Dundee Northern Soul Club

8th Anniversary

Queens Hotel

Nethergate

Dundee

Friday 20th March

8pm to 1am

£5 OTD

Guest Dj's - Keith Money & Andy Whitmore.

Really lookin forward to this John, last one was the best soul night I have attended in a long time, line up for this one is the dogs b*******, really looking forward to hearing Mr MacWhitmore and our own celeb Keith Money, roll on March.

To anyone who has never ventured this far up NORTH, give it a go, you wont regret it, great venue with accommodation and the best in rare soul you could hope to hear, coated with some of the nicest, friendliest people on the scene......... What you waiting for......... Not to be missed. :unsure:

Philly

Guest 45s and 33s

We are in a different room this time round - the larger Victoria Suite which is accessible from the rear car park of the Queens Hotel. Car drivers will need to get a key code from any member of staff to exit the car park at the end of the night.

Ali

Guest outonthefloor

Hi guys

Had a word with Melv at the triple birthday bash in Letchworth Friday nite and it looks like we will be coming up from Sunny Southend on sea, Essex for this one, looking at flights as we speak. Keith Money is one of my favourites and It will be great to spend some time with our Scottish Mate. Hope this trip comes off we're really looking forward to it.

Hey! will we get 'furthest travelled'?

Helen

xxx

This will be a cracking night as the guys who run it have great records and good taste which is always the best combination.

For anybody in Scotland who hasn't heard Andy Whitmore play you are in for a real treat as he is definitely one of the U.K.s premier D.J.s and it,s great that he is going to appear in March.

I have heard Andy numerous times on my travels and you are going to hear some very tasty tunes from our adopted Scotsman.

The room downstairs which will be used this time is perfect for a soul night as it is just the right size to have a dance and a small sherry or two.

Just off to hunt down a rare Bay City Roller record that Ritchie Conn has covered up as "Gasher and the 3 Sheepmen" on the rare Eckerscake label!!!!

Helen you will be the furthest travelled unless we get a visit from our European friends.

See you in March. Be early as this will be packed.

Keith

Attending dundee soul club for nearly 6 years and can honestly say never had a bad night as usual looking forward to this one never heard andy whitmore dj so in for a real treat along side keith money this is going to be special

p.s Jorg (record shack)from vienna Austria asked me to send his hellos to you Alan met him at the weekend said he met you before etc etc

Guest dundeedavie

Attending dundee soul club for nearly 6 years and can honestly say never had a bad night

you must have missed the 2 nights i played then hahahah

you must have missed the 2 nights i played then hahahah

Had a good night at basics last year mate , im more on the modern side of things myself but it was nice to hear some good r&b , mod, and im sure one of the djs played some doo wop that night

Soulfully Kieran

lookin forward to this :g: known Andy for many years and can honestly say hes got great taste and some fantastic tunes, (Susanne and him just needs to change there football team :ohmy: ) with Keith Money, the local guys too and a great new venue this has the makings of a top night really cant recomend this highly enough

Harry

well i suppose i could come down ...making a wekend of it lolol

As Davie says why not make a weekend of it, catch Keith Money & Andy Whitmore at Dundee on the Friday then onto Basics in Edinburgh on Saturday night where you can catch Jock O'Connor. Three of the best Dj's in one weekend :thumbsup:

soulmac.

• 1 month later...

Less than a month to go in the missus bad books rearranged flights to Ireland for the saturday 21st mar instead of friday :( it was that or she goes herself not missing this ,im sure john ali and alan have been digging out some soulful gems for our delight :D seems like an age since the last dundee night counting the days

Soulfully Kieran

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys

Had a word with Melv at the triple birthday bash in Letchworth Friday nite and it looks like we will be coming up from Sunny Southend on sea, Essex for this one, looking at flights as we speak. Keith Money is one of my favourites and It will be great to spend some time with our Scottish Mate. Hope this trip comes off we're really looking forward to it.

Hey! will we get 'furthest travelled'?

Helen

xxx

I hope you'll be booking flights to Watford the following week for fellow Scot, Colin Law, who's our guest at the first night of 'Up the Junction', Watford Irish Centre! I agree, Keith is a top bloke and he was the first guest DJ at Caledoniasoul when we launched the club in Glasgow in 2001. But how come he (and Sandra) looks younger every time I see him and I keep getting older? Must be the water in Broughty Ferry.

Martin :-)

I've just finished copying all the free CD's, hopefully there's a little something for everyone on it as we try to keep it varied.

only 1 sleep until Prestatyn then 4 sleeps to recover before our night, think I'll be knackered next week end.

