Ian Levine's Super Duper Soul Packs

I'm selling some of my collection off this way. I have done nine sets of these so far, and everyone, and I mean EVERYONE, has been delighted with them.

Others may do a soul pack cheaper, but nothing like the quality that I can do here.

300 all different for £300

300 records will be a complete across the board mix of 60s, 70s and 80s.

Three quarters US labels, one quarter UK, but including some good sixties UK labels.

Some very rare obscure tiny little labels, but some classic soul too.

Lots and lots of twenty quiders in there, but the odd Gladys Knight or Chi-Lites too.

But mostly, nothing worth less than a fiver.

The combined value of the 300 records will be at least £1000 if they were sold separately.

Some of the records will be worth at least twenty quid each. All from my own personal collection. I still have eighty thousand left, and most of those came from a warehouse in St. Louis, one that no UK record dealer had ever been through all the stuff, so there are tons of odddball little label rarities included.

300 all different for £300, no duplication. Postage comes to about £35 though, unless you want to collect them and bring your own boxes.

So total on the cheque should be £335.

I can do up to 600 all different if anyone wants more while this amazing bargain is on offer - I'm only doing it cos I need the cash to pay for all the video editing on my new album.

Look at it this way - if a quarter of them are worth a tenner each, it doesn't matter if there are a few Temptations or James Brown records thrown in, because the overall collected value is worth so so so much more than what I'm charging, but I still have eighty thousand seven inches here.

I even threw five or six extra into each set, plus fifteen extra for the couple of people who had 600 off me - remember I paid more for these records than I'm selling them for.

Edited by Ian Levine
Social source share

soul auctionsTap here for 24hr ebay Lists  Sign in to Switch Ebay Lists OFF 
  • Replies 54
  • Views 9.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Would you consider doing a pack of just 60's UK?

I don't know if it would be possible.

It's taking hours and hours to sort these packs, because while I'm doing one, I'm also adding stuff in for the next two or three.

If anyone is on here who already had one off me, please would you be kind enough to post on here with a fair and unbiased description of what I sent to you, so the others can see what amazing value these things are - I can't believe the expensive records I'm putting in, just to make them special - records I myself paid twenty quid for.

If you're looking for just Northern then they're obviously not for you, but if you're any kind of collector and want some great assorted oddball labels and some nice soul collectors items, they are seriously the bargain of the century, because there's stuff here that you won't see at this price ever again, anywhere.

Edited by Ian Levine
Social source share

Guest Ste Brazil

I don't know if it would be possible.

It's taking hours and hours to sort these packs, because while I'm doing one, I'm also adding stuff in for the next two or three.

If anyone is on here who already had one off me, please would you be kind enough to post on here with a fair and unbiased description of what I sent to you, so the others can see what amazing value these things are - I can't believe the expensive records I'm putting in, just to make them special - records I myself paid twenty quid for.

If you're looking for just Northern then they're obviously not for you, but if you're any kind of collector and want some great assorted oddball labels and some nice soul collectors items, they are seriously the bargain of the century, because there's stuff here that you won't see at this price ever again, anywhere.

Can somebody lend me £300 until payday!? :P

Social source share

HAVING RIFLED THROUGH ALOT OF IANS STUFF YEARS BACK I WOULD SAY

DONT LOOK A GIFT HORSE IN THE MOUTH THERE WILL BE SOME REALLY NICE ITEMS /HIDDEN GEMS IN HERE.TREMENDOUS VALUE.

BAZ A

While I have been pulling out the soul packs over the last four weeks, I have been utterly gobsmacked at the records I have been finding.

Clearly Tim Brown and Pat Brady skimmed over loads without even checking them. Mind you, there were 100,000 then, and there's still eighty thousand now, and that's a bloody LOT of records. And I tied up far far far too much money into them.

Back when I'd been seriously collecting, I was buying this type of stuff blind off Ady Pierce and Gary Cape for ten or twenty pounds each, without even playing any of it, plus that huge find in St. Louis ten years ago, untouched by UK collectors.

Social source share

While I have been pulling out the soul packs over the last four weeks, I have been utterly gobsmacked at the records I have been finding.

Clearly Tim Brown and Pat Brady skimmed over loads without even checking them. Mind you, there were 100,000 then, and there's still eighty thousand now, and that's a bloody LOT of records. And I tied up far far far too much money into them.

Back when I'd been seriously collecting, I was buying this type of stuff blind off Ady Pierce and Gary Cape for ten or twenty pounds each, without even playing any of it, plus that huge find in St. Louis ten years ago, untouched by UK collectors.

Theres alot of British stuff in there Ian a full day was not enough for us we when we visited,the stuff you put in the better cardboard covers was more than interesting imo,ps did the smoke florescent fog turn up?

BAZ A :lol:

Social source share

ps did the smoke florescent fog turn up?

BAZ A

That is the greatest mystery of all.

A lot of people came in and out, back in 2003 when I was selling the big Northern stuff.

I know for sure I had it. Same label as Captain Of Your Ship, by Seventh Wonder.

The fact that I never saw it leave the house means that someone shoved it down their trousers, because they didn't want to pay what it was worth.

The can of worms that opens up is just too horrible to contemplate, so I don't even want to go there. I'd rather forget about it than accuse anyone who might be innocent. But I have a couple of suspicions nevertheless. In fact one in particular who already tried to take advantage. But it's unprovable.

Social source share

Theres a lot of British stuff in there Ian a full day was not enough for us we when we visited

Yes but with eighty thousand soul records, there's a lot of everything in there. I amassed it over thirty years like a magpie.

Social source share

Guest Matt Male

Can we specify 300 only 60s in the pack Ian, or is it too much hassle to sort that way?

um i think you already answered this question.

Edited by Matt Male
Social source share

the stuff you put in the better cardboard covers was more than interesting imo

BAZ A

Yes but those are all cherry picked rare obscure oddball labels. They're much much more expensive. None of those are going in these packs, but there are still plenty of oddball rare stuff mixed in with the eighty thousand, without touching my couple of thousand handpicked sorted personal favourite part of my collection, at least half of which I didn't sell in the first place back in 1979 when Bernie Golding bought the 40,000.

But to be honest, if there are any oddball things that will one day be worth thousands, they're the type of ones I'm adding into these 300 soul packs. the ones in cardboard sleeves are just stuff I separated for sentimental reasons.

Social source share

Can we specify 300 only 60s in the pack Ian, or is it too much hassle to sort that way?

Nope. Totally not possible, nor is it worth it at all. I can only do them this way - it's that or nothing.

I mean if I'm giving £1000 worth of records for £300, if they were all sixties, they'd be worth at least a tenner each, that means 300 would be worth three grand.

Even I'm not THAT generous.

Social source share

Guest Matt Male

Nope. Totally not possible, nor is it worth it at all. I can only do them this way - it's that or nothing.

I mean if I'm giving £1000 worth of records for £300, if they were all sixties, they'd be worth at least a tenner each, that means 300 would be worth three grand.

Even I'm not THAT generous.

Good answer, fair enough. thumbsup.gif

Social source share

Guest Matt Male

Matt, you should trust me, and trust the fact I'll make sure you get a great selection.

And no two packs are the same.

I do trust you Ian and i am really, seriously considering doing this :thumbsup:

Social source share

Guest POTTERIESPECK

IF PICKED UP FROM YOURSELF IN THE UK IAN , WHERE IN THE UK WOULD IT BE FROM IF IT'S NOT TO MUCH TROUBLE.I'VE BEEN MADE REDUNDANT AFTER 25 YEARS, I'VE PAID ME FULL STAMPS INTO THE SYSTEM & THE SOCIAL WON'T GIVE ME FUK OH BECAUSE THEY SAID I;VE TO MUCH SAVINGS, TOLD THEM THATS BOLLOCKS, IT'S REDUNDANCY PAY, BUT NO JOY, YOU SEEM A MAN WITH GOOD BUISNESS ACUMEN , SO IF YOU'RE UP FOR IT I MIGHT ASWELL INVEST IT WITH SOMEBODY THEN AT LEAST IF IT GOES PEAR SHAPED THEM CUNTS DOWN THE SOCIAL WILL HAVE TO GIVE M E SUMMIT FOR 34 YEARS HARD GRAFT. IT'S A SERIOUS OFFER MATE. I'VE GOT FUK OH TO LOSE CAUSE LIKE I SAY THE SOCIAL WONT GIVE ME NOWT AND WHO NOWS WHERE I MIGHT END UP WITH A BIT OF LUCK, REGARDS FROM SOUL - ON - TRENT

