Ray Pollard The Drifter Info

• Replies 5
  • Views 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

is the bass on the intro of ray pollards the drifter a double bass or guitar?

cheers

mick

God Knows Mick.. I'd say a guitar.. but what do I know...

I do think you should seek out the 100 club footage of him singing it for sheer feeling, especially when he hits that note mid way..and the club goes crazy... you can see the confidence it gives him knowing they all know it, and they all Love it..!!

God dam I wish I was there..

Mal:-)

Social source share

Guest Brett F

For me "The Drifter" just encapsulates the full on, heart wrenching and emotion driven passion of soul music, I still love to hear this 45', the moment when Pollard just purrs as the lyrics effortlessly flow from those incredible vocal chords, it still has, and always will have, the ability to electrify every sinew and nerve ending in my poor wretched and self abused body.

Unbelievably I've never owned this masterpiece, I have had many chances but i seemed always to chase other things, I got the demo of Ray Pollards equally brilliant "It's A Sad Thing" (possibly just edging it for me), but alas this legendary vinyl wonder still has a place waiting for it ..

Brett F

Social source share

God Knows Mick.. I'd say a guitar.. but what do I know...

I do think you should seek out the 100 club footage of him singing it for sheer feeling, especially when he hits that note mid way..and the club goes crazy... you can see the confidence it gives him knowing they all know it, and they all Love it..!!

God dam I wish I was there..

Mal:-)

I was there a truly rememberable night. One of the best.

Kev

Social source share

Guest Brett F

As a collector i always went for the US version (first copy et al, never was interested in UK versions), but i always fancied that fabulous French E.P. with both "Drifter" and "Sad Thing" on it.....mmmmmmmmmmmm

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!