United Sounds Of Soul! Holmes Chapel

• Replies 42
  • Views 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest ktf mal

Just like to thank Sharon/Kev/Martyn and all Djs....for a splendid night.

Met some really nice people, and i never heard a bad track....it was brill

I shall return......

ktf mal

Well I was just going to do a lookbacks, however...

last nite was wonderfully superb for me, as we came off the motorway and into Holmes chapel, Ella Fitzgerald was on the radio singing what a wonderful world, how apt I thought at the time, and the nite proved me right :D

from the offset with the lineup proved to me what a wonderful world of soul tunage there is out there,Martyn was warming up nicely, followed by John Baxter, special thanks to my Woody who I thought played a blinding set, as did each and everyone of you , with Dave welding stepping in at the last moment, and I had to shake John Parkers hand after a fantastic set of vinyl which I could only dream about,and we stayed to the last to hear Kev and Mart who did not let us down, it was great to hear these guys out at last, and Joan, I love you but you know that already :lol: to quote, any switched on promoter would book all of these people,

not going to drivel on but like I say , I always say what I mean, make no mistake about that, and have always sung the praise of USOS, I am so looking forward to the anniversary in march, I hope every body enjoyed it as much as I did, keep it up, keep it going, so we can all come back for more.

I WOULD JUST LIKE TO SAY THANKS TO MARTIN,KEV,SHARON, FOR ASKING ME TO PLAY A FEW TUNES AT THIS GREAT VENUE,I MUST ALSO SAY WHAT A FANTASTIC NIGHT IT TURNED OUT TO BE. JOHN BAXTER,JOAN,DAVE WELDING,AND JOHN PARKER,NOT FORGETTING MARTIN AND KEVIN.TRULY A TOP NIGHT,THANKS FOR YOUR COMPANY

Thanks for starting the thread JB :thumbsup: .

We would just like to thank everyone for the fantastic turn out last night travellers from all over the place too many to mention individual names all the regulars and a lot of new faces as well.

Couldn't possibly single one dj out last night as they were all brilliant a big thanks to you all.

Apologies for the spot of trouble with a couple of lads from the club's Rugby team they won't even get near the door again boxing.gif .

Anyway thanks again to everyone for making it a really good night. Roll on the next one.

Sharon, Kev & Martyn

Thanks for starting the thread JB :thumbsup: .

We would just like to thank everyone for the fantastic turn out last night travellers from all over the place too many to mention individual names all the regulars and a lot of new faces as well.

Couldn't possibly single one dj out last night as they were all brilliant a big thanks to you all.

Apologies for the spot of trouble with a couple of lads from the club's Rugby team they won't even get near the door again boxing.gif .

Anyway thanks again to everyone for making it a really good night. Roll on the next one.

Sharon, Kev & Martyn

was a great night but Sharon i think most of the lads wouldnt mind a certain long dark haired lady coming again :g: any photos Martin

thoroughly cheesed off to have missed this, but the other bill had to go into hospital on that saturday and it put a crimp into arrangements. he says he went in for a knee op but i think it was to have the vocal chords took out of his anus. biggrin.gif

Shame you missed it, hopefully you can make the Anniversary in March :thumbsup: .

Sharon

Really good nite has usual first time ive drove there myself always had a lift in the past

drove around two housing estates four wrong turns drove the right way down Congleton Rd

but turned back around 100 mtrs from club because Jane said it was the wrong way

finally arrived bumped into Joan n Tony on car park then made a idiot of myself

by tryin to get in through the wrong door ha ha, fill me up with Becks n Brandy and i get

there first time every time :D

Great tunes from all DJ,s we heard and good to see a few old faces knockin around again

roll on March :thumbsup:

WHAT AN OUTSTANDING NIGHT! :thumbup:

Have to say Saturday was the best one yet.

Busy dancefloor from start to finish which was a fitting testament to the great music that was played by all DJ's.

Not going to single any DJ out, because for once I think every DJ was as good as the next. And it's not often you can say that!

