Record Sales Web Sites Or Lists

Just wondering what other people preferred with this one. I know web sites are great for searching for that elusive want, but with more and more dealers doing this and listing them alphabetically I find myself missing out on other stuff which I may have long forgotten about. I personally prefer dealers to send me a list of records for sale in probably ££ order. I have bought plenty of records this way based on description and then gone and found an RA and had a listen of it, I find that with the web based sales you either spend hours upon hours going through the records alphabetically or direct to what your searching for

Social source share

• Replies 2
  • Views 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Just wondering what other people preferred with this one.  I know web sites are great for searching for that elusive want, but with more and more dealers doing this and listing them alphabetically I find myself missing out on other stuff which I may have long forgotten about. I personally prefer dealers to send me a list of records for sale in probably ££ order.  I have bought plenty of records this way based on description and then gone and found an RA and had a listen of it, I find that with the web based sales you either spend hours upon hours going through the records alphabetically or direct to what your searching for

link

I prefer to be sent or emailed a list (Pete S, Keith Williams, Chris Anderton, Shifty etc); listed by label is good as that's how I've always filed my records. I don't like it when people highlight the most expensive stuff as some of use are above the hype and don't like being 'told' what must be good because it's expensive! I don't go for the emails saying site updated (Dave Thorley, Manship, Henry Atkinson etc) because I'm lazy and can't be bothered to trawl through every record again to try and find what's new - you're losing sales here boys! And one thing that really pisses me off is when there's a list and there's several titles, Don Garner, Gene Toones, Frank Wilson etc (which they most probably never had) with SOLD at the end of them - if it's sold delete it!! And another thing that get's my goat, are lists that 'cycle' through the same titles over a year to make out that they have stuff for sale, just to be able to put out weekly lists.

Social source share

Guest Andy BB

Would much prefer emailed lists and a website with sound files.

I want it all, and I want it now!

Incidentally if anyone wants to do this I can do them a very good deal (OK a swap for a nice record) on the URL www.soulsingles.co.uk

:shhh:

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert