New Voice Soul Club.nottingham.16th Jan 09

its ten to seven the following morning and ive been at work about an hour.finished my start up jobs so i now have a minute or two for internet work.after the last new voice(december)i didnt think it could be topped.boy was i wrong.lots of new faces this time and some from out of town which is always a good sign.a packed room but still enough room to find a spot on the dancefloor if needed.a very good mix of music played by all the djs(marty,edwin-happy birthday for last night mate and rob smith)myself and mark catered for a lot of requests-not all(i didnt think i would be asked for reach out i'll be there!)were filled but i think we covered most of them.sorry to the people who didnt get their records played-bam i promise i will play get my hat next time.another great night and thanks for gail and julian for all the hard work that goes into putting a do on.sorry i had to make a quick getaway but i need my beauty sleep and i hate these 6 o'clock starts.see you all soon and keep the faith!

• Replies 10
  • Views 748
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest charnley

its ten to seven the following morning and ive been at work about an hour.finished my start up jobs so i now have a minute or two for internet work.after the last new voice(december)i didnt think it could be topped.boy was i wrong.lots of new faces this time and some from out of town which is always a good sign.a packed room but still enough room to find a spot on the dancefloor if needed.a very good mix of music played by all the djs(marty,edwin-happy birthday for last night mate and rob smith)myself and mark catered for a lot of requests-not all(i didnt think i would be asked for reach out i'll be there!)were filled but i think we covered most of them.sorry to the people who didnt get their records played-bam i promise i will play get my hat next time.another great night and thanks for gail and julian for all the hard work that goes into putting a do on.sorry i had to make a quick getaway but i need my beauty sleep and i hate these 6 o'clock starts.see you all soon and keep the faith!

Hi ya mate, Place just gets better 110% as they say, A note to anyone who as not yet been ? BRILL :thumbsup: its just got that bit of something other clubs miss NOW DAYS , Shame i was a way for the first two, A very well run and attended venue, Takes me back when northern soul meant something to people, ( slang nottm talk) My best bodge

This was our 1st vist to new voice soul club and it wont be the last we arrived at about 8.15 the place was easy to find no problems there thanks bam for the directions the old sat nav been chucked mate will be ringing you again if we ever get lost lol. the night started very slow but the music was pumping out heard a few that i have not heard for a long time i am sorry cant remember the name of the 1st dj but well done mate you really set the standerd for the night .The place began to fill nicely and as you looked around the room it was full of happy smiling faces all enjoying the music and the company of a very freindly crowd edwin / rob smith you were top class both djs kept the floor busy which its all about well done to you both for two great sets . me and sue thank julian and gail for a fantastic night and for making us feel so welcome i really think before long you are going to be looking for a bigger venue becaurse this place is going to go from strength to strength you have got it right just what folks want to here dont change its brilliant and well done to you both .And last but not least spider and the other guy (sorry cant rember names very well) a massive well done to you two you played to the floor and played request and you managed to play 99% of um to i love djs that play request and your use of the mic was brilliant all i can say is well done to you all we went away very happy punters indeed as did every one

magic night

W :shhh: W

What a night we all had at New Voice Soul.....as Dave said it did start off a little slow but then the public just kept steadly coming through the door all night....Fab to see new faces and the reqular's who have supported us from the beginning... thank you!

Marty started the night off with a top set of quailty music which set the standard for the night..Edwin just kept piling them record's on,lol great spot ...Rob Smith awesome spot never fail's to deliver tune after tune....Jay & Mark you two were brill! you know what people like and try your best to get everyone's request in (not mine tho whistling.gif )

Thank you Mandy for the flyer's they are soooo kool!xx

Once again a big thank you to everyone for all your continued support...Gail & Ju xxx

Well what a (yes i will say it) GREAT,GREAT NIGHT.I have only been into northern soul for about 2 years .It was more the motown side i was in to.But after a visit to one of my now regular soul venues (federation/Central) run by them 2 blokes Mall & gaz . I just could not get enough of this music and started to get addicted.And now i have NEW VOICE SOUL to add to my list of must go to events. Gail & Julian i know this is a newish venue but it's quickly becoming a top soul venue thank you for my FIX last night . well done keep it up. My wife say's i'm a miserable sod all week but a happy chappy come the weekend and its all thanx to these brill venues .And to the DJ's well done nice tunes. To finish off Mark & Jay first class friends top class DJ's. The only down side was NO GAZ missed you mate.I am now looking forward to next weekend already.Take care all . MARK

Guest soulfullbabe

Hi Gail and Julian. Heard we missed a brill night and sorry that we couldnt make it :lol: . Well done to you both New Voice Soul is going from strength to strength a great little venue with a warm welcome at the door and a cracking dance floor. Hope to be at the next one for a thoroughly good evening out have missed you both, see you soon Diane and Ian

W :D W

What a night we all had at New Voice Soul.....as Dave said it did start off a little slow but then the public just kept steadly coming through the door all night....Fab to see new faces and the reqular's who have supported us from the beginning... thank you!

Marty started the night off with a top set of quailty music which set the standard for the night..Edwin just kept piling them record's on,lol great spot ...Rob Smith awesome spot never fail's to deliver tune after tune....Jay & Mark you two were brill! you know what people like and try your best to get everyone's request in (not mine tho :lol: )

Once again a big thank you to everyone for all your continued support...Gail & Ju xxx

KAREN AND MY FIRST VISIT WHAT A GOOD NIGHT DJ's PLAYED THE FLOOR WELL EVERYONE MIXING A CREDIT TO YOU BOTH.STARTING A VENUE IS HARD GETTING IT RIGHT IS EVEN HARDER BUT YOU PAIR HAVE IT RIGHT GOOD MUSIC NICE RELAXED ATTMOSPHERE AND MOST OF ALL THE RIGHT CROWD WHO WILL TAKE THIS VENUE TO THE ONE NOT TO BE MISSED WELL DONE WE WILL BE THERE AGAIN AND AGAIN TO SUPPORT YOU CRACKING DO. ANYBODY THATS NOT YET PAYED A VISIT SHOULD PUT IT ON YOUR CALENDER YOU WONT BE DISAPIONTED ALL THE BEST FOR THE FUTURE K.T.F. TREV (DRIVING BEAT SOUL CLUB) NOTTM.

Guest PC MARK

Well done Gail and Julian for yet another night to remember.

Music was spot on from Marty,Edwin,Rob and hopefully the 2 other chaps at the end.

Its like one big family at this venue and with new faces each month its getting bigger and better each time.

I thing everybody is to thank from the promots down to the friendly crowd who all make New Voice what it has now become.

See you all next month

PC Mark.

W :huh: W

Marty started the night off with a top set of quailty music which set the standard for the night..Edwin just kept piling them record's on,lol great spot ...Rob Smith awesome spot never fail's to deliver tune after tune....Jay & Mark you two were brill! you know what people like and try your best to get everyone's request in (not mine tho :unsure: )

Hi Gail & Juian,

Enjoyed my visit to this smashing venue. tunes were good. floor full,all the DJ's delivered,and a good mix of friendly people in,see you soon,

Mall x

Guest charnley

Hi Gail & Juian,

Enjoyed my visit to this smashing venue. tunes were good. floor full,all the DJ's delivered,and a good mix of friendly people in,see you soon,

Mall x

HI ALL, LAST WEEK I WAS PI--ED BUT MEANT EVERY WORD, THIS DOES ONLY GETS BETTER WELL DONE TO ALL INVOLED, ANDY, C

Edited by charnley