In The Groove Southport

Just wanted to thank everybody who attended last night, specially the lads from Wolerhampton and couple from United Sounds Of Soul. Also not forgetting our loyal regulars, Tony & Ann, Andy G, Tony & Lisa, Chrissie & Dave and the rest, too many to mention them all.

A very special thanks to Kev Bodley and the other dj's, Jimmy and Andy,

Sorry to say it was one of them nights when things just went wrong, fuse blowing on power lead to amp, mic playing up, numbers well down, but after all this people maintained that they enjoyed the night. :unsure: Thanks ....Paul & Denise

Edited by steptoe
  • Replies 11
  • Views 845
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

just wanted to thank every body who atendid last night especialy the lads from wolerhampton and couple from united sounds of soul not forgeting our loyal regulers tony&ann andy tony &lisa chrisi& dave and the rest too many to mention them all , a very special thanks to kev bodley and the other dj's jimmy and andy ,

sorry to say it was one of them nights when things just went wrong ' fuse blowing on power lead to amp, mic playing up ,numbers well down , but after all this people maintained they enjoyed the night ' :unsure: thanks ....paul & denise

Numbers may have been down, but a lot of quality music played last night. Nice to meet Kev ( who played a blinding set )and the other lads from Wolverhampton. all in all another good night. Keep at it mate.

See you soon.

Andy.

Guest roger H

Just like to say the lads from wolverhampton had a great time at southport, the music was sound and the people were friendly, a great night was had by all. and thanks for your hospitality Paul, keep up the great work.

This event has good music and great people support if you can

Guest the pard

This is a great little venue go and give it a try .thanks to paul for making the wolves lads welcome again well done bod good set other djs on form thanks to the guy who gave me the cd, see you all at the next one !!

Edited by the pard

Hi Paul,

Thanks for the invitation to come up to Southport. All of us from the Midlands had a great time. You made us all very welcome.

Just in case you haven't been, the venue is excellent. Good size wooden dance floor, loads of seating area and friendly bar staff.

The regulars are a really friendly bunch and know how to have a good time. They seemed to enjoy a mix of long forgotten 60's and 70's tunes with the odd obscurity thrown in (most of the records I own are ODD!).

Across the night, I heard both familiar tunes and a number that were "new to me".

Paul, you really worked hard to make it a success and it was appreciated.

Nice to see Kev and Sharon from United Sounds Of Soul there. Note to "the Pard" - they gave you CD.

See you again soon

Best wishes

Kev Bod.

Thanks Kev, I really appreciated you and the rest of the Wolvo lads coming all that way. I have said many times to Shorny how much I like you all,

When I first started the club we had 110 in, but like so many clubs the numbers kept falling. As I mentioned in my little rant on the night,we are on the coast here miles away from the nearist town so you would expect local suport a handfull of the locals are really good and try and come to most of the nights but what really gets me down is I could have counted at least 30 local so called 'soulies' that just dont come Some have never even been once. needles to say most of our suport is from folks that travel a fair distance . so to those people thanks again for your continued suport you lovely people , denice & paul

Edited by steptoe

DON'T GET DISHEARTENED PAUL. WE ALL HAD A GREAT NIGHT.

NOTHING SPOILT THE NIGHT FOR ME. EXCELLENT MUSIC WAS PLAYED WITH QUITE A LOT I HADN'T HEARD BEFORE. THE PEOPLE WHO WERE IN WERE 'THE BEST' AND AS FOR THE SLIGHT HICCUP, WELL, IT COULD HAPPEN ANYWHERE.

IT'S A GREAT VENUE AND WOULD ENCOURAGE ANYBODY TO COME TO THE NEXT ONE.

ALL I CAN SAY PAUL AND DENISE IS, WELL DONE, KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK. thumbup.gif

ANN (BB) :P xx

Particular thanks to Paul for the heads up on the non appearance of one of his named DJ's, at very short notice, on Friday night.

I was en route back from London to see the old boy in action but Paul managed to get the message out at around 6.30 which is really appreciated. Not many "promoters" would have bothered to do that.

Cost you a tenner in door takings mate from me an' she and am sure the bar traffic suffered accordingly but much appreciated mate and glad it went well.

yello

ps you are spot on in your comments re the Southport soul fraternity....

Guest bury masonic

Just wanted to thank everybody who attended last night, specially the lads from Wolerhampton and couple from United Sounds Of Soul. Also not forgetting our loyal regulars, Tony & Ann, Andy G, Tony & Lisa, Chrissie & Dave and the rest, too many to mention them all.

A very special thanks to Kev Bodley and the other dj's, Jimmy and Andy,

Sorry to say it was one of them nights when things just went wrong, fuse blowing on power lead to amp, mic playing up, numbers well down, but after all this people maintained that they enjoyed the night. :ohmy: Thanks ....Paul & Denise

Hi paul great nite on friday really enjoyed it ,great tunes played by all djs

Dont worry about the southport crowd its them who are missing out,there loss!!!!!!

We have the same trouble at Bury,they dont know wot they are missing!!!,and yes it does p--s you off!!!

Keep up the good work mate,nice to see you on Sunday,hope you enjoyed it!!!! :lol:

Dereck + Sheila (Bury Masonic) :thumbup:

Particular thanks to Paul for the heads up on the non appearance of one of his named DJ's, at very short notice, on Friday night.

I was en route back from London to see the old boy in action but Paul managed to get the message out at around 6.30 which is really appreciated. Not many "promoters" would have bothered to do that.

Cost you a tenner in door takings mate from me an' she and am sure the bar traffic suffered accordingly but much appreciated mate and glad it went well.

yello

ps you are spot on in your comments re the Southport soul fraternity....

bar traffic didant suffer at all dave as a result of larry not being on , as kev bodley and the wolverhmpton lads came up in numbers mate !!!!!

Hi paul great nite on friday really enjoyed it ,great tunes played by all djs

Dont worry about the southport crowd its them who are missing out,there loss!!!!!!

We have the same trouble at Bury,they dont know wot they are missing!!!,and yes it does p--s you off!!!

Keep up the good work mate,nice to see you on Sunday,hope you enjoyed it!!!! :lol:

Dereck + Sheila (Bury Masonic) :thumbup:

thanks dereck &sheila, i didant realise how far bury is mate until sunday its not just round the corner is it' so its only right that i include you in the special thanks for those that have travelled a fair distance, regarding sunday afternoon i had a realy good time and was worth the trip some good tunes played in a nice chilled out atmosphere :ohmy: i will be coming again next time ,