Another Charity Benefits From

Guest bazrico

he looks like us mouldies would say " blocked to fcuk" wonderful photo mind thanks Stu :tumbleweed3:

He would not look out of place in or outside the torch lol

Social source share

• Replies 910
  • Views 41.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Guest bazrico

Wonder if he'll be there in October :tumbleweed3:

Hi Jez

Thank fook it's close to tunstall park wait till i tel Mr Dale will have a laugh in fact i had a laugh i went to Tunstall Tech across the the road from the venue was this Tunstall bingo and social club, grey matter fading

Barry

Social source share

Hi Jez

Thank fook it's close to tunstall park wait till i tel Mr Dale will have a laugh in fact i had a laugh i went to Tunstall Tech across the the road from the venue was this Tunstall bingo and social club, grey matter fading

Barry

Hey up Barry

You'e probably right about it being a bingo and social club. It used to be a cinema(i think) and a lot of those shut down in the 60's and opened up as bingo halls didn't they.

Anyway, yes remind Johnny at Prestatyn will ya, and we'll get him there in October for a great laugh :thumbup:

Jez

Social source share

Is he a Hose St resident just sneaked on :thumbup::ohmy:

No , he was using his x-ray vision to suss out where the anabolic smarties were concealed ........

Malc Burton

The Torch Reunion - Saturday 24th October 2009

THIS IS A TICKET ONLY EVENT

There will be no opportunity to pay at the door on the night - no ticket , no admission

Ticket reservations - burtonmalc@yahoo.co.uk / pauldonnellybp@aol.com

Social source share

Update 20/2/09

It's been two weeks since I asked "who'd be up for it" bloody hell :thumbup: to suggest its kick off would be a under statement.

First off I'd like to thank Malc for asking me to get involved, like him I want to do this for ME, no pretence no crap just looking forward to having one hell of a day paying tribute to a venue which shaped so many lives.

Secondly I'd like to say thanks to Jez Jones for his assistance and contributions; our man on the manor has done so much.

Thirdly, thank you to my brother who sorted out a website in 24hrs free of charge (link in my signature if you want to have a look)

Fourthly all the dj's who have offered there services FOC to benefit the two proposed charitys

Finally, those that have sent emails in reserving tickets and chatting about old times etc, I've been truly touched by some of the correspondence that has been received from offers of help with no charge to an email from Jill Bayles which was so long it took me two days to read.

We have received applications for 164 tickets. Once the tickets have been received we will send out a request for payment so as to expedite tickets to you, put them in a safe place as no ticket, no entrance.

I'm now off for me hard toast, ham and cheese, glass of spumante and a listen to Exus Trek to perk me up ...take care.

Social source share

We are now coming, look forward to this,see your flyer in all about the soul Malc !

Rob & Karen

It is a good job I like and know you Roberto , or I would have been greatly offended :thumbsup:

Malc Burton

THE TORCH REUNION - SATURDAY 24TH OCTOBER

Email today and register for advance tickets or go on line for directions, accomodation, venue photos ad ticket hotline

https://dkof.freewebpages.org/Torch%20reunion/home.html

Social source share

Update 20/2/09

Finally, those that have sent emails in reserving tickets and chatting about old times etc, I've been truly touched by some of the correspondence that has been received from offers of help with no charge to an email from Jill Bayles which was so long it took me two days to read.

Well at least it got me a mention...that's me all over Paul...I don't do "cutting a long story short" very often wink.gif:(

My mate Kev has been on the phone today about the Reunion...he had a visit yesterday from our other pal Jane who is coming to the Reunion with us...he can't wait to be part of this...he's popping over tonight and wants to know all about you...so I've got some pics and your war and peace PM about your roots at the ready plus the website link and I shall report back with feedback later :lol:

Gonna try for a sleepover somewhere nearby so we can all make the most of it come 24 Oct but judging by what I've read on here that may well be difficult...will see how the land lies this evening.

