Funk 45 Set Sale

Guest friendsofsound

Guest friendsofsound

Friends of Sound Records

1704 South Congress

Austin, TX 78704

512-447-1000

www.friendsofsound.com

Credit Cards and Paypal accepted. Paypal to info@friendsofsound.com or call 1-877-525-6500 for over the phones cc.

Shipping on the first 45 is $3.50 (first class) with each additional costing $1 extra within the US and $7 Airmail for the first 45 with each additional costing $2 extra outside the US.

got big bills this week and I got to make room for some choice choice San Antonio funk and soul(if that is your bag, it would be good to send me some want lists - I should have many of the heaviest records from that great scene) in the next few weeks. Some nice records here, feel free to pm with questions. Sound clips can be made available for some. thanks, Dave

ALL RECORDS IN THIS SALE ARE EX OR BETTER UNLESS NOTED.

The Living Us - Steal Away / Understand on Nomad, $350

small label indie texas funk with a very nice off kilter ballad on the flip

Lou Garno Trio - Muy Sabroso / Chicken in the Basket on Giovanni, $80 (special non edit version)

funk rare groove from phoenix, AZ - breaks

Gary Byrd Experience - Soul Travelin' Pt. 1 (The G.B.E.) on RCA, $70

Latin Breed - Maranatha / Tomando Mil Copas on GCP, $60

tejano rare groove breaks

Impact! - Why Don't You Trust in Me / Don't Let Him Take Away Your Mind on Alpha, $60

indie label Los Angeles moog funk

Johnny Hammond - Los Conquistadores Chocolates on Milestone VG+, $50

classic dancefloor killer - edited version

La Tribu - La Chica de Los Hot Pants Cortos / Me Culpaste on Polydor, $50 promo

mexican funk about girls who wear hot pants. not a cover of the James Brown song, sung in English

Melvin Jackson - Funky Skull (Pt. 1 and 2) on Limelight VG+, $50

one of the best tracks from the Lp of the same name

Larry Sanders - Story of My Love / Where Did Peace Go on Sound of Sound, $40 brainfreeze breaks

Yvonne Daniels - Spread the Word / Turn Me On on De-Lite, $35

The Beginning of the End - Come Down Baby (Pt. I and II) on Alston VG+, $40

Howlin' Wolf - Tail Dragger / Evil on Cadet Concept, $25

Zapata - Viva La Raza (Live the Races) / Una Ves Mas on Original Sound, $30 white label promo lowrider funk

Jeane Mitchell & Harmonica Fats - Goodbye Fats / Harmonica Fats and Moonshine Willie - Funky Drop on Normar, $30

Barnett Bynum & The Invaders - Disco Fever / Black Foot on Cargo, $35

Tony Fox - I've Been Searchin / I've Been There on Tri-Spin, $30

Spencer Jackson Family - Bring Back a Peace to the World (Pt. 1 and 2) on Scarab, $25 pharaohs related

Mississippi Joe - Soul Power / The Funky Blues on Midas, $25

Marva Whitney - It's My Thing (You Can't Tell Me Who to Sock It to) / Ball of Fire on King, $25 classic samples

Gordon Staples & The Motown Strings - Strung Out on Motown VG+, $25 white label promo samples

Martha Turner - Dirty Old Man / Your Magic Touch on Royal American, $20

The Fifteen Dollar records that sound better than most $300 45s.

The Noble Knights - Sing a Simple Song / Movin' Part IV on Cotillion, $15

Joe Chopper & The Swinging Soul Band - Soul Pusher / For the Good Times on Lanor, $15

Syl Johnson - Annie Got Hot Pants Power (Pt. 1 and 2) on Twinight, $15

Betty Wright - Circle of Heart Break / The Best Girls Don't Always Win on Alston, $15

Vikki Styles - Mark My Words Love Will Never Die / Without Your Love I Can't Make It on Leno, $15

James Dee & A Piece of the Action - Brother James / Destruction on Enrica, $15

Lee Dorsey - Yes We Can Pt. 1 / O Me-O My-O on Polydor, $15

thanks for looking!

fos_bird.gif

Social source share

soul auctionsTap here for 24hr ebay Lists  Sign in to Switch Ebay Lists OFF 
  • Replies 2
  • Views 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest friendsofsound

*****HOLD*****

The Living Us - Steal Away / Understand on Nomad, $350

Gary Byrd Experience - Soul Travelin' Pt. 1 (The G.B.E.) on RCA, $70

As far as the San Antonio stuff goes, sorry I wasn't more clear. I've gotten a number of questions about it. It will be strictly lists and in my store for at least a few months. Most of the records won't be on a public set sale either, since I have a lot of private people I deal with on that kind of stuff. I just wanted to give people, on the boards, a chance to let me know if there was something you were after because I will likely have it.

For the record: I WILL NOT HAVE THE THREE DUDES. :lol: BUT... I will have the Equasions and more like that. It will take a while to sort through the haul.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!