Evolution At The Ivo St Ive's 23rd May 2009

• Replies 148
  • Views 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Is this soul source Mick? Can i please can i?

Realy looking foward to this now it is creeping up!

Got to say I think we have a pretty damn fine line up in the R and B room,can't wait to bring a few people over to the DARK SIDE!!

Guest red or dead

Only 3 weeks to go now! Tickets selling nicely :thumbsup: and if last year was anything to go by its going to be a night not to be missed.

Only 3 weeks to go now! Tickets selling nicely :rolleyes: and if last year was anything to go by its going to be a night not to be missed.

speaking as one of the nearly 700 who attended last year i think you just might be right there miss red or dead :ohmy:

Hey dave if this is half as good as the first one last year then were in for a cracker of a night thumbup.gifthumbup.gif

Reckon this one is gonna top the last one .... let's make it happen. Don't forget for those who like their r'n'b it's upstairs at the back. Kickin off in there from 9pm. Roger Banks, Big Jon etc etc are behind the decks!! Plus the magical main room and the modern room...something for everyone! :lol:

Reckon this one is gonna top the last one .... let's make it happen. Don't forget for those who like their r'n'b it's upstairs at the back. Kickin off in there from 9pm. Roger Banks, Big Jon etc etc are behind the decks!! Plus the magical main room and the modern room...something for everyone! :lol:

welcom back home tigger , hope you have a good rest, find any 45's over in the sun ?????? RnB room gonna be packed me thinks :rolleyes:

Guest Catfish

I'm looking forward to this. The addition of a 70's onwards/ 'modern' room has enticed me back. Will be arriving early so I can get a seat somewhere before all the coachloads of handbaggers reserve the tables en masse, German tourist style. Still they need it more than me; I'll be dancing not sitting, most of the time. Perhaps I'll bring my own deckchair & stripy towel just in case.

Hope to make this one and looking forward to the more upfront music policy. Can remember Sam playing out Lester Tipton as a new spin back at the Dayer there in 79/80 and saying "Oops - meant to save that for a couple of weeks time!"

Mark C :thumbup:

Can't agree more re the Spaniards,some ciggies and booze would be greatly appreciated!

So looking forward to playing in the R and B room for this and hearing all the other great DJs as well,on hearing how many people were at this last year it looks like its going to be a great night!

Guest red or dead
I'm looking forward to this. The addition of a 70's onwards/ 'modern' room has enticed me back. Will be arriving early so I can get a seat somewhere before all the coachloads of handbaggers reserve the tables en masse, German tourist style. Still they need it more than me; I'll be dancing not sitting, most of the time. Perhaps I'll bring my own deckchair & stripy towel just in case.
Why are you arriving early then if you dont need the seat
Guest red or dead
if catfish is as old as you he/she will most certainly need a bath-chair of some sort later in the evening..... about 8:45 !!!! :thumbsup:Age not withstanding my point is valid ! Why dis people for having seats then say you are arriving early to save one

Hi Catfish

the modern room will be late 80's onwards and lots of 90's and 00's ...... the reunion is the one where this room is mid 70's to mid 80's ..... the odd early 80's may be dropped but i would guess not many..... this is a room to dance in and there will be soulful house, soulful garage, upto date RnB and soul ! .... a dance room more than a connoisseurs mid tempo room .... will drop that Richard Rogers track you liked at peterborough if the mood is right

cheers

David

Hi Catfish

the modern room will be late 80's onwards and lots of 90's and 00's ...... the reunion is the one where this room is mid 70's to mid 80's ..... the odd early 80's may be dropped but i would guess not many..... this is a room to dance in and there will be soulful house, soulful garage, upto date RnB and soul ! .... a dance room more than a connoisseurs mid tempo room .... will drop that Richard Rogers track you liked at peterborough if the mood is right

cheers

David

Which room am I in again? 70s 80s or Late 80s onwards?

Just want to make sure I bring the right records.....Steve

Really looking forward to it Steve,will be good to see you :thumbsup: (and listen of course :P:P !!)

See ya there

Steve

Hi Steve

see ya sat in the disco crap 12" room as some call it....... but the cool, place to be, room imho :P ....... i just wish i could be in all three rooms at once..... RnB in 2 rooms one i know you hate the other you like :lol:

Which room am I in again? 70s 80s or Late 80s onwards?

Just want to make sure I bring the right records.....Steve

Hi Steve

the 80's onwards room many 90's and a lot of 2004/5/6/7/8/9 choons will be played... my self and chris played some that had only just come out on downloads last year (joey negro mix's etc)..... 70's cross over will be in the main room , as things like daybreak, charles johnson are main room spins most of the time now :thumbsup: Tavasco went down well last year.... just enjoy yourself and rock the room Steve and do what you do, Sam is on after you so you can play all his big stuff lol :lol: