Northern Soul 45 Set Sale

Guest friendsofsound

Guest friendsofsound

Friends of Sound Records

1704 South Congress

Austin, TX 78704

512-447-1000

www.friendsofsound.com

Credit Cards and Paypal accepted. Paypal to info@friendsofsound.com or call 1-877-525-6500 for over the phones cc.

Shipping on the first 45 is $3.50 (first class) with each additional costing $1 extra within the US and $7 Airmail for the first 45 with each additional costing $2 extra outside the US.

got big bills this week and I got to make room for some choice choice San Antonio funk and soul(if that is your bag, it would be good to send me some want lists - I should have many of the heaviest records from that great scene) in the next few weeks. Some nice records here, feel free to pm with questions. Sound clips can be made available for some. thanks, Dave

ALL RECORDS IN THIS SALE ARE EX OR BETTER UNLESS NOTED.

Tina Florence - Let Bygones Be Bygones / Too Much for Me, Baby on APT, $60 dj promo

The Megatons - Detroit Sound / A Love That Will Last Forever on Laurie, $100 promo copy

Rosetta Johnson - That Hurts / It's Nice to Know on Atlantic, $80

Sugar n' Spice - Playboy / Come Go With Me on Loma, $70 white label promo

Freddy Wilson - Promise Land / Where Is She? on Eastbound, $70

Bobby Womack - How Does It Feel / Find Me Somebody on Atlantic, $55 VG+

Baby Washington - Hush Heart / I've Got a Feeling on Sue, $60

Washington Smith - Fat Cat / Don't Take Your Love from Me on Okeh, $60 white label promo

The Geminis - You Put a Hurtin' on Me / A Friend of Mine on RCA Victor, $50 VG+ white label promo

Danny White - Natural Soul Brother on SSS International, $40 VG(visual marks that produce light noise at intro + slight warp that DNAP) white label promo rare vinyl copy

Johnny Nash - Some of Your Lovin' / World of Tears on ABC Paramount, $30 (A side EX/ B side has marks that would visually rate VG - plays VG+)

Jimmy Hughes - It Ain't What You Got / Uncle Sam on Atlantic, $40

Pat Thomas - The Long Long Night / I Can't Wait Until I See My Baby's Face on Verve, $35 VG+ dj promo

Barbara Mason - Bobby Is My Baby / I Need Love on Arctic, $30

Arelean Brown - I Broken Many Heart / Eagle Stirs His Nest on Simmons, $30

Otis Williams - Baby You Turn Me On / Love Don't Grow on Trees on Okeh, $30 dj promo

Miss LaVell - Tide of Love / Just Look at You Fool on Duke, $30

Otis Leavill - Charlotte / Nobody But You on Smash, $25

Gene Chandler - Such a Pretty Thing / I Fooled You This Time on Checker, $25

The Poindexter Brothers - (Git Your) Backfield in Motion / (Grandma) Give That Girl Some Slack! on Verve, $25 dj promo

Walter Jackson - After You There Can Be Nothing / My Funny Valentine on Okeh, $25

Kris Peterson - Lullaby of the City / I Believe in You on Pelikin, $20

Ben Branch - Honey Man / Crowder Peas and Okra on Cadet, $20 VG+

Barbara Mason - Ain't Got Nobody / Oh, How It Hurts on Arctic, $20

Ike & Tina Turner - He's The One / Chicken Shack on Kent, $15

Virgil Griffin and Rhythm Kings - If You Can't Go Don't / A Forgotten Lover on Reginald, $15

Jamo Thomas & His Party Brothers Orchestra - Snake Hip Mama / I Spy on Thomas, $15

Barbara Acklin - A Raggedy Ride / Seven Days of Night on Brunswick, $10 VG+ promo copy

Jimmy Huff - Sweet Man / (Lover) Never Leave Me on Verve, $10

Lee Webber - Good Day Sunshine / Party Time on Chess, $10 dj promo

thanks for looking!

fos_bird.gif

Social source share

soul auctionsTap here for 24hr ebay Lists  Sign in to Switch Ebay Lists OFF 
  • Replies 1
  • Views 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest friendsofsound

*****HOLD*****

Danny White - Natural Soul Brother on SSS International,

Barbara Mason - Bobby Is My Baby / I Need Love on Arctic,

As far as the San Antonio stuff goes, sorry I wasn't more clear. I've gotten a number of questions about it. It will be strictly lists and in my store for at least a few months. Most of the records won't be on a public set sale either, since I have a lot of private people I deal with on that kind of stuff. I just wanted to give people, on the boards, a chance to let me know if there was something you were after because I will likely have it.

For the record: I WILL NOT HAVE THE THREE DUDES. :lol: BUT... I will have the Equasions and more like that. It will take a while to sort through the haul.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!