• Replies 20
  • Views 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

True. But I didn't say it WAS Soul.

I asked what it was worth / value to label collectors.

Boba asked and i thought it would be rude not to answer.............a tenner,there you go :unsure: i like the Bruce Chanel thing on the same lable.

Edited by ken
Social source share

Guest SteveJohnston

post-4017-1232301857_thumb.jpg

Where / how does this fit into the world of record label collectors?

And what kind of value would it have?

Price no more than £10.00, if i remember the "Love Makes The World Go Round" is the side to play, but been a long long time since i sold my copy about 81/82 :unsure: .

Steve J

Social source share

Price no more than £10.00, if i remember the "Love Makes The World Go Round" is the side to play, but been a long long time since i sold my copy about 81/82 :unsure: .

Steve J

Strange how a label can start out releasing Soul records then after just a few releases continue releasing C&W only?

Wonder what happened there?

Could it be somebody bought / took over an already established label then just released C&W from there on in?

Social source share

Guest SteveJohnston

Strange how a label can start out releasing Soul records then after just a few releases continue releasing C&W only?

Wonder what happened there?

Could it be somebody bought / took over an already established label then just released C&W from there on in?

Don't know about only C/W when i was collecting Melody records 119 "put me in you pocket" by Howard ? it will come to me soon! and the Hillsiders on 120 i'm sure where soul not very good IMO but soul.

Steve J

Social source share

Don't know about only C/W when i was collecting Melody records 119 "put me in you pocket" by Howard ? it will come to me soon! and the Hillsiders on 120 i'm sure where soul not very good IMO but soul.

Steve J

Okay, that's interesting. So it wasn't all just C&W after the early releases then.

Still, interesting that a label like this, a small independent label, should have a mixture of Soul and C&W.

Social source share

Okay, that's interesting. So it wasn't all just C&W after the early releases then.

Still, interesting that a label like this, a small independent label, should have a mixture of Soul and C&W.

Wasnt it a Motown sub,wouldnt say small....

Social source share

Wasnt it a Motown sub,wouldnt say small....

Yes, I'm fully aware it had links to Motown but when?

Did Gordy take over the label to acquire certain talent then move on, explaining the later C&W releases?

Just a thought, I honestly don't really know. But then, that's what the forum's all about eh? Learning something new?

Edited by denbo
Social source share

Guest SteveJohnston

Just had a look around a few sites and John M as 119 Howard Crockett as beeing "very scarce 1964 Motown subsiduary" at £8.00 and the Hillsiders at £10

Also one i never had at the time Dorsey Burnette "everybody's angel" 116 at £15, I assume also soul as it came out on TMG 534 .

Steve J

Edited by SteveJohnston
Social source share

Guest SteveJohnston

Did Gordy take over the label to acquire certain talent then move on, explaining the the later C&W releases?

Just a thought, I honestly don't really know. But then, that's what the forum's all about eh? Learning something new?

Thats the reason i'm on the forum :lol:

Social source share

Did Gordy take over the label to acquire certain talent then move on, explaining the the later C&W releases?

Correct that why i said it was C&W others might not have known, i have a few of these things a couple good ones aswell,funny how there isnt much about the label on the net.

Social source share

Did Gordy take over the label to acquire certain talent then move on, explaining the later C&W releases?

I don't think Gordy acquired the label, it was a motown label from the start. They released a few soul releases and switched it to be a country label. That's why I was asking if it was one of the soul titles on the label that I somehow didn't know about, I obviously wouldn't ask that about other random posts here. One of the rarest soul 45s on motown is the charters 45 on mel-o-dy by the way. Thanks.

Social source share

I don't think Gordy acquired the label, it was a motown label from the start. They released a few soul releases and switched it to be a country label. That's why I was asking if it was one of the soul titles on the label that I somehow didn't know about, I obviously wouldn't ask that about other random posts here. One of the rarest soul 45s on motown is the charters 45 on mel-o-dy by the way. Thanks.

Oh, right, good to know. Off to States in March. Will keep my eyes peeled. You never know. :lol:

Social source share

Oh, right, good to know. Off to States in March. Will keep my eyes peeled. You never know. :thumbsup:

if you're looking for the charters there are only two known copies, it's like the frank wilson but more known just to motown collectors, a nice record too.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!