Never Seen This Before, Germany Copy

• Replies 8
  • Views 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Found this over the weekend in a Swiss records shoppost-3008-1232390296_thumb.jpg

Its amazing what you find in Swiss shops- I was in Zurich years ago and found a copy of Condition Red on German London in Pic sleeve - However what was strange was the fact the shop only had 5 records in it as it was a designer clothes shop and thes 5 records were sat on the counter in a stand- the others were Abba/beatles/The jam and something else I cannot remeber.

How are you Dave

Did you get to the antique fair in Zurich station- theres quite a few record stalls there or the Market at Lucerne next to the Medival bridges

Social source share

Its amazing what you find in Swiss shops- I was in Zurich years ago and found a copy of Condition Red on German London in Pic sleeve - However what was strange was the fact the shop only had 5 records in it as it was a designer clothes shop and thes 5 records were sat on the counter in a stand- the others were Abba/beatles/The jam and something else I cannot remeber.

How are you Dave

Did you get to the antique fair in Zurich station- theres quite a few record stalls there or the Market at Lucerne next to the Medival bridges

Is that a creamy coloured sleeve with a drawing of a marching band? Nice one, you don't see that very often nowadays...

Re. Gene Middleton: To be honest I never seen or heard of that record. It looks like an independent german release, something you hardly see. I guess 99% of all soul music in Germany was released on major labels, or smaller labels owned by majors...The record itself, what is it? Is it a Hit or Soul or Beat or Gospel or Country or R&B or Western or even Polka? :ohmy:

Social source share

How are you Dave

No, the flee market was not on this weekend :ohmy:

Social source share

Found this over the weekend in a Swiss records shoppost-3008-1232390296_thumb.jpg

i have a lovelles german only release on that RS label, it's the same florida group as on brent / atco and one of the sides was released in the US but it has a good northern side only released on the RS label.

Social source share

i have a lovelles german only release on that RS label, it's the same florida group as on brent / atco and one of the sides was released in the US but it has a good northern side only released on the RS label.

These tracks are also out of Florida, so maybe they did a deal with the producer, who is the same on both sides of the one I have

Social source share

Is that a creamy coloured sleeve with a drawing of a marching band? Nice one, you don't see that very often nowadays...

Re. Gene Middleton: To be honest I never seen or heard of that record. It looks like an independent german release, something you hardly see. I guess 99% of all soul music in Germany was released on major labels, or smaller labels owned by majors...The record itself, what is it? Is it a Hit or Soul or Beat or Gospel or Country or R&B or Western or even Polka? laugh.gif

Condition Red- Yes Benji that very same one- Think it cost me 3 or 4 Swiss Franks

I felt so guilty I bought 2 pairs of jeans.

Actually how ofetn do you see the orginal US white demo on Jubilee (Its Styrene and not the vinyl boot)

Social source share

• 2 months later...

Finally managed to get a copy myself. Two nice sides tho I prefer the garage side ("The Wilderness"). Does anyboy know if any of both sides were released anywhere else?

TIA

Benji

Social source share

Finally managed to get a copy myself. Two nice sides tho I prefer the garage side ("The Wilderness"). Does anyboy know if any of both sides were released anywhere else?

TIA

Benji

ye i have it on a us issue the label is D & B it is listed in john manships guide.

mark

Edited by mark.b
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!