• Replies 16
  • Views 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Don't know why I bother  :graynone:

link

Sorry Pete, but I don't see what it adds. Said same about the 'Love Is Like AN Itching' inst that JV plays.

You should get out more :shhh:

Social source share

Guest rachel

Haven't listened to this one.. not a big instrumental fan... had to laugh at Fleetwood last year when someone played a Motown 'instrumental' which had obviously just had the lead vocals taken off.. could still hear the backing vocals.. and everyone was singing along so it just turned into soul karaoke!! :shhh:

Social source share

Yes, nothing gets past you does it Pete! It accompanied a book about Jamerson called Standing in the Shadows of Motown; if you see one I'd snap it up.

link

I vaguely remember it, I thought it was some kind of 'teach yourself Motown bass' thing!

Social source share

Well i like it Pete :shhh:

Check out, if you already have'nt, the instumental version of Barry White-For You, Ill Do, Anything You Want Me To. You might just like it.

Edited by Gary
Social source share

Well i like it Pete :shhh:

Check out, if you already have'nt, the instumental version of Barry White-For You, Ill Do, Anything You Want Me To. You might just like it.

link

All respect mate but I can't stand Barry White and didn't he have instrumentals on all his B sides anyway?

Social source share

I vaguely remember it, I thought it was some kind of 'teach yourself Motown bass' thing!

link

It's a booklet in which some of the worlds "greatest bassists" celebrate the art of Jamerson. Comes with Cds or C90 tape that compliment the text. On Ebay regularly. Great artifact to have. Recommended to any Motown Fan who ain't got one yet.

Regards,

Dave

www.hitsvillesoulclub.com

PS. The Motown "instrumentals" are great imo. Doesn't add anything, just gives you a chance to appreciate the musical side of things. Let's have more I say!! :shhh:

Social source share

• 1 month later...

I've heard the backing track to "Ain't No Mountain..." in a recording studio broken down into the component tracks (drums, bass, guitar, strings etc). The emotional power of the tracks was seriously amazing even without vocals and lyrics.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!