Sussex Soul Club

Our second helping of the Sussex Soul Club kicks of with a great line up of guest DJs:

Quality 6Ts, 70s & Modern Soul spun by countrywide DJs:

Paul Thrower - Chichester

Chris Thorley - Farnborough

Manus - Brighton

With residents:

Newman - Derby & Steve McMahon - London

7:30 - 12:30

RECORD DEALERS WELCOME - please call: 01903 871595 for info.

**Don't forget to bring your own booze**

Clapham & Patching Village Hall

(A 280) Long Furlong

Patching, West Sussex, BN13 3UT

For more info check out our new website.

Edited by deeve
  • 1 month later...
  • Replies 26
  • Views 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Guest BintofSoul

BintofSoul sisters (Nicki & Tracey) will be coming along to support Sussex very own soul night! Looking forward to catching up with Manus & other soulful friends. See you on the 21st thumbup.gif .

Nicki XXX

BintofSoul sisters (Nicki & Tracey) will be coming along to support Sussex very own soul night! Looking forward to catching up with Manus & other soulful friends. See you on the 21st thumbup.gif .

Nicki XXX

It'll be great to see you Nicki thumbsup.gif - I'm sure you'll like the venue it's got a really decent dancefloor. Hope Paddy and Di can make it too they were there last time.

All the best

Manus

Guest denmac

i`m so pleased to see this venue going for it for the year. ive got to say that the session i played there in jan was freedom itself.to the dj`s at the next session, go for it. this crowd just want to dance. being near brighton i wanted to play loads of britzazz, eddie russ,etc. but the requests came in strong for northern and acceptable modern. Gra, chris, steve linda..good luck to you all see you at prestatyn.i hope.

Guest BintofSoul

It'll be great to see you Nicki :lol: - I'm sure you'll like the venue it's got a really decent dancefloor. Hope Paddy and Di can make it too they were there last time.

All the best

Manus

Hi Manus

Can't wait to test out the dance floor :thumbup: ! Yes Paddy & Di are coming along, they really enjoyed the last event. Di was very impressed with the free curry! I shall be seeing them both at Bisley tonight (Sat).

KTF

Nicki XXXX

Hi Manus

Can't wait to test out the dance floor :wicked: ! Yes Paddy & Di are coming along, they really enjoyed the last event. Di was very impressed with the free curry! I shall be seeing them both at Bisley tonight (Sat).

KTF

Nicki XXXX

Have a great night up at Bisley Nicki - it's on my list of venues to visit this year. See you soon.

Cheers Manus

i`m so pleased to see this venue going for it for the year. ive got to say that the session i played there in jan was freedom itself.to the dj`s at the next session, go for it. this crowd just want to dance. being near brighton i wanted to play loads of britzazz, eddie russ,etc. but the requests came in strong for northern and acceptable modern. Gra, chris, steve linda..good luck to you all see you at prestatyn.i hope.

Hi Den,

many thanks again for your kind words. Unfortunately, I won't be attending Prestatyn due to a pre-exisitng commitment but know Graham, Christie & Linda & James will be there - flyers n'all :lol:

We've already got Steve Csordas confirmed for May & am hoping a good freind of mine from back in the day, Steve Clancy will be joining us then - he's always had a brilliant ear for 6Ts +70s newies so should be yet another treat for all!

Am really looking forward to our March do now. I know Chris, Paul & Manus will deliver and once again prove it is possible for an eclectic mash-up of quality soul can appeal to one floor [that'll be Graham & me!]. All it takes is an open-mind & ears smile.gif We also have an all-new, impeccable sound system all of our own - you'll have to pop back & try it for size - maybe at the July 4th alldayer..

Best,

Steve.

Guest newman

Ditto to Steve's comments Den it would be great to have you down doing a spot again mate - in fact I'll be at Prestatyn to twist your arm in person! :lol: That goes for you too Kev, mentioned it at Stoke, you and Pam are always welcome to stay even if you're not dj'in.

Any info regarding future or past events, photos, audible playlists, Dj's and forum can be found on our website https://www.sussexsoulclub.co.uk. You can also find us on Facebook.

May I also take this opportunity to forewarn anyone in the Sussex area tomorrow afternoon not to be alarmed at any slight tremor - it'll only be me giving our new sound system its first airing! Just in case though does anyone know any good glaziers? :P

Dave pm'd you

newman

Guest newman

Gave the new sound system a blast yesterday afternoon :thumbsup:

Unfortunately the senior citizens in the area have all gone to ground having had

flash backs to the "Blitz!" shhh.gif ... this is one serious piece of kit and when Paul

Thrower, Chris Thorley and Manus get their hands on it on the 21st your gonna be in

for a treat folks... a Tsunami of Soul is gonna blow you away!

Get there early to get your pitch on the dance floor... the place will be on fire!!! :huh:

Edited by newman

Gave the new sound system a blast yesterday afternoon :(

Unfortunately the senior citizens in the area have all gone to ground having had

flash backs to the "Blitz!" :yes: ... this is one serious piece of kit and when Paul

Thrower, Chris Thorley and Manus get their hands on it on the 21st your gonna be in

for a treat folks... a Tsunami of Soul is gonna blow you away!

Get there early to get your pitch on the dance floor... the place will be on fire!!! :lol:

..can't wait to get me needles on it for a test-drive over the weekend whistling.gif

Better watch we don't literally bring the house down next week! :thumbup:

:) Great news on the sound system guys! Unfortunately we will be away and will miss this one.......so was going to offer my system up, but no need now I guess.

Hope no-one gets lost en-route 'cos I seem to remember this as a bugger to find. :P

-Kev.

Hi Kev, there's a map on our website for anyone who needs :D

We ended up going with EV Forcei25s + a Behringer 2500 :lol: so should sound close to yours. Thanks for the kind offer though thumbsup.gif

Best,

Steve

Guest newman

:yes: Great news on the sound system guys! Unfortunately we will be away and will miss this one.......so was going to offer my system up, but no need now I guess.

Hope no-one gets lost en-route 'cos I seem to remember this as a bugger to find. unsure.gif

-Kev.

TOP MAN!

Kev that's a really generous offer thanks, you're a gent thumbsup.gif

Also, forgot to mention on the flyer but Record Dealers are most welcome - we have an adjoining room & can supply tables. Just let us know in advance if you would like to be included as space will be limited to a 'first come' basis. Drop either Newman or myself a pm on here to arrange.

Steve.

Hi all, Looking forward to spinning a few tunes this weekend to a great crowd in sussex.We attended the last soul night here and had a great night and filled our bellys full of lovely chubly curry :lol: .( what we got this time lol) Dont forget if your come to have a great night this weekend it is bring your own drink. I even think it might be chrissy`s birthday soon and she might also be celebrating it this weekend? Correct me if im wrong :lol: So if your wanting a great cheep night out then get yourself down for a top soul night out. Bring it on :lol:

Guest newman

Hi all, Looking forward to spinning a few tunes this weekend to a great crowd in sussex.We attended the last soul night here and had a great night and filled our bellys full of lovely chubly curry :lol: .( what we got this time lol) Dont forget if your come to have a great night this weekend it is bring your own drink. I even think it might be chrissy`s birthday soon and she might also be celebrating it this weekend? Correct me if im wrong :D So if your wanting a great cheep night out then get yourself down for a top soul night out. Bring it on :lol:

Hi Chris, yep you're right it's Christie's birthday Saturday :D might open a book see who guesses her age :D

Unfortunately no curry this time, Sue (the chief) is in hospital after breaking her hip last week... I'm sure everyone wishes her a speedy recovery and quick return to the kitchen :lol:

It'll be another cracking night with a feast of soul music thumbup.gif

All set for Saturday - Linda's kindly offered a lift so we should be over by 7.30- and I'll be taking a little trip to the off licence Sat afternoon to stock up. Nice to be able to drink the beer I want and at a reasonable price. And celebrating Christine's birthday as well should be a blinder of a night.

Cheers

Manus

Edited by manus
Guest SteveC

Dave and I are planning to visit tomorrow night. It's one of the few moralistic views I have left......to attend a venue as a punter before you DJ there!!! Look forward to meeting some old mates and matesses!!!

Source Advert