Uk President Record Label

Denbo

I've been collecting UK labels on and off for donkeys years but have never noticed this before.

Can somebody please explain? Does anybody out there have an answer for this? Indeed, has anybody else ever noticed this before?

Look forward to your responses.

Denbo.

post-4017-1234646384_thumb.jpg

post-4017-1234646408_thumb.jpg

Social source share

• Replies 37
  • Views 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

I've been collecting UK labels on and off for donkeys years but have never noticed this before.

Can somebody please explain? Does anybody out there have an answer for this? Indeed, has anybody else ever noticed this before?

Look forward to your responses.

Denbo.

post-4017-1234646384_thumb.jpg

post-4017-1234646408_thumb.jpg

must say ive never noticed the label on top before always the lower one

kev

Social source share

must say ive never noticed the label on top before always the lower one

kev

Shame its not J Wyatt, however i know a man who bout all the stock from the Presisant wharehouse when it closed he is the expert on this lable. On a differant presidant subject he found 50 demos & 40 issues of RAY MERRAL lucky sod that how we know that its so rare and issue are the rareist but demos look better DAVE KIL ph34r.gif

Social source share

Shame its not J Wyatt, however i know a man who bout all the stock from the Presisant wharehouse when it closed he is the expert on this lable. On a differant presidant subject he found 50 demos & 40 issues of RAY MERRAL lucky sod that how we know that its so rare and issue are the rareist but demos look better DAVE KIL ph34r.gif

Can you get in touch with this guy and ask him what he knows about the different label designs? Perhaps you could direct him to this posting so he can see the scans for himself?

Thanks.

Social source share

Can you get in touch with this guy and ask him what he knows about the different label designs? Perhaps you could direct him to this posting so he can see the scans for himself?

Thanks.

biggrin.gif I am one step ahead of you I have emailed him I should get some reply tomorrow night DAVE KIL :)
Social source share

hi, very interesting regards label format. i have a US President 45 W/Demo with the same curved format were all the other

copies ive seen of said 45 have the straight logo.

russ

Really? Got a scan?

Now you mention it, I think I've seen one of those imports before, too many years ago to mention but you've jogged my memory.

There might be the beginnings of an explanation for the UK version in that little snippet. Thanks.

Social source share

They changed the label design after the first few releases, don't think there's anthing particularily unusual about that or am I missing something?

Yeah, alright, got a bit carried away I suppose BUT it's just that after all these years, I for one have NEVER noticed this before.

Guess they decided to make the change somewhere between PT 104 and PT 108, eh?

Still, did they make the change because they made the change in the USA too? Guess so. But being a NERD, I wanna know for sure, and why!!! :o)

Social source share

Shame its not J Wyatt, however i know a man who bout all the stock from the Presisant wharehouse when it closed he is the expert on this lable. On a differant presidant subject he found 50 demos & 40 issues of RAY MERRAL lucky sod that how we know that its so rare and issue are the rareist but demos look better DAVE KIL :lol:

WHY DO YOU SAY SHAME ITS NOT J.WYATT, IS THAT RARE ON THIS LABEL THEN ,I BE INTERESTED IF IT IS, LET ME KNOW

WAZZ.

Social source share

I've seen that design before several times - but it's always been that particluar record

There you go. Now I wonder if it's JUST that one record with this label design, or every one up to and including this one, after which the label design changed to the one we all know and recognise?

Was hoping for some input from you Pete. Perhaps Mick Smith could comment also? Is he on here?

Social source share

There you go. Now I wonder if it's JUST that one record with this label design, or every one up to and including this one, after which the label design changed to the one we all know and recognise?

Was hoping for some input from you Pete. Perhaps Mick Smith could comment also? Is he on here?

Input apart from me telling you I'd seen it before and it was always that record?

Social source share

Input apart from me telling you I'd seen it before and it was always that record?

W E L L . . . . . . every little bit helps Pete, you know that.

Incidentally, can you confirm or deny the rumour that Dee Dee Sharpe "There Ain't Nothin' I Wouldn't Do" came out in the UK on Demo only?

Social source share

As the top one has a three point centre rather than the four point usual for President releases, possibly for some reason President used a different manufacturing plant from usual, as a one off - and neglected/were unable for whatever reason to supply the second plant with a copy of the President logo for the labels so they just made one up to look close to the real one?

Social source share

As the top one has a three point centre rather than the four point usual for President releases, possibly for some reason President used a different manufacturing plant from usual, as a one off - and neglected/were unable for whatever reason to supply the second plant with a copy of the President logo for the labels so they just made one up to look close to the real one?

D'you know what, that sounds so ridiculous (no offence intended) that it's probably true!!!

Nice one, thanks for posting. :o)

Could do with seeing the US President logo before it too switched to the logo we all know and remember. Can anybody supply us with a scan?

Social source share

That's spot on Neil, I reckon.

All the four prongers have the dotted lettering.

This was clearly a 'done elsewhere' job - and back then they couldn't just email a jpeg to create or recreate the artwork!

post-4120-1234719091_thumb.jpg

post-4120-1234719101_thumb.jpg

post-4120-1234719113_thumb.jpg

post-4120-1234719127_thumb.jpg

Social source share

This was clearly a 'done elsewhere' job - and back then they couldn't just email a jpeg to create or recreate the artwork!

I tend to agree. BUT, I would like further confirmation, which could easily be resolved with scans for Pt 100 or 101 to 103 inclusive, don't you think?

Social source share

I tend to agree. BUT, I would like further confirmation, which could easily be resolved with scans for Pt 100 or 101 to 103 inclusive, don't you think?

Who cares its a crap record anyway. :thumbsup:

Social source share

Who cares its a crap record anyway. :ohmy:

Fcuk off Ken. :thumbsup:

But true, it isn't that good a record. It's the label design that's of interest here.

By the way, where were you at Donna's Birthday bash at the Social? Was hoping to meet up with you there.

Edited by denbo
Social source share

Fcuk off Ken. :thumbsup:

But true, it isn't that good a record. It's the label design that's of interest here.

By the way, where were you at Donna's Birthday bash at the Social? Was hoping to meet up with you there.

Spent half hour digging me car out the snow,didnt look too good on the roads and the tube is too far to walk so gave up la !,didn't tell anyone didn't want to spoil anyones night :ohmy: hope you enjoyed yourself.

Social source share

why do some records have 3 bits holding the middles in and some have 4?? :thumbsup: probably obvious but just curious after seeing the 2 top scans.

chris :ohmy:

Depends who pressed them - like you'll see beatles records with usual 4 prong centres but at times the demand was so great that EMI couldn't copt so they used Philips facilities and they'd be on the same label but with 3 prongs instead

Social source share

Spent half hour digging me car out the snow,didnt look too good on the roads and the tube is too far to walk so gave up la !,didn't tell anyone didn't want to spoil anyones night :thumbsup: hope you enjoyed yourself.

Figured as much.

Yeah, it was a good night, if a bit low key. Shame the snow decided to fall in bucket fulls on Donna's Birthday celebration. Didn't spoil things too much though. The upside was that we all got a MUCH BIGGER portion of the wonderfully moist chocolate cake that was on offer. REALLY was tasty. Of course Ady got by far the largest portion. :o) Nah, just kiddin', methinks it was actually Warren Boogaloo's slice that won hands down!!! :o)

Social source share

WHY DO YOU SAY SHAME ITS NOT J.WYATT, IS THAT RARE ON THIS LABEL THEN ,I BE INTERESTED IF IT IS, LET ME KNOW

WAZZ.

:thumbup: The answer is yes on origanal press and as an origanal demo we are talking pride of place in your rare UK box Value would be down to offers for such a rareity 2nd issue demos are hard to find also DAVE KIL :rolleyes:
Social source share

:thumbup: BY THE WAY WHOEVER PUT THE RED A IN AS A DEMO HAD THE RIGHT IDEA AS THAT IS THE WAY REAL DEMOS LOOK DAVE KIL :rolleyes:
Social source share

:shades: FIRST OF OF COURSE THE US WHITE LABLE IS DESIRABLE I DONT DIPUTE THAT BUT WE ARE TALKING ABOUT A UK RECORED LABLE? SADLY I HAVE NOT SPOKEN TO MY MAN IN THE KNOW HOWEVER MY OTHER MAN IN THE KNOW SAID TO ME THAT THIS IS THE FRENCH LABLE THAT FOR SOME REASON HAS LANDED UP IN THE MAIN ON A SMALL RUN OF THIS SOUND INPARTICULAR, HOWEVER THERE MAY BE OTHERS AROUND WHO KNOWS? AS FOR LABLE DESIGN I HAVE BEEN RELIABLY IN FORMED THAT IT IS COMON ON SEVERAL PRESIDENT RECORDS FROM OVERSEAS..DAVE KIL :D
Social source share

:shades: FIRST OF OF COURSE THE US WHITE LABLE IS DESIRABLE I DONT DIPUTE THAT BUT WE ARE TALKING ABOUT A UK RECORED LABLE? SADLY I HAVE NOT SPOKEN TO MY MAN IN THE KNOW HOWEVER MY OTHER MAN IN THE KNOW SAID TO ME THAT THIS IS THE FRENCH LABLE THAT FOR SOME REASON HAS LANDED UP IN THE MAIN ON A SMALL RUN OF THIS SOUND INPARTICULAR, HOWEVER THERE MAY BE OTHERS AROUND WHO KNOWS? AS FOR LABLE DESIGN I HAVE BEEN RELIABLY IN FORMED THAT IT IS COMON ON SEVERAL PRESIDENT RECORDS FROM OVERSEAS..DAVE KIL :D

Can your man in the know spell ?

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert