• Replies 27
  • Views 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Guest wrighty

Been playing this for over three years now and it still has people asking what it is. Think recordsbymail.com has one at $1000 but you will get one a lot less than that. £250 ish IMO

i'd think you'd struggle to find anyone willing to sell a copy that cheap...copies on ebay tend to go for $600-$800 :thumbsup:

Social source share

i'd think you'd struggle to find anyone willing to sell a copy that cheap...copies on ebay tend to go for $600-$800 :unsure:

Agree on them prices :D

And usually craig moerer is the seller(www.recordsbymail.com)

Give him a email and make him an offer ,he will most deffo come down on the $1000 ,esp with the current exchange rate.....

and the fact the last one he auctioned about 2 weeks back went for just over $600 :huh:

Social source share

craig moerer auctioned another one last week and it made £403. so the question is how many has he had and how many more has he got?............ err thats 2 questions :thumbup:

dave

So are we saying there's loads of these around and they are overpriced and if I hang on long enough the price will come down ? :thumbsup:

Social source share

So are we saying there's loads of these around and they are overpriced and if I hang on long enough the price will come down ? ph34r.gif

As we know, He occasionally takes records off his list and auctions them, last year he had Teacherman for $1000 set sale, he put one on auction, I bought it for $660, That was when £1 was worth something, ie $2, the problem we know have is the sterling crisis

Steve angry.gif

Social source share

Records By Mail currently have 2 copies of Teacherman. I and I'm sure many others on here know why I know that whistling.gif

Cheers Pat

Craig took the stock from Soul Bowl. Soul Bowl had lots of copies as John bought up all the stock off of Spyro Gyra when they had their big hit on RCA in the 70s and never sold them all. It's actually the Spyro Gyra boys moonlighting :shhh:

Social source share

Had a look on Popsike and there's 2 different label variants One looks Styrene and the other Vinyl. Is that right ? the lighter Styrene one want for $532, the others went for more Scans below

post-664-1232276385_thumb.jpg

post-664-1232276414_thumb.jpg

Social source share

Yep, I remember it first from the Snaith all dayers in the late 70's / early 80's period.

"Teacherman" definately wasn't the side played :D

50p eh... that's 3 or 4 times less than I paid in around 1983 :lol:

john do u remember DETROIT SOUNDS as well....was saving all my paper round money for it.. :P:D:D

poke played it...probably the most under rated DJ ever..

also sold purple mundi about the same time for 20p..mind u had a lot of copies :P:no:

Social source share

john do u remember DETROIT SOUNDS as well....was saving all my paper round money for it.. :P:D:D

poke played it...probably the most under rated DJ ever..

also sold purple mundi about the same time for 20p..mind u had a lot of copies :P:no:

Detroit Sounds of Friction - "I'm leaving you" on Heavy Sounds or summat wasn't it?

Yes Poke had it covered up as "Get yourself together" I seem to think.

A very under rated DJ I agree :D:lol:

Social source share

Guest Awake 502

Detroit Sounds of Friction - "I'm leaving you" on Heavy Sounds or summat wasn't it?

Yes Poke had it covered up as "Get yourself together" I seem to think.

A very under rated DJ I agree :lol::huh:

Richard originally played this as a cover up at Wigan, think it was as Mel Britt. Took me ages to get one, but was worth it in the end, especially when J.M. sold it for me. :lol:

Social source share

Guest Awake 502

Yep, I remember it first from the Snaith all dayers in the late 70's / early 80's period.

"Teacherman" definately wasn't the side played :lol:

50p eh... that's 3 or 4 times less than I paid in around 1983 :huh:

Indeed, Jeckyl and Hyde was always the side played out, another Soul Bowl bargain... Snaith was so far ahead of it's time.. great memories...

Social source share