Social source share

Well at least it got me a mention...that's me all over Paul...I don't do "cutting a long story short" very often wink.gif:D

My mate Kev has been on the phone today about the Reunion...he had a visit yesterday from our other pal Jane who is coming to the Reunion with us...he can't wait to be part of this...he's popping over tonight and wants to know all about you...so I've got some pics and your war and peace PM about your roots at the ready plus the website link and I shall report back with feedback later :P

Gonna try for a sleepover somewhere nearby so we can all make the most of it come 24 Oct but judging by what I've read on here that may well be difficult...will see how the land lies this evening.

The full DJ line up for both the afternoon and evening sessions , wukk be announced this coming Friday , 27th February .

Malc Burton

Email today and register for advance tickets or go on line for directions, accomodation, venue photos ad ticket hotline

" Build it ( well , sort of ) and they will come "

Social source share

Guest bazrico

The full DJ line up for both the afternoon and evening sessions , wukk be announced this coming Friday , 27th February .

Malc Burton

Hi Malc / Paul / Jez

When do you think the tickets will go on sale i have contacted SAS or 2 PARA to collect them for me with armed guard.

Edited by bazrico
Social source share

Hi Malc / Paul / Jez

When do you think the tickets will go on sale i have contacted SAS or 2 PARA to collect them for me with armed guard.

The tickets will be with us by the end of next week, we'll then contact those who have reserved them via email or Soul Source forum with regard payment details.

Due to the incredible response this last two weeks we had no alternative but to make it an all ticket function, THERE WILL BE NO PAY ON THE DAY...

If you know anyone that would like to attend the day/night (2 to 6 & 7-30 to 12) then PLEASE ask them to contact us via email as below or contact numbers JEZ 07861690800 or Malc 077483078275.

PD

Social source share

Update 20/2/09

It's been two weeks since I asked "who'd be up for it" bloody hell ohmy.gif to suggest its kick off would be a under statement.

First off I'd like to thank Malc for asking me to get involved, like him I want to do this for ME, no pretence no crap just looking forward to having one hell of a day paying tribute to a venue which shaped so many lives.

Secondly I'd like to say thanks to Jez Jones for his assistance and contributions; our man on the manor has done so much.

Thirdly, thank you to my brother who sorted out a website in 24hrs free of charge (link in my signature if you want to have a look)

Fourthly all the dj's who have offered there services FOC to benefit the two proposed charitys

We have received applications for 164 tickets. Once the tickets have been received we will send out a request for payment so as to expedite tickets to you, put them in a safe place as no ticket, no entrance.

I'm now off for me hard toast, ham and cheese, glass of spumante and a listen to Exus Trek to perk me up ...take care.

RE JILL - U lucky you only took two days to read it.........imagine how my head is after 30 years of Jills stories/emails/txt - an if you ever need to phone..........have a 6 spare hours.........soz Jill.....couldnt resist!

Social source share

Guest Mick Donnelly

He also sent me this of me at Balckpool in 1972, thoughT I'd post it so you'd all recognise me come Sat 24th OCTOBER..

meatblackpool1972.jpg

See you got the picture of David Essex out again :ohmy:

Social source share

Re-unions such as this are a great way to meet up with old friends, have a few beers, enjoy a good chat and all to the accompaniament of some of the finest music ever laid to vinyl, however there is another side to this event which we would like to share with you .... all profits from this event will be shared between two charities.

The Douglas Macmillan Hospice

a local north staffordshire organisation who give support and care to those facing cancer

The Stroke Association

a national charity solely concerned with combating stroke in people of all ages, funding research into prevention, treatment and better methods of rehabilitation

We believe both of these causes are well worthy of our support, we hope you do to.

PD, MALC and JEZ

Social source share

Now this IS a piece of Torch Memrobila donated to the cause by my old Peterboro Mucker Eddie Dinn

thetrorchbirthdayparty.jpg

He also sent me this of me at Balckpool in 1972, thoughT I'd post it so you'd all recognise me come Sat 24th OCTOBER..

meatblackpool1972.jpg

PD

So if you look like that now, you've worn very well!!

