Whitby Soul Weekender 'juy 3-5'

Goldsoul

7th Whitby Weekender. The best town on the Yorkshire Coast.

3 Days of events, 2 rooms, All Nighter on Saturday July 3-5

Tickets and Accomodation available from 01947-602124

Book on line and Save money...Buy 3 tickets and get the 4th Free!

The leading Yorkshire Event....DJ line-up;

Andy Davies, Mick H, Soul Sam, Ginger Taylor, Bob Hinsley, Kev Roberts, Barry Maleady, Neil Jones, Sean Chapman, Chris King, Colin Curtis, Eddy Edmundson, Nige Brown, Snowy, Andy Bellwood, Andy Jackson, Sam Evans, Steve Woomble,Phil Kingswood, Richard Cryer plus the Soultown/Middleton Crew. and Guests.

www.goldsoul.co.uk

• Replies 16
  • Views 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

7th Whitby Weekender. The best town on the Yorkshire Coast.

3 Days of events, 2 rooms, All Nighter on Saturday July 3-5

Tickets and Accomodation available from 01947-602124

Book on line and Save money...Buy 3 tickets and get the 4th Free!

The leading Yorkshire Event....DJ line-up;

Andy Davies, Mick H, Soul Sam, Ginger Taylor, Bob Hinsley, Kev Roberts, Barry Maleady, Neil Jones, Sean Chapman, Chris King, Colin Curtis, Eddy Edmundson, Nige Brown, Snowy, Andy Bellwood, Andy Jackson, Sam Evans, Steve Woomble,Phil Kingswood, Richard Cryer plus the Soultown/Middleton Crew. and Guests.

www.goldsoul.co.uk

always a great weekender in a brill location with added attraction of Soultown/Middleton crew DJing :thumbup:

A TASTE OF HONEY 'kick out the jams' @ Wardolf hotel , Gore St , Manchester . Frid 23rd Jan .8pm -2am . Door tax £5

DJs Maria Willingham & Guest , Andy Bellwood , Woody , Mrs Soul , Col Wood , John Baxter , Col Wood , Bearsoul n Friends .

Info www.bearsoul.moonfuit.com

always a great weekender in a brill location with added attraction of Soultown/Middleton crew DJing :wicked:

A TASTE OF HONEY 'kick out the jams' @ Wardolf hotel , Gore St , Manchester . Frid 23rd Jan .8pm -2am . Door tax £5

DJs Maria Willingham & Guest , Andy Bellwood , Woody , Mrs Soul , Col Wood , John Baxter , Col Wood , Bearsoul n Friends .

Info www.bearsoul.moonfuit.com

Strong Modern room this year with Andy Davies, Soul Sam,Colin Curtis, Barry Maleady and Bob Hinsley plus Guests.

I notice that the price has gone up quite a bit AGAIN!!! :lol:

I think i shall be keeping my hard earned cash for the Brilliant and much cheaper BRIDLINGTON weekender, that's on the week before June 26th-28th.

I notice that the price has gone up quite a bit AGAIN!!! :rolleyes:

I think i shall be keeping my hard earned cash for the Brilliant and much cheaper BRIDLINGTON weekender, that's on the week before June 26th-28th.

Good ambush biggrin.gif

There are hefty discounts ie Pay for 3 and get the 4th free.

Price reducing next year.

Whitby is more up-market than Brid as a Tourist Town andthe local authorities charge a bit more hence our costs are higher and.....see the difference in our DJ bill too!

Let's not forget, both venues are very busy and we were the first team to promote a major Weekender in the area. It's just a shame our competitor chooses to put one on the week before ours! Either way..they will no doubt both be busy and in this economic downturn that's a good thing.

Edited by The Golden 101

Good ambush biggrin.gif

There are hefty discounts ie Pay for 3 and get the 4th free.

Price reducing next year.

Whitby is more up-market than Brid hence our costs are higher and.....see the difference in our DJ bill!

PMSL biggrin.gif WHITBY MORE UPMARKET SO YOUR GOING FOR THE MORE AFFLUENT SOULIE WELL GOOD LUCK

thnk I will stick with the rest of us plebs at brid ,having been to several whitby w/ends and exsperiencing the shenanigans the other year when people with wristbands were locked out and hearing the pathetic excuses as to why from the people running it .and learning of the treatment of dj,s who dared to dj at another venue then brid it is for me;

brid is a far superior venue and the town is a lot more friendlier than whitby even scooterists comlained about whitby on another site;

as for dj line up .can rest assured that the line up at brid wont turn up 10 minutes from their spot startin and going on to repeat up to a dozen tracks that have been played previously.nowt against you personnally sam your one of the best but dont imply the djs at whitby are better than those at brid thats a matter of opinion

PMSL biggrin.gif WHITBY MORE UPMARKET SO YOUR GOING FOR THE MORE AFFLUENT SOULIE WELL GOOD LUCK

thnk I will stick with the rest of us plebs at brid ,having been to several whitby w/ends and exsperiencing the shenanigans the other year when people with wristbands were locked out and hearing the pathetic excuses as to why from the people running it .and learning of the treatment of dj,s who dared to dj at another venue then brid it is for me;

brid is a far superior venue and the town is a lot more friendlier than whitby even scooterists comlained about whitby on another site;

as for dj line up .can rest assured that the line up at brid wont turn up 10 minutes from their spot startin and going on to repeat up to a dozen tracks that have been played previously.nowt against you personnally sam your one of the best but dont imply the djs at whitby are better than those at brid thats a matter of opinion

nice on barney could not have said it any better

I see the bullshits started early this year if your going to brid just go there and have a good time,whitby always sells out and brid seems to be doing very well so whats the problem.Cant see were it says anyones a pleb or that the djs are any better.but obviously it is a matter of opinion.I can assure you none of the djs that i know turn up 10 mins before there spot,as for repeats that happens at every weekender and i for one hate that [so we are in agreement].You also mention djs that dared to dj at other events carl fortnum is a soultown resident and one of the countrys top jocks and is booked for both events,so why not just enjoy the event you have chosen.

I see the bullshits started early this year if your going to brid just go there and have a good time,whitby always sells out and brid seems to be doing very well so whats the problem.Cant see were it says anyones a pleb or that the djs are any better.but obviously it is a matter of opinion.I can assure you none of the djs that i know turn up 10 mins before there spot,as for repeats that happens at every weekender and i for one hate that [so we are in agreement].You also mention djs that dared to dj at other events carl fortnum is a soultown resident and one of the countrys top jocks and is booked for both events,so why not just enjoy the event you have chosen.

could see your point mate if I were a dj or promoter ,but am just a mere mortal ,mine was a legitimate reply to to sams responce which by implication was whitby is more upmarket and a superior dj line up if you couldnt read that in the responce I was quoting then you must lead a blinkered life, as for the dj not being welcome at whitby if they played elsewhere I will not name names out of respect for the dj,s concerned but it has happened. I have nothing to gain by my posts but have a right to respond when people who have something at stake say something I dont agree with or is it your belief we should put up and shut up

cheers B

could see your point mate if I were a dj or promoter ,but am just a mere mortal ,mine was a legitimate reply to to sams responce which by implication was whitby is more upmarket and a superior dj line up if you couldnt read that in the responce I was quoting then you must lead a blinkered life, as for the dj not being welcome at whitby if they played elsewhere I will not name names out of respect for the dj,s concerned but it has happened. I have nothing to gain by my posts but have a right to respond when people who have something at stake say something I dont agree with or is it your belief we should put up and shut up

cheers B

It doesnt say better dj line up anywere it says it costs more but you are perfectly entitled to shit stir all you like,as for me being blinkered yeah right.So fair do,s youve got it off your chest and i was entitled to respond,so enjoy brid and we will enjoy whitby.

It doesnt say better dj line up anywere it says it costs more but you are perfectly entitled to shit stir all you like,as for me being blinkered yeah right.So fair do,s youve got it off your chest and i was entitled to respond,so enjoy brid and we will enjoy whitby.

thanks andy but was neither (bullshittin) or (shit stirring) read it how you want , the thread sam was responding to was a non starter for me if someone bases their attending events on cost then they are going to miss out on some good events .

and in IMHO didnt deserve a reply, it was the implication of that responce that led to my post and yes I was negative with my responce but stating what I considered some truths and didnt exspect them to be well recieved ,I was neither abusive or agressive,

as stated have nothing to gain. but rather than get into a slanging matct your right you do whitby and I will do brid and hope we both enjoy

but rather than get into a slanging matct your right you do whitby and I will do brid and hope we both enjoy

thats how it should be thumbsup.gif .

Now back on track am going to ask the soultown djs to write plays down so no repeats,and before any smartarse remembers i did one in oct[repeat play] i have a good excuse,when i remember it :rolleyes: .

Edited by Soultown andy

thats how it should be :thumbsup: .

Now back on track am going to ask the soultown djs to write plays down so no repeats,and before any smartarse remembers i did one in oct[repeat play] i have a good excuse,when i remember it wink.gif .

THATS A CRACKIN IDEA MUCKER

should be compulsary at all venues and then the playlists can be kept an copied to be published on here for us the great unweshed :D

to be perused at leisure

ktf B

I notice that the price has gone up quite a bit AGAIN!!! :thumbsup:

Hi Kidda,

If you look in sales we have 2 tickets for Whitby and 2 Tickets for Barnstaple Weekenders up for Auction with all proceeds going to Cancer Research.

Whitby and Bridlington will both be fantastic this year and i myself will not miss them for the world.

Kev

• 2 weeks later...

thats how it should be :huh: .

Now back on track am going to ask the soultown djs to write plays down so no repeats,and before any smartarse remembers i did one in oct[repeat play] i have a good excuse,when i remember it :) .

brill idea Andy - I 'm signing up to this as well... :)

NORTH YORKSHIRE SOUL CLUB @ THE RILEY SMITH HALL, TADCASTER. YORKSHIRE. LS24 9JB. SAT 28th MARCH .7.30 pm til' 01.00.

Late bars & caf. Large (free) car park opposite. Recently restored 1920s Art Deco ballroom with balcony .

Fantastic wooden dance floor (reputedly the largest sprung dance floor in England) 2ND room for rarer & underplayed soul.

DJ's PAT BRADY, NEIL RUSHTON, COLIN WOOD, STEVE WOOMBLE, MARTIN BYRD, JOHN PARKER, TONY HATFIELD, ANDY BELLWOOD, DAVE JAMES (Original Whafedale Soul Club DJ).Tickets:£4 adv/ £5 door.

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED https://www.imonmyway.me.uk/index.html

Info Dale Byers Tel 07709276357, Tony Hatfield Tel 07742054847. Future 09 dates: Frid 22 May, Frid 23 Oct, Sat 19 Dec (Xmas party)

Edited by andybellwood
  • 3 weeks later...

Very Limited SATURDAY ONLY PASSES on sale now at www.goldsoul.co.uk

EXCLUSIVE YORKSHIRE COAST DJ LINE-UP.

MODERN ROOM; ANDY DAVIES, COLIN CURTIS, BARRY MALEADY, BOB HINSLEY, ANDY JACKSON, PHIL KINGSWOOD, STEVE WOOMBLE.

NORTHERN ROOM; GINGER TAYLOR, SOUL SAM, CHRIS KING, KEV ROBERTS, MICK H, NIGE BROWN, SEAN CHAPMAN, NEIL JONES, SNOWY, EDDY EDMONDSON, SAM EVANS, NIGE GRICE, ANDY BELLWOOD, RICHARD CRYER AND SELECTIVE DJ'S FROM SOULTOWN-MIDDLETON.

tickets and accom 01947-602124

Edited by The Golden 101