post-5802-1234486102_thumb.jpg

Social source share

IF PICKED UP FROM YOURSELF IN THE UK IAN , WHERE IN THE UK WOULD IT BE FROM IF IT'S NOT TO MUCH TROUBLE.I'VE BEEN MADE REDUNDANT AFTER 25 YEARS, I'VE PAID ME FULL STAMPS INTO THE SYSTEM & THE SOCIAL WON'T GIVE ME FUK OH BECAUSE THEY SAID I;VE TO MUCH SAVINGS, TOLD THEM THATS BOLLOCKS, IT'S REDUNDANCY PAY, BUT NO JOY, YOU SEEM A MAN WITH GOOD BUISNESS ACUMEN , SO IF YOU'RE UP FOR IT I MIGHT ASWELL INVEST IT WITH SOMEBODY THEN AT LEAST IF IT GOES PEAR SHAPED THEM CUNTS DOWN THE SOCIAL WILL HAVE TO GIVE M E SUMMIT FOR 34 YEARS HARD GRAFT. IT'S A SERIOUS OFFER MATE. I'VE GOT FUK OH TO LOSE CAUSE LIKE I SAY THE SOCIAL WONT GIVE ME NOWT AND WHO NOWS WHERE I MIGHT END UP WITH A BIT OF LUCK, REGARDS FROM SOUL - ON - TRENT

What a fantastic top ten I gave in that article. Proud of that, especially the Soulvation Army Band - what a bloody stunning record that was - haven't heard it for years - forgot all about it.

Anyway, I'm in London - all I can promise you is you won't find a better way to invest three hundred quid, mainly because the records cost me more than that ten years ago, and I'm only doing this so cheap to raise some cash now when I need it.

Otherwise they'd be five times the price.

Social source share

Guest POTTERIESPECK

WHAT ABOUT ME REDUNDANCY OFFER IAN. I MADE END UP RICH OR SKINT. BUT AT THE WORS, IF SKINT THEM BASTARDS FROM THE SOCIAL WILL HAVE TO GIBIVE ME SUMMIT FO MY PERILS.

Social source share

WHAT ABOUT ME REDUNDANCY OFFER IAN. I MADE END UP RICH OR SKINT. BUT AT THE WORS, IF SKINT THEM BASTARDS FROM THE SOCIAL WILL HAVE TO GIBIVE ME SUMMIT FO MY PERILS.

I thought I answered it, unless I misunderstood the question.

Social source share

Well I've just sorted the records for a couple more, and they're full of weird obscurities and rarities, mixed in with legendary soul classics.

Loads of people said they wanted these, but so far no more cheques have arrived, and I have mailed out all the outstanding orders.

If you're undecided, you have NO IDEA what you're missing here, and remember they cost me more than I'm selling them for.

This offer is only available temporarily.

Social source share

Well I've just sorted the records for a couple more, and they're full of weird obscurities and rarities, mixed in with legendary soul classics.

Loads of people said they wanted these, but so far no more cheques have arrived, and I have mailed out all the outstanding orders.

If you're undecided, you have NO IDEA what you're missing here, and remember they cost me more than I'm selling them for.

This offer is only available temporarily.

I'd love to take you up on the offer, I've sold tons of reggae this week so I could buy 4 or 5 packs off you but I couldn't do anything with the non northern. Shame.

Social source share

I'd love to take you up on the offer, I've sold tons of reggae this week so I could buy 4 or 5 packs off you but I couldn't do anything with the non northern. Shame.

I'd love to sell them to you, but I have to be honest, all my big Northern has gone, and I wouldn't sell them for a quid each anyway, and what I have is tons of obscure collectors soul records.

It's the ultimate dream for anyone who collects soul music across the board, and for someone like that, it's the all time bargain of a lifetime

Social source share

Anyone on here bought one of these packs?

Here's a quote from the other thread about my productions from someone who bought a set of 300.

Hi Everyone,

I'd like to share my experience of yesterday when I visited Ian to buy some records. I arranged to meet at 6pm and being just 20 miles north of Ian left to at five. Big mistake thanks to problems on the North Circular I eventualy turned up 7.45. By 8.00 The Flirtations & Jimmy James turned up for a filming session. Imagine how I felt when I was invited, not just to stay & watch, but to help out.....!!!! Ok all I did was press a few buttons & shift a few props around.....but wow! Jimmy & the girls were great, the banter, the singing, everthing was just fantastic! Sorry if this sounds like the review of an event that should be in Lookbacks but imagine how you'd feel with The Flirtations singing just to you personally. Well that's exactly how it was when I was behind camara for the final take!!!!! Thank you Ian for letting me spend two and a half hours in the company of such marvellous people.

Oh by the way, the records..........£300 for 300? Fantastic deal!!!!!!!

Steve (still on cloud nine) :unsure:

Social source share

Guest POTTERIESPECK

TO IAN,SORRY MATE, BUT I DO ONLY TELL HALF A STORY SOMETIMES ! BUT NOT INTENTIONALLY, WHAT I MEAN'T TO SAY MATE WAS, YOU SELL YA SOUNDS TO THOSE WHO WANT TO PURCHASE THEM, I'M PREPARED TO INVEST MY REDUNDANCY OF FIVE FIGURES ON YA NEW PROJECT IF YA STRUGGLING TO GET THE BRASS TOGETHER AND RELY ON SOMEONE WHO SEEMS TO HAVE A GOOD BUISNESS ACUMEN. LIKE I SAID IF YOU TAKE UP MY OFFER AND IT GOES PEAR SHAPED AT LEAST WHEN I'M BRASSIC THEM TWATS DOWN THE SOCIAL WILL HAVE TO GIVE ME SUMMIT, I' M SERIOUS MATE, A STRAIGHT CASH OFFER ONLY WITH ME RELYING ON YOU MATE. I JUST HOPE YOU TAKE MY MESSAGE IN THE RIGHT CONTEXT . IN NO WAY AM TRYING TO BELITTLE YOU M8. DO US A FAVOUR MATE HO MANY OF THE UNDERNEATH SOUNDS WERE BROKEN AT THE MECCA. REGARDS PECKER FROM SOUL ON TRENT.

post-5802-1234562544_thumb.jpg

Social source share

TO IAN,SORRY MATE, BUT I DO ONLY TELL HALF A STORY SOMETIMES ! BUT NOT INTENTIONALLY, WHAT I MEAN'T TO SAY MATE WAS, YOU SELL YA SOUNDS TO THOSE WHO WANT TO PURCHASE THEM, I'M PREPARED TO INVEST MY REDUNDANCY OF FIVE FIGURES ON YA NEW PROJECT IF YA STRUGGLING TO GET THE BRASS TOGETHER AND RELY ON SOMEONE WHO SEEMS TO HAVE A GOOD BUISNESS ACUMEN. LIKE I SAID IF YOU TAKE UP MY OFFER AND IT GOES PEAR SHAPED AT LEAST WHEN I'M BRASSIC THEM TWATS DOWN THE SOCIAL WILL HAVE TO GIVE ME SUMMIT, I' M SERIOUS MATE, A STRAIGHT CASH OFFER ONLY WITH ME RELYING ON YOU MATE. I JUST HOPE YOU TAKE MY MESSAGE IN THE RIGHT CONTEXT . IN NO WAY AM TRYING TO BELITTLE YOU M8. DO US A FAVOUR MATE HO MANY OF THE UNDERNEATH SOUNDS WERE BROKEN AT THE MECCA. REGARDS PECKER FROM SOUL ON TRENT.

Are you saying you want to invest in my new albums ??

I'm always looking for funding, as I do it all myself, and it costs lots to record twenty nine songs and shoot and edit a video for each one.

If you're serious, please send me a PM and I'll give you all my contact details.

Social source share

Just sorted out thousand all different soul records for someone who's a serious collector and I amazed myself by what I put in.

I must be mad but he'll be bloody happy.

Social source share

Hope you got to see the reply I posted up from Stephen Bishop.

Although it might be nice if some of the others posted a review up on here.

Maybe if people were to post a list of records they have received in their packs it would give members more of an idea what they would be getting for their money.

£300 for 300 records does seem great value for money. But it is only great value if you are getting the kind of records you like.

I am not being funny here, just saying. It would also get you more business if people knew what they would be getting.

Social source share

I've decided to take a gamble and order them..

waiting to hear back now.

I can't list the whole pack but would be happy to list say the top 50 of the pile..

straight off the top.. that would give you a fair view..

sure Ian won't mind, save him typing :thumbup:

I know I have been really thinking about it on and off... should I shouldn't I sort of thing..

so it may help others... but Ian has said they are all differnt and not all Northern..

I'll let you know any way.

Mischief

Social source share

Maybe if people were to post a list of records they have received in their packs it would give members more of an idea what they would be getting for their money.

£300 for 300 records does seem great value for money. But it is only great value if you are getting the kind of records you like.

I am not being funny here, just saying. It would also get you more business if people knew what they would be getting.

No two packs are the same, as I am making them up out of eighty thousand assorted records.

And remember they're full of collectable soul, with some Northern, some funk, some ballads, and lots of oddities and obscurities.

The guy called Tricky just came from Northampton and picked up 1000 all different. I asked him to post on here to tell you all what he got. He seems delighted, and there were lots of twenty quiders in there, and real obscure Chicago and Texas labels.

Social source share

ian

how about doing 100 records for £100

you might get quite a few more taker on this ,

with the credit crunch not everyboby can afford £300.

just an idea.

rupert

No, Rupert, because I'm selling them so cheap that it's just not worth it. I'd rather keep them for that price. I know what an astonishing bargain it is, and no-one else can match it, not with this quality of across the board records, so either people want them or they don't.

The offer is available for those that do. I can't bring myself to sell 100 for £100, not when I put one record in someone's pack of 300 that just got sold for £350

Social source share

I've decided to take a gamble and order them..

waiting to hear back now.

I can't list the whole pack but would be happy to list say the top 50 of the pile..

straight off the top.. that would give you a fair view..

sure Ian won't mind, save him typing :thumbup:

I know I have been really thinking about it on and off... should I shouldn't I sort of thing..

so it may help others... but Ian has said they are all differnt and not all Northern..

I'll let you know any way.

Mischief

Great idea to give as an example, but remember that the next pack may have 300 entirely different in it, or only four or five the same, but it will still give a general idea overall.

Social source share

No two packs are the same, as I am making them up out of eighty thousand assorted records.

And remember they're full of collectable soul, with some Northern, some funk, some ballads, and lots of oddities and obscurities.

The guy called Tricky just came from Northampton and picked up 1000 all different. I asked him to post on here to tell you all what he got. He seems delighted, and there were lots of twenty quiders in there, and real obscure Chicago and Texas labels.

I understand that Ian. Just be good to get an idea that's all.

I know Trev well and will plague him for info. Thanks.

Social source share

Well he's coming at twelve tomorrow, so I'm sure he can give everybody a fair appraisal. I have gone out of my way to make each and every pack full of more valuable items than they cost.

Social source share

I got mixed up here.

Trev's the guy I just sold 1000 to, right ??

Not the guy Paul who's coming tomorrow ......

Social source share

Yes Tricky is Trev unless I've got the wrong guy?

Don't tell me there are two Tricky Trev's in Northampton? One's more than enough biggrin.gif

No you're correct.

