare and underplayed room in the Oceania Bar.

As posted before the line up in the rare room has several new additions this year to compliment the DJ line up from last year. Tats gets his first shot at the room as does Carl Fortnum (that will be very interesting to see what Carls got hidden away :g: ). Tony Hatfield and John Parker will again be the backbone of the room. Pat Brady also steps up to the plate.

The travelling nomads Mick & Mo will also be making the trek to Bridlington, hopefully stopping a while longer this time guys ! John Alden has already set out from Kent on the journey North-- he likes to be well prepared :D (only kidding John, glad you are bringing Marolyn this time mate) Mark Etheridge will be representing the Sheffield side of Yorkshire and we hope that Toby will be making the journey up from Groovesville, All great Guys and gals with excellent taste in music and great records as well. More guests have been added waiting on Pat for current line up.

Ticket up date- at least 1,600 tickets now confirmed as sold (Thank you soul people) without this weekends up dates. I've done another 6 today since arriving home from Blackpool FC soul night.

We can not stress enough how important it is to GET YOUR TICKETS NOW. Dave and the Donny lot have theirs sorted so I'm told :thumbsup: , but we still know people who have Hotels booked but not yet picked up tickets.

Booking details below as always or P M us to buy.

Thanks again-more later

Rob & Karen

ECSCSC

Edited by Karen and Rob Wigley

and we hope that Toby will be making the journey up from Groovesville, All great Guys and gals with excellent taste in music and great records as well. More guests have been added waiting on Pat for current line up

Booking details below as always or P M us to buy.

Thanks again-more later

Rob & Karen

ECSCSC

Guest soul4life

as requested..heres my top ten uptempo dance tracks! for brid modern room

bool "detroit dance"

phil alexander "magic"

kemal "closer"

rob anton "dance all night"

tony lee "turn around"

lydia "love n happiness"

kaysun "its in the vibe"

solan "gotta use it"

d.j meme "any love"

blair "life"

have a great week guys! hope to see you out n bout very soon!!! and thanks again for the invite..... :ohmy:

regards terry & jacqui

Cross-posted from "all about the soul" regards weekender mag

Rob

Right I'm putting on my editors hat again for the weekender programme for Bridlington Weekender.

All those i've spoken to about writting something or being interviewed for the mag i hope to get it wrapped up within the next 7 days or so.

Anyone with anything to say about The Yorkshire Soul Scene past or present drop me a PM Could be old Clubs, events people etc.

At the moment It looks like we will be at least 20 pages for the weekender or 24 if a couple of promised adverts come in. All money, after printing cost, goes towards the Bluebell Wood Childrens Hospice.

If you fancy an advert we start at 1/8th Page @ £50 FULL Colour.

1/4, 1/2, sizes available up to FULL pages. I will scan a couple of pages to give you the gist of it and anyone who wants a copy of the 2008 mag drop me a line.

Adverts for Soul Clubs, Events, Sales, Records etc. If you want to get together with a couple of mates and share the space its fine by us and works out cheaper the larger space you have!

As we say all money after print cost goes into the Bluebell pot :thumbsup:

Dig deep Soul people

ECSCSC.

You also get a link or ad on www.Bridsoul.com in with the cost !.

This post has been edited by Karen and Rob Wigley: A minute ago

Attached thumbnail(s) img-resized.png Reduced 89%post-1887-1237925413_thumb.jpg 1275 x 1753 (342.09K)//img-resized.png Reduced 89%post-1887-1237925455_thumb.jpg 1275 x 1753 (481.92K)//img-resized.png Reduced 89%post-1887-1237925483_thumb.jpg 1275 x 1753 (391.57K)//

NEWS UPDATE

Again cross posted, we have sold 2 and a 1/2 pages of ads since posting above. Space still available -as said before all money generated after costs goes to the Bluebell Wood Childrens Hospice Charity for who we will be fundraising once again at the event.

Still trying to get an overview on total tickets sales, but we know its around the 1,650 mark this week, Thank you :rolleyes: .

There are approx 350 tickets left in circulation or at the Box office -£20 each- We are down to our last 19 here. If you have tickets rserved with sellers PLEASE PICK THEM UP ! when they are gone they are gone!

DJs a reminder that we will be having a "Profile page" in the Mag once again-Got your up date Duksey :D , with several featured Jocks again this year and a small section on most who are appearing.

We are also in the process of having T-Shirts produced with our new Bridlington logo's on, which we have specially commisioned as exclusive ECSC designs. They are something really special.

More on that later.

Keep the ads coming in-again as always PM me for further details-prices start at just £50 for the 1/8 page box.

Rob & Karen

for

ECSCSC

CROSS POSTED FROM ALL-ABOUT THE SOUL-IMPORTANT INFO.

a quick note on here to remind our Agents we are doing a count-up of what tickets you have left or what you need-please PM us if we have missed you over the last week.

Got a call yesterday about some people who have yet again got accommodation booked but not got tickets yet. LOOKING LIKE ALL TICKETS WILL BE SOLD OUT WELL BEFORE the event.

Please pick up any reserved tickets NOW as we will be calling in UNSOLD (or UN Paid for) in the very near future.

We shall be capping the numbers again at this event so the venue is COMFORTABLE to attend, we don't do "PACKED IN LIKE SARDINES" with just 12 weeks to go get your act together :wave:

R & K

for ECSCSC

pm us if you need tickets or help. :hypo:

Located a few Tickets

Harpo in Dublin has 8 for sale if you are in Ireland-or at Sleepless Nights- a bargain as the Euro is still strong

Ian Kimmond up Todmorden way has 7 left (LMS Soul Club) PM me if you are in that area and want to pick them up

We have 17 tickets here at the moment.

There are tickets available by PayPal via our website www.bridsoul.com

or via The Spa box office 0n 01262 678 258 for Credit Card bookings-no fee-we pay them for you :shades:

ECSC

more updates as they come in

hey up rob is it a secret ph34r.gif

i heard twas going to be a mad hat day, never thought no more about it and not talked to rob about it as ive said its not one of the matters i deal with so i trust it been sorted . we the ECSC team have our own allocation list of to do,s/organise its easier and more organised that way . so the charity theme comes under the wiggers umbrella

Rob

i heard twas going to be a mad hat day, never thought no more about it and not talked to rob about it as ive said its not one of the matters i deal with so i trust it been sorted . we the ECSC team have our own allocation list of to do,s/organise its easier and more organised that way . so the charity theme comes under the wiggers umbrella

Rob

I HAVE 11 TICKETS LEFT SO IF YOU WANT A TICKET I WILL BE AT THE IGLOO, LOWER PARLIMENT STREET, NOTTINGHAM

(JUST 200 YARDS FROM THE PALAIS) ONCE THEY GONE THEY GONE ASK FOR ME NIGHT NURSE OR ASK SUE

Rob

we are getting Easter out of the way and yes we have a theme, not "mad hatters" this time-just watch this space Barney laugh.gif

Rob & Karen

I HAVE 11 TICKETS LEFT SO IF YOU WANT A TICKET I WILL BE AT THE IGLOO, LOWER PARLIMENT STREET, NOTTINGHAM

(JUST 200 YARDS FROM THE PALAIS) ONCE THEY GONE THEY GONE ASK FOR ME NIGHT NURSE OR ASK SUE

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

If you are out in Nottinghamshire this weekend there are several places you can pick tickets up for Bridlington.

We have just 9 tickets left at the moment, I will have them with me tomorrow night at Sweet Soul in Newark.

Pete Taylor has 12 unreserved tickets left at Annesley Saturday

Rob Smith has 10 tickets available FROM HIS SHOP ONLY-or call him (pm us for number) and he will bring your tickets with him to a venue for immediate pick up.

Dave & Sue Night Nurse have Just 11 tickets left and they will be at The Igloo all-dayer in Nottingham Sunday.

As far as we can see all other Notts sellers have "Sold out"

Dave Hughes will have 10 tickets with him at The Empire in Middlesboro, Thats Good Friday evening and i think 4 of those may already be reserved !

Ian Kimmond had 7 left last night.

I make that 52 "Hard tickets" available from the above. When they are gone they are gone, first come-first served. Most other sellers have already Sold their allocations THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP !

Joy & Yocky will be at the Manifesto Friday, Kingstone Saturday and Bridgey's 50th Sunday if you would like a ticket for the weekender.

