Lifeline Real Deal Rare Soul All-nighter

Chalky

After a longer than planned break due to dates being unavailable and just too much on other nights Lifeline is back!! February the 28th 2009 see's the return with the Lifeline team celebrating 5 years of "The Real Deal Rare Soul All-nighter".

To help celebrate 5 soulful years the resident rascals, Butch, Andy Dyson, Mick H, Soul Sam, Cliff Steele and Chalky will be joined by Lifelines very 1st guest 5 years ago "Marco". Joining Marco behind the decks for his first time will be Flanny!!

Along with the residents, Marco and Flanny will be providing the very best 60's soul music, along with the best in 70's and crossover. In short all Dj's playing the very best in the rare, obscure, forgotten and underplayed soul music!!

For any further info contact Andy, Mick or myself. We hope you can join us to celebrate 5 years of what we consider quality soul music!!

THE LIFELINE SOUL CLUB

presents

The Real Deal Rare Soul All-Nighter

5th Anniversary Special

At

The Brookfields Club (The Stables),

Cannock Road, Shareshill, Wolverhampton, WV10 7LZ.

(Directions: Just off the M6 junction 11, A460 towards Wolverhampton then 400 yards on your left).

February 28th 2009.

10.00pm till 7.00am, a tenner gets you in!

Resident rascals are the Countries TOP Rare Soul DJS

Butch, Andy Dyson, Mick H, Cliff Steele, Soul Sam & Chalky

With this month's special guest digging deep into his collection

See's the return of our very first guest

"MARCO"

And making his debut behind the Lifeline decks

"FLANNY"

As for the music, the emphasis will be on the 60's but as usual Lifeline will feature the very best in 70's and crossover. In short all Dj's playing the very best in the rare, obscure, forgotten and underplayed soul music!!

For further information

Andy Dyson @ Dysonsoul@aol.com or telephone 01302 744927

Mick H @ Trentsoul@aol.com or telephone 07968 030464

Chalky @ chalky@mailme.co.uk or telephone 07743 863 523

post-225-1232208844_thumb.jpg

Edited by chalky
  • Replies 136
  • Views 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

After a longer than planned break

Far too long a break......really looking forward to this :shhh: . One of the best nights around and Brookfields 'The Stables' is a fantastic venue..... anyone who hasn't been to the Lifeline nighter since it moved to it's new home needs to get themselves there.

Adam.

PS. Chalky can you save me a sales table please thumbsup.gif

Guest BigPaul

Great stuff, seems an age Chalky :P

No doubt some of the Mansfield Grumpy Old Mens

society will be in attendance :lol:

With of course "Happy go Lucky Me" on hand to change

Dhypers, Go to the bar etc :D

Regards

Paul

Great stuff, seems an age Chalky :)

No doubt some of the Mansfield Grumpy Old Mens

society will be in attendance :thumbsup:

With of course "Happy go Lucky Me" on hand to change

Dhypers, Go to the bar etc :lol:

Regards

Paul

Can i cadge a lift pal?.Promise not to be grumpy or cause a ruckus.

Any stopping off points on the way ie: Services? :thumbup: .

Guest BigPaul

Can i cadge a lift pal?.Promise not to be grumpy or cause a ruckus.

Any stopping off points on the way ie: Services? :unsure: .

Sold me car M8, looks like the train or bus :huh:

Brilliant news that this is back on, its been too long a break.

Fab line-up, think I might bob along especially as its my birthday!

Oh and if Marco plays a set like he did saturday at the 100 club then it will set my night right up. Not heard Flanny dj for quite a while but I am sure it will be top notch as will all the residents.

See you there wink.gif

Guest Mrs Simsy

That Man 'FLANNY' !!! How was Mexico ??? Hope to make it down for this one , and see my Folks into the bargain..they'll be suprised as they reported me missing in 1975 whistling.gif Cptn M

:P:lol:

Hope to make it along to this! :yes:

Guest Ollie Lailey

Hoping to come up from london for this........is there a travel tavern or something nearby? Need a few ZZZ's before heading back to the smoke!

Hoping to come up from london for this........is there a travel tavern or something nearby? Need a few ZZZ's before heading back to the smoke!

