Young Brothers

KevH

• Replies 15
  • Views 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

originally played by dave withers as the experienced heartmenders " whats your game " back in 81 -82 :lol:

Thanks for that. Seems all Dave And I's big records were played by Keb or Rob Marriott. Discovered by Dave Raistick along with Limelights [uncle] which we bought of him at the same time.

ROD

Edited by modernsoulsucks
Social source share

Thanks for that. Seems all Dave And I's big records were played by Keb or Rob Marriott. Discovered by Dave Raistick along with Limelights [uncle] which we bought of him at the same time.

ROD

sorry Rod, knew it was big for someone before Rob but had a mental block and couldn't remember who, or the cover up info :wicked: Be nice to see a list of the stuff Dave and your good self played/discovered etc.

Social source share

Used to be big for Rob Marriott (What's Your Game) and Keb (?) I think before him. There are two different takes of Baby. I'll post 'em later if no one else does. Will set you back a nice 4 figure sum for a copy. 2 maybe 3k???

Any chance you could post up the two takes Chalky? Only know the one version, so don't know if there is much difference?

Thanks,

Ady

Edited by pottsy
Social source share

Any chance you could post up the two takes Chalky? This may sound strange, but I have a copy & honestly have never heard the other version so don't know if there is much, if any difference?

Thanks,

Ady

Yes there is a difference Ady.

But isn't the other version an unissued thing from Andy Rix? I could be very wrong, it has been known. :wicked:

Both great though :D

Social source share

defo 2 different takes issued and karls sold for over £3500

:wicked: Jeez, you lost out there fella :D

Didn't know about the two different issues, was sure it was a Rix thing.

I take it they are different numbers?

Is the other take rarer?

How many are there of each then?

Edited by jumpinjoan
Social source share

:D Jeez, you lost out there fella :D

Didn't know about the two different issues, was sure it was a Rix thing.

I take it they are different numbers?

Is the other take rarer?

How many are there of each then?

oops, adding the clips same time as Steve :wicked:

from JM's guide Soul Power 21267 delta #70824 (£4k) and Soul Power 2126 delta #70512 (£3k). First track I added has the delta so you can work out which is which.

Social source share

I remember buying a tape off Dave Withers/Rod at Stafford early 80's, with tracks like these, Limelights, Topics, Gordon Keith, Main Change on. Incredible stuff on there, virtually all covered up, wasted a lot of time looking & asking for non existant tracks, thanks Rod!Amazing to think that was nearly 30 Years ago!!!!

Des Parker

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!