Micky Moonshine ?

Now this is an old old Rumour, that Micky Moonshine who's Name is on the Lable for " Name It Youv'e Got It " is in fact ALVIN STARDUST aka SHANE FENTON....can anybody verify this............or shed some light on Micky Moonshine ????

Keep @ It

Jon Buck

Social source share

Now this is an old old Rumour, that  Micky Moonshine who's Name is on the Lable for " Name It Youv'e Got It " is in fact ALVIN STARDUST aka SHANE FENTON....can anybody verify this............or shed some light on Micky Moonshine ????

Keep @ It

Jon Buck

link

I always understood this to be the case Jon, but can anyone confirm it? I cant.

Social source share

Mickey Moonshine was a singer/producer called Chris Rainbow who had a couple of minor hits in the mid 70's.

link

Thanks that's good to know, as it often pop's up in conversation

Jon Buck

Edited by jonbuck
Social source share

Now this is an old old Rumour, that  Micky Moonshine who's Name is on the Lable for " Name It Youv'e Got It " is in fact ALVIN STARDUST aka SHANE FENTON....can anybody verify this............or shed some light on Micky Moonshine ????

Keep @ It

Jon Buck

link

Bernard jury aka Alvin aka Shane,he used come round my nans house in Liverpool as my cousin was in his band,can confirm all round nice guy & deffo not mr Moonshine. :D

Edited by kenneth aitchison
Social source share

On a similar subject, anyone know the true identity of Round Robin? singer of that gritty soulful oldie "Kick That Little Foot Sally Anne"

Paul

link

Got Album somewhere,big chubby checker type of man,will find someday and let you know?????but dont quote me,me heads in bits!. :D

Social source share

Guest miff

On a similar subject, anyone know the true identity of Round Robin? singer of that gritty soulful oldie "Kick That Little Foot Sally Anne"

Paul

link

Could be 2 out of 3 singers :D

Social source share

Mickey Moonshine was a singer/producer called Chris Rainbow who had a couple of minor hits in the mid 70's.

link

Just got this off the Chris Rainbow website. the man himself real name Christopher Harley from Scotland....

post-2461-1115637094_thumb.jpg

Social source share

Got Album somewhere,big chubby checker type of man,will find someday and let you know?????but dont quote me,me heads in bits!. :)

link

Found album,round robin on challange,lloyd thaxton presents land of a thousnd dancers;ch620,,,,,,,,now the cover :D no not there :D back later :D

Social source share

Keep @ It

Jon Buck

link

I seem to recall there was a rumour back in the day that it was Paul Nicholas, him of the Brit sit com scene...

Sam

Social source share

Found album,round robin on challange,lloyd thaxton presents land of a thousnd dancers;ch620,,,,,,,,now the cover :D no not there :D back later.... :D fon it!yes big big bloke,lookin rather chubby checkerish to me,so can deffo say hes mr R Round not one of three,great cover no info shite LP,but give another listen today,if all go`s bad play "what goes up",J Lavent & the fashions :D phil-la of soul that`ll sort me old head out for sure,keepin`it real

:)

Social source share

Just got this off the Chris Rainbow website. the man himself real name Christopher Harley from Scotland....

link

Now we know why he never appeared at Wigan then :)

I always thought he was from the NE, and always thought "Name it" was quite a good pop record. :D

Social source share

Nah, never heard that one - Paul Nicholas recorded as "Oscar" and had 3 singles out on Reaction, one is a good dancer called Club Of Lights, one is a cover of an obscure Bowie song called Over The Wall We Go, which is terrible.

• Up vote 1
Social source share

Thought this one had been settled?

Always heard the "Alvin" story, but I thought Ady tracked him down as some C&W singer from Liverpool?

Any advance?

Ady can you confirm/deny?

Social source share

Thought this one had been settled?

Always heard the "Alvin" story, but I thought Ady tracked him down as some C&W singer from Liverpool?

Any advance?

Ady can you confirm/deny?

link

John E Paul was the country singer from Liverpool. That was discovered back in 77.

p.s. you only had to listen to the other side

Edited by Pete-S
Social source share

" Shed some light on Mickey Moonshine?"

I'd sooner shed about 4 ton of hardcore on him!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :graywanker:

link

You must let me know what records you like so I can throw some similar insults your way.....or is it you don't like Micky Moonshine because he is White !!!! can't be a Blue Eyed Soul thing as you don't like Junior Walkers Tune Up Either ....

Jon Buck

Edited by jonbuck
Social source share

" Shed some light on Mickey Moonshine?"

I'd sooner shed about 4 ton of hardcore on him!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :graywanker:

link

I guess im too passionate about the music to be bloody minded, i dont just hear the music i feel it, i guess losing everything that meant anything to me in life gave me this insight. When i hear artists singing about their heartbreak and pain, i feel their pain, coz i know it myself. Something different about the music of today is when these manufactured bands sing love songs they are way to shallow, these kids have no idea what pain realy is so they cant project a feeling into a song if they tried. I know we all have our favourite songs and some we just dont much care for, but Name it you got it i remember in the 70's as a great dancers record and i loved the tempo, these days when i dance to the record i feel the mans pain, something i can relate to from personal experience, so many songs i just used to listen to but now there is this new dimension for me, i can dance to a record i not heard in years, but now its like a whole new experience. I absolutaley love Jackie Lee's "Oh my darling", just an example of a record that kills me inside because i can relate to whats being sung out from the bottom of this persons heart, you can just feel the pain, or there again you can be shallow and say its crap, maybe you dont like the intro :thumbsup:

Social source share

You must let me know what records you like so I can throw some similar insults your way.....or is it you don't like Micky Moonshine because he is White !!!! can't be a Blue Eyed Soul thing as you don't like Junior Walkers Tune Up Either ....

Jon Buck

link

I like Micky Moonshine but don't like Tune Up!

Social source share

Jon Buck

link

Records I am very partial to include -

Al Williams

Shawne Robinson

Ronnie Mcneir

Maurice Williams

Chuck Cockerham (WHITE!!!)

Danny Wagner (WHITE!!!)

G.Davis & R Tyler (Instrumental)

Mickey Moonshine pales (sic) into insignificance compared to the above tunes - they are Soul records. MM at best is a catchy pop record with "that" certain rhythm.

Anyway Jon - lighten up - if you can't take a joke you shouldn't have joined :lol::lol::lol::D

Social source share

Mickey Moonshine pales (sic) into insignificance compared to the above tunes - they are Soul records. MM at best is a catchy pop record with "that" certain rhythm.

link

Nobody's saying Micky Moonshine is a soul record comparable with your selections - but it was a good NORTHERN SOUL record in it's day and that can't be denied just because the climate has changed and the singer has to be a blind crippled poor mans son from a backstreet in Detroit recording on a label that could only afford to press 3 copies of his record.

Social source share

• 10 years later...

Old hat now but confirmed as Mr Paul Curtis Eurovision song writer, recording himself as Mickey moonshine for Decca 

this was posted up  in 2008 by Paul Mooney, but as happens a lot on here , still had unaware posts etc for years afterwards

https://www.soul-source.co.uk/forums/topic/81035-micky-moonshine-going-rate/?do=findComment&comment=868321

I just had a call from PAUL CURTIS. His former publisher told him I had enquired about him and he wondered what it was about.

He is amazed at the myths and found it all very amusing.

Paul said he recorded "Name It You Got It" at Decca's number 2 studio and he remembered they had a "Who is Micky Moonshine?" poster campaign in London to promote the single.

He hasn't written a pop song for a few years but he recently wrote another musical and is now writing a book.

He's been very successful as a writer but he sounded pleased that "Name It You Got It" has received so much underground attention.

Best regards,

Paul Mooney

Edited by mike
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

Well according to wikipedia and a biography site ,Mickey/Micky moonshine is the British actor Ben Cross  ,so what do you think ?

Bazza

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0002027/bio

Or search  " Ben Cross " on Wikipedia ,a bit more info on there

Could be Ben Cross

Bazza

here are

google gives ...

the ben cross connection to mickey moonshine - its the title of a song he wrote 

https://www.45cat.com/record/2058924

TrackArtistTitleComposerProducerRating
AWavemaker +Tunnel Of LoveJohn Lewis, Ben CrossElectrophonRate
BWavemaker +Mickey MoonshineJohn Lewis, Ben CrossElectrophonRate

whats up with this post by Paul Mooney in 2008 ?

it seems to give the definite answer on the id or am i missing something here?..

Edited by mike
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!