Bournemouth Belvedere Hotel 7 Feb 09

"Another Saturday Night", "Time" to "Dance, Dance, Dance". Where "Love Don't Come No Stronger" than the love of "Sweet Soul Music". Each DJ produced their own "Magic Potion", leaving the "In Crowd" begging for more.

"There's Nothing Else To Say", other than a massive THANK YOU to all the guest DJ's and the "In Crowd" that travelled more than "Twenty Five Miles" across five counties Dorset, Essex, Gloucestershire, Hampshire and West Sussex and the locals that supported the event.

Good music, good conversation and good vibes completed another great evening at the Paris Suite, Belvedere Hotel.

InCrowd Soul Society, Northern Soul

Saturday 4 April 2009

Paris Suite, Belvedere Hotel, Bournemouth

01202 293336, www.belvedere-hotel.co.uk

Parking, Accommodation (Special Rates), Close to Beach, Shops, Pier

Resident DJ Steve Lyons

Guests Dick "The Pirate", Martin Adams, Kev Humpries

8.00-1.00, £5.00 OTD

• Replies 7
  • Views 872
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

"Another Saturday Night", "Time" to "Dance, Dance, Dance". Where "Love Don't Come No Stronger" than the love of "Sweet Soul Music". Each DJ produced their own "Magic Potion", leaving the "In Crowd" begging for more.

"There's Nothing Else To Say", other than a massive THANK YOU to all the guest DJ's and the "In Crowd" that travelled more than "Twenty Five Miles" across five counties Dorset, Essex, Gloucestershire, Hampshire and West Sussex and the locals that supported the event.

Good music, good conversation and good vibes completed another great evening at the Paris Suite, Belvedere Hotel.

Saturday 4 April 2009

Resident DJ Steve Lyons

8.00-1.00, £5.00 OTD

I HAD A GREAT NITE AS DID THE PEOPLE I BROUGHT TO THE EVENT, IAN (BRISTOL), VINCE AND IVAN. REALLY NICE ATMOSPHERE, NICE SOCIAL VENUE AND SOME GREAT PEOPLE. WILL DEFINATELY TRY TO GET TO THE DO AGAIN, GOOD MUSIC ALL ROUND, CROSS THE BOARD- KTF FROM MATT (TROWBRIDGE, WILTS)

Saturday 4 April 2009

Resident DJ Steve Lyons

8.00-1.00, £5.00 OTD

Thank YOU, Steve & Charmain, for organising promoting and hosting this great venue.

Great as always to catch up with folk and have a dance. Met some real nice people and had lots of interesting and entertaining conversations in between dancing. The dancefloor took a little while to get going, but busier and busier as the night progressed.

Music-wise, lots of very well appreciated oldies played, together with lesser known or played stuff that also went down really well - for example The Volumes version of "Tell Me", a great spin by Mark Swift.

Here's what I played:

Royalettes - River Of Tears

Earl Jackson - Soul Self Satisfaction

Fabulous Peps - With These Eyes

Flirtations - How Can You Tell Me

Southwind Symphony - Coming Home

Little Ben & the Cheers - Gonna Get Even With You

Clovers - Try My Loving On You

Hearts Of Stone - If I Could Give You The World

Winfield Parker - I Wanna Be With You

Crystal Motion - You're My Main Squeeze

Solomon Burke - Please Don't You Say Goodbye To Me

Moses Smith - Try My Love

Ethics - Look At Me Now

Vernon Greene - Look At Me

September Jones - Give Me All Your Love

Looking forward to April! :lol:

Guest Dave Mortimore

Thank YOU, Steve & Charmain, for organising promoting and hosting this great venue.

Great as always to catch up with folk and have a dance. Met some real nice people and had lots of interesting and entertaining conversations in between dancing. The dancefloor took a little while to get going, but busier and busier as the night progressed.

Music-wise, lots of very well appreciated oldies played, together with lesser known or played stuff that also went down really well - for example The Volumes version of "Tell Me", a great spin by Mark Swift.

Here's what I played:

Royalettes - River Of Tears

Earl Jackson - Soul Self Satisfaction

Fabulous Peps - With These Eyes

Flirtations - How Can You Tell Me

Southwind Symphony - Coming Home

Little Ben & the Cheers - Gonna Get Even With You

Clovers - Try My Loving On You

Hearts Of Stone - If I Could Give You The World

Winfield Parker - I Wanna Be With You

Crystal Motion - You're My Main Squeeze

Solomon Burke - Please Don't You Say Goodbye To Me

Moses Smith - Try My Love

Ethics - Look At Me Now

Vernon Greene - Look At Me

September Jones - Give Me All Your Love

Looking forward to April! thumbup.gif

. Yes sean, that play by Mark Swift did it for me too.

. Our only regrets are that we didn't get there earlier to get all of your set.

. It was great meeting up with all the nice folk, such as Matt from Trowbridge, West Country people are always so relaxed.

................................................................................

....Dave & Jan

Saturday 4 April 2009

Resident DJ Steve Lyons

8.00-1.00, £5.00 OTD

hi charmain & steve...

hope your well....Glad you had a top night & a very busy one...sorry could'nt make it but will defo get to one in the future... :thumbsup:

alfie

. Yes sean, that play by Mark Swift did it for me too.

. Our only regrets are that we didn't get there earlier to get all of your set.

. It was great meeting up with all the nice folk, such as Matt from Trowbridge, West Country people are always so relaxed.

................................................................................

....Dave & Jan

Thanks to you all for your comments :thumbsup:

just to let you know me and Keith Barnes are playing next at

Soul Shoes

The Bishopstoke Memorial Hall

Riverside

Bishopstoke

Eastleigh

Hants

With Toddy & Annie

Plus Guest DJs

Mark Swift

Keith Barnes

Shay

Top quality Northern Soul!

28th February 2009

8-pm - Midnight

Admission £5 (no admission after 10.30pm)

Bring your own drinks!

Venue is 5mins J5 M27

For further info contact Gary 07989 765572

Cheers Soulful Swifty