Boogaloo

Surprised no one's emerged yet to post on what they thought of last night's Boogaloo.

My first visit for many years, in fact last one I attended was at the old venue (Spanish Galleon, upstairs, I think?)

Absolute cracking night. Music wise one of the best I've had for a long time thumbsup.gif

Cracking sets by all the resident and guest DJ's with a great selection of tunes from both the 60's and 70's.

The cellar bar and atmosphere took me back to some of the best nights we had down at TOS!

Shame that some of our South Essex Soul Club nights have clashed with this event but I'll definately be back for more!

Big :shades::) to Warren.

• Replies 9
  • Views 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

top night indeed .... a fantastic blend of music, a good chinwag with John Weston ... a thoroughly enjoyable day and the curry wern't bad either, .. thanks mr &mrs boogaloo, we owe you one :wicked:

Surprised no one's emerged yet to post on what they thought of last night's Boogaloo.

My first visit for many years, in fact last one I attended was at the old venue (Spanish Galleon, upstairs, I think?)

Absolute cracking night. Music wise one of the best I've had for a long time :wicked:

Cracking sets by all the resident and guest DJ's with a great selection of tunes from both the 60's and 70's.

The cellar bar and atmosphere took me back to some of the best nights we had down at TOS!

Shame that some of our South Essex Soul Club nights have clashed with this event but I'll definately be back for more!

Big :wicked::lol: to Warren.

Thanks for the comments folks. Had a real blast last night with the music and the atmosphere. It was excellent to see everyone having a great time. Thanks to all the guest djs who played superb sets. Nice to see Greg back on top form and John 'what a nice bloke' Weston outdid himself (also playing my tune of the night - Martha Starr's Sweet Memories). Paul did what he always does and filled the floor with just quality and not forgetting Frankies excellent 70's set. 

Boogaloosoul just goes on from strength to strength, can't wait for next month. 

MY FIRST TIME AT BOOGALOO HEARD A LOT OF GOOD REPORTS ABOUT THE PLACE AND IT CERTAINLY DID'NT DISSAPOINT THOUGHT THE TOONS WERE GREAT AND VARIED ALL NIGHT AND IT WAS GREAT TO SPEND SOME TIME IN THE COMPANY OF THE LIKES OF PETE BENNETT,GREGG,MR AND MRS DONNELLY,MR AND MRS MCCAY,SOUL SISTER KAREN,KEV MOORE AND OF COURSE A BIG THANKS TO MY HOSTS WARREN AND KAREN ,THEY DO A GREAT DINNER BED AND BRECKY.

I WILL BE BACK :wicked:

THE SPAGHETTI HOUR THIS WEEK CONSISTED OF THE FOLLOWING.

RUFUS THOMAS-BEFORE 2001

LITTLE SOUL-PROBLEMS

PEE WEE SHUCK N HUEY-BESIDE MY SELF

THE EL COROLS-CHICK CHICK

SENATOR JONES-DO YOU LOVE ME

MELVIN DAVIS-LUCILLE

MARGE SINGLETORY-NEVER LET GO

HARVEY AVERN DOZEN-NEVER LEARNED TO DANCE

MONGUITO SANTAMARIA-HEY SISTER

GENTLEMAN JUNE GARDNER-ITS GONNA RAIN

THE NEW WANDERERS-LET ME RENDER MY SERVICE

LENNY WILLIAMS-I COULD'NT FIND NOBODY

TY KARIM- LIGHTEN UP BABY

EULA COOPER-LET OUR LOVE GROW HIGHER

HOLLYWOOD FLAMES-DANCE SENORITA

THE COMBINATIONS-I'M GONNA MAKE YOU LOVE ME

THE MAGNETICS-LADY IN GREEN

TINA ROBERTS-ONE WAY OR THE OTHER

DE-LITES-LOVER

TRADITIONS-TWINKLE LITTLE STAR

MARTHA STARR-SWEET TEMPTATION

DEBBIE CURTIS-I CHECKED MY MAILBOX

STORMIE WYNTERS-LIFE SAVER

Edited by spaghetti weston

Some of my plays from last night - well the ones i can remember anyway. 

Jeanette Williams - Stuff - Backbeat

George Perkins - Baby I love you - Royal Steel

Hector Rivera - A chance for romance - Barry 

Mike Pedicin - Burnt toast and black coffee - Federal

Dena Barnes - If you ever walked out of my life - Inferno

Otis Lee - Hard road to hoe - Quaint

Manny Corchado - Pow Wow - Decca

Raphael Saadiq - Love that girl - Columbia

Bobby Wells - Be’s that way sometimes - Romur

Masters of Soul - Sad face - Ovide

Darlene Love - Lord if you’re a woman - Warner

Isley Bros - Who’s that lady - UA

Lou Bond - You shook me up - Brainstorm

Lewise Bethune - Chi-town Boogaloo - Sack

Great first night in the cellar for me. Was good to catch up with some old faces, Cleggy and Tony and the rest of the crowd from the A41's. Good to meet John Weston and listen to him play some cracking tunes. Gregg also played some superb tracks and the pair of them really made the night go well.

Big thans to Warrren keep up the good work, I will be back but wont wait seven years before doing so.

cheers Mark.

Boogaloosoul just goes on from strength to strength, can't wait for next month. 

A most enjoyable night Warren - many thanks.

Sooooooo good to hear imaginative DJing and particularly enjoyed the 70's and modern sounds spun although to be honest, it was all good.

As I said to you, I'll be back (but next time won't be my turn to drive :thumbsup: !).

John.

Guest Stuart T

Great first night in the cellar for me. Was good to catch up with some old faces, Cleggy and Tony and the rest of the crowd from the A41's. Good to meet John Weston and listen to him play some cracking tunes. Gregg also played some superb tracks and the pair of them really made the night go well.

Big thans to Warrren keep up the good work, I will be back but wont wait seven years before doing so.

cheers Mark.

Hey, set list please Greg :unsure:

Source Advert