Soulin' Around - Bedford - 14th Feb

last night Molly launched his new night in Bedford and it was a night that delivered exactly what it said on the tin. :lol:

Molly & Lorraine had worked so hard to get this night just right and there efforts were well rewarded.

This is a great venue (only a ten minute walk for me wink.gif )and lends well to a soul night with plenty of floor space, comfortable seating areas, good bar staff that actually looked as if they were enjoying themselves, which is a pleasant change.

I can't comment on what was played as most of you know modern isn't really my thing so I will leave that to the modern experts but I am sure they will say that it was modern at its best and it had even this die hard 60s girlie up on the floor.

All the DJs played great sets with enough 60s thrown in to keep us northern fans happy.

Well done thumbup.gif and look forward to the next one on 2nd May.

QoFxx

Edited by chrissie
  • Replies 28
  • Views 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Twas a lovely night, it must've been coz I've only just got up...and counting the hours til I can go back... :lol:

Thanks Molly and Lorry... thumbup.gif

PS Chrissie was first on the dance floor to this modern she recons she don't like... :lol:

That wasn't me, it was that twin sister of mine AGAIN shhh.gif , seem to remember her doing it at Luton a couple of years back, ruining my reputation as a 60s girlie :lol::lol:

QoFxx

Well i thought it was rather good this event put on by Molly.

Last minute decision to go,felt rough all day but a phone call from Karen Bedford,fancy going tonight ill pick up at 9......so off i goes,sorry about the navigating Karen 20 mins from my house and still got lost ha ha......Thanks for the lift Karen,hope your knees better today.

Name on the guest list nice touch that was Molly & Lorry thanks much appreciated.

A night club venue with loads of space to strutt your stuff,fair prices at the bar with very fast service,tell you what that Red Strip stuff gives you a hangover or what :) .

Adam,this was the best i'd ever heard him play out,worked the floor very well.

Mick H again awesome tunes played out by Mick,that good he was even dancing to his own set,thanks for the Major Williams Mick great stuff.

Molly great records played by you young man,why were you nervous,you got a winner here mate with a great crowd of soul people,who all enjoyed it........well done mate.

Loads of people in last night,thanks go to Teresa for keeping me sane,along with Chantell a girl even madder than me.Nicola ive sent you a pm btw you two people look so so happy it made my night to see you with a great mate in Gilly(there are 5 gears on this car you know) see i do listen :) .Chrissie(o) a 60s girl who does'nt do modern well you had a good boogie to them,spandex or what?.Loads of the Bedford crowd in as well,all there to support Molly, well done Bedford.

all in all a realy good night out at the Gallery,i will return i liked it.....well done Molly & Lorry and to the other DJs Mick H , Adam and Tony warrott.

Toby.

I can't comment on what was played as most of you know modern isn't really my thing so I will leave that to the modern experts but I am sure they will say that it was modern at its best and it had even this die hard 60s girlie up on the floor.

All the DJs played great sets with enough 60s thrown in to keep us northern fans happy.

Well done :) and look forward to the next one on 2nd May.

QoFxx

Twas a lovely night, it must've been coz I've only just got up...and counting the hours til I can go back... laugh.gif

Thanks Molly and Lorry... :ohmy:

PS Chrissie was first on the dance floor to this modern she recons she don't like... :thumbsup:

totally agree top night had by all great to see so many people we know with a full people carrier from st ives quality sounds from all the d.j's mick was on fire for his second set of the night playing a blnder well done molly ans lorraine for a top night. just what the scene needs :lol::D:unsure: Edited by speedlimit

Many thanks for all the kind comments made after last night. We had about 120 in, and was nice to see so many smiling faces whilst dancing and enjoying themselves. I think I knew about 90% of the faces in there, and everyone did their part in creating such a friendly atmosphere all night long.

The music policy worked very well, and even die hard 60's fans were on the floor to the more progressive Modern tunes that were played.

All my guest DJ'S Tony Warot, Adam and Mick 'H' worked the floor all night long with a great selection of across the board sounds, many many thanks Lads. And the open minded crowd did themselves proud and danced to the more rarer tunes and current biggies being played.

I even caught the owner dancing later on in the evening(nice one Nig') :rolleyes:

A great crowd, friendly door staff and bar staff all contributed to making the night a success. Lorraine was a natural on the door, and everyone was greeted with a smile and a pleasant greeting.

Nice to see so many travellers attend to from Nottingham, St Ives, London,

Southampton, Rugby and Leicester to name but a few.

I hope you will all come back again, and if you do please tell your mates and drag them along too.

Once again many thanks all round, because at the end of the day it's YOU the punters that make nights like this successful. Your all a credit to the scene.

Mick thanks for playing Eugene Smiley and Mellow Souls :thumbup:

Next Soulin'around at the Gallery is on May 2nd with guests-: Steve Guarnori and Carl Fortnum.

See you all out and about very soon.

Best

Molly & Lorraine :D

Edited by MOLLY
Guest Andy Kempster

so glad it went well for you mate, i had toby on the phone for ages last night enthusing about what a great night he had.

really wish i could have been there but due to myvery inconsiderate son having his 9th birthday this week i was unable to.

see you both out and about very soon...all the best

andy

Well Done Molly, Lorraine, and the guest dj's Tony, Adam and Mick H, we had a fab night. Am really pleased that your first night went well for you both. :thumbup:

Good to see so many friends. Toby thnaks for the kind words and it was lovely seeing you. Oh I think Gilly must have listened about the 5th gear as I didn't have to tell him again laugh.gif

Looking forward to the next one

so glad it went well for you mate, i had toby on the phone for ages last night enthusing about what a great night he had.

really wish i could have been there but due to myvery inconsiderate son having his 9th birthday this week i was unable to.

see you both out and about very soon...all the best

andy

Thanks Andy, Toby seemed to enjoy himself dancing up in the VIP area, and also venturing on to the dance floor to the sound of Lil Major Williams too laugh.gif

Looking forward to you opening the night in May alongside Steve G and Carl Fortnum.

Best

Molly

Guest Andy Kempster

Thanks Andy, Toby seemed to enjoy himself dancing up in the VIP area, and also venturing on to the dance floor to the sound of Lil Major Williams too :thumbup:

Looking forward to you opening the night in May alongside Steve G and Carl Fortnum.

Best

Molly

ooohhh...me too mate, very excited :thumbsup:

Many thanks for all the kind comments made after last night. We had about 120 in, and was nice to see so many smiling faces whilst dancing and enjoying themselves. I think I knew about 90% of the faces in there, and everyone did their part in creating such a friendly atmosphere all night long.

The music policy worked very well, and even die hard 60's fans were on the floor to the more progressive Modern tunes that were played.

All my guest DJ'S Tony Warot, Adam and Mick 'H' worked the floor all night long with a great selection of across the board sounds, many many thanks Lads. And the open minded crowd did themselves proud and danced to the more rarer tunes and current biggies being played.

I even caught the owner dancing later on in the evening(nice one Nig') :thumbsup:

A great crowd, friendly door staff and bar staff all contributed to making the night a success. Lorraine was a natural on the door, and everyone was greeted with a smile and a pleasant greeting.

Nice to see so many travellers attend to from Nottingham, St Ives, London,

Southampton, Rugby and Leicester to name but a few.

I hope you will all come back again, and if you do please tell your mates and drag them along too.

Once again many thanks all round, because at the end of the day it's YOU the punters that make nights like this successful. Your all a credit to the scene.

Mick thanks for playing Eugene Smiley and Mellow Souls :thumbup:

Next Soulin'around at the Gallery is on May 2nd with guests-: Steve Guarnori and Carl Fortnum.

See you all out and about very soon.

Best

Molly & Lorraine :ohmy:

Good to hear your first event went well. Look forward to seeing you both at your September date.

Steve & Charmain Lyons.

InCrowd Soul Society (17th Year), Northern Soul. Paris Suite, Belvedere Hotel, Bath Road, Bournemouth BH1 2EU, 01202 293336

Parking, Accommodation (Special Rates), www.belvedere-hotel.co.uk Close to Beach, Pier, Shops

Saturdays 4 April, 2 May, 6 June, 1 August, 5 September, 7 November

Resident DJ Steve Lyons (InCrowd Soul Society) & Guests. 07780 862774

Good to hear your first event went well. Look forward to seeing you both at your September date.

Steve & Charmain Lyons.

