part 1

Social source share

• Replies 3
  • Views 480
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

I just had to post this , after playing the " Best Of The Chi-Lites " today : I had not heard " TCDOML " for many a moon and I had forgotten how good the track was , and how good The Chi-Lites were .........

Malc Burton

Social source share

I just had to post this , after playing the " Best Of The Chi-Lites " today : I had not heard " TCDOML " for many a moon and I had forgotten how good the track was , and how good The Chi-Lites were .........

Malc Burton

Hi Malc,

Got the album "A Lonely Man" when it came out in 1972. I think Blues & Soul were raving about this track at the time and was one of the reasons for me buying it. Brilliant track which I have now dug out again. Album also has Living In The Footsteps Of Another Man, Oh Girl and a Version of Inner City Blues, plus the title track which is not unlike Have You Seen Her.

Lucky enough to see them at the Nottingham Palais (with Sweet Sensation) many years ago.

Steve

Social source share

Guest Hunnymon

This is my all time favourite song.

A lovely melody, nice to hear that others appreciate the song too.

We did actually get to see The Chi-lites live in the Autum of 1986, at Chesterfield, they were no longer a major draw and sung along to backing tapes which they had to rewind at the end of the show in order to perform the encore number ("Have You Seen Her again).

The group proudly told us that they were the original Chi-lites - Record,Thompson.Jones, and indeed they were.

A couple of years later on I was surprised to see the group doing the summer season at the Heaven Hoilday Camps.

However, we never went to see them on what was most likely their last ever UK visit - wish I had now!

Social source share