New Night! New Night! - Cross Keys Hotel Hednesford

Gaz Lees

New night! at an old soul venue '

'Goodtimes Soul Club' at Cross Keys Hotel Hednesford - Coach House Suite Fri 27th Feb 2009

With 'Goodtimes' regulars Gaz Lees & Blue Max and our first guest Glynn 'Groovy' Preece.

The Old Coach House Suite is part of the listed building Cross Keys Hotel - Hill St - Hednesford

Soul nights where held here in the 80s and we're back to revive them.

Our 1st night will be a Oldies & Tamla 50 years old Birthday Party so come and join us, limited to 100 only so be early should be a brilliant atmosphere in a special room further dates to follow.

8.00-12.45 bar til 12.15.

£3.00 admission

Edited by gaz lees
  • Replies 33
  • Views 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

For those who fancy stopping over the night the ajoining Cross Keys Hotel (voted Staffordshires best pub 2008) has 12 comfortable rooms including single/doubles/twins starting at £26.95/night with full english breakfast available at £3.95

Tel 01543 879534 - Fax 01543 424454 for further details

New night! at an old soul venue '

'Goodtimes Soul Club' at Cross Keys Hotel Hednesford - Coach House Suite Fri 27th Jan 2009

With 'Goodtimes' regulars Gaz Lees & Blue Max and our first guest Glynn 'Groovy' Preece.

The Old Coach House Suite is part of the listed building Cross Keys Hotel - Hill St - Hednesford

Soul nights where held here in the 80s and we're back to revive them.

Our 1st night will be a Oldies & Tamla 50 years old Birthday Party so come and join us, limited to 100 only so be early should be a brilliant atmosphere in a special room further dates to follow.

8.00-12.45 bar til 12.15.

£3.00 admission

hi gaz, have some great memories of this lovely cosy venue!! going back only a few

years ago, when two old friends "bob turner" & "mark wills" ran a crackin' little

crossover soul night!! looking forward to returning to the "cross keys"

max.. check the date mate!!

Edited by max.millward

hi gaz, have some great memories of this lovely cosy venue!! going back only a few

years ago, when two old friends "bob turner" & "mark wills" ran a crackin' little

crossover soul night!! looking forward to returning to the "cross keys"

max.. check the date mate!!

Well spotted mate Sherlock Holmes got nothing on you! :yes: we should have been there last week according to me then ha! ha! changed to correct date Feb 27th not Jan 27th.

Yes also remember Maurice James doing northern nights here as well would be great to get Bob, Mark and Maurice back for a reunion night eh at one of the next ones.

Gaz.

Guest mvb031259

Coming round soon at this 400 year old coaching pub great 1st night in prospect dont forget capacity only 90/100 get there early should be a great atmosphere.

What a fine combination Gaz, you just can't beat the oldies for me and motown too! :D Work early sat morn but we'll be there. A couple of requests to start you off that's top of my pops just lately Investigate Major Lance and Sock it to em'JB Rex Garvin hope you can chuck them in your box. :D

Coming round soon at this 400 year old coaching pub great 1st night in prospect dont forget capacity only 90/100 get there early should be a great atmosphere.

The venue sounds fantastic Gaz and I know it will go well for you. Sadly we cant get to the Febuary one :yes: but the next one will be firmly in my diary :thumbup: .

After the past two week ends out and about my knees feel 400 years old :thumbup:

Best

Pat

The venue sounds fantastic Gaz and I know it will go well for you. Sadly we cant get to the Febuary one :( but the next one will be firmly in my diary :( .

After the past two week ends out and about my knees feel 400 years old :D

Best

Pat

You bet March is in ya diary Pat your'e our special guest for the night thumbsup.gif catch ya soon mate RU going to Prestatyn? thumbup.gif

What a fine combination Gaz, you just can't beat the oldies for me and motown too! rolleyes.gif Work early sat morn but we'll be there. A couple of requests to start you off that's top of my pops just lately Investigate Major Lance and Sock it to em'JB Rex Garvin hope you can chuck them in your box. thumbup.gif

Certainly put the Rex Garvin in Major Lance is a great track dont think Ive got one will have to look for you, my mate Max might have one floating around see what we can do.

What a fine combination Gaz, you just can't beat the oldies for me and motown too! :shades: Work early sat morn but we'll be there. A couple of requests to start you off that's top of my pops just lately Investigate Major Lance and Sock it to em'JB Rex Garvin hope you can chuck them in your box. :D

Should have both on the night found my Major Lance should be a great opening night loads of interest in this intimate little venue should be a cracking atmosphere dont forget limited to 90 punters be early.

Gaz

Guest mvb031259

Should have both on the night found my Major Lance should be a great opening night loads of interest in this intimate little venue should be a cracking atmosphere dont forget limited to 90 punters be early.

Gaz

What a tune!! tell ya what Gaz that'll have to have some stick give it a play up Keys Park as well eh. Talking of which haven't seen any adverts in local press for March event,is it on?

What a tune!! tell ya what Gaz that'll have to have some stick give it a play up Keys Park as well eh. Talking of which haven't seen any adverts in local press for March event,is it on?

Yep its on Friday 6th March due to prior booking not Saturday there has been some problems re adverts with the new promotions manager.

Should be put right now and local newspaper adverts should be in I'll put on SS as well.

Gaz

Gaz

yeh!! this is what we want!! loads of requests!! so com'n if youre coming to and want to hear anything! say that old favourite, let us know & well sort it!! listen this is a mega cosy venue! small! intimate! easy parking! a lovely atmospheric room!!

really looking forward to this opening night!!

max.."good times" soul club

Guest poacher

Yes Gaz

Its coming round, looking forward to it mate, and getting back behind the decks...and spinning some oldies

I can't wait..... thumbup.gif

Glyn

glyn i really do hope you mean spin yhe vinyl and not us oldies cus if you do ill be sick all over you matey :lol::(:(:lol:

Well from the feedback I'm getting this is gonna be a lockout don't forget ony 90 in max so don't be late to avoid the disappointment of not getting in.

And as Max said get those requests in asap should be an absolute cracking night and for our 1st one £3.00 in.

Gaz

Yep mate sounds like gonna be good 1st night...less than a week away...I better sort the box out with bits of every thing.... :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Glyn...

What a fine combination Gaz, you just can't beat the oldies for me and motown too! :ohmy: Work early sat morn but we'll be there. A couple of requests to start you off that's top of my pops just lately Investigate Major Lance and Sock it to em'JB Rex Garvin hope you can chuck them in your box. thumbup.gif

Played that Major Lance tonight forgot how good it was definate play on friday

Gaz

i'll leave it up to you then gaz!! and find a few more of them monster old classics!!

there's 100's of em i aye played for years!! bet that young glyn will find a few nice things!!

max..

Max I'm sure you will have a few tricks up ya sleeve from the old Catacombes days we aint heard for yonks thumbup.gif

Guest mvb031259

Played that Major Lance tonight forgot how good it was definate play on friday

Gaz

Yeh i hadn't heard it since i was in my teens and they played it up the Wheel think it was boxing nt couldn't even remember what it was called but a good friend of mine put me right,.... CD not been out of my car since. Have asked for it a few times since but no one seemed to have it...... enter good old Gaz thumbup.gif Just hope we don't get locked out gotta take my daughter to the airport fri nt see ya there.

Edited by mvb031259

Yeh i hadn't heard it since i was in my teens and they played it up the Wheel think it was boxing nt couldn't even remember what it was called but a good friend of mine put me right,.... CD not been out of my car since. Have asked for it a few times since but no one seemed to have it...... enter good old Gaz :lol: Just hope we don't get locked out gotta take my daughter to the airport fri nt see ya there.

i'm sure we'll find room for ya!! especially as we got tunes to play for ya!!

see you friday night!!

max..

i'll leave it up to you then gaz!! and find a few more of them monster old classics!!

there's 100's of em i aye played for years!! bet that young glyn will find a few nice things!!

max..

Thats it the vinyl's in the box.....I'm rarin' to go....lets party.... :g:

Here we go then dj times this could change on the night depends on door duties etc.

7.45-8.30 Gaz

8.30-9.15 Glynn

9.15-10.00 Max

10-10.45 Gaz

10.45 - 11.30 Glynn

11.30 - 12.15 Max

12.15 - 12.45 Gaz & Max to finish

not long now!! looking forward to checkin' out the old building again!!

be nice if willsy & turner popped along!!

this friday @ the cross keys hotel hednesford 7-45 til 12-45 only £3 otd

not long now!! looking forward to checkin' out the old building again!!

be nice if willsy & turner popped along!!

this friday @ the cross keys hotel hednesford 7-45 til 12-45 only £3 otd

Have you got any idea where they live mate or contact numbers etc if you aint perhaps someone can put us in touch with them. I have Maurice James number would be great to get them along for one of the future dates Oh! yes other dates lined up :huh: .

Gaz

Have you got any idea where they live mate or contact numbers etc if you aint perhaps someone can put us in touch with them. I have Maurice James number would be great to get them along for one of the future dates Oh! yes other dates lined up :P .

Gaz

Hi Gaz

Hope this is a goer for ya bro!! thumbsup.gif

This venue was where Morris James , Spook, Eric Phillips and Me run the Soul nights in the 90s , the fore runner to the Wonder Ful AQUARIUS Soul Nites!!

It was ALWAYS rammed so i hope ya do that too bro , its a lovely little venue!! :P

Have a great one

Come on you WOLVES biggrin.gif

Torchboy xx

Hi Gaz

Hope this is a goer for ya bro!! thumbsup.gif

This venue was where Morris James , Spook, Eric Phillips and Me run the Soul nights in the 90s , the fore runner to the Wonder Ful AQUARIUS Soul Nites!!

It was ALWAYS rammed so i hope ya do that too bro , its a lovely little venue!! :P

Have a great one

Come on you WOLVES :lol:

Torchboy xx

Thanks for the kind words Nige shame you spoilt it at the end with the dingle comment tongue.gif we have some future dates to fill would be nice to get some of the old original Djs like you and Morris to come along do ya fancy it.

Will normally be the last Friday in the month have Pat Wallace for March, April already pencilled in so take ya pick May June July etc etc. The Nights will mainly be northern oldies and classic motown etc just great dancing music let me know we don't pay a lot 2s-6p per session :P .

Gaz

Thanks for the kind words Nige shame you spoilt it at the end with the dingle comment :P we have some future dates to fill would be nice to get some of the old original Djs like you and Morris to come along do ya fancy it.

Will normally be the last Friday in the month have Pat Wallace for March, April already pencilled in so take ya pick May June July etc etc. The Nights will mainly be northern oldies and classic motown etc just great dancing music let me know we don't pay a lot 2s-6p per session thumbup.gif .

Gaz

Hey id love to DJ with Morris @ the Cross Keys for ya Gaz!!

I finish my residencey at the West Gate in April so i probably be Free the last friday of the month , lets have a chat at Prestatyn bro , i just know Moz will be chompin at the bit to get down there again!!

Torchboy x

Source Advert