Citrus Rooms Allnighter

• Replies 22
  • Views 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

I had a great nite, even if I had to go out with 4 men... :lol: , where's the woman when you need to be silly.

I managed to find a like minded daft woman (thanks for the laffs Dolly)... :huh:

Saw a lot more faces knew than I thought I would, so a nice bonus.

And plucked up the courage to say hello to that scarey ImberBoy, not half as scarey when he smiles... :unsure:

I'll work on 10 reasons for you and pm you when my head's working again...

First time for me also, enjoyed it.

Caught up with a few (old) familiar faces.

Heard a coupla tunes I didn't know-which is always a plus

Even had a bit of a dance :yes:

And yes, I said hello to thay Imberboy, as you say, not that scarey....................

Until he put his f*ckin' shorts on :thumbup:

ATB

Tony

Thankyou Amie and Simon,the Derbyshire lads had another top class Citrus Rooms Allnighter again,It seemed that we was there only 10mins,so you can tell we had a good night :yes:

Thanks Cilla Black(Imber boy,Simon) for trying to get me fixed up with Lady laugh.gif

Some great sounds heard during the night,nice to see Flanny out behind the decks again,He still ticks all the boxes for me music wise(top Dj) :yes:

All the Djs did a good job alnight long,I cant remember who it was that played a £20,record he said, what a great sound,it gets my marks.

Kind Regards,Kev :thumbup:

Edited by good angel

It took 4 of us to keep you under control. :thumbup:

Many thanks to Mr.Fingers for the lift, it was much appreciated.

Also thanks to my other 3 travellers. Great company.

Nice to put faces to names with other Soul Sourcers in attendance.

Got to agree with Sian a lot more people I knew than I would have thought.

The night was well worth attending.

A true mix of records across all genres where the crowd were upfront for all types of quality soul.

Can't remember hearing a duff tune.

Deffo on my must visit again list. :yes:

Congrats to everyone involved.

Best wishes on your continued success.

Tabs

PS John - don't forget you have 2 batteries laugh.gif

I had a great nite, even if I had to go out with 4 men... :D , where's the woman when you need to be silly.

I managed to find a like minded daft woman (thanks for the laffs Dolly)... :yes:

Saw a lot more faces knew than I thought I would, so a nice bonus.

And plucked up the courage to say hello to that scarey ImberBoy, not half as scarey when he smiles... :)

I'll work on 10 reasons for you and pm you when my head's working again...

Thankyou Amie and Simon,the Derbyshire lads had another top class Citrus Rooms Allnighter again,It seemed that we was there only 10mins,so you can tell we had a good night :)

Thanks Cilla Black(Imber boy,Simon) for trying to get me fixed up with Lady laugh.gif

Some great sounds heard during the night,nice to see Flanny out behind the decks again,He still ticks all the boxes for me music wise(top Dj) :yes:

All the Djs did a good job alnight long,I cant remember who it was that played a £20,record he said, what a great sound,it gets my marks.

Kind Regards,Kev :thumbup:

Probably Geoff Rudd, and he meant a 20 lb pie, :yes:

however, his Cloud 9 instro had a few people checking out the decks to see what it was.

Thankfully I just got one and will be givin' it a blast next week.

As I said before, enjoyed it.

ATB

Tony

Well - when things go 'wrong' it's never in the singular, is it !?! And misfortune normally awards me at least two or three closely linked 'mishaps' or the like !!

Today it was to be (first) - as I'm checking tyre pressures and fuelling ready for the Barnsley bound trek along the miles of tarmac that separate my start & end points, the discovery that a head light bulb is not working. As 'fortune' would have it (and saving a mad dash to Halfords) I had a set of spare bulbs in the back of the motor (a prerequisite of our trip, last October, to Brittany).

With only having (ahem..) SMALL hands, the space available for me to change the offending bulb successfully was way to small. 'Never mind' I thought.. 'I'll get a helping hand once I arrive at Sian's' (45 mins drive away, in Rugby) where I was due to collect the remainder of my company for the journey northward. Namely: Sian, Tabs & Nick.

Already, now, running slightly behind schedule I pack my records on-board and head off to collect my first passenger Jack (only a 10 minute drive away). Then onwards to Rugby where my intended e.t.a. was going to be 7.30, for an 8pm departure to Barnsley. NOPE !! :no: Rugby arrival was around five past eight. First task was to get able assistance to sort the headlight situation (to avoid inviting an unwanted 'tug' from the boys in blue). The long & short.. Nick managed to drop the replacement bulb into the main casing - with no way to get a hand in there without first removing bolts and stuff to eject the whole headlamp unit. :lol: Luckily Sian had one of those telescopic magnet thingy's - with the appearance of a car aerial. No time to sort out now so we risk the 98 miles to our destination for the evening Barnsley's Citrus Rooms Allnighter looking (to other motorists) like the 'one-eyed monster'. The intention being to rectify the situation in readiness for our return journey the following morning. :lol:

A timely arrival at a parking bay just outside the venue at about 9.45 - and it's 'orf we jolly well trot' inside the doors (already open for business, and to let early arrivals in from the cold) to this promotion I'd been looking forward to with eager anticipation since my booking was confirmed. Tonight would see another 'DJ Cherry' behind me with my first appearance behind the turntables at this much talked about offering from the Top Couple of Amee & Simon. Them 'Young Uns' I've mentioned previously - that attract a very good cross-section of age groups to their 'Uptempo 60's & R'n'B' laden Citrus Rooms gig, located on Eastgate. Close to Barnsley's town centre & Bus Station.

Warmly welcomed by the duo of the promotions team it was time to park the boxes on stage, arrange liquid refreshment, say all the hello's to the many familiar faces already at their chosen 'stations' for the night ahead, and await my allotted start time of 11pm.

First on the decks - and our 'Starter For Ten', opening Music Manager, was Steve Pownall.. who served up (for me) one of THE finest 'First Hour' spot's I have witnessed in many years!! THE 'definitive' beginning to what this night is all about. Solid, uptempo, 60's (mainly), quality, soul dance music to move yer feet to !! Steve gave outing to some 'oldies' I'd all but forgotten - not having heard a few for a good couple of decades. All class stuff, and just what the steadily arriving attendees were looking for to entice them on to the dance floor. Superb stuff, Steve - and I was quietly pleased to be following you as I knew our two sets would flow from one to the other in smooth transition. Plus the fact there were ample attendees already in place for me to tempt into performing some moves, with my selections for Fingers' hour in charge of the musical entertainment. I played more (what the majority of us - more mature soul students, refer to as) 'oldies' than would be my normal intention at a gig. But I was quite contented with that. In the knowledge that (upon glancing around the room and clocking the varying ages in attendance - with a very good representation from boy's & girls more in line with Simon & Amee's age group), a lot of those present would class them more as 'recent' tunes as opposed to the 'classic' category we might place them. It's all too easy to imagine that all paying attendees are of the same age bracket & that we have all been active on the scene over the past 30+ years. Not the case !! :ohmy: To some they were oldies I played whilst, to others, it's the 'fresh' sound they have grown to love only these (possibly) past few years. Even if active on the soul scene for the past, say, 15 years - they still would not recognise the majority of what most of us take for granted to be 'classic oldies'. DJ's take note !! One man's oldie is also another man's newie !! :D

Neil Jones followed on from me & continued right from where I left off. As did all the Jocks on the night in the main. :) The tempo remained right up there and the dance floor kept on seeing constant attendance. Right to the last track played to mark the end of both, another successful Stormin' 'Niter at the Citrus Rooms & Sam Moores' final hour, set.

In between, we were capably looked after by (following Neil), first, Geoff Rudd, then handing over to the Main Guest & Top Spot of the night (for me) from Right Up There DJ - Flanny !! Awesome tunes for the entire hour, Brian - I hope you gonna post your play list buddy !! On came Steve Thomas to carry on the festivities. A mixed reaction to a couple of his selections - but without denying those selections were 'out & out Class' 45's. One in particular (that can only continue to grow in stature with continued exposure) a Bobby Day track on the Sure-Shot label !?! A new one on me, but one that defo stood out and had three or four of us discussing it's worthwhile merits as it graced the decks - despite the lack of floor action to it. Purely, I would say, because of it's predominantly 'new' status.

Young Mr McMaster then took the reins - and offered up some truly fantastic 45's. Kicking off with a tune that I first knew from an elder brothers 'weird but wonderful' little collection of strange soul music that oddly, I thought, really appealed to me as the fresh-faced 12 & 13 year old boy I was at the time. Reiterating what I was saying earlier about the 'length of service' & 'brainwashed' attitude it could easily leave some people with. This, too, was before I'd even heard of the term 'All Niter'!! Thing is - most of the discs from that 60's 'Club' sound era are just PERFECT to suit the majority of today's tastes & expectations. Especially where the paying customers have 'Come To Dance'. :P

Pleasing to see lot's more familiar faces than I'd expected to - in particular, the likes of fellow travellers - the already mentioned Flanny & good Lady, Debbie, Toby (from Hitchin, Herts - and co. Groovesville promoter) along with Carol from Rushden (Northants) whom I met at the previous weekends 'Groovesville' opening Soul Night. Ian J (Essex). Plus the likes of people I wouldn't have expected to see there usually.. Craig Butler & fellow Brighouse resident Pete (or was it Billy !!), Franc Giacobbe from Derby. Kev & crew from the Coventry area, not forgetting Mr 'J.T.' himself (James Trouble) and his delectable looking missus (sorry, names escape me all to easily) Glad you managed to make earlier than anticipated arrival, and catch the majority of my set. To name but a few.

Then there were the expected 'usual suspects' to be found lurking about the place. Kev Drage along with his good Lady, Mike Cog, Dave Rivers, Roger (Banks), Hoss & better half Julie. Along with other regular members of the Northeast contingent not far away. Also Joe Dutton, Bob Connors, Clanger and (gorgeous) young lady - he never fails to turn up with one on his arm (I wonder how much he has to pay them.. or if they are all cousins & the like ??). Big (young) Jimmy & Claire along with so, so many others who's names I would not be able to remember in a month of Sundays 'cos I don't possess enough brain cells after a night out !!

In summary - a totally 'Cracking' night - giving JUST what it say's on the can !! If you have NOT yet tried this promotion I can only suggest (for your own sakes) you get along to the next one. It will automatically become a 'must do' on the soul calender, and IS an important part of our scene's future. :yes:

I won't mention (too much) the palaver with my flat battery in the morning - requiring a jump-start. I really must NOT have the stereo and heated seats on for endless hours when I sit in the car partaking in a bit of social inhalation of herbal remedy. Not, without turning on the ignition, anyway. To make sure I've still got enough charge to spark the motor into life when the time arrives to head back home !! Oops - second time I've done that, now. :lol:

My play list follows - I think in order of play but, complete, at least. Really enjoyed my time on the turntables & the opportunity afforded me to play some tunes. Thank you both, Simon & Amee, for the invitation. Here's hoping they award me some future return date, too. I would, so enjoy that.

Fingers.. :no:

Tony Clarke 'Landslide' (Test Press)

Motown Band Feat. Velvelettes 'Really Saying Something' (Unissued)

Bates Sisters 'So Broken Hearted' (Nola)

Patti & Emblems 'Easy Come Easy Go' (Congress)

Hesitations 'Push a Little Harder' (London - UK) REQUEST

Garland Green 'It Rained Forty Days & Nights' (Gamma)

Bobby Bland 'Yum Yum Tree' (Duke)

Patrinell Staten 'A Little Love Affair' (Sepia)

Carstairs 'Stick By Me Baby' (Test press) REQUEST

Willie Hutch 'Love Runs Out' (Dunhill)

Len Barry 'When You Call Me Baby' (Bell Acetate - LP)

Marvin Gaye 'Hanging On' (Jobete Acetate) REQUEST

Cookie Jackson 'Find me A Lover' (Uptown)

Nancy Wilson 'End Of Our Love' (Capitol)

Jackie Follett 'I Am What I Am' (Verve Forecast)

Belles 'Don't Pretend' (Mirwood)

Barbara Lewis 'Someday We're Gonna Love Again' (Atlantic)

Betty Harris '12 red Roses' (Sansu)

Chandlers 'Your Love Makes Me lonely' (Col-Sol)

Honey Bees 'Lets Get Back Together' (Garrison)

Lonnie Russ 'Say Girl' (Kerwood)

Barbara Acklin 'Just Ain't No Love' (Brunswick)

Edited by FickleFingers

Well - when things go 'wrong' it's never in the singular, is it !?! And misfortune normally awards me at least two or three closely linked 'mishaps' or the like !!

Today it was to be (first) - as I'm checking tyre pressures and fuelling ready for the Barnsley bound trek along the miles of tarmac that separate my start & end points, the discovery that a head light bulb is not working. As 'fortune' would have it (and saving a mad dash to Halfords) I had a set of spare bulbs in the back of the motor (a prerequisite of our trip, last October, to Brittany).

With only having (ahem..) SMALL hands, the space available for me to change the offending bulb successfully was way to small. 'Never mind' I thought.. 'I'll get a helping hand once I arrive at Sian's' (45 mins drive away, in Rugby) where I was due to collect the remainder of my company for the journey northward. Namely: Sian, Tabs & Nick.

Already, now, running slightly behind schedule I pack my records on-board and head off to collect my first passenger Jack (only a 10 minute drive away). Then onwards to Rugby where my intended e.t.a. was going to be 7.30, for an 8pm departure to Barnsley. NOPE !! :no: Rugby arrival was around five past eight. First task was to get able assistance to sort the headlight situation (to avoid inviting an unwanted 'tug' from the boys in blue). The long & short.. Nick managed to drop the replacement bulb into the main casing - with no way to get a hand in there without first removing bolts and stuff to eject the whole headlamp unit. :no: Luckily Sian had one of those telescopic magnet thingy's - with the appearance of a car aerial. No time to sort out now so we risk the 98 miles to our destination for the evening Barnsley's Citrus Rooms Allnighter) looking (to other motorists) like the 'one-eyed monster. The intention being to rectify the situation in readiness for our return journey the following morning. :lol:

A timely arrival at a parking bay just outside the venue at about 9.45 - and it's 'orf we jolly well trot' inside the doors (already open for business, and to let early arrivals in from the cold) to this promotion I'd been looking forward to with eager anticipation since my booking was confirmed. Tonight would see another 'DJ Cherry' behind me with my first appearance behind the turntables at this much talked about offering from the Top Couple of Amee & Simon. Them 'Young Uns' I've mentioned previously - that attract a very good cross-section of age groups to their 'Uptempo 60's & R'n'B' laden Citrus Rooms gig, located on Eastgate. Close to Barnsley's town centre & Bus Station.

Warmly welcomed by the duo of the promotions team it was time to park the boxes on stage, arrange liquid refreshment, say all the hello's to the many familiar faces already at their chosen 'stations' for the night ahead, and await my allotted start time of 11pm.

First on the decks - and our 'Starter For Ten', opening Music Manager, was Steve Pownall.. who served up (for me) one of THE finest 'First Hour' spot's I have witnessed in many years!! THE 'definitive' beginning to what this night is all about. Solid, uptempo, 60's (mainly), quality, soul dance music to move yer feet to !! Steve gave outing to some 'oldies' I'd all but forgotten - not having heard a few for a good couple of decades. All class stuff, and just what the steadily arriving attendees were looking for to entice them on to the dance floor. Superb stuff, Steve - and I was quietly pleased to be following you as I knew our two sets would flow from one to the other in smooth transition. Plus the fact there were ample attendees already in place for me to tempt into performing some moves, with my selections for Fingers' hour in charge of the musical entertainment. I played more (what the majority of us - more mature soul students, refer to as) 'oldies' that would be my normal intention at a gig. But I was quite contented with that. In the knowledge that (upon glancing around the room and clocking the varying ages in attendance - with a very good representation from boy's & girls more in line with Simon & Amee's age group), a lot of those present would class them more as 'recent' tunes as opposed to the 'classic' category we might place them. It's all too easy to imagine that all paying attendees are of the same age bracket & that we have all been active on the scene over the past 30+ years. Not the case !! :yes: To some they were oldies I played whilst, to others, it's the 'fresh' sound they have grown to love only these (possibly) past few years. Even if active on the soul scene for the past, say, 15 years - they still would not recognise the majority of what most of us take for granted to be 'classic oldies'. DJ's take note !! One man's oldie is also another man's newie !! :ohmy:

Neil Jones followed on from me & continued right from where I left off. As did all the Jocks on the night in the main. :) The tempo remained right up there and the dance floor kept on seeing constant attendance. Right to the last track played to mark the end of both, another successful Stormin' 'Niter at the Citrus Rooms & Sam Moores' final hour, set.

In between, we were capably looked after by (following Neil), first, Geoff Rudd, then handing over to the Main Guest & Top Spot of the night (for me) from Right Up There DJ - Flanny !! Awesome tunes for the entire hour, Brian - I hope you gonna post your play list buddy !! On came Steve Thomas to carry on the festivities. A mixed reaction to a couple of his selections - but without denying those selections were 'out & out Class' 45's. One in particular (that can only continue to grow in stature with continued exposure) a Bobby Day track on the Sure-Shot label !?! A new one on me, but one that defo stood out and had three or four of us discussing it's worthwhile merits as it graced the decks - despite the lack of floor action to it. Purely, I would say, because of it's predominantly 'new' status.

Young Mr McMaster then took the reins - and offered up some truly fantastic 45's. Kicking off with a tune that I first knew from an elder brothers 'weird but wonderful' little collection of strange soul music that oddly, I thought, really appealed to me as the fresh-faced 12 & 13 year old boy I was at the time. Reiterating what I was saying earlier about the 'length of service' & 'brainwashed' attitude it could easily leave some people with). This, too, was before I'd even heard of the term 'All Niter'!! Thing is - most of the discs from that 60's 'Club' sound era are just PERFECT to suit the majority of today's tastes & expectations. Especially where the paying customers have 'Come To Dance'. :lol:

Pleasing to see lot's more familiar faces than I'd expected to - in particular, the likes of fellow travellers - the already mentioned Flanny & good Lady, Debbie, Toby (from Hitchin, Herts - and co. Groovesville promoter) along with Carol from Rushden (Northants) whom I met at the previous weekends 'Groovesville' opening Soul Night. Ian J (Essex). Plus the likes of people I wouldn't have expected to see there usually.. Craig Butler & fellow Brighouse resident Pete (or was it Billy !!), Franc Giacobbe from Derby. Kev & crew from the Coventry area, not forgetting Mr 'J.T.' himself (James Trouble) and his delectable looking missus (sorry, names escape me all to easily) Glad you managed to make earlier than anticipated arrival, and catch the majority of my set. To name but a few.

Then there were the expected 'usual suspects' to be found lurking about the place. Kev Drage along with his good Lady, Mike Cog, Dave Rivers, Roger (Banks), Hoss & better half Julie. Along with other regular members of the Northeast contingent not far away. Also Joe Dutton, Bob Connors, Clanger and (gorgeous) young lady - he never fails to turn up with one on his arm (I wonder how much he has to pay them.. or if they are all cousins & the like ??). Big (young) Jimmy & Claire along with so, so many others who's names I would not be able to remember in a month of Sundays 'cos I don't possess enough brain cells after a night out !!

In summary - a totally 'Cracking' night - giving JUST what it say's on the can !! If you have NOT yet tried this promotion I can only suggest (for your own sakes) you get along to the next one. It will automatically become a 'must do' on the soul calender, and IS an important part of our scene's future. :no:

I won't mention (too much) the palaver with my flat battery in the morning - requiring a jump-start. I really must NOT have the stereo and heated seats on for endless hours when I sit in the car partaking in a bit of social inhalation of herbal remedy. Not, without turning on the ignition, anyway. To make sure I've still got enough charge to spark the motor into life when the time arrives to head back home !! Oops - second time I've done that, now. :lol:

My play list follows - I think in order of play but, complete, at least. Really enjoyed my time on the turntables & the opportunity afforded me to play some tunes. Thank you both, Simon & Amee, for the invitation. Here's hoping they award me some future return date, too. I would, so enjoy that.

Fingers.. :D

Tony Clarke 'Landslide' (Test Press)

Motown Band Feat. Velvelettes 'Really Saying Something' (Unissued)

Bates Sisters 'So Broken Hearted' (Nola)

Patti & Emblems 'Easy Come Easy Go' (Congress)

Hesitations 'Push a Little Harder' (London - UK) REQUEST

Garland Green 'It Rained Forty days & Nights' (Gamma)

Bobby Bland 'Yum Yum Tree' (Duke)

Patrinell Staten 'A Little Love Affair' (Sepia)

Carstairs 'Stick By Me Baby' (Test press) REQUEST

Willie Hutch 'Love Runs Out' (Dunhill)

Len Barry 'When You Call Me Baby' (Bell Acetate - LP)

Marvin Gaye 'Hanging On' (Jobete Acetate) REQUEST

Cookie Jackson 'Find me A Lover' (Uptown)

Nancy Wilson 'End Of Our Love' (Capitol)

Jackie Follett 'I Am What I Am' (Verve Forecast)

Belles 'Don't Pretend' (Mirwood)

Barbara Lewis 'Someday We're Gonna Love Again' (Atlantic)

Betty Harris '12 red Roses' (Sansu)

Chandlers 'Your Love Makes Me lonely' (Col-Sol)

Honey Bees 'Lets Get Back Together' (Garrison)

Lonnie Russ 'Say Girl' (Kerwood)

Barbara Acklin 'Just Ain't No Love' (Brunswick)

Ta for hesitations Johnny. By far the best version IMO raw as fook !!

You always deliver with such gusto it shows in your set mate! :P

Mike Cog

Ta for hesitations Johnny. By far the best version IMO raw as fook !!

You always deliver with such gusto it shows in your set mate! :)

Mike Cog

Thanx for that Cog Man !! If I get asked for a tune I do have with me I gotta comply, ain't I !?! Especially as a request such as this fits in so well with both my (predominantly) uptempo sets AND the ethos of the Citrus Rooms. :P

And, YES.. !! I do tend to, erm - well.. you know, get a BIT EXCITED :lol:

Fingers.. :lol:

I won't mention (too much) the palaver with my flat battery in the morning - requiring a jump-start.

:lol: ...Thanks again Johnny for the lift, I wouldn't have been able to get out for this night if it hadn't been for you and even with the flat battery, still managed to get me home with 10 minutes to spare before the grandchildren arrived for the day... :)

OK HERE GO,S ARRIVED NICE AND EARLY AT THE CITRUS TO SEE STEVE P. KICK OFF THIS EXCELLENT ALNIGHTER :lol: AND WHAT A GREAT START DANCERS UP STRIGHT FROM THE OFF :D ONE THING ABOUT THIS PLACE IS YOU PLAY THE TUNES AND THIS GREAT CROWD WILL DANCE :D EARLY OR LATE IT MAKES NO DIFFERENCE THEN THE FINGERS GEZZER WAS NEXT ON TO PLAY HIS STUFF FOLLOWED BY NEIL JONES WHO AGAIN WAS IN TOP FORM(VOLUMES!! TUUUNE) NEXT UP YOURS TRULY THE RUDDSTER(I HAD A GREAT TIME UP THERE) NEXT THE FLAN MAN WITH A GREAT SET AND THEN TOP FELLA STEVE THOMAS WITH A FANTASTIC SET(I AGREE WITH FINGERS THAT FIRST TUNE KEEP WITH IT MATE) NEXT UP THE MAN CALLED SIMON :) WELL DONE MATE FIRSTLY TO YOU AND AMIE FOR PROMOTING THIS GREAT VENUE AND FOR THE PASSION YOU PUT INTO YOUR SPOTS AND LAST BUT NOT LEAST THE GREAT SAM MOORE WHAT A GUY TO DO A LAST SPOT(THE FLOOR SAYS IT ALL :lol: PACKED). BRILLIANT CROWD IN AGAIN AND THANKS FOR ALL THE KIND WORDS HERES MY PLAYLIST IN NO ORDER WELL THE FIRST ONE IS.

KING BEE=BERRY STREET STA. REQUEST

MY KIND OF WOMAN=EDWIN STARR

MY LOVE IS GETTIN STRONGER=CLIFF NOBLES

AM I GROOVIN YOU=FREDDIE SCOTT REQUEST

LONELY LOVER=MARVIN GAYE

CLOUD NINE=MONGO SANTAMARIA (Tonyp a 20lb pie thats no problem thats what we call a side dish)

THE CRAZE=SHERMAN EVANS

BABY IM SERIOUS=CHARLOTTA TILLMAN

RIGHT NOW=RAY SCOTT

CHECK IT BABY=WILLIE&THE MIGHTY MAGS

OH WEE BABY=FRED HUGHES

DRIVIN BEAT=WILLIE MITCHELL

PARTY POWER=JUNIOR WELLS MR. TAYLOR :lol:

I NEED YOUR LOVE=DYNAMICS

LEAVING HERE=JIMMY HANNA

IM I BACK YES I AM=GENE CHANDLER C/UP KARL :lol:

CAN,T LOSE MY HEAD=GEORGE BLACKWELL

I FEEL ALRIGHT=TURLEY RICHARDS OPPS SORRY STE HAD ALREADY PLAYED IT :lol: GET STUFFED COGGI

FUNKY DOWNTOWN=GEORGE JAY C/UP

BABY TAKE A CHANCE ON ME=JACK MONTGOMERY

TRY LOVE=SPARKELS FOR JENNY.

OMAR KHAYYAM= RUBAIYATS REQUEST FOR THE COGSTER

THATS ITS DUDES TILL NEXT TIME ATB ENZO :lol:

Edited by enzo

Well that was my 1st visit to Barnsley,and it wont be the last,i loved it a near perfect nighter imo.

great to see loads of mates i aint seen in ages,all wondering what the f*** im doing so far up north,like i said to them all ive heard great reports on this place i just had to have a look for myself,and i was not dissapointed in anyway. With that i shall return.

Set off at 5.30 pick up Carol in Rushden pick up M1 ,traffic a nightmare as always,phoned an old mate in Sheffield,nearly give him a heart attack by saying open the bloody door mate im getting cold out here,a few drinks and stuff off we go to pick up Mick Parry and co,trying to follow a lunatic driver in a strange place to find Barnsley well that was hard work but worth it.

A lovely venue is the Citrus rooms,with a well stocked bar just how i like it :lol: ,met up with Dave Rivers ,Neil ,Dolly,flanny & Debs,plus loads of other people who made it a great nighter.

Some awesome tunes played out by all the DJs

Like i said i WILL return.......thanks Barnsley i loved it.

Toby.

Guest gendojones

Good time had by all it appeared.

Great to meet up with so many people again. To list them all would take up too much of my precious time. They know who they are.

Didnt dance as much as normal, but kickboxing and a full day at work left me more knackered than usual. Sorry if I bored people talking about it. I did make a point of telling most people!!

Thanks again to Simon and Amie for putting this event on- I know how much it means to them and how much effort they put in. I know they well and truly proved this niter is here to stay after Friday.

ktf and see everyone soon

Owain

Good time had by all it appeared.

Great to meet up with so many people again. To list them all would take up too much of my precious time. They know who they are.

Didnt dance as much as normal, but kickboxing and a full day at work left me more knackered than usual. Sorry if I bored people talking about it. I did make a point of telling most people!!

Thanks again to Simon and Amie for putting this event on- I know how much it means to them and how much effort they put in. I know they well and truly proved this niter is here to stay after Friday.

ktf and see everyone soon

Owain

Owain,

Dont be so hard on yourself,we have all been to nighters when we are not 100% I only wish I could do as many moves as you when your knackered :thumbup:

Like I told you its all in the mind,Iam called a funny bugger when Im not 100% Quote,Webby whats up with you, you miserable bugger,you have got a face like a smacked arse :lol:

Kind Regards,Kev :)

Guest Neil Taylor

OK HERE GO,S ARRIVED NICE AND EARLY AT THE CITRUS TO SEE STEVE P. KICK OFF THIS EXCELLENT ALNIGHTER :thumbsup: AND WHAT A GREAT START DANCERS UP STRIGHT FROM THE OFF :yes: ONE THING ABOUT THIS PLACE IS YOU PLAY THE TUNES AND THIS GREAT CROWD WILL DANCE :yes: EARLY OR LATE IT MAKES NO DIFFERENCE THEN THE FINGERS GEZZER WAS NEXT ON TO PLAY HIS STUFF FOLLOWED BY NEIL JONES WHO AGAIN WAS IN TOP FORM(VOLUMES!! TUUUNE) NEXT UP YOURS TRULY THE RUDDSTER(I HAD A GREAT TIME UP THERE) NEXT THE FLAN MAN WITH A GREAT SET AND THEN TOP FELLA STEVE THOMAS WITH A FANTASTIC SET(I AGREE WITH FINGERS THAT FIRST TUNE KEEP WITH IT MATE) NEXT UP THE MAN CALLED SIMON :thumbsup: WELL DONE MATE FIRSTLY TO YOU AND AMIE FOR PROMOTING THIS GREAT VENUE AND FOR THE PASSION YOU PUT INTO YOUR SPOTS AND LAST BUT NOT LEAST THE GREAT SAM MOORE WHAT A GUY TO DO A LAST SPOT(THE FLOOR SAYS IT ALL :thumbup: PACKED). BRILLIANT CROWD IN AGAIN AND THANKS FOR ALL THE KIND WORDS HERES MY PLAYLIST IN NO ORDER WELL THE FIRST ONE IS.

LONELY LOVER=MARVIN GAYE

CLOUD NINE=MONGO SANTAMARIA (Tonyp a 20lb pie thats no problem thats what we call a side dish)

THE CRAZE=SHERMAN EVANS

RIGHT NOW=RAY SCOTT

OH WEE BABY=FRED HUGHES

PARTY POWER=JUNIOR WELLS MR. TAYLOR :thumbsup:

LEAVING HERE=JIMMY HANNA

IM I BACK YES I AM=GENE CHANDLER C/UP KARL :shhh:

I FEEL ALRIGHT=TURLEY RICHARDS OPPS SORRY STE HAD ALREADY PLAYED IT :lol: GET STUFFED COGGI

THATS ITS DUDES TILL NEXT TIME ATB ENZO ph34r.gif

TOP SET-MY BROTHER,FROM ANOTHER MOTHER............FUNKY.

Guest James Trouble

Quality, and we even got there in time to catch 45 minutes of Fingers, alrighty!!!

Had to head off around 3.30 as had stuff to do the next day, and although we were a bit too drunk to dance the time we had there was first class.

As good as all the DJs were, for me the stars of the show were the promotion team of Simon and Amie. Hats off to you. Love the membership system, the friendly welcome on the door, love the mix of folk you attract, love the attitude of all involved which obviously starts at Simon and Amie and works it's way through to everyone in the house, love the venue, hoofing sound system. Top drawer, not much more to add!

If anyone has yet to try this party (and it is a party!), I'd personally highly recommend it. A trip up from Essex that was WELL worth it!

Edited by James Trouble

Quality, and we even got there in time to catch 45 minutes of Fingers, alrighty!!!

Had to head off around 3.30 as had stuff to do the next day, and although we were a bit too drunk to dance the time we had there was first class.

As good as all the DJs were, for me the stars of the show were the promotion team of Simon and Amie. Hats off to you. Love the membership system, the friendly welcome on the door, love the mix of folk you attract, love the attitude of all involved which obviously starts at Simon and Amie and works it's way through to everyone in the house, love the venue, hoofing sound system. Top drawer, not much more to add!

If anyone has yet to try this party (and it is a party!), I'd personally highly recommend it. A trip up from Essex that was WELL worth it!

I've got something to add, where's my record...I told you to look after it, not sod off with it... :thumbsup:

My second time at Stormin Soul and it didn't disappoint!

First of all thanks to Owain for the lift and Darlo Sue (Gilham) for the good company. We arrived around 10.45 or so as got caught up in a tail back behind a nasty accident on the A1 ohmy.gif

All the djs played blinding sets, but downstairs I particularly enjoyed Johnny Fingers, Flanny and Neil Jones sets.

Went upstairs and danced plenty, not on the dancefloor though as that was packed. Absolutely awesome R&B played. I particularly enjoyed Clangers set.

Thanx to Aimee and Simon for the friendly welcome as always. Also thanks to Keith (Redcoupe) for the natter, we can both talk the hind leg off a donkey when we get going :P

It was great to put names to faces with some fellow Soul Sourcers, Tabs and Sian, good to meet ya folks :lol: .

In the words of Arne Swarzenegger "I'll be Back". :D

Suz

x

Guest Little Queenie

:D <------ That is what my face has been like since Friday!

I am so chuffed that everyone had an amazing, banging time at Stormin' Soul!

I put my heart and soul into it every time to bring, what I believe, a top night. And I stood back with real pride on Friday night, looking at a line up of fantastic, stormin' DJs and two rooms full of true northern soul and rnb allniter fans, and I felt so smug to call you all our Stormin' Soul members!

It's took a while and a few teething problems to get where we have, but I can finally say we have definitely done it! And I hope you were all happy with the changes to our RnB Loft!

So I want to say a huge THANK YOU for heading over to Barnsley and well and truly putting Barnsley on the allniter map (for the first time!) :D

It's your club, and I know you have the passion that I have! So lets all get together and make this HUGE PARTY last and make Stormin' Soul the best Allniter around :thumbup:

xxx

:D <------ That is what my face has been like since Friday!

I am so chuffed that everyone had an amazing, banging time at Stormin' Soul!

I put my heart and soul into it every time to bring, what I believe, a top night. And I stood back with real pride on Friday night, looking at a line up of fantastic, stormin' DJs and two rooms full of true northern soul and rnb allniter fans, and I felt so smug to call you all our Stormin' Soul members!

It's took a while and a few teething problems to get where we have, but I can finally say we have definitely done it! And I hope you were all happy with the changes to our RnB Loft!

So I want to say a huge THANK YOU for heading over to Barnsley and well and truly putting Barnsley on the allniter map (for the first time!) :D

It's your club, and I know you have the passion that I have! So lets all get together and make this HUGE PARTY last and make Stormin' Soul the best Allniter around :thumbup:

xxx

Just a thankyou for letting me loose on the decks in the RnB room darlin.Elaine and mself always like coming to Barnsley and agree this was the best yet.Say hello to Sam for me.Didnt get chance to catch him tho Elaine did.Well done to you for putting in all the effort1

ROB SAVETZ(NEWBURY) :D

OK HERE GO,S ARRIVED NICE AND EARLY AT THE CITRUS TO SEE STEVE P. KICK OFF THIS EXCELLENT ALNIGHTER :wave: AND WHAT A GREAT START DANCERS UP STRIGHT FROM THE OFF :yes: ONE THING ABOUT THIS PLACE IS YOU PLAY THE TUNES AND THIS GREAT CROWD WILL DANCE :yes: EARLY OR LATE IT MAKES NO DIFFERENCE THEN THE FINGERS GEZZER WAS NEXT ON TO PLAY HIS STUFF FOLLOWED BY NEIL JONES WHO AGAIN WAS IN TOP FORM(VOLUMES!! TUUUNE) NEXT UP YOURS TRULY THE RUDDSTER(I HAD A GREAT TIME UP THERE) NEXT THE FLAN MAN WITH A GREAT SET AND THEN TOP FELLA STEVE THOMAS WITH A FANTASTIC SET(I AGREE WITH FINGERS THAT FIRST TUNE KEEP WITH IT MATE) NEXT UP THE MAN CALLED SIMON :( WELL DONE MATE FIRSTLY TO YOU AND AMIE FOR PROMOTING THIS GREAT VENUE AND FOR THE PASSION YOU PUT INTO YOUR SPOTS AND LAST BUT NOT LEAST THE GREAT SAM MOORE WHAT A GUY TO DO A LAST SPOT(THE FLOOR SAYS IT ALL :g: PACKED). BRILLIANT CROWD IN AGAIN AND THANKS FOR ALL THE KIND WORDS HERES MY PLAYLIST IN NO ORDER WELL THE FIRST ONE IS.

LONELY LOVER=MARVIN GAYE

THE CRAZE=SHERMAN EVANS

RIGHT NOW=RAY SCOTT

OH WEE BABY=FRED HUGHES

PARTY POWER=JUNIOR WELLS MR. TAYLOR :lol:

LEAVING HERE=JIMMY HANNA

IM I BACK YES I AM=GENE CHANDLER C/UP KARL :D

OMAR KHAYYAM= RUBAIYATS REQUEST FOR THE COGSTER

THATS ITS DUDES TILL NEXT TIME ATB ENZO :D

GREAT SET MATE , SORRY FOR LATE LOL POSTING ... :D

FIRST TIME AT BARNSLEY FOR ME UN REALLY ENJOYED IT GREAT UP FOR IT CROWD , PLACE WAS REALY BISSY VERY EARLY ON RIGHT THROW TILL THE END AND BOY DID THE NITE FLY PAST !!

THE TRACK I PLAYED FIRST WAS "BOBBY DAY - SO LONELY -SURE SHOT ONLY AROUND £40 AT THE MO BUT ALOT ASKED ABOUT IT AFTER EVEN THOGHT IT CLEARED THE FLOOR !! SO FIND ONE FAST BUDDY

BEST STEVE T :shhh:

Source Advert