I got mixed up because Paul (Mischief) was offering to list the ones he's getting tomorrow, and Trev (Tricky) collected his today, so I thought you were talking about one when in fact you were talking about the other.

Social source share

I do realise why Mike Hughes has changed the sales thread, so that people who have just five records to sell don't stay bumped at the top, but it's most unfortunate for me and these soul packs, because I have eighty thousand records, everyone has STILL been delighted so far, and now the thread is almost down to page three purely because of its start date.

Well - no use me complaining - it'll just become a case of "Oh no, not Levine again", but it does seem like I'm the one person to be hit unfairly by this, especially as they all cost me more than I'm selling them for, and I'm busting my balls to make sure everybody goes away happy.

Anyway, hopefully Mischief will post up a review once he picks up his records today.

Social source share

Bit confused at what Stephen Bishop's done.

It's his prerogative, but he's kept all the sixties stuff out of my bargain soul pack of 300 for £300, and he's trying to sell off the 70s stuff at £2.50 each.

It's his choice, but I'm not sure that it's fair, particularly to me. He's listing this lot further up the Sales forum..

The Presidents - I'm Still Dancing - Sussex

Carol Williams - More - Epic

General Johnson - All In The Family - Arista

Curtis Mayfield - This Year - Curtom DJ

The Dramatic - A Marriage on Paper Only - MCa

Joe Simon - In My Baby's Arms - Spring

Krystal - False Alarm - Magic Touch

Harmon Bethea - Talking About The Boss & I - Musicor

Starpoint - Don't Be So Serious - Boardwalk

Billy Griffin - Serious - Columbia DJ

Street Players - Ain't No Doubt - Ariola

The Imperials - Who's Gonna Love Me - Omni

Lloyd Price - What Did You Do With My Love - LPJ DJ

Seven Wonders Of The World - Just One Chance To Say Goodbye - Blackout DJ

Norma & the Heartaches - Hot Pants - Marmaduke

The Manhattans _ If My Heart Could Speak - Deluxe

Dotothy Moore - With Pen In Hand - Malaco

Rufus Thomas - If There Were No Music AOA

War - All Day Music - UA

100 Proof Aged In Soul - I've Come To Save You - Hot Wax

Melba Moore - Pick Me Up I'll Dance - Epic DJ

Barbara Mason - One Man Between Us - Buddah

Bill Withers - Harlem - Sussex

Natalie Cole - Don't Look Back - Capitol

First Class - Me & My Gemini - Allplatinum

Ronnie Foster - Minight Plane - Columbia

Coffee - I Wanna Be With You - MIR

The Dells - Bring Back The Love Of Yesterday - Cadet

Esther Phillips - For All We Know - Kudu

Sister Sledge - Lightfootin' - Cotillion

Bo Kirkland - Grandfather Clock - Claridge

St Tropez - Femmes Fatales - Destiny

Ottis Clay - Messing With My Mind - Echo

Edwin Starr - Abyssinia Jones - Granite

Latimore - Long Distance Love - Glades

Peter Brown - It's True What They Say About Love - Drive

The Bar-Kays - Feels Like I'm Falling In Love - Mercury

Chil-lites - I Just Wanna Hold You - Larc

Bettye Swann - Victim Of A Foolish Heart - Atlantic

Lou Rawls - Let Me Be Good To You PIR

Enchartment - Anyway You Want It - Roadshow

Aretha Franklin - Sister From Texas - Atlantic

Jackie Wilson & The Chi-lites - Don't Burn No Bridges - Brunswick DJ

Ashford & Simpson - Couldn't Get Enough - Warner Bros

Isaac Hayes Moonlight Lovin' - Polydor

Rufus Featuring Chaka Khan - Everybody's Got An Aura - ABC

Stacy Lattisaw - I'm Not The Same Girl - Cotillion

Enchantment - Gloria - UA

Ready For The World - My Girl - MCA

But he got every single one of these off me at less than a pound each, if you count in the extra few I threw in above the 300.

I TOLD you all it was a bargain. But each pack is different.

Edited by Ian Levine
Social source share

Well just finished

I quickly flicked through 300+ records :unsure:smile.gif:D

i've not gone through them properly as it's to many..,

I just put the needle on and then took it off, so only got 20 secs of each record played

You may have noticed on another thread the sort of stuff in the packs...

Ian did say they was all differnt.. there is a few I have on that list but when reading there are alot i don't have.

I've pulled out the following so far...

Bill Myles - Honey Bee

uk copy coral jackie wilson - lonely life

baby sitter - bettye wright

the bells - bobby powell (ballard)

hey diddle diddle - jay and the techniques

don covey - one little boy had money

so blue - little milton - checker - a personal fav of mine which i have already but this copy is a minter.

a record by the fabulous kays on jardin records looks new but really good - take me back / it's too late :ohmy:

april mae - you were born to be loved

dakota staton - country man.. (not northern just like it)

arlene brown - humpty dumpty

brenda & the tabulations (3 differnt one) but one is lies lies lies... nice cheap stomper

Lloyd price - bad conditions - 60s funk.. quite in your face

naturals - color him father

moments - got to get to know you

Solaris - you and me

not looked at prices on any of the above as it's not important..

i've still got to go through the records again when I have more time..

but I will be honest I am happy with them...

The record that stands out the most and Ian did recomend it when i was there was

Tommy Tate if you ain't man enough - on koko...

i have just looked at the price of it on Manships and he has one listed at £15.. he also has a sound clip... well worth the money.

There is also a gospel record in there called pray pray pray... i'm not brave enough to play it out but it will make it on one of my cd's

then when i get feedback from my mates i may play it out :lol::D

ps Ian chucked in a tripple cd as well... :thumbsup:

Thanks Ian

Mischief

Social source share

Well just finished

I quickly flicked through 300+ records :unsure:smile.gif:D

i've not gone through them properly as it's to many..,

I just put the needle on and then took it off, so only got 20 secs of each record played

You may have noticed on another thread the sort of stuff in the packs...

Ian did say they was all differnt.. there is a few I have on that list but when reading there are alot i don't have.

I've pulled out the following so far...

Bill Myles - Honey Bee

uk copy coral jackie wilson - lonely life

baby sitter - bettye wright

the bells - bobby powell (ballard)

hey diddle diddle - jay and the techniques

don covey - one little boy had money

so blue - little milton - checker - a personal fav of mine which i have already but this copy is a minter.

a record by the fabulous kays on jardin records looks new but really good - take me back / it's too late :ohmy:

april mae - you were born to be loved

dakota staton - country man.. (not northern just like it)

arlene brown - humpty dumpty

brenda & the tabulations (3 differnt one) but one is lies lies lies... nice cheap stomper

Lloyd price - bad conditions - 60s funk.. quite in your face

naturals - color him father

moments - got to get to know you

Solaris - you and me

not looked at prices on any of the above as it's not important..

i've still got to go through the records again when I have more time..

but I will be honest I am happy with them...

The record that stands out the most and Ian did recomend it when i was there was

Tommy Tate if you ain't man enough - on koko...

i have just looked at the price of it on Manships and he has one listed at £15.. he also has a sound clip... well worth the money.

There is also a gospel record in there called pray pray pray... i'm not brave enough to play it out but it will make it on one of my cd's

then when i get feedback from my mates i may play it out :lol::D

ps Ian chucked in a tripple cd as well... :thumbsup:

Thanks Ian

Mischief

I know I put some really expensive stuff in there too. There was a St. Louis record on an orange label that I got forty quid each for a couple of copies, and there were Northern classics like Joe Simon - No Sad Songs, and Solaris "You And Me", plus that Naturals is worth thirty quid.

I honestly guarantee they're the best bargain ever.

Social source share

I know I put some really expensive stuff in there too. There was a St. Louis record on an orange label that I got forty quid each for a couple of copies, and there were Northern classics like Joe Simon - No Sad Songs, and Solaris "You And Me", plus that Naturals is worth thirty quid.

I honestly guarantee they're the best bargain ever.

No i'm happy but still going through them :thumbsup:

Social source share