Yorkshire's Own Bridlington Weekender June 26th To 28th 2009

• Replies 394
  • Views 19.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Mick will still be or returning from Oz wedding or summat , when Rob Wig booked him he was ok to do it, late on it transpired that he may not be able to honour the booking . ner mind thats life and soul

rob

in the planning and running of the event you have to print flyers early 30,000 in our case ! So 1 year advance is a long time ! Mick thought he might be away for 6 weeks or so He thought it best to warn us and cancel well over 5 months ago.

As with all these events we have ended up with twice as many DJs as we originally bookedbiggrin.gif so theres something for everyone !

REMINDER

ALL TRADE/ RECORD STALLS TAKEN

Please do not bring large Boxes of records for sale into the event. A 50 or 100 box is ok.

Friday afternoon session. "Yockies room" (enter by the Spa North Entrance opposit the South Cliff Hotel) EXCHANGE YOUR TICKETS FOR WRIST BANDS for FAST TRACK entry on Friday evening

Saturday afternoon "Bring a box" Charity Record Fair, any size box £5 per box "Tax" (all boxes Tagged to prove payment--no cheating !) straight into the Bluebell Wood charity collection bucket. 12 til 4.30 dig out those spare copies and if you do well sales wise you might even chuck some more in the bucket !!

Sunday-fancy dress theme "Doctors and Nurses" More fund raising for Bluebell Wood Childrens Hospice- a great cause I was there yesterday they do great work !

3 days to go !!

see you all there

ECSCSC

so whos going down thursday then really looking forward to this one and time off work not comin back till monday night just hope the old ticker dont play up and i hope every one that comin to this really has a great weekend the big count down has started hope you lot ready for this well done to the two robs and karen and all those involved in this great weekend so let make this one the best weekener off the yr if its already not the best ( MY OPIOIN IT IS ANY WAY )

Thanks again for all your help.. Thats what makes this forum so special..

Hope you all have a fantastic time in Brid and i am sure all the hard work put in by the promters will bear fruit..

Hope to be there next year..

steve

Shame !!....will live it up for both of us , although am no way has hard core as you :thumbup:

Guest LEICSSOULIES

so whos going down thursday then really looking forward to this one and time off work not comin back till monday night just hope the old ticker dont play up and i hope every one that comin to this really has a great weekend the big count down has started hope you lot ready for this well done to the two robs and karen and all those involved in this great weekend so let make this one the best weekener off the yr if its already not the best ( MY OPIOIN IT IS ANY WAY )

Hi night nurse

Were all going on Thursday til Monday - looking forward to a great weekend..

Starting off in the Southcliff on Thurs Night... Watch out for Karen as I have packed THE dancing shorts from the Trent Soul Cruise !!!

And we have some BRILL outfits for the Sunday (including rubber gloves !!!!!) Although if i dont calm down, Clint says there will be real blood on em !! lol

Ali x

Guest krawen

weather fri Sunny WARMw3.gif

SAT overcast humid with possible showers in the eveningw2.gifw8.gif

Rob the weatherman ill get mi raincoat

Don't matter about the evenings Rob, we'll all be in the Spa thumbsup.gif

Steve B

Just picked up the last of Yocky's outfit for Sunday !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ( been to Pats Pants ont Markit) Can't wait till tomoz ( still cutting and sticking though lol)

For sure we will have a great time. Everyone is surely ready for this weekend, always nice to a cheery up time after all that work.

See you all at Brid

EASTCOASTS BEST

C - SIDE

SOUL WEEKENDER

COZ IT IS

Bring it on

See you all tomoz

Yocky and JX

Safe Travelling peeps

Edited by Yocky

Just picked up the last of Yocky's outfit for Sunday !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ( been to Pats Pants ont Markit) Can't wait till tomoz ( still cutting and sticking though lol)

For sure we will have a great time. Everyone is surely ready for this weekend, always nice to a cheery up time after all that work.

See you all at Brid

EASTCOASTS BEST

C - SIDE

SOUL WEEKENDER

COZ IT IS

Bring it on

See you all tomoz

Yocky and JX

Safe Travelling peeps

Looking forward to seeing you satdi neet my mate - with or without thi kecks :thumbup:

Malc Burton

Guest krawen

Whats he going as Joy, a Doctor or Nurse ohmy.gif

See you all tomorrow

Steve B

Edited by krawen
Guest Mezhouse

Ha ha ha! Either way it doesn't bear thinking about!

Can't wait now, really looking forward to seeing everyone and having a good time. Giddy time!!!!!

Jo xx

Looks like we'll have a really special prize up for grabs in an Extra "dustbin raffle" A luxury Weekend away in London on August bank Holiday weekend For 2 people

FIRST CLASS RAIL TRAVEL from Hull or Doncaster--(or stations south they stop at) Donated by First Hull Trains

Hopefully a central London HILTON hotel or similar 4 * waiting to confirm -donated by ECSCSC

and something special "Soul Wise" as well !

LIsten to Steve White tonight on BBC Radio Sheffield and I'll be telling you a few things about the weekender as well

2 days to go---------

Rob

Looks like we'll have a really special prize up for grabs in an Extra "dustbin raffle" A luxury Weekend away in London on August bank Holiday weekend For 2 people

FIRST CLASS RAIL TRAVEL from Hull or Doncaster--(or stations south they stop at) Donated by First Hull Trains

Hopefully a central London HILTON hotel or similar 4 * waiting to confirm -donated by ECSCSC

and something special "Soul Wise" as well !

LIsten to Steve White tonight on BBC Radio Sheffield and I'll be telling you a few things about the weekender as well

2 days to go---------

Rob

Good luck for the opening night ...... not that you will need it :thumbup:

See you all Saturday night .

Malc Burton

MOVE ON UP

well i spose summat had to go wrong,shades.gif

we had intended sticking in yet a further room this weekend grass roots soul Club room or soul sourcer room or summat like that in the gallery room which is off the balcony, but its with regret that this is now down the drain,

i was about to ring and speak to the Spa when the manager rang me to inform me that our rare/underplayed chill room is a total rightoff due to a massive leak in the said room yesterday that went unnoticed for about five hours and wrecked the room ( NEW FL0OR AND THE LOT NEEDED). Its damaged the theatre also.

So its plan B... weve moved the rare room into what would have been our Rnb Hipster room and this as been moved into the gallery suite... so no 5th room . Just as well we had a spare roomthumbup.gif

so apologies to all . but things happen that you cannot control or plan other than having "plan b"

Rob

Guest Mezhouse

MOVE ON UP

well i spose summat had to go wrong,shades.gif

we had intended sticking in yet a further room this weekend grass roots soul Club room or soul sourcer room or summat like that in the gallery room which is off the balcony, but its with regret that this is now down the drain,

i was about to ring and speak to the Spa when the manager rang me to inform me that our rare/underplayed chill room is a total rightoff due to a massive leak in the said room yesterday that went unnoticed for about five hours and wrecked the room ( NEW FL0OR AND THE LOT NEEDED). Its damaged the theatre also.

So its plan B... weve moved the rare room into what would have been our Rnb Hipster room and this as been moved into the gallery suite... so no 5th room . Just as well we had a spare roomthumbup.gif

so apologies to all . but things happen that you cannot control or plan other than having "plan b"

Rob

You know what they say Rob - 'the best laid plans etc........'!

Well as far as I'm concerned 4 rooms is enough for me! I must say though I'm looking forward to checking out the RnB Hipster room just for something different!

Jo xx

MOVE ON UP

well i spose summat had to go wrong,shades

So its plan B... weve moved the rare room into what would have been our Rnb Hipster room and this as been moved into the gallery suite... so no 5th room . Just as well we had a spare room:thumbup:

Rob

Top sound for the weekender--"you left the water running"! or 3 rooms with running water !

I can hear the peoples knees cracking already having to walk up them stairs

Still evry cloud has a silver lining-more room up there !!

R & K

Rob Smith has a few tickets left at the shop for late comers-

Looks like all other ticket sellers have now SOLD OUT !:D

IF you are able to attend at short notice and If you intend to travel a long way PLEASE BOOK YOUR TICKETS VIA THE BOX OFFICE TODAY 01262 678 258 no booking fees as the last remain spare tickets have been placed there electronically !!

1 day to go to the QUALITY EVENT of the YEAR, YORKSHIRE'S OWN SOUL WEEKENDER in the UKs PREMIER venue !

ECSCSC-we lead -others try to follow !

Guest elnel

All my preperations made ,counting down to the event of the year , setting off about 3.30 tommoz due to work . but cant wait ,had a bit of a shitty year up to now with one thing and another health aint bin so good but on the mend now and rairing to go . allso had one or two daggers in my back but ile get over that . see ya all friday for some great music fun and frivolaties at a great venue run by lovely people .yahoooo .El Nel :yes:

Guest hurryup

You know what they say Rob - 'the best laid plans etc........'!

Well as far as I'm concerned 4 rooms is enough for me! I must say though I'm looking forward to checking out the RnB Hipster room just for something different!

Jo xx

Get some FUNKY HOUSE music on :yes::D:thumbup:

See there Jo :thumbup:

Guest the dukester

MOVE ON UP

well i spose summat had to go wrong,shades

So its plan B... weve moved the rare room into what would have been our Rnb Hipster room and this as been moved into the gallery suite... so no 5th room . Just as well we had a spare room:thumbup:

Rob

Top sound for the weekender--"you left the water running"! or 3 rooms with running water !

I can hear the peoples knees cracking already having to walk up them stairs

Still evry cloud has a silver lining-more room up there !!

R & K

Its hard to get up those steps mate especially when you get to 50 mate whistling

Guest the dukester

Its hard to get up those steps mate especially when you get to 50 mate whistling

It will do you good mate..

it will help though with full use of the upstairs :thumbup:

Rob

Just packing up ready to go to Brid first thing in the morning, we will have a quick check on here before we go.

I have a spare ticket from Tommo available on the door or before if anyone needs it. PM me before 8.00 am and pick up there

Doug Hall now doing a bit for us in the Hipster Lounge on Saturday evening-2 Sweetsoul DJs now on board !

Not heard from anyone who is already up there yet, but I bet its mahem !

See you all tomorrow I,m off to get some shut eye soon..

365 days of planning ..here's to 2010 and more surprises :shhh:

rob & Karen

on behalf of the ECSCSC

Edited by Karen and Rob Wigley

2010 Bridlington weekender tickets will be on sale from Saturday afternoon at this weekends event. Last Weekend in June 25th, 26th, & 27th June.2010 Book earlythumbsup.gif

STILL ONLY £20 FOR THE WHOLE WEEKEND !!!

At least 4 rooms maybe more !

bring yer 20 quids along !

R & K

2010 Bridlington weekender tickets will be on sale from Saturday afternoon at this weekends event. Last Weekend in June 25th, 26th, & 27th June.2010 Book earlythumbsup.gif

R & K

Hi Rob ,boxes all packed and ready to roll for tomorrow , thanks for giving me the opportunity to DJ at this years BRID!!, cant wait .

see ya there

Steve

SIGNATUREJPEG.jpg

R & K

Hi Rob ,boxes all packed and ready to roll for tomorrow , thanks for giving me the opportunity to DJ at this years BRID!!, cant wait .

see ya there

Steve

SIGNATUREJPEG.jpg

Sat up till 4 amish sorting the tunes for the hipster lounge looking forward to some soulful RnB from the weekend as long as the cider keeps flowing and the bar aint to far away ill be a happy man !!!!!

Setting of around 4pm really excited about this first time ive been to Bridlington since the number ones meeting in 1983 ! I dont think my fat arse could stand 5 hours on a scooter now.

Guest the dukester

Sat up till 4 amish sorting the tunes for the hipster lounge looking forward to some soulful RnB from the weekend as long as the cider keeps flowing and the bar aint to far away ill be a happy man !!!!!

Setting of around 4pm really excited about this first time ive been to Bridlington since the number ones meeting in 1983 ! I dont think my fat arse could stand 5 hours on a scooter now.

Roddy

Shame on you ohmy.gif Once a scooterboy, always a scooterboy, and dont you forget it.

Will ride my Lambretta as long as Im able thumbup.gif

Guest the dukester

Yeh your right, sticking with Robs sounds for the weekend one could be........COLLINS AND COLLINS - "TOP OF THE STAIRS" :tumbleweed3:

get thi coit goonerwhistling

Guest stash313

That Jayne Malone has decided to put a spanner in the works by going to work!

Really, how dare she, so we shall be braving the friday rush hour and should be with you at 9pm.

Have fun yal!

What is a follower of The Mennonite church doing selecting your records ? and if so , will they also be ferrying you to Brid by their chosen mode of transport ?

Malc Burton

post-5097-12460172995965.jpg

post-5097-12460172995965.jpg

Edited by Malc Burton