I'm not sure hopw far the nearest Travel Lodge etc is but there is one central Wolverhampton a few miles down the road from the venue. The venue is just off junction 11 of the M6 heading into Wolverhampton.

• 2 weeks later...

After a longer than planned break due to dates being unavailable and just too much on other nights Lifeline is back!! February the 28th 2009 see's the return with the Lifeline team celebrating 5 years of "The Real Deal Rare Soul All-nighter".

To help celebrate 5 soulful years the resident rascals, Butch, Andy Dyson, Mick H, Soul Sam, Cliff Steele and Chalky will be joined by Lifelines very 1st guest 5 years ago "Marco". Joining Marco behind the decks for his first time will be Flanny!!

Along with the residents, Marco and Flanny will be providing the very best 60's soul music, along with the best in 70's and crossover. In short all Dj's playing the very best in the rare, obscure, forgotten and underplayed soul music!!

For any further info contact Andy, Mick or myself. We hope you can join us to celebrate 5 years of what we consider quality soul music!!

THE LIFELINE SOUL CLUB

presents

5th Anniversary Special

At

(Directions: Just off the M6 junction 11, A460 towards Wolverhampton then 400 yards on your left).

February 28th 2009.

"MARCO"

"FLANNY"

As for the music, the emphasis will be on the 60's but as usual Lifeline will feature the very best in 70's and crossover. In short all Dj's playing the very best in the rare, obscure, forgotten and underplayed soul music!!

For further information

at last!! been much to long!! so looking forward to this top night!!

rounding up the local posse to help celebrate 5 wonderful years

of the countries leading club!! "lifeline"

max..

Can not wait for this.

Mr Fingers, hide that salesbox if you dont want Shane to end up single!!!! lolol x

Helen x

Don't you worry Helen !! :P I got the PERFECT solution - that enables the pair of you to continue enjoying the fruits of your relationship - AND one that allows Shane to continue increasing his vinyl collection with 45's from my sales box.. :lol::yes:

YOU buy my sales.. !! :D:D

Look forward to seeing you both there. DON'T FORGET YOUR CHEQUEBOOK !! :D

Fingers.. :D

THE LIFELINE SOUL CLUB

presents

5th Anniversary Special

At

February 28th 2009.

"MARCO"

"FLANNY"

For further information

Well up for this, seems an age since I last attended Lifeline.......now it can't arrive soon enough....

well, well, well............

if Billy(I'm a real boy)wizz and Cptn M are going then i might have to persuade the other half :lol: . come to think of it, when has Graham ever needed any persuading to go out for a dance? :g:

hope to see you guys there xx

hi Helen get yourself down there, u will love it,also graham.Billy

THE LIFELINE SOUL CLUB

presents

5th Anniversary Special

At

February 28th 2009.

"MARCO"

"FLANNY"

For further information

OH MY GOD PINCH ME AM I DREAMING ? THIS HAS TO BE THE BIGGEST COMPLIMENT EVER!!!!!!!

TO BE ASKED TO SPIN A FEW BITS IN THE COMPANY OF SUCH ACCLAIMED JOCKS.

I AM COUNTING THE DAYS DOWN AS WE SPEAK.

THANKS TO ALL CONCERNED I FEEL SO PRIVELEGED TO BE A PART OF THE COUNTRYS TOP FORWARD THINKING NITER

AND CAN'T WAIT TO GIVE MY BEST FOR YOU'S GUYS

I AM WALKING ROUND WITH AN INVISIBLE COAT HANGER IN MY MOUTH

CANT STOP SMILING .