Rob Wicks will have tckets with him at "The Metrodome" Barnsley-Joy and Yocky have more or less Sold Out-with just odd un-reserved tickets left-ask Joy at her Card stall- but again Rob was trying to blag our spare tickets to meet Web sales demand.

Rob Kay has posibly 5 or 6 unreserved tickets again.

Pat Brady has tickets via his web site as well.

Bridlington Box office have tickets for Credit Card Holders 01262 678 258

There are Now less than 270 tickets available for this event with just under 3 months to go, if you want "Ticket in your hand" see any of us above.

If you are out on the Scene you already know about the BUZZ about this event. We don't have to tell you. But if you want to come you'll have to get a ticket as SOLD OUT means exactly what it says.

We will NOT oversell this event to latecomers 3 days before !! It will be nice and comfortable inside and Not rammed solid with no room to move around!

THANK YOU ONCE AGAIN

ECSCSC. thumbsup.gif

We have been trying to get hold of Dukesy-are you there mate and where are you this weekend ?

He's a busy guy at the moment but no doubt he's dusted the Scooter off and heading for some sun filled seaside paradise biggrin.gif

Give us a shout mate !

Rob

ps we think hes got about a Dozen tickets left thumbsup.gif

Hi Everyone

Just to let you know that the Southcliffe pub across the road from the Spa has opened it's doors this year again for the Soulies starting Thursday night and Friday afternoon and when ever you feel the need. Worked really well last year with the Spa, along with Yips the Chineese nextdoor.

We will be at the Manifesto Friday, Kingstone Saturday and Bridgey's 50th Sunday if you would like a ticket for the weekender.

KTF

Jx and Yocky

Edited by soulcrew

not long now looks like another well put together event :unsure: are you doing a raffle :no: starting early :no: pub beer.gif:g:

beer.gif

have you not heard all pubs closed that weeked the soul doctor may be there lol beer.gif:g: only joking gonna be a fantastic weekend just like the last two weekenders these guy have put on

Edited by night nurse

not long now looks like another well put together event thumbup.gif are you doing a raffle :no: starting early :P pub :no:beer.gifbeer.gif

they are starting early thursday night in the Southcliff Spa chill-out warmup directly opp the Spa :unsure::g::g:

Rob

www.bridsoul.com

Something new to do The Spa "Yorkshires premier entertainments venue" NS Weekender with 3 bonus rooms covering modern-rare-rb , Brid

Edited by Naughty Boy

Ticket updates---

We are still trying to collate numbers after the Easter Sales rush ! :ohmy::lol:

Pat Brady is currently -SOLD OUT-

We have just 5 here at the moment

Wicksy struggling !

PM us if you need tickets and we will put you intouch with people in your area or reserve tickets

for you when our FINAL BATCH arrives.

We can not stress enough that if you are thinking about attending this event YOU NEED TO GET YOU TICKETS PURCHASED !!!! approx 10 weeks to go to the event and the BUZZ is out of this world !

See you there !

Rob & Karen

for

ECSC

:rolleyes: hi rob and karen ,and rob ,, i have 9 tickets left ,,,if anyone coming down to our venue at the bentinck soul club this friday the 17th april just ask for pete on the door ...

looks like the brid going to be a awsome weekend ..

hope to catch up with you be for then ,,.

pete :unsure:

Guest Mezhouse

:rolleyes:

have you not heard all pubs closed that weeked the soul doctor may be there lol :unsure:beer.gif only joking gonna be a fantastic weekend just like the last two weekenders these guy have put on

Will there be chocolate Night Nurse? Will there? Will there? tee hee

Jo xx

:) hi rob and karen ,and rob ,, i have 9 tickets left ,,,if anyone coming down to our venue at the bentinck soul club this friday the 17th april just ask for pete on the door ...

looks like the brid going to be a awsome weekend ..

hope to catch up with you be for then ,,.

pete :lol:

Hi Pete

thanks for the shout up about the tickets, I'm just in from work (again) so no Bentinck again for me this time. Have a great night as always.

Rob Wicks will be at Brighouse tomorrow night with whats left of his tickets, Dave Hughes might have 4 available there as well. Also at the Beehive, Bradford on Sunday afternoon.

