• Views 589
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

ANYONE GOT A COPY OF JOHNNY ADAMS - YOUR A BAD HABIT BABY - SSS

SHOULDNT BE TOO DIFFICULT

JF

I haven't got it but just wanted to say I saw Johnny Adams in New York about 1991. Some friends and I went to the Lone Star bar near Times Square for a drink and palled up with 2 Puerto Rican scaffolders - it turned out we stayed there from about 2 pm until 2 am. The Ruth Brown show was on in the evening and Johnny Adams. Charles Brown & Snooks Eaglin were on the bill with her. Johnny Adams rehearsed in the afternoon and I had a chat with him and got his autograph on the menu + some photos later on. As you all know he had an incredible voice, it was awesome to hear him live. During our chat he was complaining about not being paid for his UK Charly output. He was really good company and just hearing him rehearse was as good as almost any other live show I have been to. The evening show was great, the bar staff threw everyone out about 6 for a clean up except for us and the scaffolders as we had already made them a profit on the bar for the whole day and we promised (and delivered) much more.

Social source share

Source Advert