E Bay Blues

Sjclement

I knew it would happen one day, I've been buying (and selling) on e bay for 3 years and I've never had cause to leave anyone bad feedback.

I bought two records before Christmas, Sensations and Bud Harper, They've not arrived yet and I've contacted the seller through e bay and also by e mail several times and not had an answer. The sellers feedback has gone "private" and is bottoming out at 84%.

Do you think I've been had? Whats a respectable time to wait(it was Christmas after all)? Can I claim off paypal,or does it require both parties to make statements.

madeinengland1963/s.terry smith if you are out there, please get in touch!!!!!!!!

Social source share

• Replies 33
  • Views 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

I am the same, won a record from this seller just before xmas (when he still had a 100% feedback) i have never recieved it and although this was meant to be sent by recorded delivery numerous messages to this seller asking for the RD number i've had no reply and have now started a paypal claim.

I notice that he has now had 7 negatives and a neutral in the last month, and i've not posted mine yet.

gogs

Edited by Gogs
Social source share

I knew it would happen one day, I've been buying (and selling) on e bay for 3 years and I've never had cause to leave anyone bad feedback.

I bought two records before Christmas, Sensations and Bud Harper, They've not arrived yet and I've contacted the seller through e bay and also by e mail several times and not had an answer. The sellers feedback has gone "private" and is bottoming out at 84%.

Do you think I've been had? Whats a respectable time to wait(it was Christmas after all)? Can I claim off paypal,or does it require both parties to make statements.

madeinengland1963/s.terry smith if you are out there, please get in touch!!!!!!!!

there is no reason for you to not initiate a paypal dispute NOW, which doesn't do anything and which is like a warning to the seller. You can then escalate it to a claim if he doesn't respond. Doing it makes it less likely the seller will blow you off. You also need to do it soon because there is a time limit after the auction during which you can file the claim.

Social source share

there is no reason for you to not initiate a paypal dispute NOW, which doesn't do anything and which is like a warning to the seller. You can then escalate it to a claim if he doesn't respond. Doing it makes it less likely the seller will blow you off. You also need to do it soon because there is a time limit after the auction during which you can file the claim.

[/quote

I did this over a week ago and dispite further messages i still recieved no answer from the seller, so decided to escalate dispute to a claim.

Like boba says there is a time limit so i would start a claim now if i were you.

Social source share

on the other hand if you sell a record on ebay how long do people have to pay. does the seller have to specify a time limit or is there a written rule how long do people have to wait b4 pushing the `unpaid item` button :unsure:

dave

I always pay with-in 24 hours of winning an item but normally with-in 5 minutes depending on time item comes off and whether i'm near my computer or not.

gogs

Social source share

on the other hand if you sell a record on ebay how long do people have to pay. does the seller have to specify a time limit or is there a written rule how long do people have to wait b4 pushing the `unpaid item` button :unsure:

dave

Most sellers do put a within time on the sales info Dave.... 7, 10 or 14 days are what I've usually seen....

For those that don't put a time frame, then I've not seen "an ebay rule" as such.... suspect it's "normally expected" within about a week tho....

Social source share

Guest Matt Male

dave

I had this problem, buyer didn't pay. I waited a month before i started a claim, although paypal think you should only wait a week and then start proceedings. In my opinion if (as i do) the seller uses paypal only then there is no excuse for someone failing to pay within a week. If they didn't have the funds to hand they shouldn't have bid. You can take the claim all the way to an unpaid strike against the buyer as i did. Plus you can also cancel the unpaid strike if the buyer later gives a good enough explanation as to why they didn't pay up, which again was what i did.

I think the unpaid strike system works a bit better and seems less final than a negative.

Edited by Matt Male
Social source share

I am the same, won a record from this seller just before xmas (when he still had a 100% feedback) i have never recieved it and although this was meant to be sent by recorded delivery numerous messages to this seller asking for the RD number i've had no reply and have now started a paypal claim.

I notice that he has now had 7 negatives and a neutral in the last month, and i've not posted mine yet.

gogs

I haven't posted my feedback yet, surley e bay can see something is wrong, I've also noted that e bay has not got a listed address for this guy/girl.I've initiated my claim its up to e bay now.

I always pay within seven days, and contact the vendor to advise any period longer than 48hrs. I believe its the polite way to do buisness

John

Social source share

I haven't posted my feedback yet, surley e bay can see something is wrong, I've also noted that e bay has not got a listed address for this guy/girl.I've initiated my claim its up to e bay now.

I always pay within seven days, and contact the vendor to advise any period longer than 48hrs. I believe its the polite way to do buisness

John

hi john

this is a copy of the reply i received from this seller when i first asked about the recoord that i had won.

Maybe a ligitimate problem but then why no replies to further messages?

was posted in a big load spent over an hour doing it some others have not arrived yet im pretty concerned as not my local post office

- madeinengland1963

Social source share

John

feedback is never the way to get your record, posting negative feedback should only be done at the end when you are 100% screwed. If there is a chance the seller is honest and has a problem, posting a negative will alienate them. Go through the whole paypal process, then post feedback at the end when you got your record or when you're definitely not getting anything.

Social source share

feedback is never the way to get your record, posting negative feedback should only be done at the end when you are 100% screwed. If there is a chance the seller is honest and has a problem, posting a negative will alienate them. Go through the whole paypal process, then post feedback at the end when you got your record or when you're definitely not getting anything.

Sounds like good advice, thanks boba, thanks gogs, I never recieved a message. good luck.

John

Social source share

gogs

I'm another one, same story. Went straight to paypal claim as seller has no contact number????

Do they know who he is?????

Think we should all get our money back as paypal payment is protected.

Social source share

boba that's 3 of us so far on soulsource , i'm thinking we were screwed. hopefully paypay protection will help us.

Edited by Gogs
Social source share

boba that's 3 of us so far on soulsource , i'm thinking we were screwed. hopefully paypay protection will help us.

i always get screwed in these situations too because paypal will only refund your money if it's in the seller's account. the earlier you guys get your dispute in the more likely you are to get your money back.

Social source share

Since i first posted on this thread at 5.45pm yesterday this buyer has went from 6 negative feedbacks to 9 negatives and i've not posted mine up yet. Think ebay and paypal will realise that something is not right?.

Social source share

Got screwed by the very same guy. Won a rare funk 45 off him, but it arrived in awful condition. He agreed to refund when the record was sent back, so I sent it back and that's where the troubles began... First weeks he told me a story about how he had to work 12 hours a day and couldn't go to the post office before the weekend, and after that weekend he just stopped answering my mails/ebay messages. I filed a claim a few weeks later and he didn't answer to that either, so I hope I can get my money back.

Mind you, this guy's been on eBay before, and I've had some troubles with him last year, but I didn't check his username before I bid, so I immediately knew I was in for some trouble...

Social source share

If you do a google search for his ebay handle and then press the cache tab on the results, you can still see some of his feedback.

He's been a member since 17 November 2008, and up until 14 December 2008 had received 100% feedback on 33 items. Most of his sales were from 5 to 15 quid.

So it looks like it's all gone the way of the pear 'round about Xmas time. The results only show up until 14th December, so I can't view any feedback after that....so as already said, you should get your paypal claim in asap.

Social source share

He's now on 11 negatives (and i've still not put mine up yet) think you might have started the ball rolling john.

Just left my negative feedback, 13 now.

Has anybody had any developments?

Seller seems to have dissapeared.

Why make them private-so you have no contact details??????

Social source share

Guest julesp1905

Looks to me like at least 14 people have funded his christmas shopping,

Paypal Protection should get you your money back,

Start the claim which gives you and the seller 10 days to resolve problem. Which looks like won't happen.

Then escalate and after about a Month you should recieve your money back.

long winded but at least you will get your funds back.

I wouldn't let the expeirence pt you off though, always find a bad apple in a barrel

Social source share

Guest julesp1905

on the other hand if you sell a record on ebay how long do people have to pay. does the seller have to specify a time limit or is there a written rule how long do people have to wait b4 pushing the `unpaid item` button :wave:

dave

Sellers can't register unpaid item dispute until 7 days after auction end.

unless i have been emailed by seller I resend Invoice after 5 days, and then file unpaid item dispute after 7, most of the time simply a case yhat bidder has forgotton or waiting till pay pay.

Social source share

Just left my negative feedback, 13 now.

Has anybody had any developments?

Seller seems to have dissapeared.

Why make them private-so you have no contact details??????

Hi Paul

no developments yet, he appears to be ignoring all messages including those sent by paypal, although he still has a couple of days left to respond to my claim but i don't think he will.

One good thing is that if you have private feedback it means you cannot sell on ebay so he won't be able to rip anybody else off.

gogs

Social source share

I received an email from paypal today saying that they had found in my favour and full refund has been given.

:thumbup:

i have now left my negative feedback :lol:

gogs

Social source share

Just out of interest, in general, if you haven't received your record bought through Ebay (and paid for by Paypal), given that you've allowed time anc given contact etc etc......Is it best to launch a claim directly through Paypal, OR go down the Ebay "item not received" route?

Im in a similar position as the above, but with a different seller. Just wanted to know the best approach.

Also, is the time limit for making claims the same across the board (i.e. regardless of auction format, item category, final value)?

Thanks

Arron

Social source share

Just out of interest, in general, if you haven't received your record bought through Ebay (and paid for by Paypal), given that you've allowed time anc given contact etc etc......Is it best to launch a claim directly through Paypal, OR go down the Ebay "item not received" route?

Im in a similar position as the above, but with a different seller. Just wanted to know the best approach.

Also, is the time limit for making claims the same across the board (i.e. regardless of auction format, item category, final value)?

Thanks

Arron

As this is the first time that i have done this i don't know what way is the best, all i can say is that doing it through paypal was really easy and straight-forward and quite quick.

gogs

Social source share

Thanks

Arron

I've had packages go missing in the post before, but they all came from reputable sellers, and I chose not to insure the packages. In these cases it's my own fault of course and I don't start a claim.

I've done the claim through eBay, but you'll be redirected to paypal anyway to fill in things. Just make sure you stay within the timelimit or you're f£cked...

Social source share

I've had packages go missing in the post before, but they all came from reputable sellers, and I chose not to insure the packages. In these cases it's my own fault of course and I don't start a claim.

I've done the claim through eBay, but you'll be redirected to paypal anyway to fill in things. Just make sure you stay within the timelimit or you're f£cked...

Ok, thanks for the info.

Is the time limit available in the "help" section of ebay / Paypal? From experience, do you know what the general rule of thumb is time wise?

Social source share

One day to go for my refund... but it looks like I'll be getting my money back too, so it looks like I'll be able to pay this month's rent after all :lol:

Did you get your refund?

I notice that this guy is no longer registered on ebay will this affect people still waiting on thier claims?

gogs

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!