Burnley Allnighter

Smashin' ,thanks for having us i right enjoyed me set. Six hours getting there traffic jam Britain at its best, tidy drive back tho' :thumbsup: them that had a dance ta, one dancer is worth ten pats on the back anyday , i'll bang me play list up later, might be a lot later.

Ken

Edited by ken
  • Replies 42
  • Views 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Guest BigPaul

Smashin' ,thanks for having us i right enjoyed me set. Six hours getting there traffic jam Britain at its best, tidy drive back tho' :lol: them that had a dance ta, one dancer is worth ten pats on the back anyday , i'll bang me play list up later, might be a lot later.

Ken

Just got in meself.

Great spot Ken to start of a fantastic night :thumbup:

A fitting tribute to Phils finale :lol:

Wondering if the Russians have pulled the plug on Gas Supplyto the west again :thumbsup:

Just got in meself.

Great spot Ken to start of a fantastic night :thumbup:

A fitting tribute to Phils finale :lol:

Wondering if the Russians have pulled the plug on Gas Supplyto the west again :thumbsup:

Burnley fffffrrrreeeezin' best is they allways run out of ice for me lemonade :lol:

Guest rosemary

Smashin' ,thanks for having us i right enjoyed me set. Six hours getting there traffic jam Britain at its best, tidy drive back tho' :D them that had a dance ta, one dancer is worth ten pats on the back anyday , i'll bang me play list up later, might be a lot later.

Ken

What a night!!!!!!.......... absolutely brilliant music from every DJ :D , dont think I've ever danced so much.

Phil, Sorry we missed some of your last spot at Burnley........

So many great records played, and it showed in a full dancefloor......... my favourite record of the night had to be Robert Tanner....... thank you Mr Dyson for playing such a beautiful record :)

Lovely to see Hazel again, also Penny and Stuart, Barry, Willie, Pat and Richard, Spot and Gail..... loved the tit-bits Spot :lol: ...could you tell :lol: ???? and thank you Gail for letting me borrow the little books on 'donts for wifes' :D ... I'll start reading them tonight for ideas :thumbsup:

Hi Joan and Tony :lol: .....lovely to see you both, sorry Joan I was in no state to chat about my DJ planning :lol: and my secretary Sue was worse laugh.gif

only one complaint Phil..... it was COLD inside but outside it was very mild for the time of year so smoked more than usual :thumbup:

thank you for a brilliant night yet again at Burnley

Rosemary

Guest frenchie

Bloody brilliant. I'm sure everyone there who knew me could tell I was having a night and a half

Good spots by everyone. Thanks Karl for the 100 mile an hour stuff......cannt flippin walk now me knees packed in!!

You stopped smilin yet Rosemary hahaha

Roll on Feb thumbup.gif

Penny

Guest rosemary

Bloody brilliant. I'm sure everyone there who knew me could tell I was having a night and a half

Good spots by everyone. Thanks Karl for the 100 mile an hour stuff......cannt flippin walk now me knees packed in!!

You stopped smilin yet Rosemary hahaha

Roll on Feb thumbup.gif

Penny

no I'm still smiling at what was a brilliant night, and yes my knees are killing me today laugh.gif

hopefully see you both next week????

xxxxx

Smashin' ,thanks for having us i right enjoyed me set. Six hours getting there traffic jam Britain at its best, tidy drive back tho' biggrin.gif them that had a dance ta, one dancer is worth ten pats on the back anyday , i'll bang me play list up later, might be a lot later.

Ken

Well done Kenny.

post-10143-1232202215_thumb.jpg

Smashin' ,thanks for having us i right enjoyed me set. Six hours getting there traffic jam Britain at its best, tidy drive back tho' biggrin.gif them that had a dance ta, one dancer is worth ten pats on the back anyday , i'll bang me play list up later, might be a lot later.

Ken

Good to see you and glad you an your engine intact lad.That san fransisco TKO,s tune awesome.

Burnley fffffrrrreeeezin' best is they allways run out of ice for me lemonade :huh:

Fffffrrrreeeeezin? :huh: run out of ice for your lemonade? :lol:

Wots all that? Ure gettin soft livin darn sarf too long Kenny LOL :P

Sum nice tunage to kick the nite off mate.got the floor stirrin from eary on.

Or was that people just tryin to get warm?? :shhh:

Welldone my mate thumbup.gif

Infact all Djs delivered the ingredients all at the rite time, and all kno the script for the Burnley

feast. Lastnite seemed to excel itself even more so than usual.

Credit to you all, an absolute treat for me having missed the last one( maybe withdrawal) :lol:

Karl top flight with Rudy Lovvvvvvvve! nice one mate (the human jukebox)

Mr Dyson, never put a foot wrong for me,one of the best ive heard him play,for me top man! wink.gif

Ta for flippin Patrinel Statten and Eddy Rey! Blew me away :yes:

And Phil ,f*** me You played out of your skin mate.