LIFE DONT GET BETTER THAN THIS

ROLL ON THE 28TH

FLANNY & DEBS

I THINK YOUR BEING A BIT HUMBLE THERE MATE YOU CAN HOLD YOUR OWN WITH ANY OF THE JOCKS ON THE SCENE,GET OUT THERE AND MAKE EM HAVE IT,GOOD LUCK.....MATTY N JULIE.. :rolleyes:

I THINK YOUR BEING A BIT HUMBLE THERE MATE YOU CAN HOLD YOUR OWN WITH ANY OF THE JOCKS ON THE SCENE,GET OUT THERE AND MAKE EM HAVE IT,GOOD LUCK.....MATTY N JULIE.. :thumbup:

ARR THANKS MATE REALLY APPRECIATE YOUR KIND COMMENTS

YOUR ONE OF THE BEST YOURSELF UNDERATED,,,,, YOU JUST DONT HAVE MY GOOD LOOKS :rolleyes:

WAS GREAT TO CATCH UP AT THORNE LAST WEEK OPE YOU'VE BOOKED YARMOUTH

REGARDS YOUR MATE FLANNY

well, well, well............

if Billy(I'm a real boy)wizz and Cptn M are going then i might have to persuade the other half :shades: . come to think of it, when has Graham ever needed any persuading to go out for a dance? :lol:

hope to see you guys there xx

PULL THE STOPS OUT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! CnC XXXXXXXXXXX :D

THANKS TO ALL CONCERNED I FEEL SO PRIVELEGED TO BE A PART OF THE COUNTRYS TOP FORWARD THINKING NITER

I look forward to ANY Lifeline all nighter - an Anniversary bash being that little bit MORE appealing STILL.. :yes: But - to ALSO have a Turntable talent such the likes of Top Geezer Flanny, TOO.. !! WHAT.. ??

" W-O-W " !! :shades:

Although, for a brief moment, I thought I might have DIED.. and gone TO 'SOUL HEAVEN' :ohmy:

In my book Flanny is one of those few 'Elite' DJ's. He (still) has yet to reach anywhere NEAR his FULL POTENTIAL !! A truly awesome ear for Q-U-A-L-I-T-Y soul music.. AND he possesses that necessary 'SKILL' (??) to ensure continuity throughout his DJ Sets. From the very first beat of his selected 'opening spin' and right through to the final beat of his last opted for 45.

First Class - and has so much respect, from me, for how he applies himself to what he wants to achieve with/from his decking outings. Not afraid to speak out, either, & prepared to stand firm behind his morals & principles. Admiral qualities in an 'every-day' type person alone but also, - for me personally - one of just a tiny few 'DJ Mentor's' I respect very highly (so few even I could count them, quite easily, on ONE HAND.. :D ) & who I pay a lot of attention to. Whether in conversation, or from close observation of their Sets, in the hope I might learn something that helps better my own DJ aspirations & capabilities.

Actually.. I think I'll start to get ready NOW - and maybe head off tomorrow afternoon - to set up camp outside The Stables in an effort to beat (what will probably be) a stampede of Soulie attendees come the day of the event..

Although I'm of the belief that other forward thinking peeps will ALSO make plans, and start to arrive (at least) a couple of days early !! :huh: So.. it's important I make certain of beating them at their own game and ensure my readiness for an 'Early Start' once that opening time arrives on the 28th !!

This particular anniversary 'niter - TRULY - has the potential to be (quite easily) THEE best one yet !! :lol:I Can't Wait .. No point, either, in trying to go to bed and achieve sleep in the interim - as I'm WAY TOO EXCITED :lol::D

Is there any PRIZE for the first attendee through the door ?? :hypo:Can I please have it as vinyl from the collection boxes of either (or both) of the two Resident 'Mr D's..' (Messrs. Dobson & Dyson) :(

Fingers.. :lol:

I look forward to ANY Lifeline all nighter - an Anniversary bash being that little bit MORE appealing STILL.. :(But - to ALSO have a Turntable talent such the likes of Top Geezer Flanny, TOO.. !! WHAT.. ??

" W-O-W " !! :thumbup:

Although, for a brief moment, I thought I might have DIED.. and gone TO 'SOUL HEAVEN' :P

In my book Flanny is one of those few 'Elite' DJ's. He (still) has yet to reach anywhere NEAR his FULL POTENTIAL !! A truly awesome ear for Q-U-A-L-I-T-Y soul music.. AND he possesses that necessary 'SKILL' (??) to ensure continuity throughout his DJ Sets. From the very first beat of his selected 'opening spin' and right through to the final beat of his last opted for 45.

First Class - and has so much respect, from me, for how he applies himself to what he wants to achieve with/from his decking outings. Not afraid to speak out, either, & prepared to stand firm behind his morals & principles. Admiral qualities in an 'every-day' type person alone but also, - for me personally - one of just a tiny few 'DJ Mentor's' I respect very highly (so few even I could count them, quite easily, on ONE HAND.. :lol: ) & who I pay a lot of attention to. Whether in conversation, or from close observation of their Sets, in the hope I might learn something that helps better my own DJ aspirations & capabilities.

Actually.. I think I'll start to get ready NOW - and maybe head off tomorrow afternoon - to set up camp outside The Stables in an effort to beat (what will probably be) a stampede of Soulie attendees come the day of the event..

Although I'm of the belief that other forward thinking peeps will ALSO make plans, and start to arrive (at least) a couple of days early !! :D So.. it's important I make certain of beating them at their own game and ensure my readiness for an 'Early Start' once that opening time arrives on the 28th !!

This particular anniversary 'niter - TRULY - has the potential to be (quite easily) THEE best one yet !! thumbup.gifI Can't Wait .. No point, either, in trying to go to bed and achieve sleep in the interim - as I'm WAY TOO EXCITED :unsure:whistling.gif

Is there any PRIZE for the first attendee through the door ?? :lol:Can I please have it as vinyl from the collection boxes of either (or both) of the two Resident 'Mr D's..' (Messrs. Dobson & Dyson) :lol:

Fingers.. :(

See you there Mr Fingers, can't wait to give ya a BIG HUG!!! :boxing::shades:

I look forward to ANY Lifeline all nighter - an Anniversary bash being that little bit MORE appealing STILL.. :PBut - to ALSO have a Turntable talent such the likes of Top Geezer Flanny, TOO.. !! WHAT.. ??

" W-O-W " !! :thumbup:

Although, for a brief moment, I thought I might have DIED.. and gone TO 'SOUL HEAVEN' :sleep3:

First Class - and has so much respect, from me, for how he applies himself to what he wants to achieve with/from his decking outings. Not afraid to speak out, either, & prepared to stand firm behind his morals & principles. Admiral qualities in an 'every-day' type person alone but also, - for me personally - one of just a tiny few 'DJ Mentor's' I respect very highly (so few even I could count them, quite easily, on ONE HAND.. :D ) & who I pay a lot of attention to. Whether in conversation, or from close observation of their Sets, in the hope I might learn something that helps better my own DJ aspirations & capabilities.

Although I'm of the belief that other forward thinking peeps will ALSO make plans, and start to arrive (at least) a couple of days early !! :huh: So.. it's important I make certain of beating them at their own game and ensure my readiness for an 'Early Start' once that opening time arrives on the 28th !!

This particular anniversary 'niter - TRULY - has the potential to be (quite easily) THEE best one yet !! :ohmy:I Can't Wait .. No point, either, in trying to go to bed and achieve sleep in the interim - as I'm WAY TOO EXCITED :P:thumbsup:

Is there any PRIZE for the first attendee through the door ?? :sleep3:Can I please have it as vinyl from the collection boxes of either (or both) of the two Resident 'Mr D's..' (Messrs. Dobson & Dyson) :sleep3:

Fingers.. :(

By eck lad wish i cud D.j as good as you can type :lol: youv'e made me blush :sleep3: you deffo deserve a prize in vinyl, think ive got a few spark 45.s you can have :D

roll on the 28th

I was going to miss this I've I've booked a flight to go snowboarding. Gutted that Mrs Byrne now can't take the hols.

The plus side is I'm off to Lifeline. Looking forward to seeing that there Marco on the decks.

Few lads who I haven't seen for years going I think - Alan Greaves from Leicester for one.

Here's hoping Dean turns up with the wheels. :unsure:

I was going to miss this I've I've booked a flight to go snowboarding. Gutted that Mrs Byrne now can't take the hols.

The plus side is I'm off to Lifeline. Looking forward to seeing that there Marco on the decks.

Few lads who I haven't seen for years going I think - Alan Greaves from Leicester for one.

Here's hoping Dean turns up with the wheels. :cheese1:

BBBBBBBB Byrney... Are we going for a car full of frolics as i wanna see photos od dean skiing in the snow. :D