Looking forward to the next one already - and it's the Anniversary. Whooo hooo :(

The minute I walked in, could not belive my eyes!!! sssoooooooooo so many people in, even had to get more chairs out for people to sit.

What can I say that everybody ells already said, a very very wonderfull night, it never stops to amase me the sounds that gets played, so will see you all in March.

P.S. will post the photos in the next day or so....

Annie

Pushed all the right buttons & ticked all the box's again.

Top night people give yourselves a pat on the back (Tip stand in a circle) :lol:

Hi all really gutted that I missed a brill nite by the sound of things. I had such an excellent nite at my first visit late last year. The sounds were refreshing and as always with soul folk, top people.... but the lurgie got me last week and as I was going to travel up on my own it wasn't to be... BUGGER... looking forward to March. Best Kimbo

Hi all really gutted that I missed a brill nite by the sound of things. I had such an excellent nite at my first visit late last year. The sounds were refreshing and as always with soul folk, top people.... but the lurgie got me last week and as I was going to travel up on my own it wasn't to be... BUGGER... looking forward to March. Best Kimbo

Hiya Kimbo

Shame you missed it you would have loved it, was a fantastic night do you want Kev to do you a cd and bring it with us next time.

See you in March if not before.

Sharon

Guest SoulRenaissance

Just like to say a big thanks to all the djs and the supporters old and new......

Also to all our friends who give constant encouragement and support

Kev s

Hi, all. As said on the night, it makes all the hard work worthwhile. Could've been knackered with everything going on, but the adrenalin keeps me buzzing. Even on the Sunday night, ain't gonna buckle one bit. Just like the old days. Fantastic night, dj's, and people. Loved every minute of it. Tunes to die for, old and new. And you ain't seen nothin' yet! Some people keep saying were not going to see another Albrighton, but i can honestly say they obviously didn't grasp what went into those early nights and how it developed. Ditto, Holmes Chapel.

thoroughly cheesed off to have missed this, but the other bill had to go into hospital on that saturday and it put a crimp into arrangements. he says he went in for a knee op but i think it was to have the vocal chords took out of his anus. :no:

And an agonising operation it was too....

Won't be able to walk for many weeks & what sympathy do I get from Mr Pishup??

Looking forward to getting back on my feet definately for the next Holmes Chapel :lol:

Also looking forward to being able to run and kick....& sticking the toe of my right boot 3 laceholes up Mr Bags backside :P

Sooooo'' sorry I crimped your evening Wilhelm but as you can see Nothing wrong with my Anul mouth piece :P

Sounds like we both missed a brilliant night ... so ...PLAYLISTS PLEASE GUYS !!!

LOL Billyboy.

And an agonising operation it was too....

Won't be able to walk for many weeks & what sympathy do I get from Mr Pishup??

Looking forward to getting back on my feet definately for the next Holmes Chapel :ohmy:

Also looking forward to being able to run and kick....& sticking the toe of my right boot 3 laceholes up Mr Bags backside :thumbup:

Sooooo'' sorry I crimped your evening Wilhelm but as you can see Nothing wrong with my Anul mouth piece :lol:

Sounds like we both missed a brilliant night ... so ...PLAYLISTS PLEASE GUYS !!!

LOL Billyboy.

Hiya to Billy's one and two would you both like the cd that you missed on Saturday can get Kev to do you one, not sure where we'll see you next possibly the Sunflower at the end of the month. Anyway let us know and will bring them with us.

Glad to hear your op went ok and looking forward to seeing you stick your toe up billbags backside :thumbup: .

Will get Kev to do his playlist later when he's home from work.

Sharon

Guest Spinning Vinyl

Looks like I missed a blinder!!! So glad the place got rocked by the best in soul music! Im so pleased Sharon, Kev, Martyn etc that all your persistance is paying off and your night is moving from strength to strength. Heres to being able to make it up to have a boogie in the near future.

Chris :rolleyes:

Just recovered from a great weekend, Burnley Friday night then USOS on Saturday night, Sharon/Kev, I did promose that I would return one day and I was'nt disapointed, heard some nice tune's also some new to me, I even got some nice compliment's from some lovely ladies laugh.gif

Willie

ps, thank's for the cd's

Hiya to Billy's one and two would you both like the cd that you missed on Saturday can get Kev to do you one, not sure where we'll see you next possibly the Sunflower at the end of the month. Anyway let us know and will bring them with us

Sharon

hi sharon, the cds would be brill. at least one of us will be at the sunflower so c u there.

thamks again.

bill

Hiya to Billy's one and two would you both like the cd that you missed on Saturday can get Kev to do you one, not sure where we'll see you next possibly the Sunflower at the end of the month. Anyway let us know and will bring them with us.

Glad to hear your op went ok and looking forward to seeing you stick your toe up billbags backside :rolleyes: .

Will get Kev to do his playlist later when he's home from work.

Sharon

Hi Sharon & Kev,

A CD would be mighty mighty fine "thank you so much" ...if I can walk I'll definately be at The Sunflower Lounge.

If not please give mine to Mr Bag....but not in his hand :g:sweatingbullets.gif

LOL

Billyboy.

Edited by Billyboy

HERES MY PART OF MARTYNS & MY SPOT, HOPE THIS ENCOURAGES THE OTHERS TO PUT THEIR SETS UP

TOO

Malcom Hayes - Searchin for my baby - Chattahoochee

Bobby James - I really love you - Karol

Chryslers & Monarchs Band - I'm not gonna lose you - Je Jody

New Yorkers - Don't wanna be you fool - Tacful

Epsilons - Mind in a bind - Hem

Accents - You better think again - One derful

Ellie Greenwich - Baby - Red Bird

Rubaiyats - Omar Khayyam - sansu

Embers - First time - JCP

Perfections - Am I gonna lose you - SVR

Intentions - i love you - Blue Light

Jim & Lee - Let go baby - Smash

Tempo's - Gotta make a move - Montel Michelle

Still buzzing from an OUTSTANDING Saturday night! :ohmy:

Here's what I played, as far as I can remember anyway.

FOUR SONICS - EASIER SAID THAN DONE - SPORT

MIRETTES - HE'S ALRIGHT WITH ME - MIRWOOD

SKIP JACKSON - I'M ONTO YOU GIRL - DOT MAR

CELEST HARDIE - YOU'RE GONE - REYNOLDS

FOUR SONICS PLUS ONE - TELL ME YOUR MINE - SEPIA

MATADORS - SAY YES BABY - CHAVIS

VENTURAS - HEART OF LOVE - GREEN LIGHT

SOULFUL TWINS - CAN'T LET YOU GO - SABLE

JACK MONTGOMERY - BABY TAKE A CHANCE ON ME - REVUE

MELVIN DAVIS - I MUST LOVE YOU - GROOVESVILLE

PERFECTIONS - I LOVE YOU MY LOVE - SVR

PACESETTERS - I'M GONNA MAKE IT - MINIT

HILDA - HERE I AM - UNISSUED

MONIQUE - I WOULDN'T BELIEVE IT - MAURCI

LILLIAN DUPREE - HIDE & SEEK - D TOWN

DYNAMICS - WOMAN - BRAINSTORM

MAGICIANS - LOVE LETS TRY IT AGAIN - VILLA

JJ BARNES - LONELY NO MORE - MICKAYS

i know it's took me a week but i finaly got the photo's on . it was our first trip to this superb event & it won't be our last . top dj's top sounds

thanks mart ( kerby )

Guest SoulRenaissance

i know it's took me a week but i finaly got the photo's on . it was our first trip to this superb event & it won't be our last . top dj's top sounds

thanks mart ( kerby )

And here's my playlist from the night.

Rockmasters "Raining teardrops" Romulus

Icemen "It's time you knew" Ole 9

Adorables "Ooh boy" GW

Parliaments "Heart trouble" GW

Masqueraders "That's the same thing" Soul Town

Ambassadors "I need someone" Uptown

Carpets "Keep pushing on" Show Me

Perfections "So lonely" Big B

Nelson Sanders "Mojo man" Rambler

Metrics "Wishes" Chadwick