Clifton Hall

Guest Li'l T

AS PROMISED

post-12571-1234813908_thumb.jpg

Nice one,i miss nighters that used ultra-violet lights used to make white socks look coool couldnt see fukc all else tho' biggrin.gif same lights used for Bradford.

Edited by ken
Social source share

• Replies 164
  • Views 26k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

:D

I don't have any bloody hair...

...it was yours I was on about!

Hope you're well sunshine.

:shades:

Sean

Not me,never have any trouble with me barnet ever only shity hair cuts :lol: i'm ok mate,you too i bet :lol:

Social source share

Guest topcatnumpty1

The 1st anniversary flyer. Is it 13 November 1981 ?

Yes indeed Mr.Mannion --13 th. Nov 1981--my 25 th birthday--got some nice records of some guy called Alan Senior that night i believe!!!!

Tony Coleby.

Social source share

The 1st anniversary flyer. Is it 13 November 1981 ?

Yes 1981 Steve, also the last time i sold any records to Tony Coleby LOL

I remember this as i have a tin of trophy polish from Bramall Lane (Unopened) still with same date on it.....

Great to see the photos! I have some somewhere....but i have not finished identifying who did'nt pay to get in yet....but when finished i will have to get some scanned in...dance contest with Scotty, Hammie, Hockie and crew....how are these chaps????

Do you remember i brought a load of records in to give away that had been stored up at my mothers in the Garage, mainly Detroit that no body wanted at the time and we threw them into the crowd, and they all went beserk for them!

On reflection i now know why.

Lots of Jack Montgomery's on Barracuda, Jackie Beavers on Nation and Scotts on Swingers demo's etc etc. Used to sell Masqueraders "How" for £5 at that time.....with few takers

Its no wonder i am poor....

Social source share

Guest topcatnumpty1

I remember this as i have a tin of trophy polish from Bramall Lane (Unopened) still with same date on it.....

Great to see the photos! I have some somewhere....but i have not finished identifying who did'nt pay to get in yet....but when finished i will have to get some scanned in...dance contest with Scotty, Hammie, Hockie and crew....how are these chaps????

Do you remember i brought a load of records in to give away that had been stored up at my mothers in the Garage, mainly Detroit that no body wanted at the time and we threw them into the crowd, and they all went beserk for them!

Lots of Jack Montgomery's on Barracuda, Jackie Beavers on Nation and Scotts on Swingers demo's etc etc. Used to sell Masqueraders "How" for £5 at that time.....with few takers

Yeh-----records no-one wanted 00i think i got an issue of GW 23(Carl Carlton)!!! happy days--and you charged me £45 for Al Williams or Lester Tipton in 1978!!!!

Tony Coleby

Social source share

Hockie is about,some Rotherham crowd down at Rugby the other week and Scottys sis Debbie with Howard been seen down London 100club and London bridge.

Social source share

Guest AlanGreaves

Thats actually a ticket steve,

I never managed to get a flyer !!

My memberships form Clifton Hall, Rotherham was the first nighter I ever went to with my older brother in December 1980. This is what got me hooked on the soul scene and I never looked back

post-4428-1235070003_thumb.jpg

post-4428-1235070098_thumb.jpg

Social source share

• 3 years later...
Guest crick

Rotherham had a few good places about the same time such as the slighty earlier Assembly rooms and the slightly later Football club.

Clifton Hall also had many soul nights as well as the niters.

Derek Sheldon, dj, springs to mind as the promoter.

Ed

went to assembly rooms and windmill as well as clifton many times
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!