A brill set you put your heart and soul into it even more than usual :lol:

Threw it all at us even the kitchen sink :lol:

Sad tho to think,I cant cum up mitherin you anymore for Milton James :( Keith Curtiss also hit the spot ..A real shame,hope you reconsider mate !

In all a brillint nite from the kick off,time flew by didnt want it to end!

Ok numbers wer slightly down on normal,feel sorry for the stalwarts who missed it. sometimes cant be avoided Kev & Wendy Sincere Condolences to you both x

Dave & Stef my Jan and Kaz from Harrogate who lives for it!,Danny Tezza and their luvley ladies,to name but a few,They missed a top drawer nite,! But will all be back to normal hopefully very soon.

Mike Cog

Many thanks to all who helped make it a cracking night. Music was incredible....I was very impressed with Kenny, who played a really well balanced set. Lot's of tunes that I didn't know....

Cliff in particular, played a couple of cover up's that were fantastic, and had me up on stage trying to get a look. :thumbsup: no fookin chance. :g:

As usual, I wanted to dance all night, the music never let up.....pity about the knackered old body, and as usual, I still can't walk. ph34r.gif

Special thanks to all those who stayed to the end to support my last spot...much appreciated.

Next nighter is Friday 20th February.....with guest DJ Pete Fowler.....

Phil.

Eighteen months in, still discovering great venues and nights.

Got here late at 2.30am, knackered already, and really not expecting to enjoy it (nothing like a positive attitude, eh?), too tired.

But the room was cracking - big enough to move about on the floor, small enough to feel you were somewhere intimate and special; a proper dark atmospheric nighter, full of many of the hardcore nighter regulars. Brilliant, gritty uptempo music throughout woke me up good and proper.

For the too short time I was there (it will be a lot longer next time) I really felt like I'd found somewhere else that felt right.

Anyway, thanks to the cool people I'm still getting to know but hung with and chatted to (SS handles where I know 'em: Simon, LittleQueenie, Ted, SoulGrit, Alex, BigPaul, JumpinJoan and fella, Karl, Ken - sorry I missed your set Ken, next time - and everyone else who I chatted to and will be kicking myself for momentarily forgetting after I've posted this); I had a great time, and I wish I'd got there hours earlier.

Quinvy, you may be packing in the DJ lark, but for God's sake don't give up the nighters.

Edited by spirit

Many thanks to all who helped make it a cracking night. Music was incredible....

Special thanks to all those who stayed to the end to support my last spot...much appreciated.

Phil

====================================================================

Yip spot on there Phil brilliant tunes did,nt hear a bad one !!!!

My last spot come on mate if you pack in DJ,in i,ll saw mi yed off scoop out

mi brains and make a spagetti bolonaise stitch mi yed back on and eat it meself :D

Tell me the the last DJ who packed in and did,nt start back DJ,in :D

Its in yer blood mate once you get them dancin you cant get away

your a born entertainer mate just like Scooby Doo :thumbsup:

Didn't get there till late, or was it early, 2am or something stupid like that, but had a fantastic time as always!

Will admit to feeling more that a little emotional when the lights went on. Was all I could do to stop myself shedding a few.

Still can't believe you're really going through with it Phil. :(

Anyway, here's to many more great nights at Burnley - cos nighter's really don't come much better! :thumbup:

Many thanks to all who helped make it a cracking night. Music was incredible....I was very impressed with Kenny, who played a really well balanced set. Lot's of tunes that I didn't know....

Cliff in particular, played a couple of cover up's that were fantastic, and had me up on stage trying to get a look. :thumbup: no fookin chance. :thumbup:

As usual, I wanted to dance all night, the music never let up.....pity about the knackered old body, and as usual, I still can't walk. :(

Phil.

sure i saw you on ebay yesterday afternoon wink.gif and i agree with the thing ian c wrote regarding brains and spagghetti :thumbup:

oh and a big thanks for the records mate :D

Cliff in particular, played a couple of cover up's that were fantastic, and had me up on stage trying to get a look. :thumbup: no fookin chance. :thumbup:

As usual, I wanted to dance all night, the music never let up.....pity about the knackered old body, and as usual, I still can't walk. :(

Phil.

Phil ,seeing as this was your last dj spot ever!!!!!! , how's about doing a play list , just to show all them that have never ever been to burnley ' just what thay have been missing over the last 2/3 years !!! :thumbup:yes.gif .........k

Guest gordon russell

Phil ,seeing as this was your last dj spot ever!!!!!! , how's about doing a play list , just to show all them that have never ever been to burnley ' just what thay have been missing over the last 2/3 years !!! yes.gif:D .........k

really don't agree with playlists....however TOTALLY AGREE WITH KEVS REQUEST.....l have heard so many misconseptions about this great alnighter that always tries 110%,so come on PHIL just this once for old times sake :D:lol::lol::rolleyes:

Oh blimey! I can't remember.....errrr.....ok I'll try.....I posted a load out today..... :lol:

Early spot....I think.....

JAMES CARR - A LOSING GAME

BOBBY ANGELLE - TOO MUCH FOR YOU

STUART AMES - KING FOR A DAY

MOMENTS - YOU SAID

SHIRLEY KAROL - JUST TO MAKE YOU HAPPY

CAROL ANDERSON - TAKING MY MIND OFF LOVE

ANNE PEEBLES - SLIPPED TRIPPED AND FELL IN LOVE

JIMMIE RAYE - PHILLY GOG AROUND THE WORLD

CHARLES LAMONT - GOT TO KEEP MOVING

INVERTS - LOOK OUT LOVE

MASQUADERS - IT'S THE SAME THING

SPIEDELS - DREAM GIRL

IVORYS - PLEASE STAY

GAMBRELLS - YOU GOT TO MOVE

KELLY BROTHERS - CRYING DAYS ARE OVER

CL BLAST - WHAT CAN I DO

WINSTONS - AIN'T NOTHIN' LIKE A LITTLE LOVIN'

BILL CODY - WHEN YOU FIND A FOOL BUMP HIS HEAD

SOUTHWIND SYMPHONY - COMING HOME

VANGUARDS - GOOD TIMES, BAD TIMES

KENNY GAMBLE - AIN'T IT BABY

Late spot -

TY KARIM - YOU REALLY MADE IT GOOD TO ME

CAROL ANDERSON - I'M NOT WORRIED

HONEY & BEES - DYNAMITE EXPLODED

CAMAROS - WE'RE NOT TOO YOUNG

CARESSORS - I CAN'T STAY AWAY

JUDY FREEMAN - HOLD ON

RUFUS WOOD - BEFORE 2001

SANDRA STEVENS C/UP

FLASH McKINLEY - I'LL RESCUE YOU

LITTLE JOHNNY HAMILTON - OH HOW I LOVE YOU

ANTHONY & DELSONICS - EVERYTIME

GERRI HALL - WHO CAN I RUN TO

MILTON JAMES - MY LONELY FEELING

VERNON GARRETT - SHINE IT ON

JOHN WESLEY - LOVE'S SUCH A FUNNY THING

LITTLE DOOLEY - YOU TWINE SO FINE

KENNY GAMBLE - THE JOKES ON YOU

CHICO LAMARR - WHAT DO YOU THINK I AM

KATIE BRIGGS - THE LAST TIME AROUND

DONI BURDICK C/UP

McGEES - SO TIRED

JOE HICKS - I'VE GOT TO BE FREE

JOKERS - SOUL SOUND

21st CENTURY - COMING RIGHT BACK TO YOU

REE FLORES - LOOK INTO MY HEART

SOUL BROTHERS SIX - OH I NEED YOU YES I DO

DISTRICTS - ONE LOVER

HAYES COTTON - I'LL BE WAITING

KEITH CURTIS - I'VE GOT TO KEEP YOU BABY

PEE WEE, SHUCK & HUEY - BESIDE MYSELF

SPEIDELS - DREAM GIRL last record of the night, for the lovely Jenny.

Phew! glad I don't have to do that every month. :P Thanks again for your kind words.

Phil.

Oh blimey! I can't remember.....errrr.....ok I'll try.....I posted a load out today..... :lol:

MOMENTS - YOU SAID

INVERTS - LOOK OUT LOVE

SPIEDELS - DREAM GIRL

IVORYS - PLEASE STAY

CL BLAST - WHAT CAN I DO

Late spot -

JUDY FREEMAN - HOLD ON

RUFUS WOOD - BEFORE 2001

SANDRA STEVENS C/UP

DONI BURDICK C/UP

McGEES - SO TIRED

JOKERS - SOUL SOUND

DISTRICTS - ONE LOVER

Phew! glad I don't have to do that every month. :P Thanks again for your kind words.

Phil.

enough said top stuff :no:

Guest gordon russell

Oh blimey! I can't remember.....errrr.....ok I'll try.....I posted a load out today..... :P

MOMENTS - YOU SAID

INVERTS - LOOK OUT LOVE

SPIEDELS - DREAM GIRL

IVORYS - PLEASE STAY

CL BLAST - WHAT CAN I DO

Late spot -

JUDY FREEMAN - HOLD ON

RUFUS WOOD - BEFORE 2001

SANDRA STEVENS C/UP

DONI BURDICK C/UP

McGEES - SO TIRED

JOKERS - SOUL SOUND

DISTRICTS - ONE LOVER

Phew! glad I don't have to do that every month. :no: Thanks again for your kind words.

Phil.

now thats what l call a play list :lol: ......don't make a habit it of it though lol :P ....7 more dj's just like it!!!!

Guest frenchie

Phil, this might be my last Burnley for a while :lol: , and what a night to remember it, all dj's were superb, from Ken to your last spot, the music was outstanding thumbsup.gif .

Willie

All the best Willie.

See you soon mate

Stu and Penny

Guest rosemary

Cheer's Guy's, very kind of you, I will be at Middleton, i've been told that I should go in for the op in Feb, so I should see some of you there on Saturday night.

Willie

ps, Phil, sorry to hi-jack the thread.

Hi Willie, hope the operation goes ok

take care

love Rosemary and Kyle