" Quality, Quality, Quality " @ " The City " Peterborough

Russoul1

our next themed event "QUALITY,QUALITY,QUALITY"

"The City" Priestgate, Peterborough, Cambs PE1

Friday 6th Febuary 8 - 1am

£3.00 otd

Guest DJs; Steve Jay (ITS Spalding)

& "Young" Jamie Parr (another local youngster)

these youngsters are the future of our beloved scene

Res DJs; Russ Holley & Ray(top button)Mahoney

playing "Quality" 60s 70s and upwards ovo soul music

always interested in any feedback negative or positive, ideas, local collectors/djs for future events etc

for any info pm myself or RayM

Happy Soulin

russ

Edited by russoul1
  • Replies 47
  • Views 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

our next themed event "QUALITY,QUALITY,QUALITY"

"The City" Priestgate, Peterborough, Cambs PE1

in the upstairs Ballroom tbc

Friday 6th Febuary 8 - 1am

£3.00 otd

Guest DJs; Steve Jay (ITS Spalding)

& "Young" Jamie Parr (another local youngster)

these youngsters are the future of our beloved scene

Res DJs; Russ Holley & Ray(top button)Mahoney

playing "Quality" 60s 70s and upwards ovo soul music

always interested in any feedback negative or positive, ideas, local collectors/djs for future events etc

for any info pm myself or RayM

Happy Soulin

russ

Hi Russ ,nice to catch up with yourself and Ray this weekend, and thanks for asking me to guest for you at this event,Quality,Quality ,Quality :g: guess Id better not play any of that Disco stuff then :thumbsup:wink.giflaugh.gif .

Seriously though really looking forward to this , & lots of the ITS crowd gonna make the trip over for this ,see ya friday at ITS then!!

Steve

Edited by sjay

at present the upstairs ballroom is not viable for the owner

so for now as last month we will be using the middle room. we will still garantee a quality

night of soul

happy soulin

russ

It dont matter about the room, its all about then tunes and there's gona be some crackers, well up for this and got a fair few people coming too should be a good one, hope your ready for my set gonna blast you with some R&B,

Cheers

It dont matter about the room, its all about then tunes and there's gona be some crackers, well up for this and got a fair few people coming too should be a good one, hope your ready for my set gonna blast you with some R&B,

Cheers

Nice to see the Parr family tradition continuing, recognise anyone from this photo of boro all-nighter crowd from '72? :)

techcollege.jpg

Guest gordon russell

Thanks for your contribution Paul - can always can bank on you for an early posting to our threads! :) Why not come down sometime? :shades:thumbsup.gif Thanks for your interest.

he would if you gave him a dj spot :lol:

Hi Russ and Ray,

Hope you have a great night, quite tempted by the promise of some storming RnB from mr_jp but can't make this one. What are the dates for the next few months? Been promising to come and pay you a visit for a while and about time i actually got off my bum and get there! Been some great feedback on the themed nights....seems a great way to focus the music policy for the night.

All the best,

Adam.

Hi Russ and Ray,

Hope you have a great night, quite tempted by the promise of some storming RnB from mr_jp but can't make this one. What are the dates for the next few months? Been promising to come and pay you a visit for a while and about time i actually got off my bum and get there! Been some great feedback on the themed nights....seems a great way to focus the music policy for the night.

All the best,

Adam.

hi adam, thanks for your comments, and yes am looking forward to some rocking rnb not just from young jamie

but myself to :P its gonna be a right contrast as steve j will be doing the modern sort :P

russ

Guest skipstuart

Hi Guy's,

All being well, we shall see you both there!!

Looking forward to Steve's spot.

cheers,

John Mc. thumbsup.gif

Seya there guys looking forward to it great company. :lamsey:

hi adam, thanks for your comments, and yes am looking forward to some rocking rnb not just from young jamie

but myself to wink.gif its gonna be a right contrast as steve j will be doing the modern sort ph34r.gif

russ

Best of both worlds mate I could manage to put up with a little bit of rock & roll while waiting for Steve`s set. :lol:

see ya friday

Edited by gibber

Hi Russ and Ray,

Hope you have a great night, quite tempted by the promise of some storming RnB from mr_jp but can't make this one. What are the dates for the next few months? Been promising to come and pay you a visit for a while and about time i actually got off my bum and get there!

Hi Adam, next dates being:-

Fri 6th March

Fri 3rd April

Fri 8th May

Fri 5th June

Yes, we are monthly...

If you can make one of the above nights Adam then PM me if you fancy taking a 1 hour spot? :huh:

Cheers, Ray

Hi Guy's,

All being well, we shall see you both there!!

Looking forward to Steve's spot.

cheers,

John Mc. :yes:

Hi John/Dot, looking forward to seeing you there. Here are the DJ times:

8.00 - 8.30 Ray

8.30 - 9.15 Jamie Parr

9.15 - 9.45 Russ

9.45 - 10.30 Steve Jay

10.30 - 11.00 Ray

11.00 - 11.30 Russ

11.30 - 12.15 Steve Jay

12.15 - 1.00 Ray & Russ

Bar open till 1am

Russ and I will be there setting up from about 6.45pm. Set up takes about 15mins then from about 7pm(ish) untill 8pm when we open the doors we get chance to play a few sounds, new buys etc.. Usually a couple of us there before 8pm so anyone wanting to come down early and play and listen to a few 45's, hear them played loud, chat and get an early beer in etc... then feel free to come along.

Hi John/Dot, looking forward to seeing you there. Here are the DJ times:

8.00 - 8.30 Ray

8.30 - 9.15 Jamie Parr

9.15 - 9.45 Russ

9.45 - 10.30 Steve Jay

10.30 - 11.00 Ray

11.00 - 11.30 Russ

11.30 - 12.15 Steve Jay

12.15 - 1.00 Ray & Russ

Bar open till 1am

Russ and I will be there setting up from about 6.45pm. Set up takes about 15mins then from about 7pm(ish) untill 8pm when we open the doors we get chance to play a few sounds, new buys etc.. Usually a couple of us there before 8pm so anyone wanting to come down early and play and listen to a few 45's, hear them played loud, chat and get an early beer in etc... then feel free to come along.

I'm in town from 1800 hrs so I'll pop in about 7 for 45 mins for a beer.

Best of both worlds mate I could manage to put up with a little bit of rock & roll while waiting for Steve`s set. :no:

see ya friday

:lol::):P

Hi Andy will be good to see you you mate , Russ dont worry Im planning to play a bit of everything ,even some 60s :lol: so you wont need to wear a white suit or anything :lol: .

Andy please remember to obey the rules of the club at all times ,this really made me smile when I read the sign that you are standing right next to @ ITS last week...........................................

forsale1622.jpg

:yes::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Hi Andy will be good to see you you mate , Russ dont worry Im planning to play a bit of everything ,even some 60s :lol: so you wont need to wear a white suit or anything :thumbsup: .

Andy please remember to obey the rules of the club at all times ,this really made me smile when I read the sign that you are standing right next to @ ITS last week...........................................

forsale1622.jpg

:thumbup:laugh.gif nice one Steve, glad I got out of the way just as you were taking that photo!! :shhh:

:Dlaugh.gif:wave:

Hi Andy will be good to see you you mate , Russ dont worry Im planning to play a bit of everything ,even some 60s yes.gif so you wont need to wear a white suit or anything :lol: .

forsale1622.jpg

:D:thumbsup:

will be there unless my first trip to the gym this week kills me :D

really hoping that the snow doesnt spoil this night, as it could well be the best night yet

at "The City"

anyway to keep myself positive, for parking drive past "the city" (one way) to a small junction drive ahead

then take the next left turn, car park at end of road, a couple of minutes walk back to the club.

there will be water for the huskies available!! lol

(that reminds me of the husky we saw coming home from

mansfield last year looking bemused by the snow :yes: )

really hoping that the snow doesnt spoil this night, as it could well be the best night yet

at "The City"

anyway to keep myself positive, for parking drive past "the city" (one way) to a small junction drive ahead

then take the next left turn, car park at end of road, a couple of minutes walk back to the club.

mansfield last year looking bemused by the snow :g: )

Russ,that was a Jack Russel in a trapper hat.

Really hope the snow clears :D .Have a good un. :yes:

at "The City"

mansfield last year looking bemused by the snow mellow.gif )

Yep, one of the funniest things I,ve seen!!

Parking is just down past "Ask" restuarant. Dont park behind 'The City' as one of our favourite Banks will happilly clamp you!!

See you all tomorrow, Ray

TONIGHT IS DEFFO ON have had a few pms and texts asking

we understand if people cant make it because of the weather, we will just charge you double

at the next one!!

JUST TO LET YOU KNOW ALL MAIN ROADS AROUND BORO ARE CLEAR

russ

Edited by russoul1

TONIGHT IS DEFFO ON have had a few pms and texts asking

we understand if people cant make it because of the weather

russ

Main roads into boro are all clear...if not strap a couple dustbin lids to your bumpers...I'll be there from 7 to 8 then its back to Wsey for our 'soldiers night"...enjoy another tip top Boro City Club soul night.

Main roads into boro are all clear...if not strap a couple dustbin lids to your bumpers...I'll be there from 7 to 8 then its back to Wsey for our 'soldiers night"...enjoy another tip top Boro City Club soul night.
thanks paul, was just about to post the same; ALL MAIN ROADS ARE CLEAR :thumbsup:

see you later

All main roads here clear too,Paul hope you can hang around a bit longer should be there a bit before 9 ,would be great to see you and buy you a beer!!

Steve

All main roads here clear too,Paul hope you can hang around a bit longer should be there a bit before 9 ,would be great to see you and buy you a beer!!

Steve

9pm steve!!! is that because of the possible rock n roll being played lol.

can tell you that young jamie has some right cracking rnb 45s!!! am most impressed even tried to

buy one of him, but he wasnt having it!! hes keen wink.gif

these guys are tomorrows future thumbsup.gif

yes paul stay and have a pint on me aswell :D

see you all later

russ