Lookback-sweet Soul Newark By Doug

DAVE RIMMER AT SWEET SOUL CLUB NEWARK

WHO EVER THOUGHT I WOULD FIND SUCH A VENUE IN NEWARK

The exact words told to me as DAVE RIMMER walked into Sweetsoul club NEWARK

AS the venue filled up and excellent turnout many thanks to the soul fans and we even had a tv personality from the current channel 4 series THE GREAT GARDEN COMPETITION which is running most afternoons Ms Ann Marie Powell with her sister Angela and partners who delighted in telling me they had thoroughly enjoyed themselves we are getting well known

The local djs played there sets Jez even played a new crossover track he has fell in love with

MARTHA REEVES ON ARISTA b side track" Now that we found love"

and Andy Jackson played as he said one of his most sought after pieces of music

The Excellent" SEAN OLIVER " all the way from Canada plus a nice drifters track and the uhuh "ARCHIE BELL " ?????? PRESSURE which played to a full dance floor

at 10.15 on came DAVE RIMMER and played a storming 6ts set what follows is his list of records played

01 VALENTINOS SWEETER THAN THE DAY BEFORE CHESS RECORDS

02 ROSE BATISTE HIT AND RUN REVILOT

03 CAVALIERS HOLD ON TO MY BABY RCA

04 PATTI & THE EMBLEMS GONNA LOVE YOU A LONG LONG LAPP

05 THE BELLES DONT PRETEND MIRWOOD

06 DEE DEE SHARP WHAT KIND OF LADY GAMBLE

07 CASUALEERS DANCE DANCE DANCE ROULETTE

08 MICKEY CHAMPION WHAT GOOD AM I MUSETTE

09 JAMES ROBBINS I CANT PLEASE YOU MICA

10 LONNIE LESTER YOU CANT GO NU TONE

11 JOE TEX I WANNA BE FREE DIAL

12 SYNC MCGOWAN THATS WHAT I WANT HOPE

13 5 ROYALES CATCH THAT TEARDROP HOME OF THE BLUES

14 IKE & TINA DUST MY BROOM TANGERINE

15 FRANK DELL HE BROKE YOUR GAME WIDE OPEN VALISE

16 7 SOULS I STILL LOVE YOU OKEH

17 RINGLEADERS BABY WHAT HAS HAPPENED TO OUR LOVE M-PAC

18 MAGNETICS I HAVE A GIRL RA-SEL

19 VONDELLS HEY GIRL ( YOUVE CHANGED) AIR TOWN

20 CONSTELLATIONS I DIDNT KNOW HOW TO GEMINI STAR

21 TOMMY NAVARRO I CRIED MY LIFE AWAY DE JAC

22 SAM FLETCHER ID THINK IT OVER TWICE TOLLIE

23 JOHNIE MAE MATHEWS I HAVE NO CHOICE BIG HIT

finishing in style with Johnny Mae a Dean Anderson request before he went off to Lowton

Dave was excellent but passed all requests he couldnt fill for the last man on Doug Hall me and i was pleased with the end of night response to pop dance and circumstance

Thanks to DAVE RIMMER for a cracking spot and hopefully JON POOLE can do similar in June

ktf

DOUG HALL

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 2
  • Views 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest Andy R

DAVE RIMMER AT SWEET SOUL CLUB NEWARK

WHO EVER THOUGHT I WOULD FIND SUCH A VENUE IN NEWARK

The exact words told to me as DAVE RIMMER walked into Sweetsoul club NEWARK

AS the venue filled up and excellent turnout many thanks to the soul fans and we even had a tv personality from the current channel 4 series THE GREAT GARDEN COMPETITION which is running most afternoons Ms Ann Marie Powell with her sister Angela and partners who delighted in telling me they had thoroughly enjoyed themselves we are getting well known

The local djs played there sets Jez even played a new crossover track he has fell in love with

MARTHA REEVES ON ARISTA b side track" Now that we found love"

and Andy Jackson played as he said one of his most sought after pieces of music

The Excellent" SEAN OLIVER " all the way from Canada plus a nice drifters track and the uhuh "ARCHIE BELL " ?????? PRESSURE which played to a full dance floor

at 10.15 on came DAVE RIMMER and played a storming 6ts set what follows is his list of records played

01 VALENTINOS                SWEETER THAN THE DAY BEFORE                          CHESS RECORDS

02 ROSE BATISTE              HIT AND RUN                                                        REVILOT

03 CAVALIERS                  HOLD ON TO MY BABY                                          RCA

04 PATTI & THE EMBLEMS  GONNA LOVE YOU A LONG LONG                            LAPP

05 THE BELLES                  DONT PRETEND                                                    MIRWOOD

06  DEE DEE SHARP          WHAT KIND OF LADY                                              GAMBLE

07 CASUALEERS                DANCE DANCE DANCE                                              ROULETTE

08 MICKEY CHAMPION      WHAT GOOD AM I                                                  MUSETTE

09 JAMES ROBBINS            I CANT PLEASE YOU                                                MICA

10 LONNIE LESTER            YOU CANT GO                                                        NU TONE

11 JOE TEX                      I WANNA BE FREE                                                    DIAL

12 SYNC MCGOWAN          THATS WHAT I WANT                                              HOPE

13 5 ROYALES                  CATCH THAT TEARDROP                                HOME OF THE BLUES

14 IKE & TINA                  DUST MY BROOM                                                    TANGERINE

15 FRANK DELL                  HE BROKE YOUR GAME WIDE OPEN                          VALISE

16 7 SOULS                      I STILL LOVE YOU                                                    OKEH

17 RINGLEADERS              BABY WHAT HAS HAPPENED TO OUR LOVE                  M-PAC

18 MAGNETICS                I HAVE A GIRL                                                          RA-SEL

19  VONDELLS                HEY GIRL ( YOUVE CHANGED)                                    AIR TOWN

20 CONSTELLATIONS      I DIDNT KNOW HOW TO                                            GEMINI STAR

21 TOMMY NAVARRO        I CRIED MY LIFE AWAY                                              DE JAC

22 SAM FLETCHER            ID THINK IT OVER TWICE                                          TOLLIE

23 JOHNIE MAE MATHEWS  I HAVE NO CHOICE                                                  BIG  HIT

finishing in style with Johnny Mae a Dean Anderson request before he went off to Lowton

Dave was excellent but passed all requests he couldnt fill for the last man on Doug Hall me and i was pleased with the end of night response to pop dance and circumstance

Thanks to DAVE RIMMER for a cracking spot and hopefully JON POOLE can do similar in June

ktf

DOUG HALL

link

• 1 month later...