Look out for the Dundee crew in north Wales this weekend, we are commonly found lurking around the bars, that's the beer and the records. thumbup.gif

cheers

alan

I hope you'll be booking flights to Watford the following week for fellow Scot, Colin Law, who's our guest at the first night of 'Up the Junction', Watford Irish Centre! I agree, Keith is a top bloke and he was the first guest DJ at Caledoniasoul when we launched the club in Glasgow in 2001. But how come he (and Sandra) looks younger every time I see him and I keep getting older? Must be the water in Broughty Ferry.

Martin :-)

You might be right Martin, the water here is lovely, much better than the bottled stuff, I am 98 this year....lol

We also have the Geordies joining us and some Londoners...... really looking forward to this night, its gonna be goooooood.

Philly

Guest 45s and 33s

only 1 sleep until Prestatyn then 4 sleeps to recover before our night, think I'll be knackered next week end.

Enjoy Prestatyn lads and happy record hunting. If you see a copy of Linda & The Pretenders for tenner gizza shout laugh.gif:D:shades: .

Just finished listening to the CD and there really is something for most folks.

Ali

I've just finished copying all the free CD's, hopefully there's a little something for everyone on it as we try to keep it varied.

cheers

alan

A few peeps have asked me to keep back a cd for them :P

The only way to get one is to be early :lol: and listen to the twat playing the early doors spot tumbleweed3.gif:)

soulmac.

LOOKS LIKE A BUSY NIGHT.

WENT TO BOOK QUEENS HOTEL,ONLY A SINGLE LEFT angry.gif .

GOT ROOM IN PREMIER INN CLOSE BY THO thumbsup.gif .

LOOKING FORWARD TO THIS,ASLONG AS THE MUSIC IS AS GOOD AS THE LAST SPIDERS WEB WITH WESTON & COLIN LAW.

I KNOW IT WILL BE,LOL.

SEE YOUS FRI GUYS.

IF MAKE IT OK,GETTING LIFT FAE ERNIE ANDREWS.HE MITE FALL ASLEEP AGAIN :thumbsup: .

LOOKS LIKE A BUSY NIGHT.

WENT TO BOOK QUEENS HOTEL,ONLY A SINGLE LEFT :( .

GOT ROOM IN PREMIER INN CLOSE BY THO thumbsup.gif .

LOOKING FORWARD TO THIS,ASLONG AS THE MUSIC IS AS GOOD AS THE LAST SPIDERS WEB WITH WESTON & COLIN LAW.

I KNOW IT WILL BE,LOL.

SEE YOUS FRI GUYS.

IF MAKE IT OK,GETTING LIFT FAE ERNIE ANDREWS.HE MITE FALL ASLEEP AGAIN :thumbsup: .

:lol:

Steve

Keith's got a couple of new tunes he played out at Prestatyn, you're in for a treat.

The supporting cast (residents) picked up a bundle of new tunes at the weekender, Doo Wop rolleyes.gif to Funk :D and everything in between.

I think one of the residents (not me) :D is going to have to remortgage to pay his record bill.

soulmac.

HAVE A GREAT NIGHT GUYS ...SORRY I CANT MAKE IT BUT

SOME OF US HAVE TO WORK FOR A LIVING.

REGARDS GASHER

When did you ever work - you spend all your working day on here Hah ha :thumbsup:

Cant wait for this and yes if you snooze you lose - Im sure someone going to make some funny comment to me when I get there!

Just cant wait for this at all!

Its Five to Five - Its Friday - and its Crackerjack! then its off to Dundee for a fab night!

Anyone got a pencil for me! b- Im feckin mad you know biggrin.gif

Guest 45s and 33s

Love a bit of uptempo doo-wop, may throw some into the mix on Friday. :lol:

Mr Ecklescake - as promised, I will have something for you.

Ali

Guest dundeedavie

Davie

Who says its uptempo :lol:

soulmac.

i was thinking about the rest of your crowd , personally i'd be as happy as a pig in shit :D :D

you can leave the funk at home though , horrible stuff

Edited by dundeedavie
Guest dundeedavie

Maybe should have said funky soul and not funk, whatever Davie you're now in for a double dose :rolleyes::wave:

soulmac.

That's not a problem cos if you're at basics on Saturday I'll get my own back hahaha

GUTTED, I can't make it up to this as I have been roped into a gig for the radio station. Oh well will just have to listen to you all telling me what a fantastic night I missed AAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRGGGGHHHHH

HAVE A BELTER OF A NIGHT. BEST OF LUCK

best regards FRASER (just joined the twat brigade) Sorry.

ANYONE ABLE TO MAKE THIS GIG ----- DON'T MISS IT!!!!!!!

GUTTED, I can't make it up to this as I have been roped into a gig for the radio station. Oh well will just have to listen to you all telling me what a fantastic night I missed AAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRGGGGHHHHH

Thats a shame Fraser....... you will be sorely missed, never mind sure the guys will save you a CD.

pity you cant make it big man,i wont rub it in.

do your show live from THE QUEENS HOTEL, biggrin.gif .