Andreas

• Replies 16
  • Views 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest TONY ROUNCE

Hi, could someone please let me know whats the different between the original press from ´72 and the repress? Thank you.

...about 30 years... :lol:

I've got an original for sale in mint condition, and still with the shrinkwrap on if you or anyone else here is interested in buying it...

Social source share

Guest Ivor Jones

Hi, could someone please let me know whats the different between the original press from ´72 and the repress? Thank you.

ALTERNATIVELY, IF YOU WANT JUST THE TWO BEST TRACKS FOR THE DANCEFLOOR["DONT YOU CARE" & "NEVER DID I STOP LOVING YOU"] THEN YOU CAN OBTAIN THESE BACK TO BACK ON A LEGAL 45,WHICH IS A LEGALLY ISSUED [AS OPPOSED TO BOOTLEGGED] 45 ON UK ACID JAZZ RECORDS. DECENT PRESSING DONE STRAIGHT FROM THE MASTER TAPE AS WELL AND A HIGHLY RECOMMENDED RELEASE FROM MY OLD MATE EDDIE PILLAR smile.gif . THE CAPTAIN JACK SPARROW OF THE MOD SCENE :lol:

IF YOU HAVENT GOT ONE YOU NEED THIS,ITS ESSENTIAL,

BEST, IVOR

Social source share

Andreas

Think theres been a thread on here a couple of years ago so a search may be helpful to you

All the original ones I've seen have a "distributed by Roulette records" sticker on the front of the sleeve

Cheers Paul

My copy - original bought from the haul that Marc Lessner was selling in 1991 - doesn't have the Roulette sticker. I don't think any of that lot did.

Just spinning 'Don't You Care' as I type this. Probably one of my top ten favourite DJing tunes of all time, and a massive record on the Acid Jazz scene in the early to mid 90s.

Anyone who likes this should try out the Ellerine Harding LP on Mainstream from around the same period.

Social source share

Guest Richard Bergman

My copy - original bought from the haul that Marc Lessner was selling in 1991 - doesn't have the Roulette sticker. I don't think any of that lot did.

Just spinning 'Don't You Care' as I type this. Probably one of my top ten favourite DJing tunes of all time, and a massive record on the Acid Jazz scene in the early to mid 90s.

Anyone who likes this should try out the Ellerine Harding LP on Mainstream from around the same period.

Agreed. I have always lauded the Ellerine Harding album to anyone who would listen. A snip at £20 /£30 or so.

Social source share

Agreed. I have always lauded the Ellerine Harding album to anyone who would listen. A snip at £20 /£30 or so.

Very true Richard. Have played ' I Aint Got much But its Yours ' out on two occasions. Always has people clammering to see who the singer is.

A bargain lp often overlooked for bigger names...

Social source share

Guest Brett F

Just for historical musical content, i have the demo of the original album........photograph enclosed.

ps.stand out track for me is "HEY GIRL"..............f************* INCREDIBLE TUNE.

BRETT FRANKLIN

PS....IF YOU WANNA KNOW THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN ORIGINAL AND RE-PRESS.THEN JUST USE YOUR NOSE, SMELL THE SLEEVE THEN SMELL THE VINYL.......IT WORKS BELIEVE ME...............

Edited by Brett F
Social source share

Guest Ivor Jones

Just for historical musical content, i have the demo of the original album........photograph enclosed.

ps.stand out track for me is "HEY GIRL"..............f************* INCREDIBLE TUNE.

BRETT FRANKLIN

PS....IF YOU WANNA KNOW THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN ORIGINAL AND RE-PRESS.THEN JUST USE YOUR NOSE, SMELL THE SLEEVE THEN SMELL THE VINYL.......IT WORKS BELIEVE ME...............

Now THAT Sir is FANTASTIC..... laugh.gif Listen Brett, people already think we are weirdos. What on earth will they think if we all go round smelling the vinyl :P:lol::lol: You have smelly vinyl for sale Sir ? :unsure:

Social source share

Guest Brett F

Now THAT Sir is FANTASTIC..... laugh.gif Listen Brett, people already think we are weirdos. What on earth will they think if we all go round smelling the vinyl :P:lol::lol: You have smelly vinyl for sale Sir ? :unsure:

Hi Ivor mate, look my good man, we are i believe from the building trade, so we above most folks are allowed to be weirdos...... :lol:

Brett

Social source share

I agree, as bizarre (or naughty? :thumbsup: ) as "smelling vinyl" may sound. Even if it was still sealed and stored away in a dry room for 30 odd years there's a huge difference in smell and 'feeling' of vinyl and cover between a recent press and one done 20/30 odd years ago.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!