InCrowd Soul Society (17th Year), Northern Soul. Paris Suite, Belvedere Hotel, Bath Road, Bournemouth BH1 2EU, 01202 293336

Parking, Accommodation (Special Rates), www.belvedere-hotel.co.uk Close to Beach, Pier, Shops

Saturdays 4 April, 2 May, 6 June, 1 August, 5 September, 7 November

Resident DJ Steve Lyons (InCrowd Soul Society) & Guests. 07780 862774

Hi Charmain,

Will be great to have you up in September. Should be a great night with Soul Sam and Andy Dyson guesting :thumbsup:

Best

Molly

Well Done Molly, Lorraine, and the guest dj's Tony, Adam and Mick H, we had a fab night. Am really pleased that your first night went well for you both. wink.gif

Good to see so many friends. Toby thnaks for the kind words and it was lovely seeing you. Oh I think Gilly must have listened about the 5th gear as I didn't have to tell him again laugh.gif

Looking forward to the next one

Hi Nicola, Glad you and Gilly enjoyed yourselves and had a good dance.

Hope to see you both very soon.

Molly

Really sorry we couldnt make it for this,the first one ,having said that during the past few weeks of putting out the flyers I could see you were gonna be off to a flying start!!

So pleased for you and were really looking forward to making it next time for steve G and lincolnshires finest Carl Fortnum yes.gif ,and obviously the November date whistling.gifthumbsup.gif

Steve

Congratulations Lorraine on what was obviously YOUR night, well done that lass! With a little assistance from a few geezers maybe :shades: .

Well, we came up from the Southside in the painters van, only took an hour, plus the extra half hour to find the place because a painter never asks for directions. Still, we got to see all the sights and now know Bedford like the back of our hand. Blimey, those local lasses don't wear much on a Saturday night out do they?

Molly in good spirits when we arrived due to the excellent turnout, and even Justin paying our £14 entrance in small change didn't seem to faze him There were two younger girls behind us in the queue to pay, and Molly diplomatically asked if they knew it was a northern soul night as they got to the door. 'Oh yes!' they replied, 'we know that - we've just come to meet our Dad'. How old did we feel...

The Gallery is a great nightclub venue with plenty of room to dance, nice floor, mirrors for the attention seekers, comfy sofas to lounge in, and efficient bar. A really good mix of quality 70s, popular and rare 60s and a smattering of newer tunes, played by up for it jocks to a happy crowd. The Four Tracks' Charade is my favourite tune of all time by the way Mr Adam - will never, ever, tire of it.

Lovely to see Molly & Lolly of course, Sian & Dean, Cat, Tony Warot, Steve Newman, Rob & Sue, the fabulous Chantel, Toby my Valentine & Nicola. Danced so much that we forgot we brought our camera until it was 5 to 3, by which point Justin had drunk 7 pints, so apologies for these pathetic offerings - one pic of Molly on the decks and one of me looking haggard. There were about 7 more of my arse, but not really suitable for publication :D .

All in all we had a belter and will definitely be back again.

Cheers,

Theresa & Justin

post-8338-1234814137_thumb.jpg

post-8338-1234814287_thumb.jpg

Had a real good time at this venue, it was great to see a few of me mates that i hadent seen in a while to, was great to catch up with the rugby crowd had a good chat with Sian, :unsure:

I thought the music was great all night, thanks to all the dj`s.. but i missed toney`s spot (sorry sir) i was a bit worried abought this venue being used though, but i think i only see one Bottle dancer and one set of handbags on the floor all night, and chantel would have sorted them out enyway :lol: ..And it was great to see Mick so soon after coming out of papworth, well done mate :lol: , and it was great to see Karen Bedford, allways good to see her strutting her stuff lol.

Thanks to Molly and Lorrie for putting this venue on the map and giving us a great night, with a great line up of dj`s :lol:

Glyn-w

Edited by glyn-w

Congratulations Lorraine on what was obviously YOUR night, well done that lass! With a little assistance from a few geezers maybe :cheese1: .

Well, we came up from the Southside in the painters van, only took an hour, plus the extra half hour to find the place because a painter never asks for directions. Still, we got to see all the sights and now know Bedford like the back of our hand. Blimey, those local lasses don't wear much on a Saturday night out do they?

Molly in good spirits when we arrived due to the excellent turnout, and even Justin paying our £14 entrance in small change didn't seem to faze him There were two younger girls behind us in the queue to pay, and Molly diplomatically asked if they knew it was a northern soul night as they got to the door. 'Oh yes!' they replied, 'we know that - we've just come to meet our Dad'. How old did we feel...

