• Views 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest Scarborosoul

Dear All,

Mick and Ade have asked me to post the following:

"The 99 Soul Club present their 10th Anniversary Celebration and LAST EVER night Soul Splash 2 Saturday 18th July 2009 in The Ocean Room, The Spa Complex Scarborough

7pm to 2am with guests Yocky, Kev Bainbridge, Graham Slater, Mort,(making his farewell appearance as a DJ) Scarborough's very own Jinx, Mike Charlton, plus regular Jox Mick and Ade

Advanced tickets £6, £8 on the door (strictly no admission after midnight) Tickets sales will be via the DJ's, Scarborough Tourist Information Centre, The Spa Complex. All event inquiries to Ade on 07703 791 545. NB we will confirm when tickets are available for sale."

On a personal note I will be desperately sad to see the end of the 99 Soul Club - I have enjoyed many a night of great tunes with great company in a warm and friendly atmosphere. For those of you that attended Soul Splash 1 in November 2008 will know that you are in for a fantastic nights entertainment and I would seriously urge you to make the effort to attend the last ever 99 Soul Club event.

I'd also like to take this opportunity to personally thank both Mick & Ade for the wonderful entertainment they have afforded us over the years. Cheers guys.

TCK :thumbsup:

OMG why???? I know i no longer live in Scarborough but ive had some fantastic nights with the 99Club from the Corner to the Grand but not as yet at the Spa. Mick and Ade have put so much into this club and it will be such a loss to the Scene. Scarborough has been a bastion of NS for so long and hopefully the end of the 99Club will not be the end of the scene in Scarborough. God this is so sad. I remember the first ever night and being amongst all the old Scarborough lads G Winchip, Stu Locke, etc and then the all-nighters and going from them onto the beach fishing!!!

I will be at this event and hopefully so will a lot of old faces as a cdelebration of such a great Club.

Rick

Guest soul99 easylay

OMG why???? I know i no longer live in Scarborough but ive had some fantastic nights with the 99Club from the Corner to the Grand but not as yet at the Spa. Mick and Ade have put so much into this club and it will be such a loss to the Scene. Scarborough has been a bastion of NS for so long and hopefully the end of the 99Club will not be the end of the scene in Scarborough. God this is so sad. I remember the first ever night and being amongst all the old Scarborough lads G Winchip, Stu Locke, etc and then the all-nighters and going from them onto the beach fishing!!!

I will be at this event and hopefully so will a lot of old faces as a cdelebration of such a great Club.

Rick

Hi Rick - Ade has asked me to post his response - Cheers Kev

"Rick

thanks for your kind words - there are a number of reasons for this decision which collectively lead Mick and Ade to conclude this is the appropriate time to call it a day but whilst the 99 Soul Club is coming to an end they do not rule out possibly running one off events in the town in the future although no more are planned for 2009. Great to know you will be there in July when they hope to thank many people for their support over the last 10 years

ps for anyone thinking of travelling thru get those hotels booked early"

Hi Rick - Ade has asked me to post his response - Cheers Kev

"Rick

thanks for your kind words - there are a number of reasons for this decision which collectively lead Mick and Ade to conclude this is the appropriate time to call it a day but whilst the 99 Soul Club is coming to an end they do not rule out possibly running one off events in the town in the future although no more are planned for 2009. Great to know you will be there in July when they hope to thank many people for their support over the last 10 years

ps for anyone thinking of travelling thru get those hotels booked early"

Mick and Ade have been a great asset, not only to Scarborough but also for their charity work in York putting on an event that has amassed almost £18,000 over the years.

We all went to the very first Soul Splash and it was an excellent night and hopefully we'll get to this last one.

Just to say all the best in any future ventures to 2 of Yorkshires finest.

Steve B

Mick and Ade have been a great asset, not only to Scarborough but also for their charity work in York putting on an event that has amassed almost £18,000 over the years.

We all went to the very first Soul Splash and it was an excellent night and hopefully we'll get to this last one.

Just to say all the best in any future ventures to 2 of Yorkshires finest.

Steve B

Here, Here, steve, must say ive enjoyed mick and ades exploits over the years, had some fantastic nights at the corner cafe complex, scarborough will allways be close to my heart personally, from four seasons ( rudies) to the present day scarborough has allways been a great place for soul music, those weekend stay overs in the early 80`s were some of the best days of my life, i still look for the clock above rudies door everytime i go there :lol: thanks mick n ade for carrying the flag so well over the past ten years,great achievment guys and not forgetting lynn of course HARRY :D

Edited by HARRY CROSBY
Guest soulmaguk

It is very sad to see the count down for the finish of 99 soul club. But personally I feel that sadly after the demolition of the Corner Caf, the atmosphere unfortunately went with it for many that live here and regularly attended. Over the past 10 years of 99 I have only missed one night. It's sad, although numbers were high in attendance at Novembers 99 Soul Splash there was word of some unease in the air and subsequently the corner caf atmosphere had been lost forever, the few nights held at the Grand Hotel were the obvious slide of that special 99 night, unfortunately it was beyond the control of Mick & Ade.

I have been a member of the 99 club since 1999 when it was established and expanded from the Talbot Soul Club here in Scarborough back when it ran from the mid 90s until 99. It is safe to say that Mick & Ade have done a sterling job, although not residents themselves of our hometown of Scarborough, both have strong connections here and they will be missed from seeing them around town. This is not to say that July's Soul Splash won't be well attended, but I will personally feel much sadness on the closure.

There are a few small soul nights that take place in Scarborough at present, unfortunately they are both held in pubs and the music is governed by passing trade, so it's 'third finger left hand' 'love on a mountain top' 'band of gold' It's probably safe to say that Rare Soul and Northern OVO (Original Vinyl Only) Soul nights do not exists here in Scarborough, and the scene has well and truly slipped pathetically into the North Sea. If the future of Scarborough's soul scene is KR on the local radio station, which he is, then you can Billy Stewart me and 'Count Me Out' and I'll thank God for the rare room at Brid weekender.

So all of you that have a special place in their hearts for 99 Scarborough Soul nights, lets give them a terrific send off in July and raise a glass to the Corner Caf, the finest Northern Soul venue in frickin' years. On behalf of The Scarborough Northern & Rare Soul Club members I would like to wish Mick & Ade well in their future promoting of various venues, and would like to personally thank Mick & Ade for 10 fine years of Soulful memories.

Jock.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest soul99 easylay

So all of you that have a special place in their hearts for 99 Scarborough Soul nights, lets give them a terrific send off in July and raise a glass to the Corner Caf, the finest Northern Soul venue in frickin' years. On behalf of The Scarborough Northern & Rare Soul Club members I would like to wish Mick & Ade well in their future promoting of various venues, and would like to personally thank Mick & Ade for 10 fine years of Soulful memories.

Jock.

Couldn't agree with you more Jock - I'm really sad to see the end of the 99 club, but Soul Splash in November was fantastic and I'm really looking forward to July and would encourage people to get there for a guaranteed night of fantastic music and great company!

TKC :thumbsup:

Guest soul99 easylay

Ade has asked me to express appreciation for comments on this thread. He has also asked me to confirm that advanced tickets for Soul Splash 2 (£6) are now on sale from the following sources.

If you are local to Scarborough via the Tourist Information Centre in The Brunswick Centre, The Spa Complex Box Office or from Jinx, Mike Charlton or from Ed at The Beat Club (nights on March 13th, April 10th, May 8th, June 12th, or July 10th).

For South Yorkshire patrons tickets can be obtained via Yocky, and Gary Buckley.

Alternatively just ring Ade on 07703 791 545.

To remind you tickets will also be on sale on the night for £8 subject to capacity.

All details are also available on the web site www.99soulcub/wordpress.com and flyers are now in circulation.

Cheers All

• 4 weeks later...
Guest soul99 easylay

Hi All,

Just a reminder that the countdown is on to the final ever 99 Soul Club event "Soul Splash 2" on Saturday 18th July at Scarborough Spa.

Advanced tickets for Soul Splash 2 (£6) are now on sale from the following sources:

via the Tourist Information Centre in The Brunswick Centre, The Spa Complex Box Office

or from Jinx, Mike Charlton or from Ed at The Beat Club (nights on April 10th, May 8th, June 12th, or July 10th).

or from me (Kev) 07749 017069

For South Yorkshire patrons tickets can be obtained via Yocky, and Gary Buckley.

To remind you tickets will also be on sale on the night for £8 subject to capacity.

All details are also available on the web site www.99soulcub/wordpress.com and flyers are now in circulation.

For any of you who attended last years Soul Splash event, you'll know that this is a night not to miss!

Cheers all

TCK :lol:

• 1 month later...
Guest soul99 easylay

could i have some tickets :(

Certainly......£6 each :wave:

Just a reminder folks...tickets are selling well and it's the last ever 99 Soul Club event - details are available on the web site www.99soulcub/wordpress.com and flyers are now in circulation.

Alternatively just ring Ade on 07703 791 545

Tickets going well. Team Tarn are booked in and got their tickets. Anyone who is coming to the Metrodome on Sunday 3rd May will be able to get them on the door from Joy.

Really sad this is the last one for we have had such memorable times at the 99 club, but fell very honered that I have been asked to play on the 18th .

Looking forward to seeing you all at the Spa.

K.T.F

Yocky and Jx

Whilst Denise and I never made the transition from the Corner caf to the Grand and ultimately to the Spa , it is with sadness that the end of an era is nigh .

Hopefully the Soul Splash finale with be the well attended celebration it deserves and a fitting tribute to all things '99 Soul Club' , not least to the promoters Mick , Lynn and Ade - for us we'll never forget many night at the corner caf, the music and the wonderful company and friendship of everyone with special mention of the regular York n Leeds crew who made the trip no matter what - Andy Pointon , Steve Crawshaw , Christine , Alf and Jean , Marie , Angie , Kenny and Carolne , Jeanette, Dave Smith , Ray , Tommy and Debs, Nick & Val & Freya , Pete , Steve and Annie , ....

NORTH YORKSHIRE SOUL CLUB @ THE MAGNIFICENT RILEY SMITH HALL. TADCASTER nr YORK, FRID 22 MAY,

MAIN BALL ROOM (largest wooden sprung dance floor in UK) & UPSTAIRS RARE SOUL ROOM.

GUEST DJs MICK H & PHIL SHIELDS. FURTHER INFO, REVIEWS, PHOTOS ETC

https://www.imonmyway.me.uk/

York Modernist Weekender],15-17 May 2009, Unique event of Northern Soul, Ska, Mod, Motown, RnB Two Tone. Top DJs, live bands, merchandise stalls, camping & caravaning facilities. Full weekend pass £15 (including camping), day pass £5. For tickets & further information:tel 0845 4638719 or www.jimvegaspromotions.co.uk

Edited by andybellwood
  • 4 weeks later...
Guest soul99 easylay

Hi All,

Just a quick check in to say - the tickets are going well, so please make sure you don't miss out - all the details are above as to how to get tickets, it's going to be another fantatsic night courtesy of Ade, Mick & Lynn, so DON'T MISS the end of an era

Cheers All and see you there

TCK :ohmy:

Guest Mezhouse

Hi All,

Just a quick check in to say - the tickets are going well, so please make sure you don't miss out - all the details are above as to how to get tickets, it's going to be another fantatsic night courtesy of Ade, Mick & Lynn, so DON'T MISS the end of an era

Cheers All and see you there

TCK :)

After a night out in Scarborough on Friday with some old friends we're hoping to put together a group of the old 1960s local scooter crowd to come. Such nostalgia! Some of them i haven't seen in donkeys years! Needless to say I've had my ticket for ages!

Jo xx

Edited by Mezhouse
Guest evissa

Certainly......£6 each :lol:

Just a reminder folks...tickets are selling well and it's the last ever 99 Soul Club event - details are available on the web site www.99soulcub/wordpress.com and flyers are now in circulation.

Sounds great .. I'll be there!

I had a look on the events calendar -- but I couldn't see it listed. (I might have missed it tho... the eyes aren't what they were!!)

Karen (Sheffield) and formerly from Sunny Scarboro' :ohmy:

Guest Mezhouse

I had a look on the events calendar -- but I couldn't see it listed. (I might have missed it tho... the eyes aren't what they were!!)

Karen (Sheffield) and formerly from Sunny Scarboro' :lol:

Goody Karen!!!!! Can't wait! (didn't reallise you were on here too)

Jo xxx

• 1 month later...
Guest soul99 easylay

QUOTE (The Cooler King @ Apr 28 09, 07:41 PM) Certainly......£6 each wink.gif

Karen (Sheffield) and formerly from Sunny Scarboro' smile.gif

Hi Karen - it is on there honest!!!!

Look forward to seeing you therethumbup.gif

Guest soul99 easylay

After a night out in Scarborough on Friday with some old friends we're hoping to put together a group of the old 1960s local scooter crowd to come. Such nostalgia! Some of them i haven't seen in donkeys years! Needless to say I've had my ticket for ages!

Jo xx

Hi Jo,

It would be great to see some of the scooter crowd there - there was a healthy Mod & Scooter turn out last time, so you'd be very welcomethumbsup.gif

Guest soul99 easylay

Hi All,

Less than 3 weeks now to the last ever (and 10th Anniversary) 99 Soul Club event down at The Spa Complex in Scarborough which will run from 7pm to 2am on Saturday July 18th. All guests, Kev Bainbridge, Jinx, the retiring Mort, Mike Charlton, Yocky and Graham Slater are confirmed

As with Soul Splash 1, The Cellars Bar on Valley Road is the "official" pre-event meeting point for the afternoon early evening where the landlord who keeps some fine real ales has kindly agreed that he will play any northern tunes you wish to bring along on his CD system. Just a few minutes from The Spa, The Cellars is a small friendly pub offering good food, tables outside if the weather's good and large TV screen in addition to soulful sounds if it isn't. Better still it's just a 10 minute walk to the venue.

Tickets available on the night for £8 or in advance for £6 via various sources including the DJ's, as listed above, the Scarborough Tourist Info Centre in the Brunswick Centre Scarborough, at the The Spa Complex Box Office at The Beat Club (Corporation Club, Dean Road Scarborough on Friday 10th July (a great atmosphere and night out) or just ring Ade on 07703 791 545.

Look forward to seeing you all there!

shades.gif

TCK

Hi All,

Less than 3 weeks now to the last ever (and 10th Anniversary) 99 Soul Club event down at The Spa Complex in Scarborough which will run from 7pm to 2am on Saturday July 18th. All guests, Kev Bainbridge, Jinx, the retiring Mort, Mike Charlton, Yocky and Graham Slater are confirmed

As with Soul Splash 1, The Cellars Bar on Valley Road is the "official" pre-event meeting point for the afternoon early evening where the landlord who keeps some fine real ales has kindly agreed that he will play any northern tunes you wish to bring along on his CD system. Just a few minutes from The Spa, The Cellars is a small friendly pub offering good food, tables outside if the weather's good and large TV screen in addition to soulful sounds if it isn't. Better still it's just a 10 minute walk to the venue.

Tickets available on the night for £8 or in advance for £6 via various sources including the DJ's, as listed above, the Scarborough Tourist Info Centre in the Brunswick Centre Scarborough, at the The Spa Complex Box Office at The Beat Club (Corporation Club, Dean Road Scarborough on Friday 10th July (a great atmosphere and night out) or just ring Ade on 07703 791 545.

Look forward to seeing you all there!

shades

TCK

Hi ade was talking to Gary Buckley last week and we have arranged to meet up with him and roz and quite a few more on the friday night before the splash and wonderd if any one knew of anything going off to entertain some geriatrik soulies for a few hours on the friday night see you next week all the best Yocky joy and the Barnsley Team.

Guest soul99 easylay

Hi ade was talking to Gary Buckley last week and we have arranged to meet up with him and roz and quite a few more on the friday night before the splash and wonderd if any one knew of anything going off to entertain some geriatrik soulies for a few hours on the friday night see you next week all the best Yocky joy and the Barnsley Team.

Message from Ade, Yocky....

"Hi Yockyno Soul events that Im aware of in the town but for Friday night this sounds just up your street mate

Peasholm Park Concert: 'Swing in the Park'. Firework Spectacular Concert with the Spa Orchestra The versatile Spa Orchestra produce the Big Band sound for another great party night in Peasholm Park Dance by the lake or just tap your feet to the very best of jazz and swing. Guest vocalist, in Sinatra style, is the UK's King of Swing Jez Unwin

Think you get a discount on production of your OAP cards!!.

See you down at The Cellars on Saturday afternoon hopefully

Ade"

Guest soul99 easylay

Hi All,

Here is the confirmed running order for the night, now tell me this aint quality!!

TIME

DJ

7 to 7.45

JINX

7.45 to 8.30

ADE

8.30 to 9.15

MICK

9.15 to 10

KEV BAINBRIDGE

10 to 10.45

MORT

10.45 to 11.45

GRAHAM SLATER

11.45 to 12.45

YOCKY

12.45 to 1.30

MIKE CHARLTON

1.30 to close

Mick and Ade - farewell sad.gif to the 99 Soul Club

In the words of the Yum Yums this is gonna be a big thing!thumbup.gif

Guest soul99 easylay

Had a message from Ade that ticket sales are going very well, so if you haven't got yours yet - don't leave it until the night.

Tickets can be had from the Tourist Information Centre in the Brunswick Centre, The Spa Box Office or from Jimx, Mike Charlton or me (Kev - 07749 017069) The South Yorkshire Contingent can get their tickets from Yocky or gary Buckley

Guest soul99 easylay

Hi All, Just a reminder that Cellars Bar on Valley Road is the "official" pre-event meeting point for the afternoon / early evening.

The landlord has kindly agreed that he will play any northern tunes you wish to bring along on his CD system, there are also some mighty fine beers (and real ale) on offer.

Cellars is a small friendly pub offering good food, tables outside if the weather's good and large TV screen in addition to soulful sounds if it isn't.

Better still it's just a 10 minute walk to the venue. It is located here: https://maps.google.com/maps?oe=UTF-8&ie=UTF-8&q=the+cellars+bar+scarborough&fb=1&split=1&cid=10851519298488231809&li=lmd

...simply "Soul Step" out of Cellars, "do the temptation walk" and turn left, "move on up" to the front, (don't go too far or you'll be "wading in the water" and end up "washed ashore"), turn right, keep "on the right track"and along to the Spa, "keep on keeping on" and it'll take 10 minutes tops (so you don't need to go "To the ends of the earth")cheese1.gif

Guest soulmaguk

July 18th 09 The 99 soul Club will be hosting its last event here in Scarboro' or is it! Speaking to Ade Stelling last week he told me there maybe more next year, so don't be pushed into doing any panic dancing and trying to keep in tradition of the last night of the Casino!

As for tickets selling out, don't worry it wont, they are just using the old tickets selling out fast ploy. You know, the one promoters use a lot these days. Just pay at the door if you don't want to commit to buy, i think they were still letting people in and buying in at Brid weekender late on the Saturday night, we must of learned something about the scene by now over the years.

Fortunately for us Soul fans, Scarboro' s 99 club has always tried to keep the hand-baggers at bay, and do not play Duffy or Holly St. James twice in the same hour!

I won't say my farewells to 99 this time, as they will be back! if you dont see me there I have been refused entry innocent.gif

Cheers

jock

default.jpgAct III - Today I Want To Stay Inside Crossover/Northern Soul

Edited by soulmaguk

July 18th 09 The 99 soul Club will be hosting its last event here in Scarboro' or is it! Speaking to Ade Stelling last week he told me there maybe more next year, so don't be pushed into doing any panic dancing and trying to keep in tradition of the last night of the Casino!

As for tickets selling out, don't worry it wont, they are just using the old tickets selling out fast ploy. You know, the one promoters use a lot these days. Just pay at the door if you don't want to commit to buy, i think they were still letting people in and buying in at Brid weekender late on the Saturday night, we must of learned something about the scene by now over the years.

Fortunately for us Soul fans, Scarboro' s 99 club has always tried to keep the hand-baggers at bay, and do not play Duffy or Holly St. James twice in the same hour!

I won't say my farewells to 99 this time, as they will be back! if you dont see me there I have been refused entry :innocent:

Cheers

jock

99 Soul Club will finish on Saturday - what we have said thoughout ( quoted in press and on radio) and what I said to Jock last week is that we may consider an annual event in the future but these will not be under the 99 Soul club banner - in other words we will not be running regular soul events in the town again - I cant think of a better way of rubbing people up the wrong way than annoucning a last night and then annoucning its not the last night after all - didnt do The Casino management a lot of good from memory.

Re tickets they are selling extremely well (is this another promoters ploy I hear you ask) - well turn up and see but as the flyers indicate admission is avaialable on the night subject to capacity so yes you will be able to get in on the night but there will be no admission after midnight

No doubt you will be there at 7 Jock so look forward to seeing you and your first drink is on me

Ade

Guest Mezhouse

Ade,

Radio York called and they're ringing me at 3:35 this afternoon to do an interview! What have you got me into?!!! Anyway will plug the event myself and put out a message for any more of the old crowd to get their butts there too!

Jo xx

ame='cfc' date='15 July 2009 - 02:47 PM' timestamp='1247662064' post='1114872']

Ade,

Radio York called and they're ringing me at 3:35 this afternoon to do an interview! What have you got me into?!!! Anyway will plug the event myself and put out a message for any more of the old crowd to get their butts there too!

Jo xx

Good luck Jo look forward to meeting the members of the (original?) 1960's Scarbro Scooter club on the night

Guest soulmaguk

Unfortunately I'm not sure I can make it down to the Spa for 7pm on this occasion, for personal reasons. But hopefully will show up for a spell later on.

Guest Mezhouse

Good luck Jo look forward to meeting the members of the (original?) 1960's Scarbro Scooter club on the night

Interview went ok I think. They asked me stuff about 60s Scarbro' and stuff like that. I gave the event another plug and told everyone to come for a good night!

Jo xx

Guest soul99 easylay

I won't say my farewells to 99 this time, as they will be back! if you dont see me there I have been refused entry innocent.gif

Cheers

jock

That's not you being negative is it Jock? How unlike you!wicked.gif

I think Ade & Mick have made it pretty clear that after Saturday, 99 Soul Club is no more. Even if they did decide to do a one off event, it isn't a guarantee - so I for one will be very upset that there won't be anymore 99 Soul Club.

As for the ticket sales they are going well, and being as it's no odds to me whether the tickets sell or not, I aren't using any promoters ploy - cos I aren't one of the promoters!tongue.gif Plus the fact why pay more on the door??

I'll see you there mate - cos you know you will be!thumbup.gif

Guest soulmaguk

No need to be silly, it was meant to be humourous. Anyway, there is a record & CD fair on in Scarboro' on the Saturday 18th. at the library on Vernon Rd. next to Iceland times are 10am-4pm. Free Admission.

Guest soul99 easylay

No need to be silly, it was meant to be humourous. Anyway, there is a record & CD fair on in Scarboro' on the Saturday 18th. at the library on Vernon Rd. next to Iceland times are 10am-4pm. Free Admission.

Me, silly? rolleyes.gif

I, of course didn't employ any sarcasm in my reply Jock tongue.gif

Cheers for the heads up about the record fair - see you Saturdaythumbsup.gif

Guest soulmaguk

Me, silly? :rolleyes:

I, of course didn't employ any sarcasm in my reply Jock :tongue:

Cheers for the heads up about the record fair - see you Saturdaythumbsup.gif

My Facebook Group dont read the Evening News, thats why they have been sent the same message as my post. most of them will just drop down out of town about 10pm to the Spa and pay at the door...Silly Billy :laugh: Anyway, the record fair wont interest you mate, its for people that listen to music! So get your cloth earlobes around this little gem I picked up...Alex Campbell - Not Too Long Ago (its a cover of the Uniques gem done proper 'Northern Soul' style. default.jpgalex cambell

Guest soul99 easylay

Anyway, the record fair wont interest you mate, its for people that listen to music!

You're probably right Jock, I won't be interested if it's got any of that Modern rubbish wicked.gif

Anyway, hope to see you on Saturday, it wouldn't be the same if you weren't there cutting a rug Jock

Cheers

TCK shades.gif

Edited by soul99 easylay
Guest soulmaguk

You're probably right Jock, I won't be interested if it's got any of that Modern rubbish :wicked:

Anyway, hope to see you on Saturday, it wouldn't be the same if you weren't there cutting a rug Jock

Cheers

TCK shades

As some of you are aware, my partner Gina was facing a major operation last week, I'm now glad to say that she is very well and recovering nicely, the operation has been a complete success. I will be there, but sadly without her.

Ending this thread for the 99 has got me quite reminiscing of soul music and records that have broke down the barriers here in Scarboro' over the years and shone through and stood the test of time of our beloved 'Northern' I know Mick Burnett would like me to share with you that it was he that first played out Baby Washington's Leave Me Alone for us and left us to wonder at her powerful vocals on the 45, and the rest was history about this gem. I've had a couple of copies of this through my hands and still marvel at it when I hear it. My last copy I gave to Jinxy for Xmas last year, hope he plays it for us.

Just one more note, After trawling through second hand shops here in Scarboro' some years ago, I came across an album by the Isley Brothers, it was the MFP Tamla Motown Presents. Those days of my life I was just plain down and out, playing this record was my only comfort, playing Your Love Is My Love Forever made me realise that there can be hope however life can get you down. I like to think I discovered or found this record, but looking back, it found me.

So this record is dedicated to all our friends old and new, click the image turn up the volume and all the best forever

Jock.

default.jpgisley bros - my love is your love. Motown Northern Soul

Edited by soulmaguk
Guest soul99 easylay

As some of you are aware, my partner Gina was facing a major operation last week, I'm now glad to say that she is very well and recovering nicely, the operation has been a complete success. I will be there, but sadly without her.

Really sorry to hear about Gina, Jock, glad to hear she is recovering well - I know that I speak for everyone on Soul Source, in wishing her the speediest recovery. And I'm sure you can twist Jinxy's arm into playing Baby Washington.

Cheers & all the very best

TCK shades.gif

Guest soulmaguk

Really sorry to hear about Gina, Jock, glad to hear she is recovering well - I know that I speak for everyone on Soul Source, in wishing her the speediest recovery. And I'm sure you can twist Jinxy's arm into playing Baby Washington.

Cheers & all the very best

TCK shades.gif

Thanks Kev, just fetched her back home now, she's in fine spirits. Funny story that Baby Washington, i gave it jinxy for Xmas because i was sick of hearing the poor quality bootleg he was overplaying. I will see down there at 8 mate!

[

quote name='soulmaguk' date='17 July 2009 - 03:23 PM' timestamp='1247840624' post='1116038']

Thanks Kev, just fetched her back home now, she's in fine spirits. Funny story that Baby Washington , i gave it jinxy for Xmas because i was sick of hearing the poor quality bootleg he was overplaying. I will see down there at 8 mate!

Guest souliegirlie

Hi All!

Ian and I are looking forward to slogging it all the way from (sunny?!) Berkshire once more to support the Soul Splash 2 - one of the friendliest venues and crowds we have come across, and such a great dance floor.

Don't suppose the sun will shine on us, it never seems to when we come up...! However, it's like the sun's rays are bathing us in its warmth as soon as we walk through those doors... :thumbup:

Bags packed and ready to roll...

Guest Mezhouse

Ending this thread for the 99 has got me quite reminiscing of soul music and records that have broke down the barriers here in Scarboro' over the years and shone through and stood the test of time of our beloved 'Northern' I know Mick Burnett would like me to share with you that it was he that first played out Baby Washington's Leave Me Alone for us and left us to wonder at her powerful vocals on the 45, and the rest was history about this gem. I've had a couple of copies of this through my hands and still marvel at it when I hear it. My last copy I gave to Jinxy for Xmas last year, hope he plays it for us.

Just one more note, After trawling through second hand shops here in Scarboro' some years ago, I came across an album by the Isley Brothers, it was the MFP Tamla Motown Presents. Those days of my life I was just plain down and out, playing this record was my only comfort, playing Your Love Is My Love Forever made me realise that there can be hope however life can get you down. I like to think I discovered or found this record, but looking back, it found me.

So this record is dedicated to all our friends old and new, click the image turn up the volume and all the best forever

Jock.

default.jpgisley bros - my love is your love. Motown Northern Soul

So very glad all is ok for Gina, Jock. Look forward to seeing you on Saturday!

Jo xx

Guest soul99 easylay

Hi All!

Ian and I are looking forward to slogging it all the way from (sunny?!) Berkshire once more to support the Soul Splash 2 - one of the friendliest venues and crowds we have come across, and such a great dance floor.

Don't suppose the sun will shine on us, it never seems to when we come up...! However, it's like the sun's rays are bathing us in its warmth as soon as we walk through those doors... tongue.gif

Bags packed and ready to roll...

Would you believe it, it's been raining here in Scarborough today!tongue.gif

Guest soul99 easylay

Just a reminder to all that The Cellars on Valley Road is the official pre event meeting point - the Landlord, Brian,has agreed to play souls sounds thru his CD system throughout the afternoon having advertised the fact outside the pub so anyone going is free to bring along some sounds and he'll bang them on

Ask jinxy to bring his Baby Washington bootwhistling.gif

Guest soulmaguk

Just been down the record fair here today, nevr saw Jinxy there but some nice British stuff to be had. just got these earlier-

alvin cash - twine time £2

Su kramer - you got the power demo £2

isley bros - tell me its a rumour £3

p.p. arnold - speak to me £1

ruth brown - sugar babe £2

also freddie chavez first repro £5

get yourselves over to scarboro' before I tap some more money off our lass and go back down and clear em' out!

Edited by soulmaguk