A Song From The Cleethorpes Reunion

Suinoz

G'Day, can anyone PLEASE tell me the title and artist of the record playing while the girl on the dancefloor is eating the burger and dancing. I think it's from Ginger's set and it sounds like i need you baby or need you want you. Got it from the d.v.d. and sounds great. Someone on the site must have been there and knows the song. Anyway here's hoping. Sue. OZ. K.T.F.

Social source share

• Replies 11
  • Views 808
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest smudgesmith

G'Day, can anyone PLEASE tell me the title and artist of the record playing while the girl on the dancefloor is eating the burger and dancing. I think it's from Ginger's set and it sounds like i need you baby or need you want you. Got it from the d.v.d. and sounds great. Someone on the site must have been there and knows the song. Anyway here's hoping. Sue. OZ. K.T.F.

I was there Sue,to be honest was more interested in the burger chuck,

X! :thumbsup:

Social source share

Guest Ste Brazil

Was this the Winter Gardens reunion, didn't know there was a dvd??

Social source share

Guest smudgesmith

Was this the Winter Gardens reunion, didn't know there was a dvd??

Andy Holroyd dit it...pretty good really contains interviews with all DJs and Mary Chapman

Social source share

Guest Ste Brazil

Andy Holroyd dit it...pretty good really contains interviews with all DJs and Mary Chapman

I want one - anybody got a copy for sale?!

Ste.

Social source share

I have sent you a PM

Malc Burton

O.K. Malc, sounds like you were there and you have obviously seen the dvd right through. So can you put a title and artist to the song please. The girl eating a burger on the dancefloor while the song is playing obviously knows it as she is clearly seen singing the words. I know what your gonna say, she should'nt be talking with her mouth full. No seriously, do you know the song?? Tony say's hello and is still trying to get you a copy of the Wakefield poster. Stay soulful, Sue, OZ. K.T.F.

Social source share

O.K. Malc, sounds like you were there and you have obviously seen the dvd right through. So can you put a title and artist to the song please. The girl eating a burger on the dancefloor while the song is playing obviously knows it as she is clearly seen singing the words. I know what your gonna say, she should'nt be talking with her mouth full. No seriously, do you know the song?? Tony say's hello and is still trying to get you a copy of the Wakefield poster. Stay soulful, Sue, OZ. K.T.F.

no problem : I will check the DVDs this afternoon - after I finish putting new sealant strip around the bath :D

Malc Burton

Social source share

Guest mel brat

no problem : I will check the DVDs this afternoon - after I finish putting new sealant strip around the bath :thumbup:

Malc Burton

Don't take your DVD player into the bath! - It's very dangerous! :thumbsup:

Social source share

Following my refitting of new bath sealant trim yesterday afternoon ( see an earlier reply ) , I sat down with a brew and played the DVD ( disc # 2 of the WG farewell set ) which features Ginger's " spot " , to find out what the record was for you .

I played the section nine times ( good title for a record ) , which prompted Lady B by the sixth time , to ask me why I was playing the same part again and again . When I gave my reply of " I am looking for someone eating a burger " , I received the answer of " you could have gone to McDonald's to do that " ..........

Despite desperately wanting to by the ninth time , I am sorry to say I could not see anyone - male or female - either chomping and stomping ( my apologies to Garland Green ) or chewing and shuffling , to the two records played by Ginger in the section which was filmed ........

The two records that the Todmorden Terror played , were Ila Vann " Can't Help Loving That Man " , and The Embers " Watch Out Girl " .

As a result of hearing Ila Vann more times in less than one hour , than I have heard it in the last 25 years , I now cannot get it out of my head :lol: .......

Malc Burton

Social source share

I have checked the DVDs again , and the record in question - to which the lady danced to it whilst she ate the burger - was Jackie Beaver's " Trying To Get Back To You " , played by Dave Appleyard ( not Ginger ) in his spot at the start of the day ......

Thank God I have found it , as I could not rest until I had - bloody " Australians " :lol: ( only joking Sue & Tony ) .......

Malc Burton

Edited by Malc Burton
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!