P :D

Social source share

steve smith rang me from germany and said he is up for it............see if we can find the others from the gloucestershire attendees .......there were loads ......ezzie

Smith Steve lives in Berlin meethinks ??? Anyway any chance you can all those girls from Gloucester that used to frequent the Torch, talk about 'good time gals' :(:) What the heck did they used to tell their parents they were doing and where they were - really up front :D

Chris L

Social source share

Guest Dave Turner

Smith Steve lives in Berlin meethinks ??? Anyway any chance you can all those girls from Gloucester that used to frequent the Torch, talk about 'good time gals' :(:) What the heck did they used to tell their parents they were doing and where they were - really up front :D

Chris L

Didn't Rose West go to the Torch, think it's where she met Fred :D

Social source share

Wonder if Mike lived in Hose st. He certainly got an eye for detail :lol:

05.jpg

I think you are right Jez : I seem to recall reading that Mike Ford ( t'chap in t'photograph ) , did reside in Hose Street .

I wonder if Mike is still with us , and if so , if he still has that wonderful scale model of The Torch ?

If anyone knows Mike and his whereabouts , please let me know ......

Malc Burton

ALL PROFITS will be a split donation between The Douglas Macmillan Hospice and The Stroke Association

For more information about these worthy causes , log in to www.dmhospice.org.uk and www.stroke.org.uk

Edited by Malc Burton
Social source share

I think you are right Jez : I seem to recall reading that Mike Ford ( t'chap in t'photograph ) , did reside in Hose Street .

I wonder if Mike is still with us , and if so , if he still has that wonderful scale model of The Torch ?

If anyone knows Mike and his whereabouts , please let me know ......

Malc Burton

ALL PROFITS will be a split donation between The Douglas Macmillan Hospice and The Stroke Association

For more information about these worthy causes , log in to www.dmhospice.org.uk and www.stroke.org.uk

didn;t he do a model of the inside as well.... :lol:

Edited by PaulDonnelly
Social source share

and then there were EIGHT.

Malc, Jez and I are delighted to annouce that Cleethorpes supremo, ex Torchite and thoroughly nice bloke Blair(POKE)Heyden will be spinning some of his Favourite Torch Tunes for us during the afternoon session, joining Pat Wallace, Swish, Tony Dellar, Ian Cunliffe, Nige Brown and Chris Lalor.

Bloody hell ohmy.gif thats worth £7 just for that

Edited by PaulDonnelly
Social source share

Guest Dave Turner

This is going to be such a great day. I'm buzzin' about it and its 8 months off yet.

All the right vibes about it, more like a regimental reunion really.

Just hope no fooker brings a goat laugh.gif

Social source share

Just had Ryan Hall on the phone to advsie that the Bank's Brewery from the Black Country are launching a new beer on october 24th Alc. 13.5% Vol

TRIGGERSREVENGE.jpg

Of course when triggers revenge runs out--you could always try some of these :thumbsup:

mainbanner.jpg

Current Beers

t5.jpg Northern "All-Niter" Superb Straw Coloured Bitter

A smooth and refreshing bitter t2.jpg Northern "45" Light Golden Premium Bitter

A real ale premium bitter that is easy drinking (4.5% abv) t3.jpg Northern "Dancer" Light Golden Best Bitter

Intense and refreshing bitter (4.2% abv)

About Us - Beers - Links - Shop - Terms - Contact Us

Edited by jez jones
Social source share

Of course when triggers revenge runs out--you could always try some of these :thumbsup:

mainbanner.jpg

Current Beers

t5.jpg Northern "All-Niter" Superb Straw Coloured Bitter

A smooth and refreshing bitter t2.jpg Northern "45" Light Golden Premium Bitter

A real ale premium bitter that is easy drinking (4.5% abv) t3.jpg Northern "Dancer" Light Golden Best Bitter

Intense and refreshing bitter (4.2% abv)

About Us - Beers - Links - Shop - Terms - Contact Us

Any chance of a benny inhaler in a half of lager ? not bothered which one ........

Malc Burton

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert