Mike

• Replies 42
  • Views 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

sick of reading them

from now on any personal attacks or abuse towards any member will be dealt with in a no fuss, no notice manner

dont care who or what was said before

dont agree , then dont post

Mick, ITS ABOUT TIME SOMEBODY LIKE YOURSELF AND SOULSOURCE,STOOD UP N DID THIS.THE BLOODY NUMTIES AV AD THEIR WAY LONG ENUFF.

NOW YOU CAN SEE WHY I JUST LIKE TO GET ON WITH IT,N BOOGIE. WELL DONE M8 K.T.F..KENNY HICKMAN.Alias BURT. :unsure:

Social source share

sick of reading them

from now on any personal attacks or abuse towards any member will be dealt with in a no fuss, no notice manner

we are only allowed to post if we agree with what was said? That is going to lead to some interesting threads! :ohmy:

(Just in case I suddenly disappear from Soul Source sometime soon - its been fun :unsure: )

Social source share

we are only allowed to post if we agree with what was said? That is going to lead to some interesting threads! :ohmy:

(Just in case I suddenly disappear from Soul Source sometime soon - its been fun :unsure: )

where does it say that ??

here are

sick of reading them

Social source share

sick of reading them

Fully agree with the sentiment of this Mike.

No problem with healthy debate but the wave of offensive postings recently have spoiled the 'feelgood factor' that this site has always embodied to me.

Theres enough negative crap around in the world... without having to wade through it on Soul Source.

Lets please go back to havin' just a little respect around here.

And for clarity - unless I'm mistaken - I reckon Mike was saying that if you don't agree with the sentiment and the penalty of post 1 on this thread, then don't post.

:unsure:

Sean

Social source share

Guest Scarborosoul

As I have already said in feedback, I truely believe one certain member has got a hidden agenda AND IT IS WORKING. Mike you and the mods do a great job BUT alot of members are just gonna give up and just not bother anymore. How long beforw you het so jaxcked pff with it you either close the site or hand it to someone else. I for one would hate to see it happen because of one person who has an inate ability to cause mayhem, especially when he knows exactly what he is doing.

Rick

Social source share

i don't think its a case of not agreeing, ''so don't post''. debate is good, and theres always two sides to a story, sometimes three, four or five somedays.

but, when debates turn to threats and abuse, the line as well and truly been crossed, and should not have to be tolerated by anybody.

nobody wants bullies in our society, and certainly not in our down time. :ohmy:

sorry rant over :unsure:

alan

Social source share

I've been on other forums where a similar "toughening up" if you like has been enforced & it ended up really as being the moderators & their "special friends" being allowed to say what they wanted & then everyone else who posted up any sort of dissension quickly got it deleted or even banned when they tried to call the moderators out on it. Just something to look out for. It has to be the same standards for everybody or else it doesn't work.

Social source share

I agree totally Mike - well said thumbsup.gif

There are some on here who seem intent on provocation and stirring it. That needs to be actively discouraged. Those who rise to the provocation and then go too far are equally to blame.

We are all grown ups, and on a public forum people should basically behave themselves :lol:

Those that cross the line, and we all basically know where that line is, should expect something to be done about it :lol:

Most people are on here for enjoyment - so if you can't put up a positive and constructive post and want to get personal and offensive instead, next time please just keep it to yourself :shhh:

KTF all

Richard

Social source share

debate is good, and theres always two sides to a story, sometimes three, four or five somedays.

Or like Billy Paul sang "Theres three sides to every story..........theres the wrong.....theres the right.......and theres the truoooouth"
:shhh:

Oops sorry off topic by miles..................... I'm off to feedback or wherever
whistling.gif:lol:

Cheers Paul

Social source share

I've been on other forums where a similar "toughening up" if you like has been enforced & it ended up really as being the moderators & their "special friends" being allowed to say what they wanted & then everyone else who posted up any sort of dissension quickly got it deleted or even banned when they tried to call the moderators out on it. Just something to look out for. It has to be the same standards for everybody or else it doesn't work.

Do you think Mike would allow this to happen on here!!?? When Mike says "nobody" .. believe me he means "nobody" whether friends or moderators! Can't believe this was even posted on here!!

Social source share

I can't see how this applies to this forum or situation? isn't this a clear case that Mike is saying if you are using the forum for personal attacks, pack it in. Seems entirely reasonable, like Mike i've also been running a soul forum for a long while and we have always had a 'no personal attacks' policy. Asking for a member to desist then suspending their account is sometimes the only way to deal with the equivalent of the loud mouthed offensive irritating drunk in the pub who's spoling everyone else night. Of course the drunk blames the person throwing them out and then abuses the pub in general for not wanting to have him around, but that's because some people can't see further than their own nose.

Best of luck Mike and all, hope it works out ok, and thanks for the time and effort you all put in to the forum.

cheers Sutty

Social source share

As I have already said in feedback, I truely believe one certain member has got a hidden agenda AND IT IS WORKING. Mike you and the mods do a great job BUT alot of members are just gonna give up and just not bother anymore. How long beforw you het so jaxcked pff with it you either close the site or hand it to someone else. I for one would hate to see it happen because of one person who has an inate ability to cause mayhem, especially when he knows exactly what he is doing.

Rick

And I dare to suggest that your comment, coming from one who I personally consider to be one of the leading recent most voluminous noisemakers, is about as unbiased as a smallpox virus's attitude to a vaccination.

I have caused no mayhem, I have had my thread tinkered with, split up, moved away, and still been civil to everyone.

You on the other hand have continued to be vile and abusive to me, without me even hardly replying to you.

Social source share

And I dare to suggest that your comment, coming from one who I personally consider to be one of the leading recent most voluminous noisemakers, is about as unbiased as a smallpox virus's attitude to a vaccination.

I have caused no mayhem, I have had my thread tinkered with, split up, moved away, and still been civil to everyone.

You on the other hand have continued to be vile and abusive to me, without me even hardly replying to you.

For once Ian, I don't think this is all about you. There was some very nasty name calling on a freebasing thread and some of it stems from there I think.

QoFxx

Social source share

For once Ian, I don't think this is all about you. There was some very nasty name calling on a freebasing thread and some of it stems from there I think.

QoFxx

Perhaps, Chrissie, and if it was just that, then I would have stayed out of it, but Scarboroughsoul has been trying to compete with James and Paul in the slag off Levine stakes, and he so so so predictably jumped straight in with both feet.

Social source share

Fully support you Mike

There`s nothing quite like using a computer to make personal attacks on people Simon-Somebody once nearly wrapped a keyboard round my head in anger...Happy days.... :D:lol:

But seriously folks...Healthy Debate? Yes. Friendly banter? Yes. A little fun? Yes. But that`s as far as it goes.

Edited by Stuart Bower
Social source share

No probs. with that at all Mike.

As i have emphasised on here, far far to many times to wish to remember, it's all about personal taste and opinion, with personal being the key word. The forum gives us all a chance to air our opinions, ands that's fantastic, however to try to enforce your opinions onto others, or indeed to question the taste of, and at times the very character, of those who's opinions differ is just not on.

I've spent the last 35+ years on the scene enjoying myself immensley, going about my business, keeping out of the politics(or as i prefer to call it childish bollocks), and loving the music, i would suggest that approach to everyone, but then would i myself come into the catergory of trying to enforce my personal views onto others?

So i'll just say, life's too short, and the music far FAR! too good to marr it with petty bickering, ENJOY!!

PH

Edited by harpo1
Social source share

Guest Leigh J

Fair enough we all have different ideas of whats good and what aint , we should get our point across apreciate others opinions without personal attacks , after all 'we all piss in the same pot '

Social source share

why does he have to start again may be if he just kept to his thread, fueling the fire sprinds to mind

Social source share

why does he have to start again may be if he just kept to his thread, fueling the fire sprinds to mind

Well said Mike. There ain't no smoke without fire and give a person a match and see what happens. WHOOOOF! I heard it's against the law to slag someone off in public in the U.K. now, is that correct?? If so why should they be allowed to do it on a soul friendly forum. As we say down under, SO MUCH SOUL SO LITTLE TIME. Just enjoy it while you can guy's, the list of ' passed away's' gets longer every week. And no i don't take sides, i just enjoy the fantastic scene we have been blessed to be part of. Stay soulful. See you all in April. Tony T BONE. OZ. K.T.F.

Social source share

No probs. with that at all Mike.

As i have emphasised on her, far far to many times to wish to remember, it's all about personal taste and opinion, with personal being the key word. The forum gives us all a chance to air our opinions, ands that's fantastic, however to try to enforce your opinions onto others, or indeed to question the taste of, and at times the very character, of those who's opinions differ is just not on.

I've spent the last 35+ years on the scene enjoying myself immensley, going about my business, keeping out of the politics(or as i prefer to call it childish bollocks), and loving the music, i would suggest that approach to everyone, but then would i myself come into the catergory of trying to enforce my personal views onto others? So i'll just say, life's too short, and the music far FAR! too good to marr it with petty bickering, ENJOY!!

PH

Well said :thumbsup: I've caught myself buying into, and joining in the 'childish bollocks'. There is so much of it - and not only on this particular soul site - that I have found myself over the past couple of months thinking seriously about drawing away from the 'scene' completely and just going back to collecting records for my own enjoyment. A real shame as I had a period away from the scene for personal reasons, only to come back and find the 'politics' dominate every area of, what was for me, the friendliest and most enjoyable music scene to ever exist.

I would agree 100% with Sutty on his earlier comment....

Asking for a member to desist then suspending their account is sometimes the only way to deal with the equivalent of the loud mouthed offensive irritating drunk in the pub who's spoling everyone else night. Of course the drunk blames the person throwing them out and then abuses the pub in general for not wanting to have him around, but that's because some people can't see further than their own nose.

Social source share

Guest Nik Mak

Well said :thumbsup: I've caught myself buying into, and joining in the 'childish bollocks'. There is so much of it - and not only on this particular soul site - that I have found myself over the past couple of months thinking seriously about drawing away from the 'scene' completely and just going back to collecting records for my own enjoyment. A real shame as I had a period away from the scene for personal reasons, only to come back and find the 'politics' dominate every area of, what was for me, the friendliest and most enjoyable music scene to ever exist.

I would agree 100% with Sutty on his earlier comment....

Asking for a member to desist then suspending their account is sometimes the only way to deal with the equivalent of the loud mouthed offensive irritating drunk in the pub who's spoling everyone else night. Of course the drunk blames the person throwing them out and then abuses the pub in general for not wanting to have him around, but that's because some people can't see further than their own nose.

In principal I agree with the sentiments behind this thread, any reasonable person would but it does throw up some other issues that need to be clarified. If a thread or topic is created and allowed to carry on unchecked or unchallenged it will allow certain people to air their views or promote things that (may be) arn't as Kosha as we think. You'll have to bare with me here as I'm trying to explain this without mentioning names etc. As this is now outlawed as it cold be classed as a personal attack! :thumbup: Censorship like this can work against you as well as for you and as long as the mods' are vigilant then there shoudn't be a problem but I've seen people on here sell things that never existed and nothing was done until very late into the thread (By then it was too late!) I've also seen people totally exploit the forum for there own gains by ripping off unsuspecting artists and musicians in a thinly vailed attempt at documenting the 'history' of the scene. Again NOTHING was done or atleast debated to clear the issue up and yet under these new guidlines would anyone be able to atleast critisize the post and put their reservations forward? This guidline is not just a simple thing to impose and needs more debate and much clearer guidlines laid out. :lol:

Social source share

I'm with you Mike, it must be utterly tedious and a waste of time having to monitor and warn people. It's fair enough if it's a spur of the moment thing that gets out of hand and then stops (been in a few!) but when feuds continue for weeks or even months, it's gotta be a total pain, as it is for non involved parties trying to read a thread.

Social source share

I've also seen people totally exploit the forum for there own gains by ripping off unsuspecting artists and musicians in a thinly vailed attempt at documenting the 'history' of the scene.

I shall just have to assume this is not aimed at me, because if it were, all hell would break loose.

Social source share

Guest Scarborosoul

I wrote a whole page about the problem I had with you, I spell checked it reviewed it then lost it, oh well now i cant be bothered to do it again, but i stand by everything I put.

And yes this is a totally pointless post...................

OMG hes threatening again "all hell will break loose" ooooooo scary whats he gonna do send a virus on the net?

Rick

Edited by Scarborosoul
Social source share

I must admit to being, somewhat, on the offensive with Mr. Levine in recent posts, on "HIS", thread. Which is why i Questioned his Motives for being on here.... I can't help think that this (particular thread) has come about at the request of Mr.Levine, cemented by the fact that this seems to be the only other post he has participated in, besides his own.

I do not like bullies, Arguments, ignorance or single mindedness...I can't help but notice, that this seems to have all come about since the arrival of Mr.Levine on this site. And as far as i can tell somebody has been mythered into this by an argumentative, single minded, ignorant bully...so he can have his own way.......Congratulations!

I don't mean to personally attack any individual, if i am now seen to be attacking Mr. Levine, then i apologise and accept any punishment given out by the moderators, so be it. My point to Mr.Levine is perhaps if he joined in with, at least. some of the other posts he may well be accepted more for the person he is, rather than the product he keeps shovving down the throats of the unapreciative...I understand i may well be a minority in that view, yet it is how i feel and thought i had every right to defend the freedom of this site, to be a furom, and not just another avenue of promotion for an individual.

I know there have been some dissagreements on this site, I haven't seen them all, i've seen some, and as an outsider understood the point of view of all parties, and did not get involved.......Now i am putting this post forward, understanding that i have, in some ways attacked an individual, yet i would not have, if i did not feel he threatened the balance of this site as a whole. Furthermore on seeing this thread i, personally, feel that the web of self importance rather than the group, is again being threatened by one individual.

sorry but that's the way i see it......And ,no, i haven't been a member on here very long...Yet i have definately seen a change in mood since the arrival of one certain individual.

Perceptive, Maybe, maybe not. Aggresive, in defence maybe. A bully, far from it. Sick and Tired, yes. Of someone telling me a product is something it clearly isn't after some 20 odd years, and thinking I'd found a sanctuary away from that, yes.

Going to Shut up now, yes. :thumbsup: . (well in a minute laugh.gif )

If i am allowed to continue being a member of this sight, after my little rant, then i will, as i feel i have always tried to do, continue posting messages in answer to posts as positively as i always have tried to do. In SHARING this passion for SOUL music we all have.

I will, from now on, Ignore the one part of this site i do not enjoy, as i was told to do by the person that started it. For venting my frustrations puiblicly in a public "not private" domain. I do not apologise.

Happy New Year...... :shades: . Mike

Social source share

this thread was started to pass on that tightening up the site policy and action towards personal attacks or abusive posts

thanks for all your views

due to some of the replies just like to point out that

a personal attack or abuse as far as site is concerned is not about disagreeing with another member

the house rules has a parargraph that says it better than i ever can

Respect other members

Do not insult or personally attack another member.

You do not have the right to attack someone for having an opinion other than your own.

If someone disagrees with you, they're entitled to provided they do it respectfully

https://www.soul-source.co.uk/soul-article-...rum-house-rules

that's what the original post was all about

understand that members may have other concerns

so ask if do wish to discuss any site related matters then ask do so in the feedback forum

however do feel that untill things move on on the whole issue of abuse/attacks

such discussion be better in a day or two

going to close this thread as it does seem to be moving far away from the original post

thanks

mike

Social source share