• Replies 56
  • Views 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Guest Brett F

About bleeding time, Sheffield ( ok i know it's Rotherham... just) has become a drought on the rare vinyl soul front.

Plus when will Errol stop calling himself that stupid bloody name........... :thumbsup:

Yes about time it was back in Rotherham, The barn was always the best venue you had anyway during your 5 year "Walkabout" period.

All being well we will be there, there will be tickets on sale at the evnt for Bridlington as well.

Hope the new land lord/ lady gives this the support it deserves

Rob & Karen

Edited by Karen and Rob Wigley

Hey Martin,

Really looking forward to this one.

Will be good to be back at the Barn.

Might even get the Posse up to Kimmy!

Are you selling tickets?

:lol:

Sean

PS: Hope your Dad's on the mend as soon as possible.

Cheers mate. :lol:

Posse? Take it you mean Mr Benson, Mr Briscoe & Mr Taylor.

Know John's on nights but sure we could persuade him to throw a sickie :lol:biggrin.gif

My Dad's shown a few signs of improvement but just a case of taking it 1 day at a time Sean. Thanks for the good wishes thumbsup.gif

Ok martin we are sorted for this one, will be bringing Brid tickets as stated before.

Its good to see Rotherham back on the Soul map from the Modern point of view and in a place thats just right > Perfect size> good bar prices (for the Wakefield lads)>and in one room,

hope everyone gets off their arses to support it laugh.gif

See you there

rob & karen

A few pics of our night at the Barn from Jan 2007 on the link bekow.

Worth checking out to see Kirsty having a boogie in her knee length black leather boots whistling.gif

https://www.soul-source.co.uk/Soul-Sp...8-album925.html

Only 6 day's to go until we get back into the Barn & can't wait as I love that room, just oozes character & then some.

Have a look at the beams, about 300 years old & still going strong.

Guest Brett F

Good photos Martin i look clueless behind the decks.. :lol: , and yeah i remember Kirsty in her nylons and leather boots, but hell i was never looking :thumbup: i was more bothered with Hampseys MCA Australian copy of Tony Drake :D

Good photos Martin i look clueless behind the decks.. :ohmy: , and yeah i remember Kirsty in her nylons and leather boots, but hell i was never looking :ohmy: i was more bothered with Hampseys MCA Australian copy of Tony Drake :ohmy:

Nylons ? Nylons ? just how old are you Brett ? that is a term that gentlemen of a more mature age ( such as yours truly ) would

use :ohmy: .......

As for Hampsey , it is rumoured that he will be turning up complete with furtive look , dodgy syrup and the VHS recorder , as shown in the photograph below .....

Malc Burton

post-5097-1235907607_thumb.jpg

Edited by Malc Burton

VHS Recorder Malc?

Its an LP Box, outside Cleethorpes, you plonker!

Great pic though eh :D

:)

I know it is an LP box , and where it was taken : someone posted that picture in the gallery section , and I could not resist posting it up in relation to the Modernism thread in " Events Talk " .

Mr Dixon was the one who remarked it looked like you were doing a runner with a VHS ........

Still a dodgy syrup though :g: .......

Malc Burton

Guest biggray1

Myself the wife and Mr Hopes and Jackie will be in attendance for our first visit too the Barn,really up for this one,bring it on..Sat nav programed..Martin is there plenty of parking place around the Barn etc..oh and who is E SMOOVE..SEE YA SOON..Graham.

Myself the wife and Mr Hopes and Jackie will be in attendance for our first visit too the Barn,really up for this one,bring it on..Sat nav programed..Martin is there plenty of parking place around the Barn etc..oh and who is E SMOOVE..SEE YA SOON..Graham.

Be good to see the Bentink Backroomers :ohmy:

Plenty of secure safe parking in the car park behind the Barn fella.

Who is E SMOOVE? See post 3 on this thread biggrin.gif

As already said on EMS looking forward to this, see you Friday all I got to do now is to find the venue.

Barry Cooper

Dead easy to find Barry but if you want to have a check first just tap S61 1EP into google maps.

It's a mile from Jct 34 on the M1 (the Sheffield/Rotherham/Meadowhall exit) & you head for Kimberworth. Well signposted.

Not sure if this will work but try clicking on the link below & look for Meadowhall Rd & then Church Street.

https://uk.maps.yahoo.com/broadband#mvt=m&a...mag=4&env=a

As already said on EMS looking forward to this, see you Friday all I got to do now is to find the venue.

Barry Cooper

dead easy to find jnc 34 off M1,(meadowhall) follow down to Kimberworth and turn left at WILTON pub, up hill on right hand side.

Used to be our local !!

R & K

Guest DiddleyDi

VHS Recorder Malc?

Its an LP Box, outside Cleethorpes, you plonker!

Great pic though eh :thumbup:

no.gif

when you said I knew some dodgy people Sean - I assumed this was one of the piccies you were referring to when I posted them earlier this week ! What I want to know is .... Why do you look so guilty ??

when you said I knew some dodgy people Sean - I assumed this was one of the piccies you were referring to when I posted them earlier this week ! What I want to know is .... Why do you look so guilty ??

He had just trumped .......

Malc Burton

dead easy to find

from the south

jnc 34 off M1,(meadowhall), head UNDER tinsley viaduct to the roundabout at far end.

Follow road for Rotherham (about 1 mile or so) turn left at WILTON PUB on traffic lights-cross roads, go up the hill and its on right hand side.

Used to be our local !!

R & K

Just altered my earlier directions slightly !

Guest Brett F

Nylons ? Nylons ? just how old are you Brett ? that is a term that gentlemen of a more mature age ( such as yours truly ) would

use :thumbup: .......

As for Hampsey , it is rumoured that he will be turning up complete with furtive look , dodgy syrup and the VHS recorder , as shown in the photograph below .....

Malc Burton

laugh.gif Hi Malc, just have an affinity with 50's cheesecake magazines............. :thumbup:

Looks to me like its a promo for Bridlington, "Yorkshires Own" Soul Weekender Brid 2, 26th to 28th June 2009. The Spa, South Marine Drive, Bridlington...

...in Glorious Yorkshire, Rob.

:lol:

Si Thi Friday!

Sean

If it has numbers on it , it will be his identity parade line up card ........

You can tell you are an exiled Yorkshireman Sean : it is sithee - not " si - thi " , and I will sithee Friday neet owd cock ......

Malc Burton

" Am tellin' thi - get thi ticket now , or thall be weepin' if tha can't go on t'neet "

THE TORCH REUNION - SATURDAY 24TH OCTOBER

Email today and register for tickets or go on line for directions, accomodation, venue photos and ticket hotline

https://dkof.freewebpages.org/Torch%20reunion/home.html

Ticket reservations - burtonmalc@yahoo.co.uk / pauldonnellybp@aol.com

" Build it ( well , sort of ) and they will come "

ALL PROFITS will go to The Douglas Macmillan Hospice and The Stroke Association

For more information about these worthy causes , log onto www.dmhospice.org.uk and www.stroke.org.uk

Edited by Malc Burton

I'm holding my own Rob (with both hands :thumbup::) ).

Now where did I put those pics of tomorrow nights doorcrew (open to bribes whistling.gif ).

I have a "Photo archive" to blackmail people with as well Martin, including a MP4 of you dancing at Kiverton......

By the way any monkey business AND YER BARRED.... :)

R & K (Doors are US)

I have a "Photo archive" to blackmail people with as well Martin, including a MP4 of you dancing at Kiverton......

By the way any monkey business AND YER BARRED.... laugh.gif

R & K (Doors are US)

I had better behave as well ....... but at my age , I cannot do anything else :thumbup:

Looking forward to seeing you tomorrow .

Malc Burton

36 Tickets left

Email today and register for tickets or go on line for directions, accomodation, venue photos and ticket hotline

For more information about these worthy causes , log onto www.dmhospice.org.uk and www.stroke.org.uk

Edited by Malc Burton

I had better behave as well ....... but at my age , I cannot do anything else laugh.gif

Looking forward to seeing you tomorrow .

Malc Burton

30 Tickets left

Got our TORCH tickets through post today Malc, will you have any with you tomorrow ?

see you there

Rob & Karen

Sadly no , they are all with Paul at Chez Donnelly , but I will take reservations from those who are interested in reserving tickets , and we will get back in contact with them over the weekend .

Three weeks in , eight months to go , and only 36 ( not 30 ) tickets left . Pleased is not the word .......

Malc Burton

Edited by Malc Burton

Sadly I'm on nights now through till Sunday so I'll miss this (re)opener :lol: ....

So here's hoping you have a great night on your return at the "Barn" Martin, Errol and Russ :rolleyes: ....

Sorry to hear you can't make it Mark & thanks for the good wishes.

Was looking forwards to having our usual little football debate along with Errol, Steve M & Brett.

Fear Brett might have brought along his brand new Spear & Jackson shovel though :thumbup:

Sorry to hear you can't make it Mark & thanks for the good wishes.

Was looking forwards to having our usual little football debate along with Errol, Steve M & Brett.

Fear Brett might have brought along his brand new Spear & Jackson shovel though :lol:

Well, after hearing "Runaway" on the only two times its ever been played out :wave: I'm on for the hat trick. I just hope the said disc hasn't been taken into care under High Court order so visitation rights can be agreed. :lol:

Well, after hearing "Runaway" on the only two times its ever been played out rolleyes.gif I'm on for the hat trick. I just hope the said disc hasn't been taken into care under High Court order so visitation rights can be agreed. :lol:

Just read that for the 3rd time Steve & still not got the foggiest what on earth you're on about (we need a 'scratching head' smiley!).

Explain it to me later over a pint of Smiths or if you prefer a pint of vile tasting real ale unless Franklin drinks it all first :lol: