• Views 41.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Guest smudgesmith

who's be up for it?

Memo to Mr Malc Burton...just doing some market research before you drop a bollock or organise one of the greatest nights the ole farts will have for a long, very long time :ohmy:

Yes or No will suffice guys and especially gals.. :lol:ph34r.gif

Get the bus booked you whore #1

Social source share

Get the bus booked you whore #1

I have just spoken to the " whore " , who painted such a glowing testimony to your prowess on the decks , I cannot wait for next saturday to hear you fulfill his promise ........

He is not driving the chara up to Bradford is he ?

Malc Burton

Social source share

I have just spoken to the " whore " , who painted such a glowing testimony to your prowess on the decks , I cannot wait for next saturday to hear you fulfill his promise ........

Malc Burton

Just posting up news of a TORCH REVIVAL on SAT MAY 9

Social source share

Guest smudgesmith

Just posting up news of a TORCH REVIVAL on SAT MAY 9

Dont think Paul will mind if you cancel it :D

PS

We are running a welly wanging comp in Peterborough soon you doing one of those as well wink.gif

Social source share

Guest smudgesmith

Malc Burton

If the "whore bag" is biggin, me up he wants something tongue.gif

Hes driving up there,starting off on Thurs!!!!

Ill have to drive back,once he starts on the cider we are "bolloxed"

Will be nice to meet you Malc

Social source share

Guest veep1296

who's be up for it?

Memo to Mr Malc Burton...just doing some market research before you drop a bollock or organise one of the greatest nights the ole farts will have for a long, very long time :D

Yes or No will suffice guys and especially gals.. wink.gifph34r.gif

Yes from me Paul

post-5119-1233937490_thumb.jpg

Social source share

Dont think Paul will mind if you cancel it :D

PS

We are running a welly wanging comp in Peterborough soon you doing one of those as well wink.gif

is that the same week as the National Turves Dwarf throwing championship at The Vine?

I understand that there is a 'bit of a northern soul disco' afterwards so possibly this could be engulfed and moved to suit a main players diary.

dwarf-tossing.jpg

Edited by PaulDonnelly
Social source share

who's be up for it?

Memo to Mr Malc Burton...just doing some market research before you drop a bollock or organise one of the greatest nights the ole farts will have for a long, very long time :lol:

Yes or No will suffice guys and especially gals.. :lol:ph34r.gif

Yes and can probably organise a few other guys also . as for the gals best leave it with me :lol::D .

Any idea where Paul---was only just talking bout this last week. Tunstall town hall?

pm me if you want me do summat this end.

Glad its only till 4. Us ole farts need the rest whistling.gif

Social source share

Yes and can probably organise a few other guys also . as for the gals best leave it with me :D:D .

Any idea where Paul---was only just talking bout this last week. Tunstall town hall?

pm me if you want me do summat this end.

Glad its only till 4. Us ole farts need the rest :D

Paul and I will be working on this event in the coming months , checking out the suitability of several venues , and are looking at October as a date ........

I am working on having a relative of the horse that resided in the hay merchants next door , as the special guest on the night .......

Malc Burton

Social source share

Paul and I will be working on this event in the coming months , checking out the suitability of several venues , and are looking at October as a date ........

I am working on having a relative of the horse that resided in the hay merchants next door , as the special guest on the night .......

Malc Burton

I traced down his pal last year.....

700g%20Pal%20Dog%20Food%20Can.JPG

Social source share

Malc Burton

I reckon he'll turn up at around 'Pony Time' then will he

Social source share

I never went to the Torch (faaaaar too young!) but I'd be interested in this. Are you gonna be trying to get Ian behind the decks or is the plan to use non original DJs made up of people who went there as 'punters'?

I'd like to think we could have a mixture of both and yes it would be great to see Ian TNT Turner behind the decks... :thumbsup:

Social source share

good man, watch this space..

Paul I would love to come to your soiree even though I was not part of it back in the day cos I was only a bairn and missed it all. A good friend of mine (Kev Joss...the old fart...but I love him really) is an old Torch Boy and I must admit (although not proud of it) that I never really took much interest in the venue from a historical point of view as I had no personal connection/affinity with the place although I love being regaled with the old tales about the nights that he spent their in his youth.

However last year I read the info and looked at the pics on here and started taking a genuine interest in the place and also to feel that I had actually missed out on a special part of the scene.

So if I may I just might kidnap Kev and bring him along with some other fellow reprobates so that he can re-live part of his misspent youth and we can bask in his glory, share in his enjoyment of past happy times and also gain an insight into what it was like as a venue back in the day. Oh and it would be great to meet some of you fellow Torch-ites too. If it could be a surprise it would be even better but knowing him he'll hear about it and will plan to be there anyway without any input from me in the way of a-plotting and a-scheming :D

So please do keep me posted so I can make plans :D

Oh and I have yet to listen to the CD as want to share the moment with my best mate but she is now a South Yorkshire tyke and every time I have visited her since I received the CD from you I've forgotten to take it with me so am holding back until I remember it, which should be next weekend. Note to self...remember disc for shared listening pleasure :(:D:)

Social source share

Guest thenogger

PAUL & MALC just let me know where it will be at, and i should be there as long i can get in there easy enough (and my wheelchair)

thenogger

Social source share

your soiree

It'll be OUR soiree Jill "all for one and one for all"

Thanks for your wonderful comments, will keep in touch.

lots of pm's and emails frpm interested folk, Malc and I have agreed a Month :D even a date has been suggested :D

An old Torchite from upt north is visiting some venues in and around Tunsrall/Burslem and reporting back.

three big DJ names from that era have offered their services one of which was an original Torch all nighter dj :D so looking good but a long way to go yet, any ideas or offers of assistamce will be appreciated please don't hesitate to contact head honcho an old Mr Burton or his apprentice a young Mr Donnelly via this forums pm facility or via email PaulDonnellyBP@aol.com

ta

Social source share

PAUL & MALC just let me know where it will be at, and i should be there as long i can get in there easy enough (and my wheelchair)

thenogger

You are the guest of honour you old git ........

We are working on special wheelchair access , as we are planning to airlift you from Mier , and winch you down through a hole in the venue's roof , into " Nogger's Pog "...........

Malc Burton

Edited by Malc Burton
Social source share

It'll be OUR soiree Jill "all for one and one for all"

Thanks for your wonderful comments, will keep in touch.

lots of pm's and emails frpm interested folk, Malc and I have agreed a Month :D even a date has been suggested :D

An old Torchite from upt north is visiting some venues in and around Tunsrall/Burslem and reporting back.

three big DJ names from that era have offered their services one of which was an original Torch all nighter dj :D so looking good but a long way to go yet, any ideas or offers of assistamce will be appreciated please don't hesitate to contact head honcho an old Mr Burton or his apprentice a young Mr Donnelly via this forums pm facility or via email PaulDonnellyBP@aol.com

ta

With regard to this promotion of Paul's and Mine -

We are not intending / attempting to tread on anyone's toes - or patch - by doing this , also we are not " bandwagon jumping " in respect of the idea . We have discussed the idea for a while , and decided that it is something that we want to do , purely and simply - it is something that we want to do .

What we are proposing is a reunion night , with the venue as close to HS as possible , to be staged with as many of the original DJs , again as possible , and to bring old attendees and friends , together again .

It will be a one - off night ( never to be repeated ) , and will be all ticket on a first come . first served basis .

Further details will be announced as they are confirmed .

Malc Burton

Edited by Malc Burton
Social source share

Guest bazrico

I'll give you a piggy back all the way from Mier if I have to mate wink.gif

mban1573l.jpg

Hi Paul

Is that the pub in tunstall square i see. thinking about this have you spoke to Chris burton about the ideal

Social source share

who's be up for it?

Memo to Mr Malc Burton...just doing some market research before you drop a bollock or organise one of the greatest nights the ole farts will have for a long, very long time :rolleyes:

Yes or No will suffice guys and especially gals.. :thumbsup:ph34r.gif

hi can u ring 07939176951 cheers

Social source share

Guest bazrico

he still does but place would ba a joke for a proper torch reunion

You could have a warm up there then on to the town hall for the reunion, now that would be like going back in time but there is no way i would catch the bus to tunstall square lol used go to pub on the corner can't remember the name then on to the torch.

Social source share

You could have a warm up there then on to the town hall for the reunion, now that would be like going back in time but there is no way i would catch the bus to tunstall square lol used go to pub on the corner can't remember the name then on to the torch.

the sneyd arms

Social source share

All things will be revealed in time , but have ruled out using the storeroom of Linton's joiners on Hose Street ........

Malc Burton

Social source share

why not ask minsh about the goerge hotel burslem where he does once a month? when he gets to know about a bit of cash the foooker wil be dancin

He will get to know as and when .......

Malc Burton

Social source share

Guest smudgesmith

But BAZ, TUNSTALL town hall is up stairs and there is no lift in there.

thenogger

But "Nogger" Paul said he would carry you wherever it was thumbup.gif

Next time you contact Don ask him where he is the DJ whore tables?

Social source share

But "Nogger" Paul said he would carry you wherever it was thumbup.gif

Next time you contact Don ask him where he is the DJ whore tables?

As well as his wallet ?

No greater love hath no man .............

Malc Burton

Social source share

Guest bazrico

But BAZ, TUNSTALL town hall is up stairs and there is no lift in there.

thenogger

Hi Nogger they should have lift to comply with DDA. How are you pm

Social source share

Guest bazrico

All things will be revealed in time , but have ruled out using the storeroom of Linton's joiners on Hose Street ........

Malc Burton

Hi Malc

Please not in the indoor market or the potteries shopping center look forward to this do has my brain is dead what was the pub called opposite the clock tower not the sneyd arms

Edited by bazrico
Social source share

Hi Malc

Please not in the indoor market or the pottries shopping center look for to this

Donnelly and I have been known to lower ourselves in the past , but to go to the level of boogalooing between the tables of a cafe in a shopping centre , I do not think so ........

Malc Burton

Social source share

Guest bazrico

the sneyd arms

there was a pub oppisite the clock tower then you could walk along the road take first right torch would be infront of you

Social source share

here's one of the Sneyd Arms wink.gifsneyd_arms.jpg

Is that KM stood on the corner ?

In respect to the C&A , was that its' original name ? I never looked at the name of the hostelry , as I was in too much of a rush to neck a jotty after feeding my face at the chippy .......

Malc Burton

Edited by Malc Burton
Social source share

biggrin.gif:rolleyes::thumbsup::thumbup: nearly spilt me tea on the keyboard :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

I have had a second look , and it cannot be KM : he would have been wearing a red coat , not a blue one , to match his eyes .......

Malc Burton

Social source share

Is that KM stood on the corner ?

In respect to the C&A , was that its' original name ? I never looked at the name of the hostelry , as I was in too much of a rush to neck a jotty after feeding my face at the chippy .......

Malc Burton

Yes Malc as far back as I can remember anyway.

heres another one on the square that I went once or twice prior to the evenings activities ph34r.gif

oddfellows.jpg

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!