Ernie Johnson-i Cant Stop The Pain-artco

arnie j

hi all, just been listening to this, on cd of course !, one of the best tunes ive ever heard, i no this is shit rare but who discovered this ? where wasit found ? who played it out first, how much is it worth etc, any info appreciated on this beautiful piece of soul music

cheers

jason

Social source share

• Replies 7
  • Views 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

hi all, just been listening to this, on cd of course !, one of the best tunes ive ever heard, i no this is shit rare but who discovered this ? where wasit found ? who played it out first, how much is it worth etc, any info appreciated on this beautiful piece of soul music

cheers

jason

Dave Godin rave - of course - but I think it was first played out by Yorkshire's own John Britton who sold it to Soul Sam at Soul Essence - Yarmouth... and the rest is history

Sean

Social source share

cheers

jason

Hi Jason

You certainly have good taste. I first came across it through Soul Sam playing it and like you I have to make do with the superb lost friends cd (for now). wink.gif I was playing it this morning. John Manship had one up for auction a few months ago and I had to leave the bidding at £600

as that was my limit at the time but it sold for just over £900. Quite a hard one to find I think but an absolutely fantastic slice of mid tempo soul. Not sure what would be on the flip as I've never owned a copy.

Regards

Kev

Social source share

Hi Jason

You certainly have good taste. I first came across it through Soul Sam playing it and like you I have to make do with the superb lost friends cd (for now). wink.gif I was playing it this morning. John Manship had one up for auction a few months ago and I had to leave the bidding at £600

as that was my limit at the time but it sold for just over £900. Quite a hard one to find I think but an absolutely fantastic slice of mid tempo soul. Not sure what would be on the flip as I've never owned a copy.

Regards

Kev

thanks for the info guys, this tune really does episise what soul means to me by the feelings it envokes inside of me when i hear it, it really is one of the finest recordings of soul music i have ever heard, could anyone put up a sound file for those that dont know it please ?

Social source share

Guest Johnny Mack

This has arguably got to be one of the greatest double sided soul 45's of all time.

The flip side "These very tender moments" is IMO the better side, but at a slower pace. An incredible piece of soul music soon to be re-released on 45 by Ever-Soul. Its worth noting that "very tender moments" was also released by Dee Clark on Columbia "In these very tender moments" and Qunestine (Quincy) Strong on Raina as "Very Tender Moments" in 1973.

Take care

John

cheers

jason

Social source share

thanks for the info guys, this tune really does episise what soul means to me by the feelings it envokes inside of me when i hear it, it really is one of the finest recordings of soul music i have ever heard, could anyone put up a sound file for those that dont know it please ?

anybody post a soundfile pretty please ?

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!