The Gallery is a great nightclub venue with plenty of room to dance, nice floor, mirrors for the attention seekers, comfy sofas to lounge in, and efficient bar. A really good mix of quality 70s, popular and rare 60s and a smattering of newer tunes, played by up for it jocks to a happy crowd. The Four Tracks' Charade is my favourite tune of all time by the way Mr Adam - will never, ever, tire of it.

Lovely to see Molly & Lolly of course, Sian & Dean, Cat, Tony Warot, Steve Newman, Rob & Sue, the fabulous Chantel, Toby my Valentine & Nicola. Danced so much that we forgot we brought our camera until it was 5 to 3, by which point Justin had drunk 7 pints, so apologies for these pathetic offerings - one pic of Molly on the decks and one of me looking haggard. There were about 7 more of my arse, but not really suitable for publication :D .

All in all we had a belter and will definitely be back again.

Cheers,

Theresa & Justin

post-8338-1234814137_thumb.jpg

post-8338-1234814287_thumb.jpg

Hi T,

You spent most of the time on the dance floor, no wonder you didn't take many photo's :D and thats not like you at all is it...

But i'm glad you enjoyed the music policy, and had a good dance. After all thats what it's all about.

Best

Molly x

Had a real good time at this venue, it was great to see a few of me mates that i hadent seen in a while to, was great to catch up with the rugby crowd had a good chat with Sian, :cheese1:

I thought the music was great all night, thanks to all the dj`s.. but i missed toney`s spot (sorry sir) i was a bit worried abought this venue being used though, but i think i only see one Bottle dancer and one set of handbags on the floor all night, and chantel would have sorted them out enyway :lol: ..And it was great to see Mick so soon after coming out of papworth, well done mate :D , and it was great to see Karen Bedford, allways good to see her strutting her stuff lol.

Thanks to Molly and Lorrie for putting this venue on the map and giving us a great night, with a great line up of dj`s :D

Glyn-w

So glad you came and made your own mind up about the venue mate, I fully briefed my door staff before the night started. Having done door work myself a few years ago I know exactly what I wanted and what I expected from them. And that I would sort out any problems that arise. I was 99% certain I wouldn't have to anyway. The door was run very well by them and there was no local piss heads in attendance. I also witnessed them turning a few away looking for out of hours drinks.

And this will continue in the same format for future Soulin'around dates throughout the year :)

Best

Molly

So sincerely pleased that the night went so well. Hopefully get up sometime in the future mate.

Hi mate,

Many thanks for that, would be nice to have you up. I know Bedford lads would love to see ya :cheese1:

Hectic week last week, worrying and making sure everything goes to plan. You know what it's like, restless nights etc

Best

Molly x

Really sorry we couldnt make it for this,the first one ,having said that during the past few weeks of putting out the flyers I could see you were gonna be off to a flying start!!

So pleased for you and were really looking forward to making it next time for steve G and lincolnshires finest Carl Fortnum :yes: ,and obviously the November date :ohmy::thumbsup:

Steve

Look forward to having the Lincolnshire posse down here mate :D

Oh! and obviously Novembers date too. wink.gif

Best

Molly

So glad you came and made your own mind up about the venue mate, I fully briefed my door staff before the night started. Having done door work myself a few years ago I know exactly what I wanted and what I expected from them. And that I would sort out any problems that arise. I was 99% certain I wouldn't have to anyway. The door was run very well by them and there was no local piss heads in attendance. I also witnessed them turning a few away looking for out of hours drinks.

And this will continue in the same format for future Soulin'around dates throughout the year wink.gif

Best

Molly

Molly, you said you would, and eny doughts that i had were misplaced, it was a fantastic night, i wouldent have missed it for the world, ...So bring on the next one :lol: ..

After you making a show of me (yet again) and I didn't even request a tune, I think it's payback time...

How do you spell Halftime... :thumbsup: ... :D

HALFTIME ORANGE IS BACK,FRIDAY MAY 1ST

DON,T MISS IT SIAN,

Hi Molly, Hi Lorraine,

Sounds like the night was a real success, really pleased for you both.

Hope to see you both soon

Dolly & Neil x

Hi Dolly & Neil,

Many thanks for your kind comments, we had a great night last Saturday.

Can't wait now til the next chapter in May :P

Musically you would both love it. Maybe you can come down later on in the year when you have tied the knot as Mr and Mrs Jones ? :D

Will put your names on the door,as mine and Lorraines Guests. Oh! and tell Mr Rivers that he and Steff are both invited too.

Hope to see you all soon

Molly & Lorraine x x

Source Advert