Cancelled

Guest Fatius Bumius

Anyone else think it a little odd that the promoters of this event haven't been on to post?

Nice to see you at the weekend Steve... albeit only a wave across the dance floor :D

No, not really. They went to Prestatyn at late notice, returned and got back into work mode I should imagine, as well as sorting out the finer details for LAI appearance.

PM them Joan if you're worried :lol::D

• Replies 184
  • Views 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

No, not really. They went to Prestatyn at late notice, returned and got back into work mode I should imagine, as well as sorting out the finer details for LAI appearance.

PM them Joan if you're worried :lol::D

Ha ha... worried? Behave FB :D

For an event of biblical proportions as this is I can't understand how any promoter can't post on their own event thread.

Is it normal for promoters to ignore people's questions about an event or leave it up to people who have absolutely nothing to do with the promoting of the event to post instead of them?

Surely they should keep people up to date with what's happening?

Saying that, there doesn't seem to be any questions for them to answer. And going by the tone of some of the replys on here I can understand why.

Guest Fatius Bumius

Ha ha... worried? Behave FB :D

For an event of biblical proportions as this is I can't understand how any promoter can't post on their own event thread.

Is it normal for promoters to ignore people's questions about an event or leave it up to people who have absolutely nothing to do with the promoting of the event to post instead of them?

Saying that, there doesn't seem to be any questions for them to answer. And going by the tone of some of the replys on here I can understand why.

________________________________________________________________________________

_________

I'm sure they'll be on here with any updates or information. For them to keep coming on here and knocking the Palais event up themselves, "bump bump bump" would surely get a reaction from some, i.e. a bad one...There's a link to the Palais Alldayer website for anyone wanting info, tickets, updated when necessary etc etc.

There are more ways of advertising than Soul-Source, although SS is an excellent promoting tool. Perhaps they are busy with other forms of advertising, and as you may understand an event of this scale is a big one to organise, a lot goes on behind the scenes. It's not possible to be on Soul-Source 24/7 :D

Questions...fire away, PM them, and I'm sure you'll get the answer you're looking for :lol: If you had any particular question you wanted answering you could have asked them to their face over the weekend, they were stood at the side of you!! :D:lol:

How come my post up there ^^ has got twiddled up with yours ? :lol: How I manage that?

Edited by Fatius Bumius

Questions...fire away, PM them, and I'm sure you'll get the answer you're looking for If you had any particular question you wanted answering you could have asked them to their face over the weekend, they were stood at the side of you!!

I am aware of that now. I did wonder at the time who those really approachable and friendly people were :lol:

Anyway, seeings as they knew who I was, why didn't they come and speak to me?

Surely as promoters they should be the ones going out of their way to answer peoples questions? It is their hard earned money they are after at the end of the day!

Guest Fatius Bumius

I am aware of that now. I did wonder at the time who those really approachable and friendly people were :lol:Yes, they are friendly people :D(and i'm not being sarcastic in my sentence either :lol: )

Anyway, seeings as they knew who I was, why didn't they come and speak to me? And say what? It's not them with the questions that need answering :lol: "Oh Hello Joan, sorry to hear you don't want to come to see LAI, but come over here we may be able to persuade you?"

Surely as promoters they should be the ones going out of their way to answer peoples questions? It is their hard earned money they are after at the end of the day! No questions of late have been left unanswered on here I don't think...or have they ?

Joan, what exactly is it you wish to know? PM them, ring them, there's a phone number to contact them.

Why didn't they speak to you... Why didn't you speak to them, you knew who they were, ? :D Ask 'em!!! But please stop nit-picking ! :lol:

I'm beginning to lose the will.............. :D

Joan, what exactly is it you wish to know? PM them, ring them, there's a phone number to contact them.

Why didn't they speak to you... Why didn't you speak to them, you knew who they were, ? :D Ask 'em!!! But please stop nit-picking ! :D

I'm beginning to lose the will.............. :lol:

I did not know who they were.

I'm sorry FB, I know you mean well, but it really is not your place to answer these questions.

I have friends who have tickets for this event, who will be travelling a long way, and they would like to know exactly what is going on. As I am sure lots of people do.

It was posted on here that 1500 tickets needed to be sold before the event would definitely go ahead.

Have enough tickets been sold?

Is the event definitely going ahead?

Anyway, why should I pm them? Is there a reason why they don't like things out in the open so to speak?

Surely it takes the same amount of time to answer a pm as it does to post an answer on here?

No nit picking there. Just perfectly reasonable questions.

Edited by jumpinjoan
Guest Fatius Bumius

I did not know who they were.

I'm sorry FB, I know you mean well, but it really is not your place to answer these questions.

I have friends who have tickets for this event, who will be travelling a long way, and they would like to know exactly what is going on. As I am sure lots of people do.

It was posted on here that 1500 tickets needed to be sold before the event would definitely go ahead.

Anyway, why should I pm them? Is there a reason why they don't like things out in the open so to speak?

Surely it takes the same amount of time to answer a pm as it does to post an answer on here?

No nit picking there. Just perfectly reasonable questions.

Firstly Joan, I am not EMPLOYED by them nor anyone else for that matter. I for one can't wait to see LAI perform live, and being in my own city, that's even better. It's not that often we here in Nottingham get a treat like this!!

I post on here to keep some positivity to this thread. As soon as one post comes on that is negative, there's a lot more that follow, and before you know it everything goes pear shaped don't you agree? Surely that's not good for a thread in Events Talk (read the Events Talk Guidelines)

: 5. Promoters - The forums are supposed to be about soul fans talking about soul events they are interested in. Promoters are asked to focus their posts on actual news/info about the event and leave the talking to the soul fans.

I am a soul fan, and I am talking about a soul event. The Promoters, no doubt will focus their posts on actual news/info about the event when there is something to tell the paying customer, or questions that need answering. As you are aware, the thread has been quiet of late due to the Prestatyn weekender. I'm sure normal service will resume shortly and they will be on with any updates.

G'Nite. x

Edited by Fatius Bumius
Guest Fatius Bumius

For God's sake. I have not been the least bit negative.

You are the one with the attitude.

Please ask your friends if they would be so kind as to come on here when they have a minute to let everyone know what is happening.

Thanks.

Your first question that started all this off was ' Anyone else think it a little odd that the promoters of this event haven't been on to post?

Why odd? Why ask ? Do you ask on other events where the promoters not been on for 2 or 3 days? Just wondering. :g: I explained, and got another 40 questions, explain a bit more, get a the 3rd degree, ....then I get told not to bother answering... then I'm employed by them... where's me wages? :shades:

Attitude :D:rolleyes: That told me didn't it, pmsl here! Oh dear... me ? :D I'm sure i'll get over it hahaha.

Yes, I will get in touch with them tomorrow and ask them to come on here with an update

ATB

Di

Fat Bum has gone to sit on the Naughty Step for 42 minutes :shades:

Yes 'attitude' was maybe a little strong. :D I apologise for that.

I know you mean well... but it really shouldn't be left up to you should it?

So if you could please ask them to come on and let people know what is happening that would be great. :rolleyes:

Edited by jumpinjoan

Ha ha... worried? Behave FB :rolleyes:

Oh c'mon Joan let's be fair about all this. The promoters have been doing all they can to get their showcase event off the ground and we all know how hard it is to keep everyone happy, very nai IMPOSSIBLE

Surely by some of the replies they have been getting form the soul knockers it's no small wonder they are reluctant to add their twopenneth worth to a debate that has all the makings of a vipers nest. They were at Prestatyn to promote their showcase event and to generate more ticket sales. There are other promoters in the U.K. that are also helping with ticket sales, good on em. I don't want to upset the apple cart, suffice to say i am travelling 12000 miles to be a part of the soul scene's history in a venue that holds many fond memories for me plus i will get to see some top artists doing their stuff AND i will be guest deejaying in the main room. Not trying to blow my own trumpet, just really excited about it that's all. Am i right in thinking you are not gonna be there anyway ?? Shame as you will miss a memorable day, so consider changing your mind. You never know you just might enjoy it. Stay soulful, Tony T BONE. OZ.

Oh c'mon Joan let's be fair about all this. The promoters have been doing all they can to get their showcase event off the ground and we all know how hard it is to keep everyone happy, very nai IMPOSSIBLE

Surely by some of the replies they have been getting form the soul knockers it's no small wonder they are reluctant to add their twopenneth worth to a debate that has all the makings of a vipers nest. They were at Prestatyn to promote their showcase event and to generate more ticket sales. There are other promoters in the U.K. that are also helping with ticket sales, good on em. I don't want to upset the apple cart, suffice to say i am travelling 12000 miles to be a part of the soul scene's history in a venue that holds many fond memories for me plus i will get to see some top artists doing their stuff AND i will be guest deejaying in the main room. Not trying to blow my own trumpet, just really excited about it that's all. Am i right in thinking you are not gonna be there anyway ?? Shame as you will miss a memorable day, so consider changing your mind. You never know you just might enjoy it. Stay soulful, Tony T BONE. OZ.

I tried that once and was off sick for six weeks :rolleyes::wave::lol:

Hi Tony,

I am not knocking anyone. I pray to God this event happens because if it doesn't it will only look bad on anyone from the UK who wants to bring acts over in the future.

I have been asked by friends who have tickets for this event to get confirmation that Little Anthony will definitely be appearing as they are not members on here.

Surely you don't think it unreasonable to expect some reassurance from the organisers with regards to all this?

After all some people are travelling a long way... no one more than you.

Guest southpaw

had a look on Little Anthony's Myspace page.

There is a list of all his up & coming shows... but no Notts Palais :D

Anyway, my friends have had enough and want to know how to get a refund for their tickets please?

Tell them to ring the promoters ask for a refund ,must say though IMO you've had a real downer on this event is there a reason for this?

Guest southpaw

no ones had a downer on the event

the promoters have got there mates to answer questions which mostly havent been answered

:huh:

Fair enough Toad :D

Guest Officer Dibble

I have Just purchased a ticket for this event at prestatyn and i have just read the threads on it ,my observations are that the people who are not attending and seem to have no intnetion of purchasing tickets seem to be the one's who are causing all the commotion. This could be taken by the promotors as an intention to sabotage the event , as stated earlier promoting a venue of this magnitude takes up a lot of time so im sure if there's anything to tell the promoters will let us know. :D

I have Just purchased a ticket for this event at prestatyn and i have just read the threads on it ,my observations are that the people who are not attending and seem to have no intnetion of purchasing tickets seem to be the one's who are causing all the commotion. This could be taken by the promotors as an intention to sabotage the event , as stated earlier promoting a venue of this magnitude takes up a lot of time so im sure if there's anything to tell the promoters will let us know. :D

NO ONES SABATAGING THE EVENT

REREAD THE EVENT FROM THE START MIGHT HAVE LA IF WE CAN SELL 1500 TICKETS

WHAT CARNT YOU LOT UNDERSTAND

JOANS BEEN ASKING VALID QUESTIONS !

OK one or two things I need to say, I have just got of the phone to a very reliable source who has just spoke to LA, and LA is very concerned, they have received no deposit and no contracts have been signed, he says it looks very doubtful that this event is going to happen, he has said that Tracey and Andy are real fans of theirs but they have no experience in promoting something like this, their is 3 weeks to go till this event they have to pay the amount in full before they will come.They are also considering other offers of gigs that are coming there way due to their inauguration into the hall of fame, that they cant afford to ignore.

Now I'm very worried so can TRACEY & ANDY explain this please sad.gif

OK one or two things I need to say, I have just got of the phone to a very reliable source who has just spoke to LA, and LA is very concerned, they have received no deposit and no contracts have been signed, he says it looks very doubtful that this event is going to happen, he has said that Tracey and Andy are real fans of theirs but they have no experience in promoting something like this, their is 3 weeks to go till this event they have to pay the amount in full before they will come.They are also considering other offers of gigs that are coming there way due to their inauguration into the hall of fame, that they cant afford to ignore.

Now I'm very worried so can TRACEY & ANDY explain this please :yes:

If this is true and they definitely are not coming... why on earth haven't these two been on and told people?

More's the point... why are they still selling tickets? angry.gif

Edited by jumpinjoan

Hi Tony,

I am not knocking anyone. I pray to God this event happens because if it doesn't it will only look bad on anyone from the UK who wants to bring acts over in the future.

I have been asked by friends who have tickets for this event to get confirmation that Little Anthony will definitely be appearing as they are not members on here.

Surely you don't think it unreasonable to expect some reassurance from the organisers with regards to all this?

After all some people are travelling a long way... no one more than you.

Have spoken with the organisers and they will be answering all your questions very shortly. Tony T BONE.

Very concerned for all involved both organising this event and the people who bought tickets in good faith expecting to see Little Anthony.

I was more than aware of costs involved which can spiral out of control dramatically especially where groups are concerned. The ticket price was NEVER going to recoup the costs on staging this.

However it appears that Little Anthony is not coming this time (shame) so Tracey and Andy please just stand up and take it on the chin, it's hard but your paying guest have a right to know ASAP whats going on, especially those who are travelling long distances.

All you have to do is issue a statement saying whats happened/ happening.

Regards

Rob Wigley

Very concerned for all involved both organising this event and the people who bought tickets in good faith expecting to see Little Anthony.

I was more than aware of costs involved which can spiral out of control dramatically especially where groups are concerned. The ticket price was NEVER going to recoup the costs on staging this.

However it appears that Little Anthony is not coming this time (shame) so Tracey and Andy please just stand up and take it on the chin, it's hard but your paying guest have a right to know ASAP whats going on, especially those who are travelling long distances.

All you have to do is issue a statement saying whats happened/ happening.

Regards

Rob Wigley

Hiya Rob, I spoke with Tracy yesterday and she will be answering everyones questions very shortly mate.

Stay soulful, Tony T BONE Edgley, Perth Western Australia.

OK - let me start to shed some more light in this topic.

You can take what I say with a bit more validity then those that are 'speculating' because I am part of LAI. I am the groups touring bassist.

I posted here previously - and was looking forward to coming here and helping in the promotion of the event, but alas that will not happen.

The QUICK answer for those that are looking for it is... LAI will NOT be performing at The Palais on April 13.

As for why Tracey and Andy haven't been on the boards to answer questions about this -- it's probably becasue they were trying to do anything they could to make the date happen.

No one in LAI harbors any bad feelings towards them and I hope the people here aren't too tough on them.

They are NOT promoters... we knew that from the start - but they do truly LOVE the music and were trying to do something that hadn't been done before. Even though they were enthusiastic - I think their inexperience in promoting an event quickly caught up to them - and then spiraled out of control.

I have been in regular contact with Tracey - and we were trying to do all we could to work out necessary details - but as mentioned by a few people here there is A LOT that goes into planning any event - especially one that involves bringing a group the size of LAI to the UK.

Rest assured LAI 'WILL COME TO THE UK' - just not in April. We have been in contact with other promoters and people at radio stations and magazines - so we know even the 'mention' of LAI coming there has created quite a buzz. I know there are some other promoters that frequent the boards here as well, so if any of you want to contact us -- feel free to do so. Heck we want to play the UK as much as you guys will have us! Anyone promoting shows elsewhere in Europe... once we're accross the ocean - why not play more dates in Europe?? I can be reached at promo@littleanthonyandtheimperials.net

So - again - it is with deep regret that I say LAI WILL NOT BE PERFORMING AT THE PALAIS ON APRIL 13.

I'm sure Tracey and Andy will be on to update people on refunds, etc.

I'll again ask people to not be too tough on them. Yes, they tried to do something that was a bit too big for them... and they are now paying the price. I know that they postponed their wedding to do this, and that they were 'just trying to break even' from the event - just so they could bring LAI there. Unfortunately, that may have been their biggest problem.

So we're dissappointed - I know those that had tickets are disappointed - and I know Tracey and Andy are not only disappointed - but feel sick about it... so try to take it easy on them.

It's people like them that LOVE soul music so much that make us really want to come there - and we will! One of the other things that Tracey was working to make sure of - was that we played some of the songs that are not part of our normal show -- and we were working on adding a couple to the set that night.

To any promoters that are planning to bring us over there... I think Tracey and Andy can be a great help in getting the word out and helping you promote the event once details are worked out... they LOVE soul music - but they're not promoters.

Now that I am a member here - I know where to come when we do have a UK show confirmed.

Thanx for 'listening'

Eric Mauriello - LAI touring bassist

Edited by LAI promo

You can take what I say with a bit more validity then those that are 'speculating' because I am part of LAI. I am the groups touring bassist.

I posted here previously - and was looking forward to coming here and helping in the promotion of the event, but alas that will not happen.

The QUICK answer for those that are looking for it is... LAI will NOT be performing at The Palais on April 13.

As for why Tracey and Andy haven't been on the boards to answer questions about this -- it's probably becasue they were trying to do anything they could to make the date happen.

No one in LAI harbors any bad feelings towards them and I hope the people here aren't too tough on them.

They are NOT promoters... we knew that from the start - but they do truly LOVE the music and were trying to do something that hadn't been done before. Even though they were enthusiastic - I think their inexperience in promoting an event quickly caught up to them - and then spiraled out of control.

I have been in regular contact with Tracey - and we were trying to do all we could to work out necessary details - but as mentioned by a few people here there is A LOT that goes into planning any event - especially one that involves bringing a group the size of LAI to the UK.

Rest assured LAI 'WILL COME TO THE UK' - just not in April. We have been in contact with other promoters and people at radio stations and magazines - so we know even the 'mention' of LAI coming there has created quite a buzz. I know there are some other promoters that frequent the boards here as well, so if any of you want to contact us -- feel free to do so. Heck we want to play the UK as much as you guys will have us! Anyone promoting shows elsewhere in Europe... once we're accross the ocean - why not play more dates in Europe?? I can be reached at promo@littleanthonyandtheimperials.net

So - again - it is with deep regret that I say LAI WILL NOT BE PERFORMING AT THE PALAIS ON APRIL 13.

I'll again ask people to not be too tough on them. Yes, they tried to do something that was a bit too big for them... and they are now paying the price. I know that they postponed their wedding to do this, and that they were 'just trying to break even' from the event - just so they could bring LAI there. Unfortunately, that may have been their biggest problem.

So we're dissappointed - I know those that had tickets are disappointed - and I know Tracey and Andy are not only disappointed - but feel sick about it... so try to take it easy on them.

It's people like them that LOVE soul music so much that make us really want to come there - and we will! One of the other things that Tracey was working to make sure of - was that we played some of the songs that are not part of our normal show -- and we were working on adding a couple to the set that night.

To any promoters that are planning to bring us over there... I think Tracey and Andy can be a great help in getting the word out and helping you promote the event once details are worked out... they LOVE soul music - but they're not promoters.

Now that I am a member here - I know where to come when we do have a UK show confirmed.

Thanx for 'listening'

OH DEAR, WHAT A GREAT SHAME AND A LOSS TO THE U.K. FANS. ONWARD AND UPWARD. Tony E. OZ.

I was saddened to read that LAI won't be appearing at the reunion.

Its a great shame we wont get to meet and greet the group

I did however buy my tickets before the anouncement of any live acts and was still prepared to pay the £15 ticket fee for the reunion alone along with the great lineup of Djs whom I've come to know over the past 6 years so I will be attending regardless.

I know there are promoters on here that have done large events such as this.

Im pretty sure that most of them have lost out financially by attempting something of this nature...I take my hat off to them for sticking their necks out and their hard earned cash on the line to bring us something we want as lovers of this scene and music .... without them there'd be no whitby bridlington skeggy all of which get fantastic attendances.

I've attended events of large proportions similar to this and organising them is probably a massive headache

So I would still like to thank Tracey and Andy for attempting to bring the whole event to the midlands.

Well done for even trying

Mand thumbsup.gif

Thanx for 'listening'

Hi Eric

Good to hear from you again

I for one shall buy a ticket when you get a tour date in the uk :yes: as Im sure many others will do

I would also like to shake your hand for being such a reasonable and understanding guy.

Hopefully I shall see you soon when another promoter sticks their neck on the line and brings you over from the states.

Mand thumbsup.gif

I was saddened to read that LAI won't be appearing at the reunion.

Its a great shame we wont get to meet and greet the group

I did however buy my tickets before the anouncement of any live acts and was still prepared to pay the £15 ticket fee for the reunion alone along with the great lineup of Djs whom I've come to know over the past 6 years so I will be attending regardless.

I know there are promoters on here that have done large events such as this.

Im pretty sure that most of them have lost out financially by attempting something of this nature...I take my hat off to them for sticking their necks out and their hard earned cash on the line to bring us something we want as lovers of this scene and music .... without them there'd be no whitby bridlington skeggy all of which get fantastic attendances.

I've attended events of large proportions similar to this and organising them is probably a massive headache

So I would still like to thank Tracey and Andy for attempting to bring the whole event to the midlands.

Well done for even trying

Mand thumbsup.gif

Now that its all out in the open is the alldayer still going ahead and is Ruby Andrews still on

Guest TONY ROUNCE

Now that its all out in the open is the alldayer still going ahead and is Ruby Andrews still on

...Not according to the person that I bought my tickets from, it isn't.

Very bad form of the promoters not to have been on here by now, to tell everyone what's going on. C'mon guys, many of us have committed money. It would be the right thing to do to tell everyone whether or not there's a likelihood of getting it back...

Guest southpaw

Ha.. if I'd have said that I would have been putting a 'downer' on the thread! rolleyes.gif

ok point taken thumbsup.gif in my defence though I didn't know it was about to go tits up

ok point taken thumbsup.gif in my defence though I didn't know it was about to go tits up

To be fair, even if it hadn't gone tits up, I was only asking what many on here were wanting answers to.

Is it unreasonable to expect a promoter to come on and answer questions about an event they are organising?

I think not.

Thanx for 'listening'

To be fair,it was probably because of your post on another thread (see "all about the soul"),that prompted people to want to believe this was going to happen.

Up until then folk were very wary,but living in hope.The costs etc did'nt seem to add up,being inaugerated into the RnR Hall of Fame yet coming to England,it didn't help the Falcons being pulled.

Tracy and Andy...you need to come on here and clear this up. sad.gif

Have only just heard about this.......... I did send out an email to Tracey regarding my concerns and received an answer this morning.

I think it is a bloody shame that this has happened, but I dont believe in kicking a dog when its down.

Anyone who purchased tickets from me, get in contact, I have not forwarded the money for them, so will refund your ticket costs. As for the travel and hotel costs I am afraid we are stuck with them, myself included. T & A say they are not liable as we did not book any of these through them.

They have made massive mistakes and hopefully they will learn from them.

Philly

Have only just heard about this.......... I did send out an email to Tracey regarding my concerns and received an answer this morning.

I think it is a bloody shame that this has happened, but I dont believe in kicking a dog when its down.

Anyone who purchased tickets from me, get in contact, I have not forwarded the money for them, so will refund your ticket costs. As for the travel and hotel costs I am afraid we are stuck with them, myself included. T & A say they are not liable as we did not book any of these through them.

They have made massive mistakes and hopefully they will learn from them.

Philly

Hi Philly,no-one's kicking a dog when its down.Spoke to T&A at Prestatyn,things seemed to be going well.

They just need to speak for themselves.

Not knocking or kicking, would just like to know what's happening with the dayer. I think several thought this was too good to be true. Sorry your efforts have fallen flat but you have to let people know what's happening with the rest of the plans.

ring ring................. ring ring........ erm hello, can we speak to the Falcons please :lol:

I would like to know if the all dayer is still going to happen

Ive booked a hotel and planned easter around the event

If its not on

I will have to contact the hotel and start planning a new bank holiday campaign

Promoters have posted on another thread

*plans trip to chester zoo

Edited by Darren
Guest soul bandit

TRANDY PROMOTIONS

Would like to issue the following statement...

It is with great disappointment and regret that we have had to take the decision to announce the cancellation of "The Northern Soul & Motown" All-dayer featuring "LITTLE ANTHONY & THE IMPERIALS" & "RUBY ANDREWS" Scheduled for "Monday 13th April 2009" due to circumstances beyond our control... We would also like to add that this was in no way related to any form of breakdown between ourselves & the aforementioned artistes...

The non appearance is a result of the cancellation of the event...

We would like to apologise to all who have supported us on this venture & in particular all those who have purchased tickets... A full refund will be given upon receipt of returned tickets... please email palaisevent@live.co.uk for further details of how/where to obtain refunds...

Once again we deeply apologise for inconvenience caused to all concerned....

We particularly offer our most sincere apologies to "RUBY ANDREWS" & "LITTLE ANTHONY & THE IMPERIALS" Who from the offset have been pillars of support to us...

Thank-you Andy / Tracey