• Replies 49
  • Views 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Yeh - Everyone!

As I looked deep into the pictures it brought me straight back there.

Bloody amaaaaaaaaaazing them Mark!

Thanks

:unsure:

Sean

Also a fine place to hold a couple of Harlem Shuffles ........

Malc Burton

Social source share

Guest topcatnumpty1

Is that an eutnanisam for something else uncle Malc........

We

Still got the Ticket for one of the Harlem Shuffle events there years later--when someone said to me (on entering) Wow --this would be great for an all nighter---- the night that Paul Temple won the Dance contest(i kid you not)and was so embarassed!!!--A brilliant venue--Wharncliffe street???

Best

Tony Coleby

Social source share

Still got the Ticket for one of the Harlem Shuffle events there years later--when someone said to me (on entering) Wow --this would be great for an all nighter---- the night that Paul Temple won the Dance contest(i kid you not)and was so embarassed!!!--A brilliant venue--Wharncliffe street???

Best

Tony Coleby

No contest for Paul was it?

Sure knew how to move them hips did Paul.

Yep, cracking nights, the Harlem Shuffles.

The late Dave Godin judged the Dancing contest. RIP.

Happy days, all of em, at Clifton.

Well remembered, Tony.

Hope you're well mate.

:tumbleweed3:

Sean

Social source share

Guest Brett F

I found an old album & thought I'd share some photo's of the old days

recognise anyone?

enjoy

Mark (Swift)post-12571-1234813644_thumb.jpg

Fantastic, me and my mates John T and Stevie Alderton (rip) used to dance as your photos show extreme right of the stage but back to the top end of the hall, what i love is that everyone looks young.just as we were back then 17/18 etc........

Social source share

Guest Brett F

Fantastic, me and my mates John T and Stevie Alderton (rip) used to dance as your photos show extreme right of the stage but back to the top end of the hall, what i love is that everyone looks young.just as we were back then 17/18 etc........

Does anyone remember the two Jamaican sisters who lived at Banner Cross Sheffield, really quiet girls but they always danced and supported the venue when i went, perhaps a litle older than i was around 19/20 years of age (back then)?

Social source share

Does anyone remember the two Jamaican sisters who lived at Banner Cross Sheffield, really quiet girls but they always danced and supported the venue when i went, perhaps a litle older than i was around 19/20 years of age (back then)?

Think we've talked about before on here Brett,i remember em' anyway cute !! :tumbleweed3:

Social source share

Guest Brett F

I had the long wedge haircut back then, plus no glasses, what year did they have Edwin Starr on live 82/83?

I remember the record and bar area, said it before but there was a little dncefloor upstairs size of a postage stamp.

Social source share

Is that an eutnanisam for something else uncle Malc........

We

No ..... wash your mind out :thumbup:

Hampsey and I used , as you are aware , the CH for our two Harlem Shuffle promotions there in 1987 and 1988 .

1700 people attended those two nights ......

Malc Burton

Edited by Malc Burton
Social source share

recognise anyone?

enjoy

My brother-DES RATCLIFFE, who dropped off the scene after the clifton hall, he still attends our do`s in york but dosn`t travel now, he`ll be made up when he sees this, great photo`s of a great venue, good times indeed, you never see me on any photos for the simple reason not many photos of the record bars :thumbup::ohmy:

Social source share

Guest DiddleyDi

I'm new to SS and having a ball trawling through years worth of memories ! This really takes me back although I dont ever remember there being that much space free on the dancefloor ! It always seemed packed where I used to dance (front of stage on left hand side ) Happy days :-) biggrin.gif

Social source share

I'm new to SS and having a ball trawling through years worth of memories ! This really takes me back although I dont ever remember there being that much space free on the dancefloor ! It always seemed packed where I used to dance (front of stage on left hand side ) Happy days :-) biggrin.gif

Think Steve was onstage while the pictures were taken, Di.

That always freed up a bit of space!

:D

Sean

Social source share

Guest DiddleyDi

Think Steve was onstage while the pictures were taken, Di.

That always freed up a bit of space!

:lol:

Sean

oooh - bitch bitch !! ha ha I was assuming it was the first hour when people were still arriving and checking out who was there !!

Social source share

• 7 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi mark DiddleyDi told me about your pictures there great remember clifton hall very well great times. middle right picture, dark hair, black fred, perry blue jeans. Right in the middle of the picture thats me deano walker thanks for blast to the past pitty we can't tag your pics that would be fun cheers Deano

Social source share

november 13 is my birthday but i honestly cant remember if i was there or not ,,,

clifton hall was the first all niter that i went to fairly regualy , loved the place ,

i think i used to spend most of the nite on the balcony just listening to the music and watching every one else dancing down bellow

always remember the Preston Street Dancers with there whistles lol

Social source share

November 13th. is my birthday as well ---born on Friday 13 th.------got married to Rani on Fri 13/11 also!!!

T.C.

how mad is that eh ?

tell rani i will see him at the Keighley all dayer and that Jimmy Bullard is definatly hulls best player

Social source share

Loma---T.c. is me--topcatnumpty--Tony Coleby--Rani is the little one with 2 lumps in front !!

Best

T.c.

sorry top cat , i thought rani was the hull fan ? so its you who supports hull eh ,,,

looking forward to sunday alldayer ,,, i will wish you luck when west ham are a few places above you lol

Social source share

Guest topcatnumpty1

Loma---i,ve been watching City since 1967,and took Rani th her first game at Boothferry on Bixing Day 1989.

3-0 UP AFTER 28 MINS--"Getting Mauled by the Tigers,You,re getting mauled by the Tigers"

See you soon

TONY C.

Social source share

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

It was always pitch black inside clifton. I remember just seeing a little light on the stage I was always at the back of the room laying flatout on the wooden chairs. Does anybody remember the boiled beefburgers that was sold there?

They were Westlers' beefburgers , and were like eating the sole of a flip flop .

Malc

Social source share

Guest soulmaguk

i recognise rob daly on these, top right pic wearing heavy blue jumper with ski design, dave knights mate from scarboro. think i'm also on this, bottom left pic, shirt off red two tone kecks. many thanks for posting this, it will wow mr. daly very much when he clocks these.

Jock

Social source share

Guest Decroco

A small claim to fame from me is that I was one of the last people to DJ at Clifton Hall before they flattened it in the late 8ts.

Ray did a Soul night there a short while before the final curtain, which I think was the very last Soul event of the hall...

If anyone can back me up on that I would like to know as my memory ain't what it used to be.

Social source share

• 6 months later...

recognise anyone?

enjoy

ive turned up there in a dodgy motor,climbed up drainpipe into gents toilets spent my money on illicit substances and danced all nite,great memories and im a good boy now ! keep the faith
Social source share

• 6 months later...

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!