We are now matching people up with the tickets in circulation as stated before we will NOT OVER SELL THIS EVENT.

Box office at Bridlington Spa for Credit Card orders 01262 678 258

thanks

off to bed ZZZZ

Rob

Having thought long and hard about our total capacity for this event with the extra fourth room and the continued heavy demand for tickets we have made a further 250 tickets available :thumbsup: , even with the extra tickets we have always said and maintain we will not sell it out to its total capacity we will keep it comfortable and uncrushed for everyone :thumbup:

Myself , Pat Brady and our ticket agents will now have a few more tickets to circulate.

regards Rob

Brid Spa Northern Soul weekender held at The Yorkshire East Coasts premier venue

not 1 room or even 2 but four quality rooms all for the incredible price of £20 no GIMMICKS no FEES no BULL

just an incredible weekend of soul and the food is good too thumbsup.gif

www.bridsoul.com

:huh:

Hello Dukesy

Thanks for the PM- looks like he's our second international DJ-never in the country mate

If you can catch up with Duksey he has a few tickets left.

See above post Pat & Rob have taken delivery of the final set of tickets for the event. We are concentrating on matching up people with the remaining sellers and calling in unsold tickets to order over the next few weeks.

Bridlington Weekender is only £20 for the FULL WEEKEND, 1,700 already coming, No Saturday only passes, No Pick'n'Mix, No give always, No Hit & Miss. Pay your £20 and enjoy 4 Rooms over 3 days 3 Soul Sessions and a Full Sunday All-dayer. £20 gets you FULL ACCESS to every session.

We are being asked all the time for accommodation addresses and where to stay.

Our advice is to stay on the South Shore area, which is closest to the Spa and Harbour most places are just a 10 minute "Stagger" away from the venue. If you choose to stay on the North Shore you may need Taxis to get you home. However Taxis are DIRT CHEAP and plentiful in Bridlington and will only cost around £3- £4 max.

Tourist Information publishes the "Where to stay" guide, there is also the Brid Hotel & guest House association, but check yellow pages as both the above charge their members for advertising and there are may small and very cheap independent B&Bs close to the Spa who rely on "Repeat trade"

There are around 6,500 "Beds" available in Bridlington also a lot of Holiday apartments that sleep from 4 to 12 people there are all ranges of prices to suit all pockets as well from £14 a night B&B to 4* Hotels.

Always ask for the best rates and if they are doing the 3rd night free etc.

If you are in Bridlington before the Weekender why not have a walk around the area and look at the guest houses & B&Bs for yourself. It's a great town to visit !

More on the run up to the event soon,

ECSC

Coming soon to a Weekender near you

doctors-nurses.jpg

watch this space for a special Bluebell Wood fundraising event....

ECSCSC

As always Bridlington leading the way, now in 4 rooms all weekend, for just £20 1,700 tickets already sold. All welcome, Charity fund raiser for Bluebell Wood Childrens Hospice-special events planned for Saturday & Sunday-watch this space.

Also coming later this year.... wait and see :thumbsup:

Guest Mart B

As always Bridlington leading the way, now in 4 rooms all weekend, for just £20 1,700 tickets already sold. All welcome, Charity fund raiser for Bluebell Wood Childrens Hospice-special events planned for Saturday & Sunday-watch this space.

Also coming later this year.... wait and see :thumbsup:

Hi Rob & Karen

Tickets & accommodation sorted looking forward to Brid, looks like a good turn out expected from your neck of the woods Rob :shades: ....

Mart...

Hi Rob & Karen

Tickets & accommodation sorted looking forward to Brid, looks like a good turn out expected from your neck of the woods Rob :shades: ....

Mart...

You'll love the place Mart, take a pen and paper as you'll be leaving with a "Want list" as long as your arm :thumbsup: I suspect we'll have to prise you out of the "rare and underplayed" room at some point. Good thing is its got its own bar and the main toilets are next to it as well :D

see you there if not before

Rob & Karen

Not sure where we are on friday as it's Mr DEE'S Birthday and we are busy arranging therapy :wicked: but as soon as we make our minds up I will post it up and if you would like a ticket for the Bridlington weekender please feel free to ask. :D

KTF Yocky and Jx

Edited by soulcrew

Source Advert