NORTHERN SOUL & MOTOWN

SPECIAL RE UNION ALL DAYER

@PALAIS DE DANSE - NOTTINGHAM

(now called OCEANA), Greyfrier Gate, Nottingham NG1 7EF

EASTER BANK HOLIDAY MONDAY APRIL 13TH 2009

12:00 MIDDAY UNTIL 12:00 MIDNIGHT

LIVE ON STAGE

***'RUBY ANDREWS'***

PLUS SPECIAL GUEST DJ'S AND FEATURING SOME OF 'PALAIS' PAST FAVOURITES..............

(SEE MAIN WEBSITE FOR FULL LIST OF DJ'S)

DJ'S WILL BE SPREAD OVER THREE ROOMS & SPINNING YOU THE VERY BEST OF 'NORTHERN SOUL'

AND TO CELEBRATE 50 YEARS OF MOTOWN OUR DJ'S WILL BE SPINNING CLASSIC MOTOWN AND UNDERPLAYED MOTOWN

TICKETS £15.00

FOR INFORMATION/TICKET SALES CONTACT:

0791 739 0629 OR 0792 000 4593

looking forward to this be great to be back at old palias :lol::lol:

hey andy like the new flyer think it's time to push this big time :P

Thank You Steve......

and deffo :huh: .................. flyers/posters and new tickets back from the printers this week......................

if you cant make the 'Brit' we will post some out to you.... :unsure::lol:

Tracey n Andy

Thank You Steve......

and deffo :) .................. flyers/posters and new tickets back from the printers this week......................

if you cant make the 'Brit' we will post some out to you.... :thumbup::lol:

Tracey n Andy

Tracey

met a couple of friends of yours and Andys at Clarendon club last night

they sat on the next table to us all evening

they said theyre coming to The Brit

They'll be able to tell you what a dancefloor animal I am LOL :)

PS didnt catch their names (dunmbass) :lol:

Tracey

met a couple of friends of yours and Andys at Clarendon club last night

they sat on the next table to us all evening

they said theyre coming to The Brit

They'll be able to tell you what a dancefloor animal I am LOL :boxing:

PS didnt catch their names (dunmbass) :boxing:

:boxing::shades: INTRIGUED... :boxing:

NORTHERN SOUL & MOTOWN

(now called OCEANA), Lower Parliament Street, Nottingham

LIVE ON STAGE

***'RUBY ANDREWS'*** & ***THE FALCONS***

PLUS SPECIAL GUEST DJ'S AND FEATURING SOME OF 'PALAIS' PAST FAVOURITES..............

DJ'S WILL BE SPREAD OVER THREE ROOMS & SPINNING YOU THE VERY BEST OF 'NORTHERN SOUL'

AND TO CELEBRATE 50 YEARS OF MOTOWN OUR DJ'S WILL BE SPINNING CLASSIC MOTOWN AND UNDERPLAYED MOTOWN

TICKETS £15.00

This is a ticket only event..

TICKETS SELLING HERE IN "SKEGGY" FOR THIS EVENT.

:rolleyes: :thumbsup: HOT OFF THE PRESS..... :thumbup::D

'THE FALCONS'.............

WILL BE APPEARING AT THE PALAIS ALONGSIDE 'RUBY ANDREWS'

.....TICKETS NOW ON SALE........

.......£15 each........

*please note that this is a TICKET ONLY EVENT.......

Nice to see The Falcons back on thumbsup.gif Really looking forward to this and for £15 its a bargin...ive put me sick note in at work already :D

Nice to see The Falcons back on :wave: Really looking forward to this and for £15 its a bargin...ive put me sick note in at work already :(

Me too.................

Tracey n Andy

Edited by Bettyboop
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest soul bandit

(quote)

JUST WANNA SAY A GREAT BIG :thumbsup: "THANX" :thumbup:

TO MR T-BONE... :lamsey:

REALLY LOOKING FORWARD TO YOU COMING OVER...

:pirate::lol:ph34r.gif Andy xx

Edited by soul bandit

Ticket line hotting up.........................

nice to see people are travelling and staying overnight in our great city...................

remember to book hotel rooms early for great bargains..................

people are travelling from cornwall, northants, leicester, nottinghamshire to name but a few but the furthest has to be Australia................ thank you for your support....

Tracey n Andy

x

Edited by Bettyboop

Ticket line hotting up.........................

nice to see people are travelling and staying overnight in our great city...................

remember to book hotel rooms early for great bargains..................

people are travelling from cornwall, northants, leicester, nottinghamshire to name but a few but the furthest has to be Australia................ thank you for your support....

Tracey n Andy

x

hI

Tickets also available from Driving Beat Souol Club at the Stute this Saturday 21 Feb see events. KTF Bryn

NORTHERN SOUL & MOTOWN

(now called OCEANA), Lower Parliament Street, Nottingham

LIVE ON STAGE

***'RUBY ANDREWS'*** & ***THE FALCONS***

TICKETS £15.00

This is a ticket only event..

Tickets also available from Driving Beat Souol Club at the Stute this Saturday 21 Feb see events. KTF Bryn

Thank you Bryn/Driving Beat Soul Club at the Stute........

see you soon :thumbsup:

Tracey n Andy

Thank you Bryn/Driving Beat Soul Club at the Stute........

see you soon :thumbup:

Tracey n Andy

I will second that. C'mon all you fellow soulies GET BEHIND THIS FANTASTIC EVENT. Over 2000 hit's on the original thread so i know there are a lot of interested folk out there. If you went to the Palais in the 70's you will know it was THE NUMBER ONE alldayer. I never missed one and am travelling 12000 miles back to the great place to be part of the reunion. Forget the politics, after all it's a bloody soul event. Your a long time dead. With 2 fantastic live acts promised it's a bargain at 15 pounds and yes i am deejaying for FREE plus paying all my own flights and expenses. There's enough shite going on in the world without bitching about who runs events. If it's in your blood it's there for good. Reckon that's nuff said. Get your tickets booked, Tracy and Andy have put their hearts and SOUL into making this a great memorable day. See yas in 6 weeks at THE PALAIS REUNION. Tony T BONE Edgley. Western Australia. K.T.F.

I will second that. C'mon all you fellow soulies GET BEHIND THIS FANTASTIC EVENT. Over 2000 hit's on the original thread so i know there are a lot of interested folk out there. If you went to the Palais in the 70's you will know it was THE NUMBER ONE alldayer. I never missed one and am travelling 12000 miles back to the great place to be part of the reunion. Forget the politics, after all it's a bloody soul event. Your a long time dead. With 2 fantastic live acts promised it's a bargain at 15 pounds and yes i am deejaying for FREE plus paying all my own flights and expenses. There's enough shite going on in the world without bitching about who runs events. If it's in your blood it's there for good. Reckon that's nuff said. Get your tickets booked, Tracy and Andy have put their hearts and SOUL into making this a great memorable day. See yas in 6 weeks at THE PALAIS REUNION. Tony T BONE Edgley. Western Australia. K.T.F.

I third that..i think Tony T says it all.......12000 ohmy.gif and there are some that wont travel a couple of miles for one reason or another :lol: I hoping that they are keeping the Motown room thumbsup.gif

I third that..i think Tony T says it all.......12000 :ohmy: and there are some that wont travel a couple of miles for one reason or another :no: I hoping that they are keeping the Motown room :thumbsup:

Many thanks for that mate. The distance is no problem, i'm coming over to be part of something REALLY SPECIAL. We all know it's gonna have it's knockers ( no pun intended ) just like the Wigan reunion did 2 years ago for which i did return i might add and thouroughly enjoyed. There were some 1200 there who had a great time. We have to realise we're not getting any younger and what's important here is that the promoters Tracy and Andy have worked really hard to get this off the ground and may make a loss from it but that has'nt deterred them from going ahead full steam. Any locals to Nottingham and the surrounding areas will lose out if they ain't there on the 13th of April. Still pleanty of time to get tickets, you know it's gonna be awesome. As we say here SO MUCH SOUL SO LITTLE TIME. Get ready!!!!! Tony T BONE. OZ. K.T.F.

Many thanks for that mate. The distance is no problem, i'm coming over to be part of something REALLY SPECIAL. We all know it's gonna have it's knockers ( no pun intended ) just like the Wigan reunion did 2 years ago for which i did return i might add and thouroughly enjoyed. There were some 1200 there who had a great time. We have to realise we're not getting any younger and what's important here is that the promoters Tracy and Andy have worked really hard to get this off the ground and may make a loss from it but that has'nt deterred them from going ahead full steam. Any locals to Nottingham and the surrounding areas will lose out if they ain't there on the 13th of April. Still pleanty of time to get tickets, you know it's gonna be awesome. As we say here SO MUCH SOUL SO LITTLE TIME. Get ready!!!!! Tony T BONE. OZ. K.T.F.

No probs..i think you may notice a few changes in the old Palais...its seen a few in the last few years..must 6-7 years since i last went in so looking forward to seeing it again.

thumbsup.gif Thanks Tony......................... ..........

Tracey n Andy

Edited by Bettyboop

I third that..i think Tony T says it all.......12000 ohmy.gif and there are some that wont travel a couple of miles for one reason or another :lol: I hoping that they are keeping the Motown room :P

.....We sure are JIM.. rolleyes.gif .........

We got some fantastic DJ's lined up all of which have awesome Motown collections....guaranteed to deliver both the well known tracks and underplayed.........

Ms BOOP :D

.....We sure are JIM.. :unsure: .........

We got some fantastic DJ's lined up all of which have awesome Motown collections....guaranteed to deliver both the well known tracks and underplayed.........

Ms BOOP :unsure: hi andy ' tracey well not long now like already been said this was the number one alldayer can remember the queue going all the way down the bottom end of parliment street be nice to see that again as for politices well look at the states the countries in enough said :unsure:

Steve..... Me n Andy were discussing the Palais when we were going through the DJ line up.....

He remembers DJing at the Palais with you...........

Many a memory does this great venue hold for many people..... biggrin.gif .............

Ms Boop

Steve..... Me n Andy were discussing the Palais when we were going through the DJ line up.....

He remembers DJing at the Palais with you...........

Many a memory does this great venue hold for many people..... :D .............

Ms Boop

Sure does for me Tracy. Waiting to get in on them cold windy Sunday's and then rushing onto the dancefloor once we had paid. Nice bogs too, alway's smelt heavily of Brut. Can see the coloured guy's in the left hand corner by the stage supplying the gear dressed in their long leather coats. Funny how they never danced eh?? Loved the red settees and a pint of lager shandy from the bar on the right. Downstairs all jazz funk, strange dress codes and a spinning dancefloor..BRILLIANT, just can't wait to step back in the place even though it's all changed now. You've done yourselves proud organising the reunion, it's gonna be the best of 2009. Looking forward to spinning some stunners, Al Williams, Dave Charles, Al Gardner, Billy Hines, Lou Pride. Bring it on !!!!!!!!!

See you soon, Tony T BONE. The Aussie Invader. K.T.F.

Sure does for me Tracy. Waiting to get in on them cold windy Sunday's and then rushing onto the dancefloor once we had paid. Nice bogs too, alway's smelt heavily of Brut. Can see the coloured guy's in the left hand corner by the stage supplying the gear dressed in their long leather coats. Funny how they never danced eh?? Loved the red settees and a pint of lager shandy from the bar on the right. Downstairs all jazz funk, strange dress codes and a spinning dancefloor..BRILLIANT, just can't wait to step back in the place even though it's all changed now. You've done yourselves proud organising the reunion, it's gonna be the best of 2009. Looking forward to spinning some stunners, Al Williams, Dave Charles, Al Gardner, Billy Hines, Lou Pride. Bring it on !!!!!!!!!

See you soon, Tony T BONE. The Aussie Invader. K.T.F.

You mean this dancefloor & strange dress code ??????

post-8847-1235496391_thumb.jpg

You mean this dancefloor & strange dress code ??????

That photo looks a bit before my time by the clothes they are wearing. The strange dress code i'm refering to is Zoot narrow leg trousers and Jelly Bean plastic sandals. Great for the beach but buggers to dance in speshly if you tried to spin, usually ended in a twisted knee. Sadly i have'nt got mine now but still got the baggies and will be wearing them with pride on the 13th. The bali hi looks fabulous now, will i be deejaying in there as well?? OOOOOOOHHHHH i just can't wait, it's gonna be a big thing.

Ticket sales must be hotting up now. Keep positive. See yas soon. Tony T BONE OZ.

That photo looks a bit before my time by the clothes they are wearing. The strange dress code i'm refering to is Zoot narrow leg trousers and Jelly Bean plastic sandals. Great for the beach but buggers to dance in speshly if you tried to spin, usually ended in a twisted knee. Sadly i have'nt got mine now but still got the baggies and will be wearing them with pride on the 13th. The bali hi looks fabulous now, will i be deejaying in there as well?? OOOOOOOHHHHH i just can't wait, it's gonna be a big thing.

Ticket sales must be hotting up now. Keep positive. See yas soon. Tony T BONE OZ.

....Tony have you seen the other rooms..............?????

and ....talking about TICKETS :lol: anyone listen to AMBER RADIO

last night ???????????

and ....talking about TICKETS rolleyes.gif anyone listen to AMBER RADIO

last night ???????????

Yes i put it up on google and the place looks FANTASTIC. Crikey how many sleeps is it now, i'm getting itchy feet???????????????????????????????????????????

Stay soulful, Tony T BONE The Aussie Invader. K.T.F.

Yes i put it up on google and the place looks FANTASTIC. Crikey how many sleeps is it now, i'm getting itchy feet???????????????????????????????????????????

Hi tony you dont know two expats from notts who now live in ozz lee garnett and steve parker do you , both from long eaton originally used to go down the brit and palias in the old days before they upped sticks for ozz saw lee about 7 years ago down the palias when k.r. ran the nights thumbup.gif:thumbup:

we'll have the old place rockin big time again :(:(thumbup.gif

Edited by speedlimit

:g: It sure does......... we are there over the weekend and will be taking some pictures ourselves...... will post them out to you............... sure does look good........ especially the ballroom.................

we have another big artist lined up. :lol: .. depending on ticket sales :D and capacity in the ballroom..... hence we are down there over the weekend................. hectic weekend for us................ DJing saturday night too....................

cant wait to see you and your good lady again Tony..............

Stay Safe.............. see ya very soon....... :) ........

Tracey n Andy x

Guest soul bandit

Hi tony you dont know two expats from notts who now live in ozz lee garnett and steve parker do you , both from long eaton originally used to go down the brit and palias in the old days before they upped sticks for ozz saw lee about 7 years ago down the palias when k.r. ran the nights thumbup.gif:P

we'll have the old place rockin big time again :Pthumbup.gif:lol:

HI MATE... I DON'T THEM TWO BUT I KNOW TWO BLOKES CALLED..."ALF GARNETT & NOSEY PARKER" WHO LIVE IN WATFORD LOL... ATB... ANDY :wub::D:lol:

and ....talking about TICKETS :shades: anyone listen to AMBER RADIO

last night ???????????

iya betty i heard you both on amber fm while working? on nites . the sharpetts top tune !! little anthony coming to nottingham !!!!!!

iya betty i heard you both on amber fm while working? on nites . the sharpetts top tune !! little anthony coming to nottingham !!!!!!

tickets for this venue for the EAST ANGLIA AREA can be obtained via me either pm me on here or call me on

07791060169 or after 5pm on 01480417015 will be out and about next few weeks at various venues as well gonna be the best venue this year come on Notts lot get behind this forget the politices lifes to short :shades::lol::P

Sharpetts ... rolleyes.gif ..............awesome record...........................little anthony is dependent on ticket sales as stated as they dont come cheap....... but boy it will be worth it...., so still working on.................

NEW TICKET OUTLETS....................

Selectadisc - Market Street nottingham........

Del : Nubiansoulsis................ PM Del

Oceana (Palais) will be selling tickets towards the end of next week....... via their website.................

Yes , is it still a secret about you know who :thumbsup:

Hiya Mak.......

not a secret.... but like we said on the radio .... this is dependent on ticket sales........ not a ploy either to sell more tickets ..... they are costly and we need to cover costs............ they are excited and want to do this gig................ so iam afraid that tickets must sell first and the quicker the better as they are waiting in the wings.........................

Tracey n Andy

Guest soul bandit

tickets for this venue for the EAST ANGLIA AREA can be obtained via me either pm me on here or call me on

07791060169 or after 5pm on 01480417015 will be out and about next few weeks at various venues as well gonna be the best venue this year come on Notts lot get behind this forget the politices lifes to short :):D:g:

hi steve mate... sorry i been ages but i'll bell you later in the week... atb Andy :)

Yes , is it still a secret about you know who :lol:

THE NEWS IS OUT WE DO HAVE LITTLE ANTHONY & THE IMPERIALS ON THE LINE UP............................

LIMITED AMOUNT OF TICKETS THOUGH AND THEY ARE SELLING FAST..................................... RECEIVED A REQUEST FOR TICKETS FROM THAILAND ohmy.gif

AN UPTO DATE LIST OF TICKET OUTLETS WILL BE POSTED LATER TODAY & DJ LINE UP BEING FINALISED THIS WEEK............... ONLY A FEW AMENDMENTS FROM THE ORIGINAL DJ LINE UP ANNOUNCED IN OCTOBER......

A BIG THANK YOU TO THOSE OUT THERE WHO HAVE BEEN HELPING US WITH PROMOTING (DISTRIBUTING FLYERS, TICKET SELLERS ETC)......... WE REALLY APPRECIATE THE HELP AND SUPPORT THAT YOU HAVE CONTINUED TO GIVE US ........

Tracey n Andy

THE NEWS IS OUT WE DO HAVE LITTLE ANTHONY & THE IMPERIALS ON THE LINE UP............................

Wicked news. if that clip is owt to go by then Palais roof will be off

:thumbup: that clip gives us goosebumps............... talking with clarence and eric gives us goosebumps.............. can you imagine LAI in our home town how big will the goosebumps be................ unsure.gif ....................... cant wait........................ hows Di took the news................ Di.... where are ya........

Special limited package available to order..........

LAI's new CD handed to you and signed by LAI in the VIP lounge (£20) advance sales only.................. if you would like to pre order this please email us at palaisevent@live.co.uk

Tracey N Andy

JUST TO LET YOU KNOW THAT IF YOU ARE A 'SCOTTISH SOUL SOURCER' (PHILLY) IS OUR SCOTTISH (REPRESENTATIVE)

TICKET SUPPLIER

PLEASE EMAIL PHYLLISHORN@YAHOO.CO.UK for details.......

Thanks again Philly........................ your support is greatly appreciated...... cant wait to get to meet you too...............

warm wishes

Tracey n Andy

JUST TO LET YOU KNOW THAT IF YOU ARE A 'SCOTTISH SOUL SOURCER' (PHILLY) IS OUR SCOTTISH (REPRESENTATIVE)

TICKET SUPPLIER

PLEASE EMAIL PHYLLISHORN@YAHOO.CO.UK for details.......

Thanks again Philly........................ your support is greatly appreciated...... cant wait to get to meet you too...............

warm wishes

Tracey n Andy

'

Thanks Tracey..... only too happy to help, not long now. :g:

Guest Fatius Bumius

Wicked news. if that clip is owt to go by then Palais roof will be off

:thumbup: that clip gives us goosebumps............... talking with clarence and eric gives us goosebumps.............. can you imagine LAI in our home town how big will the goosebumps be................ :D ....................... cant wait........................ hows Di took the news................ Di.... where are ya........

Special limited package available to order..........

LAI's new CD handed to you and signed by LAI in the VIP lounge (£20) advance sales only.................. if you would like to pre order this please email us at palaisevent@live.co.uk

Tracey N Andy

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee hawwwww yeeeeeeeeeeeee hawwwwww underlay.....or somat like that :ohmy: I've taken the news lying down.... :thumbup: Big bumps indeed :g: I'll be stood there blubbing like the rest of 'em.

The best thing to hit Nottingham since Robin Hood galloped through Sherwood Forest in his green tights :wicked:

I might make a statue of Little Anthony and put him next to Brian Clough near the Market Square :ohmy: