Bad Ebay Dealing

NEV

Hi all

Thought i'd share this experience with fellow ebayers .

I won a record a few weeks back for around £120 which was described as a rough copy but plays well both sides.

Record in question is not important but,when i got home there was a parcel force slip asking for £35 customs&excise charge :wicked:

I was to be honest a bit gutted and got in touch with seller explaining situation and asked if he would at least be willing to meet me half way with cost.He replied saying it was in his interest and for his and my protection to always declare fulll value of his sales.

Bearing in mind the buyer(myself)foots the bill for his higher than normal postal charge ($15),i said he could've sent it registered without declaring the full value.

Anyway he wasnt having any of it and suggested i pay the fee.I even asked if i let parcel force send it back could he re-send with lower value and i'd pay the postage .No reply !

I reluctantly paid the fee cos i didnt think i'd see the record or my money again.

I informed him that i'd payed the fee,told him i wasnt happy and that if when i get record it is worse than he described i'd be seeking a refund.

He now tells me ,if i pursue a refund or give bad feedback he will inform Customs and excise that i buy records and don't declare them and he knows this works because he has already followed this procedure with others who have been down same path as me.

Well at best i can let the worlds biggest soul forum know who this seller is and say, should you contemplate buying off him be sure your purchase will have a steep duty charge slapped on it :unsure:

pony89 is his username

Social source share

• Replies 19
  • Views 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Hi all

I won a record a few weeks back for around £120 which was described as a rough copy but plays well both sides.

Record in question is not important but,when i got home there was a parcel force slip asking for £35 customs&excise charge :wicked:

I was to be honest a bit gutted and got in touch with seller explaining situation and asked if he would at least be willing to meet me half way with cost.He replied saying it was in his interest and for his and my protection to always declare fulll value of his sales.

Bearing in mind the buyer(myself)foots the bill for his higher than normal postal charge ($15),i said he could've sent it registered without declaring the full value.

Anyway he wasnt having any of it and suggested i pay the fee.I even asked if i let parcel force send it back could he re-send with lower value and i'd pay the postage .No reply !

I reluctantly paid the fee cos i didnt think i'd see the record or my money again.

I informed him that i'd payed the fee,told him i wasnt happy and that if when i get record it is worse than he described i'd be seeking a refund.

He now tells me ,if i pursue a refund or give bad feedback he will inform Customs and excise that i buy records and don't declare them and he knows this works because he has already followed this procedure with others who have been down same path as me.

Well at best i can let the worlds biggest soul forum know who this seller is and say, should you contemplate buying off him be sure your purchase will have a steep duty charge slapped on it :unsure:

pony89 is his username

Call his bluff Nev. If the record isn't up to scratch he HAS to refund you.

Social source share

Call his bluff Nev. If the record isn't up to scratch he HAS to refund you.

Ive always been of the opinion this was the case Pete but i had some unsavoury dealings a bit back.

I bid on a record without reading full description ,saw it late and bid quickly to win it.Upon closer inspection it was described as vg+ plays ok but with issues?? I looked at his returns policy ,he didnt have one so iasked him before paying.

He said i should have read full description before bidding and that because of his fair description i wouldnt be eligible for a refund if i wasnt happy when record arrived.

So i never paid him :wicked: He then went a bit mental and reported me to ebay for not honouring a contract .

Anyways i sent ebay a detailed excuse for not paying but still got a strike against me :unsure:

Social source share

Well at best i can let the worlds biggest soul forum know who this seller is and say, should you contemplate buying off him be sure your purchase will have a steep duty charge slapped on it :wicked:

pony89 is his username

Social source share

Hi guys

We have the same problem with Canada Customs.

I have learnt the hard way to always ask before I bid whether the seller will declare a lower value or not.

Some have no trouble with it, some are sticklers.

I either stay away from the sticklers, or if I really, really want the record, I get them to send it to a trusted friend in the US, and my pal to send it on.

Cheers,

Marc

Social source share

DONE IT ALREADY :wicked:

He wasnt too fussed :unsure:

:lol::lol:again what a knobhead

I started selling stuff on ebay etc over 5 years ago,

600 plus transactions etc etc

the first time a buyer contacted me and said he wasn't happy with the condition of the record against my grade, I nearly pooed me pants, and quickly refunded him, because you know what, when you treat people proper they come back and they spread the word and so on and so on

this man is a fookin idiot, and a twat,and a knobhead :lol:

PS Nev have you got the record yet :lol:

Social source share

Well at best i can let the worlds biggest soul forum know who this seller is and say, should you contemplate buying off him be sure your purchase will have a steep duty charge slapped on it :wicked:

pony89 is his username

Nev have a look at his feedback are there any negatives which would indicate he has gone down the route of informing Customs.

Pony I think he sounds more like a donkey wanker.gif

Suz

x

Sue he's not a pony nor a donkey ...He's an ASS :unsure:

Social source share

another big time ass wipe to watch out for is cb4533rpm ,

just took mo & me for a lot of $, the f*** wit :wicked:

imformed ebay, seems to me there about as much use as a jelly hatchet, as long as they get there fee's, they dont want to know.

ended up with no record,no money, like to bump into the twat!!!!!

Social source share

Hi all

pony89 is his username

Had the opposite - ebay seller sells a record to me for under $10 and puts $100 on the bloody declaration - now that is a twat.

Social source share

Guest pauldicko

PONY89 -----WAS JUST LOOKING AT HIS AUCTION YESTERDAY - COUPLE CAUGHT MY EYE AND PUT SHORTCUT ONTO DESKTOP TO HAVE ANOTHER LOOK NEARER END - HES GOT 817 ITEMS ON AT THE MOMENT.

WILL DELETE SHORTCUT NOW - THATS 1 LESS SALE AT LEAST FOR HIM.

MUST ADMIT THOUGH MAYBE IVE BEEN LUCKY BUT NOT HAD A PROBLEM WITH USA SITES IVE USED SO FAR - ALL VALUE LOW FOR CUSTOMS AND NOT HAD TO PAY CUSTOMS YET !!!!!!!.

Edited by pauldicko
Social source share

i also got caught for 87 fine once, and that was because customs opened the box and the ebay invoice was inside ph34r.gif

now i ask them to ship international tracked and signed for with no Insurance and to put used 45 on customs slip no value.... always get it becaused it's tracked...cost 26 us but worth it in the long run for buys over 150 us...

plus if you do not pay the fees, it's not delivered and the new paypal rules are if it's not delivered you get a refund....proof of postage as a seller is no longer good enough, that's why i only send items over 36 uk pounds by special delivery, as i got hit for a 150 refund when a buyer said he did not get the item just after the rules changed.

have to cover your arse on ebay all ways, sad but true

Social source share

I'm amazed how many times sellers accidently miss off the decimal point when putting the value on the customs form :) . After all who would pay $750 for an old record its not gold you know clearly it's meant to be $7.50 anyone can see that. innocent.gif

:lol: got to be worth a try, the vat man may let you off the first time, then maybe not

Social source share

Guest Spinning Vinyl

Wonders if he pays Tax on what he sells would be awfully shocking if he got a tax demand on undeclared profits from sales wink.gif

Did win a tune the other week for $9 they invoiced me demanding $15 P&P and a compulsory $1.70 insurance! Thought bit steep but hey cant be asked arguing til I received the record in a a folded not thick piece of card board, no sleeve on the record, no insurance and sent at std $3.60 rate! Sent them emails no reply but after reporting them they refunded the difference!

Been stung by customs once and I know how you feel!

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert