Awsome&bangin Nite At The Grosvenor

Guest RICTIC

:D HI SOULIES WOT CAN I SAY ABOUT LAST NITE ,IT WAS A PACKER ,AWSOME NITE ,WHEN I GOT THERE ABOUT 9-ISH ROB RES DJ WAS ON .HE HAD THE FLOOR ROCKIN WITH SOME CLUB CLASSICS ,THEN DAVE NITE NURSE CAME ON FROM EAST KIRBY SOUL CLUB HE PLAYED SOME UPTEMPO & MIDTEMPO STORMERS AND KEPTED THE DANCE FLOOR ROCKIN. I WAS ON NEXT PLAYED SOME UNDERPLAYED & FOREGOTTEN GEMS AND THE DANCE FLOOR WAS STILL PACKED .AFTER ME THERE WAS MARKIE MOLE [TOP BLOKE] FROM LEICESTER, PLAYED SOME TOP TUNES AND KEPT THE DANCE FLOOR ROCKIN ,THEN LAST OFF ME & ROB DID BACK TO BACK TO END THE NITE ,IT WAS AN ATMOSPHERIC BROW WIPEIN DANCIN NITE OF NORTHERN SOUL,I WOULD JUST LIKE TO SAY THANK YOU TO EVERY ONE WHO CAME IT WAS A BANGIN NITE ,SEE YOU NEXT TIME

KTF ROB ,MARK & GRAY SEE YOU SOON :lol:

• Replies 17
  • Views 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

:lol: HI SOULIES WOT CAN I SAY ABOUT LAST NITE ,IT WAS A PACKER ,AWSOME NITE ,WHEN I GOT THERE ABOUT 9-ISH ROB RES DJ WAS ON .HE HAD THE FLOOR ROCKIN WITH SOME CLUB CLASSICS ,THEN DAVE NITE NURSE CAME ON FROM EAST KIRBY SOUL CLUB HE PLAYED SOME UPTEMPO & MIDTEMPO STORMERS AND KEPTED THE DANCE FLOOR ROCKIN. I WAS ON NEXT PLAYED SOME UNDERPLAYED & FOREGOTTEN GEMS AND THE DANCE FLOOR WAS STILL PACKED .AFTER ME THERE WAS MARKIE MOLE [TOP BLOKE] FROM LEICESTER, PLAYED SOME TOP TUNES AND KEPT THE DANCE FLOOR ROCKIN ,THEN LAST OFF ME & ROB DID BACK TO BACK TO END THE NITE ,IT WAS AN ATMOSPHERIC BROW WIPEIN DANCIN NITE OF NORTHERN SOUL,I WOULD JUST LIKE TO SAY THANK YOU TO EVERY ONE WHO CAME IT WAS A BANGIN NITE ,SEE YOU NEXT TIME

KTF ROB ,MARK & GRAY SEE YOU SOON :thumbsup:

it certainly was :thumbup::)

had a family do last night which was a shame as i really fancied this.will be there next time with a few more usual suspects from nottingham.might need directions as i never leave nottingham(so ive been told,and at the moment there are many a good night to be had in this fair town!)see you soon spider(or jay to his friends-if i had any)

1ST OFF ALL I JUST WANT TO THANK MARK AND ROB FOR INVITEING ME DOWN TO PLAY .

YES IT WAS A PACKER AND I GOT TO ADDMIT I WAS SHAKIN ON THAT STAGE WHAT A CROWD DANCE FLOOR WAS PACKED ALL NIGHT I HAVE NEVER SHOOK SO BAD BEFORE MAY BE IT WAS BECAURSE I WAS INTORDUCED AS THE NICE NURSE THANKS ROB :) BUT IT WAS A PLEASURE TO DJ THERE AND HOPE TO RETURN AT A LATER DATE CAN I JUST SAY TO THE OTHER DJS MARKY MOLE ROB AND GRAHAM YOU LOT DID THE PLACE PROUD AWESOME SPOTS FROM YOU GUYS IT WAS A PRIVLAGE TO BE ON WITH YOU GUYS . AND WE HOPE TO SEE SOME OF YOU AT EAST KIRKBY ON THE 6TH FEB . ONCE AGAIN THANK TO LIZ MARK AND ROB FOR HAVIN ME :thumbsup::lol::thumbup:

there is no doubt that this is one of "the" places to go, :thumbsup: .... superb good size dance floor, plenty of seating /standing room, air conditioning and with a great sound system pumping out top sounds all nite to suit the dance floor reaction, the Dj's know the way to please the paying public and they deliver for sure,

well done all the dj's last nite...looking forward to next month and the all dayer to come...brilliant ! :lol:

pete n' susan xx

Guest vinylmaniac

OUR WOMAN SAID IT WAS BRILL yes.gif & PACKED,(SHE LIKES OLDIES) :shades: THATS WHY SHE'S STUCK WITH ME. :thumbsup: .I WILL GIVE IT A VISIT WHEN THEY GET THE CROSSOVER ROOM UP & RUNNING.Ta Ray

OUR WOMAN SAID IT WAS BRILL yes.gif & PACKED,(SHE LIKES OLDIES) :shades: THATS WHY SHE'S STUCK WITH ME. :thumbsup: .I WILL GIVE IT A VISIT WHEN THEY GET THE CROSSOVER ROOM UP & RUNNING.Ta Ray

your woman was spot on ray.....

just goes to prove women are always right lol.... :lol:

another great nite and always worth the drive.

lovely to see rob and mark again .xxxx(and of course to the ladys on the door)

(ps mark thankyou for the drinks ......your nearly.....NEARLY forgiven :thumbup: )lol xxxxxxxx

hello rob,,mark and ladies,got to go with the rest of the crowd,that was the best night i,ve been to since we,ve been comin,all the djs played great spots,although i,ve got to go with the last hour,the tempo got electric,could,nt give it my all,,got a torn ligo in my left leg those who were wondering why i dropped off the floor work,but hey what a hell of a night,thanks rob ,mark,keep up the good nights.carl and the east mids soul crew.ktf :thumbsup:

Guest vinylmaniac

your woman was spot on ray.....

just goes to prove women are always right lol.... :D

another great nite and always worth the drive.

lovely to see rob and mark again .xxxx(and of course to the ladys on the door)

(ps mark thankyou for the drinks ......your nearly.....NEARLY forgiven :P )lol xxxxxxxx

No ,it's that I am always wrong :D:huh: .Except when I'm alone? :lol: . Ta Ray

Guest quickstep
biggrin.gif must say best night wife and i have had for many a long time djs played for the crowd and kept the dance floor crowded nearly alnight from stompers- tamla great place for a night of soul best dance floor ive danced on for many a year it was bluzzing TX TO THE PROMOTERS

hello rob,,mark and ladies,got to go with the rest of the crowd,that was the best night i,ve been to since we,ve been comin,all the djs played great spots,although i,ve got to go with the last hour,the tempo got electric,could,nt give it my all,,got a torn ligo in my left leg those who were wondering why i dropped off the floor work,but hey what a hell of a night,thanks rob ,mark,keep up the good nights.carl and the east mids soul crew.ktf :thumbsup:

Ah Carl ya just wanted me to rub yer thigh with me horse linament wink.gif:hypo:

Brill nite though guys,was a bit not on this planet this morning and had to go back to bed laugh.gif , it must have been the becks that was on offer that did it.

Masses there, me thinks that very soon you are gonna have to open that 2nd room just to add the cherry on the cake.

Some nice tunes played last night gentlemen. So not going to single anyone djay out you all played belters, I love the atmosphere at this venue, it just gets better and better.

Those who wrote down their addys for tickets for soul for heroes I have passed these onto the promotor for you.

Nice to see the crew from wigan again and great to finally meet Debbie at last.

Heres to the next one.

Dawn xx

ps Kez Did I leave me calender in your car??? lol can't remember coming home at all :g: xxx

Guest SoulSceneRob

WOW, what a night... :D We are so gratefull to all of you for braving the horrible weather to get to us. We hope it was worth the trouble? We enjoyed the whole night as well as you did. :thumbup: It was awesome to see all the people turn up to support us and we couldn't do it without you. Not to worry Carl mate, we know why you didnt do as much floor work as you normaly do. Were just chuffed to bits you and the Soul Crew came. (thanks for that) :( We would also like to say thankx to ALL the Dj's for keeping the floor full ALL night. (In order of sets) Steve, Myself, Night Nurse, Graham and Marky Mole, (even Nice Nurse) Sorry bout that Dave. :thumbup: Still it got a laugh. :thumbup: It was great to finaly get you there, and im sure you will get over the shaking. yes.gif We are looking forward to the next one allready and hope to see you all at Kingsway on the 31st. Also looking forward to the Grosvenor all dayer in aid of action for hero's.

Once again thank you to ALL the people who came and we can't wait to see you all in FEB.

KTF

Rob 'N' Mark

Masses there, me thinks that very soon you are gonna have to open that 2nd room just to add the cherry on the cake.

Some nice tunes played last night gentlemen. So not going to single anyone djay out you all played belters, I love the atmosphere at this venue, it just gets better and better.

Those who wrote down their addys for tickets for soul for heroes I have passed these onto the promotor for you.

Nice to see the crew from wigan again and great to finally meet Debbie at last.

Heres to the next one.

Dawn xx

I will pass your kind words on Dawn. We both had a cracking night again, thanks to Pete n Susan for keeping us entertained ( and bigging up my dance skills :thumbup: ).

some great tunes were indeed played. anyone got info for the all dayer planned?

I will pass your kind words on Dawn. We both had a cracking night again, thanks to Pete n Susan for keeping us entertained ( and bigging up my dance skills :lol: ).

some great tunes were indeed played. anyone got info for the all dayer planned?

if you click on the link under where it says about the aldayer on my post it will take you straight there.

hello rob,,mark and ladies,got to go with the rest of the crowd,that was the best night i,ve been to since we,ve been comin,all the djs played great spots,although i,ve got to go with the last hour,the tempo got electric,could,nt give it my all,,got a torn ligo in my left leg those who were wondering why i dropped off the floor work,but hey what a hell of a night,thanks rob ,mark,keep up the good nights.carl and the east mids soul crew.ktf :lol:

you will be back doin the floor work soon Carl... just don't rush it.... injurys take time and then some more, :lol: ... take care mate !

pete n' susan xxxx

Guest kev such

We drove up in the rain to support me old mate Marky Mole. Got there nice and early, straight to the bar (very cheap indead) got the drinks, and a pork and stuffing roll (apple sauce'd be nice in it too, i'd pay extra). Anyway over to a table, looked at the flyers and went for a dance. Place was well full when we got there, 8.30pm.

For my tastes good tunage all the way, mainly oldies and Northern, except ( if im honest) the Motown wasnt really my cup of tea, a bit generic for my tastes, but thats maybe just me. Mark did say that they are going to open a seperate Motown and a seperate Modern room in April i think it was, so that'll sort that out, well for me anyway.

Mr Mole played a blinder of a set, Thanks for spinning Garnett Mimms mate, even if there was only 3 or 4 of us out of 200+ people dancing to it.

Was good to meet and chat with Sister Dawn whilst throwing paper aeroplanes in the rain, good times.

All in all a good night, very friendly and well worth the trip and entry fee.

Definately had legs like iron bars on Sunday morning.

Got home about 3am as the M1 was shut on our way home as a few bridges were being knocked down, flashbacks of time served in RE, good times.

Thanks for driving us and Sharon up Bev, sorry about the cheese roll on the back seat.

Regards

Kev (dont do modern) Such and Karen.

Cream Cracker Soul Club, 21st March. 7.30 till 1am (but looks like we have got the go ahead to go on to 2am from March). DJs Johnny Red Pants, Dr Pickles,Mark D,Molly,Martin Stanford. 30 Minute punter spot Alan Leighton.

Edited by kev such
Guest SoulSceneRob

Hello everyone,

We would again just like to thank everyone who attended the Grosvenor last week. I have had such GREAT feedback from you all I thought it was only fair to again thank you for all the effort some of you went to getting to us in such nasty weather, and some are asking how many we had in last time. We had over 200 in the venue and it was banging :lol: We hope to see you all NEXT time in Feb. Once again thank you ALL for your support.

Keeping the faith ALWAYS!.....

Rob 'N' Mark :):lol::rolleyes: