Denbo

• Replies 21
  • Views 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Yes - well no - but I'm familiar with the label, it's based in the USA and represses all kinds of Jamaican things. Wonder why the shortened the title (from Pussy Price)

Wondered that myself?

Didn't know that about the label, so thanks for that. :lol:

Social source share

Yes - well no - but I'm familiar with the label, it's based in the USA and represses all kinds of Jamaican things. Wonder why the shortened the title (from Pussy Price)

Is it a current pressing?

Does it have anything to do with the Randy's label? Saying this because of the Chin-Randy thing on the bottom.

Thought it was an early 70s one. I remember having In The Spirit by Lloyd Charmers, an U Roy and a couple of Pat Kelly's on it.

Social source share

Is it a current pressing?

Does it have anything to do with the Randy's label? Saying this because of the Chin-Randy thing on the bottom.

Thought it was an early 70s one. I remember having In The Spirit by Lloyd Charmers, an U Roy and a couple of Pat Kelly's on it.

Used to have a copy of this until recently, it's from the 70s. Excellent pressing and soundquality, might be even taken from the master tape. I might be mixing it up with something else but i think it has a skinhead reggae track on flip, Val Bennett?

Don't know if it's a different take to any other versions as it's the only one I know. Never had it on another label and don't recall having it on LP or CD either.

Social source share

The Jamaican blank should indeed have a Val Bennet cut on the B side - High Tide which if I remember rightly is a great instrumental. This is a Bunny Lee production but I don't know if he produced Pussy Price. The matrix should be DYNA-BL 815 but I've also seen it listed as R-3009). But it gets a bit confusing because another version, produced by Roy Shirley, was released in Jamaica in 1969 (dyna RS 840). This has Give Me Back Me Dallar on the B side.

Social source share

the flipside of the Chappy 45 is Rupie Edwards Allstars with Val Bennett - High tide

My Chappy copy just says "Instrumental" on the flip side of "Price", nothing else.

I'm away from home at the moment so can't investigate further.

Different record to the flip on Nu Beat that much I do know.

Social source share

So it did on my copy. As I'm not that familiar with Reggae, especially instrumentals, it took me some time to identify it. But it really is Val Bennett - High tide.

Okay, nice one, I'll add that information on the cardboard sleeve. Thanks.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!